Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 02-07-2012, 12:37 PM   #31
Imarvin240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Imarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
im excited to see how this turns out, looks like a good start
Old 02-07-2012, 02:18 PM   #32
garagelu
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (60)
garagelu is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 60 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s14unimog View Post
I've heard about this place; seems like a cool place but how do they ensure your car isn't pillaged or taken by another member or member's friend?

Did you buy that S15 from Bryant? I love that gold Kouki.
Well there's a full security system with cameras everywhere so it would be tough. You need a code to get in the door and you also need to enter a code in the box once you walk in to disarm the system. Some of the cars in that place are quarter and half a million dollar cars so I feel pretty safe with them. And pretty much all the members are older guys and probably could care less about my rice bowl. They are all into beemers and muscle and they all have pretty baller jobs. You won't find a 18 year old kid storing his honda civic there. What I'm trying to say is that these guys will repect your property as long as you respect theirs.

And no I don't know who Bryant is. I bought this from a guy in Seattle. Thanks for the compliment on the gold car. I miss it a lot. The kid that bought it is local and he said he'd let me drive it sometime so I am looking forward to it.
garagelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:52 PM   #33
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Since I'm living vicariously through you, what do you have planned for this car?
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:17 PM   #34
garagelu
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
Since I'm living vicariously through you, what do you have planned for this car?
I have a lot planned for the car this year but you'll just have to stay tuned! Here's something to hold you over. New turbo came last week. I'm talking to a few companies right now about retrofitting a billet compressor wheel.

Old 02-12-2012, 06:43 PM   #35
garagelu
Nissanaholic!

On Friday after work I got started disassembling my Brembos to get them ready to send off for coating. I did some research and couldn't find anywhere that stated the torque spec when you reassemble these calipers so I checked the static torque on the bolts before I removed them. Dynamic torque is usually about 5% of static so I'll be torquing them back at about 150 Nm.

I started with the front calipers first.

Used a pick tool to remove the dust covers. Right after I pulled all the dust covers from the front calipers, my buddy called me to see if I wanted to head out to Sweetwater brewery to get some beer. I definitely didn't say no after such a long week at work. Spent 10 bucks for about 7 or 8 beers...not too bad. So needless to say, I didn't get too far with the brakes.

Cool! Didn't know there were nismo pads in there.

Old 02-12-2012, 08:04 PM   #36
heiyuu
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
heiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
Didnt I sell you my old SR head and GT3071 turbo kit?

Thats one of the cleanest S15 interior I've seen. On every S15 I've seen in Japan, the damn gray paint around the dash trim is peeling off. Shit looked tacky.
Hey that was me! Your old stuff is still sitting in my basement. Lost my job soon after I bought that stuff from you so I never got a chance to finish collecting the right parts to throw it all together.

But now life is back on track and I am a ecu away and a few bolts away from putting it all together. Weeeee! </threadjack>

PS. One of the lifters is missing, where they stock or something special?
Old 02-12-2012, 08:47 PM   #37
va240dude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (161)
va240dude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 161 reviews
Dude, I'm seriously impressed with your Zenki build...looks gorgeous! Any links to your build? Great choice on the GT-RS, one of the best turbos for the SR20 by far. Looking forward to seeing your progress. Congrats on owning an S15!!!
Old 02-13-2012, 09:17 AM   #38
garagelu
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by va240dude View Post
Dude, I'm seriously impressed with your Zenki build...looks gorgeous! Any links to your build? Great choice on the GT-RS, one of the best turbos for the SR20 by far. Looking forward to seeing your progress. Congrats on owning an S15!!!
Thanks, I miss that car a lot for sure. No I never did document much on that car. I took a lot of random pics along the way but never put it all together.

The GT-RS turbo will definately be fun. I'm not looking for a crazy amount of power on this car so I think that turbo is perfect.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:09 AM   #39
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Looking forward to this Kevin!

Glad to hear you were kidding about selling this thing haha.
kyles1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:18 AM   #40
bigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
bigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I had a boner driving next to this thing on the way to IA. Just sayin' haha

Beautiful car.
bigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:00 PM   #41
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
I'm down with the choice of turbo...It's on my short list of ones I'd like to run myself...

I've been collecting parts for a while now and the wait is killing me! This thread should calm my nerves
Old 02-13-2012, 08:00 PM   #42
garagelu
Nissanaholic!

Wheel faces removed tonight! They're ready to ship out to Cali for a new look!

Old 02-13-2012, 08:13 PM   #43
89SwapXE
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
89SwapXE is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
i want more of this XD
89SwapXE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 06:54 PM   #44
garagelu
Nissanaholic!

Old 02-14-2012, 07:10 PM   #45
Big Zee
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
Big Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Big Zee
this thread is lacking

lacking more pictures!!!
beautiful car! were the brakes factory ? or do you have a z series brembo on them ?
Big Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:16 PM   #46
VAs13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (28)
VAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
well since i sold my s15 ive been driving an suv. you have inspired me to start my next s13 build, hence i ordered my rb26 today. so thank you and i am looking forward to seeing this build!
VAs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:50 AM   #47
garagelu
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Zee View Post
this thread is lacking

lacking more pictures!!!
beautiful car! were the brakes factory ? or do you have a z series brembo on them ?
No the brembos were never a factory option for the S15. These brembos are actually off a r33 GTR. 100 percent bolt on with 12.75 inch rotors. I had STI brembos on my s14 and OEM brembos are very cost effective and plenty for an S-chassis.

MORE PICS COMING!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAs13 View Post
well since i sold my s15 ive been driving an suv. you have inspired me to start my next s13 build, hence i ordered my rb26 today. so thank you and i am looking forward to seeing this build!
Your white S15 was pretty iconic so you are an inspiration to me as well. I still can't believe you sold that thing. I can't wait to see what you do with the s13.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:01 PM   #48
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAs13 View Post
I'm looking forward to your next build for sure!

And I like where this build is going so far!
Old 02-15-2012, 12:47 PM   #49
fatduece
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
fatduece is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Subscibed. Build is off to a HOT start. Just dont ruin it with something g@y like a v8 swap.
fatduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:12 PM   #50
rb20240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
rb20240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Damn that s14 was hot did you ever drive through the florida panhandle with it?
Old 02-15-2012, 09:31 PM   #51
garagelu
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatduece View Post
Subscibed. Build is off to a HOT start. Just dont ruin it with something g@y like a v8 swap.
V8=EWWW, lol. A V8 in this minty S15 would just be wrong. Others may have different opinions but that's just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb20240sx View Post
Damn that s14 was hot did you ever drive through the florida panhandle with it?
Actually, yea I did. This picture was from my drive down to Pensacola. I think this was during spring break in 08. I drove from Michigan, where I was going to school at the time, back home to Huntsville, AL, and then down to Pensacola.

Old 02-22-2012, 05:34 PM   #52
garagelu
Nissanaholic!

Got back into the ATL on Monday. What an amazing weekend in San Francisco for Wekfest. Got to hang out with all the PGK(Premium Garage Krew) guys, Frank from Downstar Inc, Ryan from Rywire, Joey from The Chronicles, etc. This was the first time seeing west coast cars in person and I am definitely impressed. East coast is so far behind it's not even funny.

Today I finished up disassembling my Brembos.

Once you get the dust cover off, take the bleeder screw out so you can blow compressed air into the caliper. One thing I learned is to compress the piston before you try blowing it out. This will allow the piston to free up a little. If your caliper has been sitting for a while, it will be tough if you don't break it loose.

After you blow the piston out, you have to remove the rubber o-ring.

All ready to ship out! If you guys decide to do this, make sure you label EVERYTHING so you can put everything where it was originally.

Old 02-22-2012, 05:51 PM   #53
Imarvin240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Imarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
nice walk through on the disassembly.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:23 PM   #54
koukimuncher
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (29)
koukimuncher is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelu View Post
V8=EWWW, lol. A V8 in this minty S15 would just be wrong. Others may have different opinions but that's just me.

Actually, yea I did. This picture was from my drive down to Pensacola. I think this was during spring break in 08. I drove from Michigan, where I was going to school at the time, back home to Huntsville, AL, and then down to Pensacola.

lol wow wish i could see it back than i live in pensacola lol our beaches are pretty nice
koukimuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:43 PM   #55
2toneSilvia
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (16)
2toneSilvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Seen in person super clean!! Great guy too bought some parts from you in the past
2toneSilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:57 PM   #56
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Excited to see the brakes when they get back, Kevin! Looking good.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:52 AM   #57
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelu View Post
A V8 in this minty S15 would just be wrong. Others may have different opinions but that's just me.
I see us becoming friends...
Old 02-28-2012, 01:13 PM   #58
GideonD1025
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
GideonD1025 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
In for this build love it so far
GideonD1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:15 PM   #59
S14Serge
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
S14Serge is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Dam this is def baller status owning an s15!
Old 02-28-2012, 06:24 PM   #60
2stepGoesPowPow
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
2stepGoesPowPow is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
that place where you store your car looks a lot like what i presume heaven looks like... i wish i had a place like that for my car :'(
2stepGoesPowPow is offline   Reply With Quote