Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Businesses

Businesses Review your dealings with commercial entities here. Remember: Fair and objective. Flaming, accusations, and complaints are not allowed. Zilvia is not a grievance forum.

Old 11-04-2015, 11:07 AM   #61
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
2muchboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
I am sure it isnt needed but thought I would share my experience with WS. Yury and the guys are awesome to deal with. When I was having my LS harness made I asked for some modifications to suit my needs (LM7 with CTSV Front Accessory Drive) and had my PCM reflashed. Everything was top notch when it arrived at my place and the quality of work is second to none. My second experience with WS is the WS harness in my Zenki LS1 which was purchased with the harness. Again, extremely high quality with no issues. Everyone I have spoken to has had the same experience. If i ever need another harness I will be going back to WS with no doubts.
2muchboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2015, 11:31 AM   #62
wiring specialties
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
wiring specialties is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Thank you sir! We realize a great product needs great support. Our goal is to leave everyone with the same experience as you had. Thanks again for posting!
wiring specialties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 05:15 PM   #63
godrifttoday
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (82)
godrifttoday is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 82 reviews
anyone else know of a company doing engine harnesses?
Old 11-12-2015, 10:04 PM   #64
BigKriss
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
BigKriss is making a name for him/her selfBigKriss is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Pretty good experience until I asked for a duplicate coil harness RB26 they were doing for me at the time.
The wheels then totally fell of. If you can make one, why not a second duplicate ?

Quality was top notch though. The second coil harness left a shitty lasting taste though.
Barry-South Africa-You remember me Yuri.
BigKriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 04:56 PM   #65
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

zerodameaon is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by godrifttoday View Post
anyone else know of a company doing engine harnesses?
Yes but you are best to avoid that cluster...

Anyways, second harness from Yuri, top notch as always. I bought a early RB25 harness and now a KA harness combo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKdaMoRoN View Post
Maybe you should petition the retards who are paying 5k for an S13.

Need to adjust your idle?
http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/395413...-pictures.html
zerodameaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 01:53 PM   #66
Nicelyphe
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
Nicelyphe is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Great experience with them two times in 4 years or so. First harness by them was an sr20 into an s13. Second was recently purchased which is an LS into Zenki s14. Quality is def there, and Jeff/Yuri are great help. They took the LS harness back and added the A/C + changed it to a manual swapped chassis without any issues or hesitation.
Nicelyphe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 03:15 PM   #67
wiring specialties
Zilvia Junkie

Awesome- we are very happy to hear about customer experiences! Thanks to Nicelyphe and zerodameaon for the reviews.
Old 01-04-2016, 09:51 PM   #68
1993fdrx7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (32)
1993fdrx7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Great business! Yury made two sr harnesses for me 10 years ago, one of which retained ac. His customer service was second to none. I look forward to having him do my LS1 harness later this month!
1993fdrx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 07:45 PM   #69
lilcim
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
lilcim is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Amazing customer service, amazing product. Fast answers, 2.5 weeks delay harness shipping which is FAST for something fully custom.

Nothing to say only POSITIVE ! Quality of their product is A1, worth every single penny.
Old 01-25-2016, 08:01 AM   #70
wiring specialties
Zilvia Junkie

Thanks guys - we love customer feedback! Enjoy your projects, can't wait for SPRING.
Old 01-25-2016, 03:31 PM   #71
Dcrprez
Leaky Injector

Dcrprez is just really niceDcrprez is just really niceDcrprez is just really niceDcrprez is just really niceDcrprez is just really niceDcrprez is just really niceDcrprez is just really niceDcrprez is just really niceDcrprez is just really niceDcrprez is just really nice
Still waiting on that LS3 to S14 harness! Not buying from anyone but you guys @wiringspecialities.
Dcrprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 05:49 PM   #72
godrifttoday
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (82)
godrifttoday is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 82 reviews
legit, had them do a custom ka harness with ls2 coils, must have asked yury a million and one questions, answered them all! awesome service.
Old 01-27-2016, 08:02 AM   #73
wiring specialties
Zilvia Junkie

Thanks guys - look for some exciting products in 2016 like JZ VVTi, 350Z Canbus integration (no more dual ECUs) and of course expanding our LSx harness compatibility.

Nissan is our sweet spot, so if you need something for your Nissan engine swap that is not listed on our site please feel free to email us and ask if we can make it!

[email protected]
860-799-6579

Thanks!
Old 01-27-2016, 06:27 PM   #74
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Been looking to find a male plug that fits in the ignitor plugs on the Sr harnesses so I can make an ignitor delete jumper without modifying my harness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 07:46 AM   #75
wiring specialties
Zilvia Junkie

Yup - I know exactly what you mean. We had one manufactured for RB25DET but have not had many requests for an SR20DET version. It is on the product development list but won't be available anytime soon sorry!
Old 04-06-2016, 01:07 PM   #76
PLAYERO_LOKO
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
PLAYERO_LOKO is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiring specialties View Post
our LS2 harnesses are almost complete and then we will be moving onto LS3, so your two requests are almost taken care of
is it safe to assume that you will NOT be making an LS2 harness, right?
PLAYERO_LOKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 03:07 PM   #77
wiring specialties
Zilvia Junkie

LS2 / Drive By Wire is well along in the development cycle. I do not have a release date yet though, sorry!
Old 05-05-2016, 07:14 PM   #78
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Im seriously considering getting a WS harness for my s14 rb25. It says on their website and even they have told me that all of their harnesses allow you to keep your a/c, but I know from personal experience that when it comes to koukis (or at least 98's) it gets a little tricky. I already have all the mechanical stuff, I even had working a/c on my rb25 kouki before i took everything apart for upgrades, the problem was the compressor wouldn't cycle, but that was with my own modified harness.
So, I would love to hear from personal experiences regarding rb25 koukis with working a/c's running WS harness......long shot I know.
feito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 07:19 PM   #79
VAs13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (28)
VAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Just got a TPS plug for an RB26 through RawBrokerage from them. Shipping was fast and the plug fixed my irregular throttle issues.
VAs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 02:15 PM   #80
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I just wanted to stop by and leave some positive feedback for WS, after spending $1000's of my own money on their products for my personal use, and using their components on customer jobs I can say that the quality is top notch. Yuri is also one of the coolest dudes to talk to!
Old 06-22-2016, 07:57 AM   #81
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Wiring specialties would make a killing if they jumped into the Subaru game. Lots of money to be made there seeing as the number of subie people in the world and no one has yet to do anything for the 08 and up cars due to canbus.

I'd buy your stuff super quick for my subie as well
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 08:46 AM   #82
wiring specialties
Zilvia Junkie

Our Universal PRO Harness works well for older Subaru - we have sold a bunch to shops.

http://www.wiringspecialties.com/universal/

For CANBUS, we are thru prototype and into production on our CANBUS compliant 350z PRO Harness. We will certainly be looking to expand the use of that integration knowledge.

Thanks for the comments!
Old 09-28-2016, 05:41 PM   #83
Veltall
Zilvia Member

Veltall is an unknown quantity at this point
just wanted to give my review on my experience with Wiring Specialties.

Bought a 1jz vvti harness from them for the s13. When I first got the harness, it looked awesome so I went to work asap.

After figuring out some little things, the car would want to start but it immediately died. Found out cylinders 2 and 5 weren't getting injector pulse or spark. As soon as I was able to get to my car, I called Yury and was on the phone with him and his tech for maybe 10-15 minutes. They figured out what the problem was immediately and car was running. Its been a couple of weeks since and the car has been running great.

Real happy with the quality of the harness and customer service. Yury is the man to talk to
Veltall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 10:10 AM   #84
wiring specialties
Zilvia Junkie

Thanks for the review - glad everything was handled quickly!

We strive to answer all calls and reply to all emails as fast as possible. No one want to be stick waiting and waiting. Simple questions or big complicated builds - bring 'em on!
Old 01-12-2017, 01:21 PM   #85
ADIDASilvias
Leaky Injector

ADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the rough
Amazing Company

If it hasn't been established by now that WS is an amazing company, I'll throw my two cents into the ring as well. I ordered a RB25det NEO to S14 swap harness from them on their Black Friday special. I also ordered the upgraded ground strap kit, and the LS coil harness at the same time.

I am decently adept at electronics, and following the wiring diagrams would not have been a huge issue if I had decided to tackle the harness myself. I originally considered buying the harness connector set from WS and wiring the engine myself. After looking at the amount of different color wires involved and pricing out the smallest quantities of each color combo as well as the fire resistant sleeving and everything else to make the harness I decided that the increase in cost for the WS harness was minimal. I also would not have to deal with yet one more part of the swap that I chose to DIY, which is a huge win, and WS is definitely available for troubleshooting if there are issues.

My thoughts on the transaction are:

#1 - The price was great considering I got all three for less than the harness alone without the Black Friday discount. Even at full price they are less expensive than any other option other than DIY, and not that much more than DIY.

#2 - I contacted WS to let them know my planned setup involved a Link ECU, Link Boost Solenoid, Bosch IAT, conversion to MAP, Wideband O2, Q45 S1 throttle body, and USCAR plug injectors. I was concerned that I would not have the details figured out before the sale ended. They assured me that they would honor the sale price if it went beyond the cut-off. After conversing with Yuri through e-mail I made the purchase during the sale with the intent to figure everything out before the harness was finalized.

#3 - After a few e-mails back and forth the harness details were determined, and it was shipped within 2 weeks. This is amazing considering the customization and the fact I know there were plenty of other harnesses being made at the time.

#4 - Yuri was great to deal with and made sure we had everything correct. It was a great customer experience.

#5 - The quality of the harness is superb! I can wire, sleeve, and heatshrink well enough to know that care was taken with every connection.

Every time I read the claim that their harnesses are 'OEM quality' I laugh a little because this harness exceeds OEM quality in every aspect. There is no electrical tape, corrugated plastic sleeving, or random sections of wire left unsleeved on the entire harness.

Thanks Yuri and the WS team!
ADIDASilvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 12:22 PM   #86
travon47
Leaky Injector

travon47 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADIDASilvias View Post

Every time I read the claim that their harnesses are 'OEM quality' I laugh a little because this harness exceeds OEM quality in every aspect. There is no electrical tape, corrugated plastic sleeving, or random sections of wire left unsleeved on the entire harness.

Thanks Yuri and the WS team!

This is not true, they sell an oem series with corrugated plastic sleeving and electrical tape. lol

Either way they do sell a great product. I will give my 2 cents since I have purchased a ls1 harness from them.
Everything was great other than a lot of wires being tight that I can hardly get the connectors connected, which isn't a big deal ( I know its part of tucking a harness) but if a lot of wires had one more inch it would have been easier.

I also had 3 connectors that go to the fuse box that did not fit the oem connector well and were too loose, resulting in me using zipties and unpinning it and putting an oem connector on.

Their water temp adapter for Nissan, they say its fine(when I called) and they stated we have never had a complaint about it and maybe mine was defective yet it looked the same as the pics. They told me they were sending me a new one incase mine was bad and had good customer service but , I never received it. (They recommended thread tape which I tried, also tried liquid thread tape but nothing would hold because it was too loose and the threads aren't made to seal so I had to empty coolant a few times) The reason I didn't call back is because I figured out there adaptor isn't correct and doesn't allow the temp sensor to bottom out to make it seal. I fixed this by sanding down the sensors hex where you tighten it to sink farther into the adaptor. I had to do this to a non oem temp sensor and also a oem sensor.

Either way I had good experience with them and have recommended them to many people that eventually bought a harness through them and was very glad I didn't have to deal with chase bays for the harness. A clutch line was enough for me lol
Also I ordered the ground kit they offer, honestly I have no idea where you would even attach anything and proved to be a waste of money, atleast for me and my swap
Keep up the great work WS
travon47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 03:18 PM   #87
wiring specialties
Zilvia Junkie

Hey guys - thanks for the comments! Welcome to 2017.

Not sure what happened with the CTS adapter, maybe you did get a defective adapter. If not satisfied please call in and talk to Sales.

Since we pre-build our products in batches, our turnaround time for in stock harnesses is pretty quick. 1-2 weeks is the average, but simple harnesses can go out within 2-3 days sometimes.

Had a very surprised guy in England last summer - his harness arrived 3 days after placing the order. 8>)

It's simple - staff here at Wiring Specialties all buy car parts constantly for our own projects, and we know what makes us unhappy. Mostly no communications! So it is usually easy to avoid creating problems by having good communication and ways to contact us immediately and easily.

Watch for LS2 drive-by-wire support, E46 support, S13 engine bay replacement harness and other advances in 2017.

Thanks for your support!
Old 01-16-2017, 12:41 PM   #88
ADIDASilvias
Leaky Injector

ADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by travon47 View Post
This is not true, they sell an oem series with corrugated plastic sleeving and electrical tape. lol
Yes I realize I bought the Pro Series harness, but even the OEM series looks quite a bit better than the stock harness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travon47 View Post
Also I ordered the ground kit they offer, honestly I have no idea where you would even attach anything and proved to be a waste of money, atleast for me and my swap
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9F...kzS1o1Q3c/view

^Linky to the WS install guide for the 5 point ground kit. Read some reviews of people upgrading the grounds on their chassis. It makes a pretty noticeable difference in a few areas, and bad grounds can cause some very difficult to diagnose issues. I'm pretty sure that's what killed my Stanza, though tracking down which ground was the culprit was more than the car was worth at the time.
ADIDASilvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 08:00 AM   #89
travon47
Leaky Injector

travon47 is an unknown quantity at this point
I did call and was told I was having one sent to me back in October. lol idc anymore since I made it work. Just frustrating

Quote:

Not sure what happened with the CTS adapter, maybe you did get a defective adapter. If not satisfied please call in and talk to Sales.
Yeah I have seen that but that is for a ka/sr. There is no way "I" could get it to work with a LS1 that would make any sense, atleast on mine. It is nice quality though. If anyone wants it lmk lol they are back ordered
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADIDASilvias View Post

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9F...kzS1o1Q3c/view

^Linky to the WS install guide for the 5 point ground kit. Read some reviews of people upgrading the grounds on their chassis. It makes a pretty noticeable difference in a few areas, and bad grounds can cause some very difficult to diagnose issues. I'm pretty sure that's what killed my Stanza, though tracking down which ground was the culprit was more than the car was worth at the time.
travon47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 02:30 PM   #90
souljaseth33
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
souljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to souljaseth33
Quote:
Hey guys - thanks for the comments! Welcome to 2017.

S13 engine bay replacement harness and other advances in 2017.

Thanks for your support!

Looking forward to this! Currently have a KA harness from you guys and couldn't be happier with it.
souljaseth33 is offline   Reply With Quote