Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 11-25-2019, 08:04 AM   #1171
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
ka-titties is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Hell yeah \m/
ka-titties is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2019, 11:05 AM   #1172
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Matt, saw the pics on FB but I love seeing the thread get bumped haha - this is rad!
#yearlyZilviaVisit

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 11:06 AM   #1173
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 115 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
Matt, saw the pics on FB but I love seeing the thread get bumped haha - this is rad!
#yearlyZilviaVisit
Ya man! I still come here often lol. Let's FD soon

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Old 02-04-2021, 04:11 PM   #1174
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Figured it's been over a year and maybe I should post an update on all these cars. It's gotten completely out of hand.

First I bought a C7 Z06. Always wanted one and I feel like it's going to forever be the best Corvette ever made since they are all automatic and mid engine now. It's an absolute blast to drive.

Next I also picked up a wild project. GD Subaru WRX with a Built M52 Turbo. Rear wheel drive street car. After TONS of changes it's now finally where I wanted it. Made 510whp with 500tq at 3k rpm. It's a blast to drive.

The FD is finally finished and painted. Every time I look at this car I can't believe it's mine. It's so exotic and fabulous. The injectors took a shit last track day but besides that it's been so fast and reliable.

The VQ swap S13 has been sitting. I put a cage in it before All Star Bash and that came out great. I might be selling this car, can't decide.

And of course the LS7 S13 is still alive and kicking. Swapped from wisefab back to part shop max. Full limit break kit and sway bars. It's so much faster. It puts the power to the ground so much better than the wisefab did. I think it's a combination of the sway bars and the GKTech antisquat pick up adjustment that I did that really changed the car.

A few friends and I also purchased a car at Ebisu and went to Japan earlier in 2020. Can't wait to go back

Also had a C5 for a minute but I sold it. Way too many projects.

Looking forward to driving a lot more. Hopefully everyone is doing well. Post up if you want to see more about any of these builds.
Old 02-09-2021, 05:59 PM   #1175
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
You have the PBM rear knuckle? I'm surprised the geometry is compatible with the GKTech antisquat kit. I would think that they wouldn't function well together.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 07:00 PM   #1176
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
You have the PBM rear knuckle? I'm surprised the geometry is compatible with the GKTech antisquat kit. I would think that they wouldn't function well together.
It does. The arms have plenty of adjustability and range that they can accommodate the drop in pick up point.
Old 02-17-2021, 07:23 AM   #1177
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Good to see this car still alive. More action shots are always welcome!

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 12:39 PM   #1178
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
Good to see this car still alive. More action shots are always welcome!
Once I get to drive it again for sure. Clutch slave went out and it needs a new front bumper and fenders because I drove with someone I shouldn't have.
Old 03-22-2022, 10:06 PM   #1179
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Figured in honor of Zilvia being back up I can post an update on the car situation.

First and foremost I'm still way into cars. No kids or nagging wives to kill my builds lol. I've still got the same S13, though with a bunch of new updates.

Dropped the wisefab and went part shop max limit break angle all around and with the gktech roll center correction on the rear subframe and the sway bars the car has picked up a lot of traction. I'm planning on competing a bit more this year!

Still have the FD with the 1JZ. It's been fantastic and I haven't had to change much.

I also picked up a RX8. This has turned into an epically stupid project. Currently finishing up putting a Honda K24 with a Garrett G660 turbo in it. It's supposed to be a "inexpensive" party car. It's quickly turned into anything but cheap. I wouldn't recommend the K24 swap to anyone hoping to save money. It's getting close and I'm real excited about it.

Also picked up a Corolla as a street car. It's be a nightmare as well but it's finally where I want it to be besides exterior. 20v swapped and just fantastic.

Still have the C7 Z06. Haven't driven it so much as the tire cost is killing me but it's still really fucking fun.

Got a bunch of offroad toys. KTM E-XC and the Alta are so much fun. Electric is the future, gas is dead. Also got the Polaris 900xc.

Still have the Subaru with the M52 turbo as well. I upgraded the turbo from a G660 to a G770 hoping for a bit more power and smoother power band. Unfortunately we had a cooling system failure and that caused a head gasket failure on the dyno so it's on the back burner until I finish the RX8. Not giving up on it, it's pretty silly.

Overall I have way too much going on. Glad zilvia is back, hopefully to stay. Let me know if these images don't work. I stopped paying for image hosting forever ago so lets hope google photos works.

Last edited by DJPimpFlex; 03-26-2022 at 03:42 PM..
DJPimpFlex is offline   Reply With Quote