Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-18-2020, 03:09 AM   #1
HenrikS13

Trader Rating: (0)
HenrikS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Making custom ac lines, need help to find correct fittings

I want the AC to work in my rb25 swaped s13 so I went to some shops to have them make custom hoses but none of them really could help me. One could crimp the hoses if I provided them with fittings. Since Nissan don't use standard fittings I found some fittings that can be welded/brazed on the hose ends Nissan uses. But after meassured the Nissan hose ends it just confuses me what to buy. The Nissan hose ends are 12.5mm and 16.5mm outer diameter.

I also found just the sleeves/ferrules to crimp on but I don't know if thats possible to do
HenrikS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2020, 02:48 PM   #2
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Junkyard....bring the comprssor with u and trial n error fit lines to match up.. take the ends that work amd have them added to custom lines. Done

Help a friend do that with rb26 compressor wanna say q45 lines had same ends but cant recall the year
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 03:10 AM   #3
HenrikS13

HenrikS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
Junkyard....bring the comprssor with u and trial n error fit lines to match up.. take the ends that work amd have them added to custom lines. Done

Help a friend do that with rb26 compressor wanna say q45 lines had same ends but cant recall the year
Yeah I should probably have been more clear about what I need, I have the everything that bolts on the compressor and condensor ect but my problem is how to add them to the lines. No shop here could really do it, or one could crimp it if I bring them everything (they was just saying to buy fittings that should be welded/brazed to Nissans hose ends)
HenrikS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 05:08 PM   #4
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
hah.

This is why I kept that huuuuuge stack of A/C lines over the last 20 years
and they said i was crazy.... sleeping on a pile of lines like a dragon on a treasure hoard

Basically you find the line that fits the hole, then weld it to whatever line fits your car. I used to tig weld aluminum A/C lines so I just know how simple this is.

I wouldn't spend money trying to fix this. Just do what the guy said goto the junkyard find the right line that fits then have someone weld it on real quick $20 5 minutes
If that fails goto a local JDM importer shop assuming you still have those and find the lines on an a/c compressor sitting on the ground somewhere in the corner... thats where they usually are in a stack
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 05:50 PM   #5
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
You might be interested to know that old cars just use very mean hose barbs and clamps.

If you can get a barb welded or threaded onto your ends, anyway.
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote