Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-10-2010, 10:38 PM   #3061
240Z28
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
240Z28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cole shoes View Post
Okay so I have an Sr with an odyssey battery and for the past month I've been traveling and haven't had time to drive my car so the battery died and I went out and bought a battery tender and it wouldn't even detect the battery so I took it out and jumped it with my truck(jump started, haha that sounded funny so I'll leave it like that) and now the tender will detect it and charge it but when I put it back in my car nothing happens.

Bad connection? Bad battery? I don't want to waste money on a battery if I don't need one what do you guys think?

Thankssss
if it were me i'd just get a new battery.. something with a warranty
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2010, 11:16 PM   #3062
cole shoes
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
cole shoes is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240Z28 View Post
if it were me i'd just get a new battery.. something with a warranty
thanks dude. i have it charging for the night and im gonna try it in the morning and if that doesnt work im going to buy one.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:02 AM   #3063
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The Battery Tender should give you some readout of the battery's condition.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:19 AM   #3064
sidedrifts13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (29)
sidedrifts13 is on the path to ruinsidedrifts13 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sidedrifts13 Send a message via Yahoo to sidedrifts13
is there a difference between t25 and t28 inlet?
sidedrifts13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:15 AM   #3065
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidedrifts13 View Post
is there a difference between t25 and t28 inlet?
the ones that came factory on SR20s? one that I can think of, it is slightly angled differently.
VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:02 AM   #3066
ChiSleepyEyes
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
ChiSleepyEyes is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ChiSleepyEyes
Quote:
Okay so I have an Sr with an odyssey battery and for the past month I've been traveling and haven't had time to drive my car so the battery died and I went out and bought a battery tender and it wouldn't even detect the battery so I took it out and jumped it with my truck(jump started, haha that sounded funny so I'll leave it like that) and now the tender will detect it and charge it but when I put it back in my car nothing happens.

Bad connection? Bad battery? I don't want to waste money on a battery if I don't need one what do you guys think?

Thankssss
an odyssey battery's internal resistance is too high, you need to be putting 4 amps or higher into the odyssey in order for it to even do anything. The junior tender is only 750 mAh and the senior is only 1.25 amps. Both will not do anything
ChiSleepyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:05 AM   #3067
ChiSleepyEyes
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSleepyEyes View Post
cant get a straight answer just from searching. I'm looking to buy a new spring/shock combo for my DD, but problem is i do not know which to buy. So i'm looking for opinions on which i should buy. What i'm looking for is drop and ride quality
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiboy002 View Post
why not just get coils? they can go high enough for 4x4

Because the roads out here are pretty bad and i dont know if i want the stiffness of coils, thats why i liked the idea of spending a lil less and gaining a little ride quality
Old 10-11-2010, 09:14 AM   #3068
240sx123$
BANNED

240sx123$ is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Because the roads out here are pretty bad and i dont know if i want the stiffness of coils, thats why i liked the idea of spending a lil less and gaining a little ride quality
I have KYB AGX's with Eibach Pro-kit springs. The advertised drop is 1.7" front, 1.4" rear, but I doubt its even that aggressive. My main concern was also ride quality. Id like to have a nice low, tight handling car, but seeing as its a daily, ride quality is also very important. Im fairly content with my setup- the 8 way adjustable damping provides a noticeable difference between settings. My only complaint is that my front end sits slightly higher than the rear- Im debating cutting one ring off the front springs to remedy this without negatively affecting the ride too much. You can pick up a used AGX setup with springs for around $300.
240sx123$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 11:16 AM   #3069
cole shoes
Leaky Injector

cole shoes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
The Battery Tender should give you some readout of the battery's condition.
it was giving me an 80% or more reading and i put it back in and the battery would still act like it was dead. so left it on and the 80% reading went away and now its just in the charging state so ill wait a while before putting it back in now.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:57 AM   #3070
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
cant get a straight answer just from searching. I'm looking to buy a new spring/shock combo for my DD, but problem is i do not know which to buy. So i'm looking for opinions on which i should buy. What i'm looking for is drop and ride quality
just get coilovers stance to be specific

the ride quality is not bad at all plus you can find them cheap

xdabsx on this forum is selling stance s13 coils right now for a good deal and he's local to chicago
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:00 PM   #3071
ChiSleepyEyes
Zilvia Member

Quote:
it was giving me an 80% or more reading and i put it back in and the battery would still act like it was dead. so left it on and the 80% reading went away and now its just in the charging state so ill wait a while before putting it back in now.
the battery tender will not properly charge an odyssey battery, its primary use is a maintenance device. to maintain voltage and amperage over a period of time in which a battery is not in use, it is not meant to be used as a main charging source. Bottom line, go to your local walmart and buy a schumacher speedcharge charger. They normally have 3 settings, the cheapest one i believe is 30 bucks, and has a 6,4 and 2 amp setting.

I've been in the battery business for 3.5 years, i'd think i would know
Old 10-11-2010, 12:03 PM   #3072
dudermagee
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
dudermagee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Anyone retrofit Evolution HID's into a 97-98 kouki yet?

Can I put 240sx sliders on a Recaro seat out of the evolution and bolt in?

thanks
-duder
dudermagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:17 PM   #3073
Shitty_S14
Zilvia Member

Shitty_S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
where can i find that little black trim for 240sx coupe?(around the lower exterior, where the two tone color switches) its like tape but i rather get the real thing...

do dealers carry this and around what price would it be?
Old 10-11-2010, 01:28 PM   #3074
240sx123$
BANNED

Has anyone used Cusco motor mounts for KA/SR? My buddy has a brand new set that hes willing to let go pretty cheap, im debating if I should get them, nismos, or go with stock. The car is a daily driver, so excessive rattling wont be tolerated. They need to be somewhat civil if Im going to use them. Going to be doing an SR swap w/ s15 turbo, looking for around 280whp.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:57 PM   #3075
aa87
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
aa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aa87
My clutch has been doing this for a while, but I don't remember it doing it a long time ago.

It chatters when the clutch is disengaged. almost sounds like rod knock, not crazy loud. It goes away when the clutch is engaged. It's an exedy stage 2, i've had it for a few years now, its been fucking fantastic, still bites and everything. When I swapped in the car last year is when it started, and it started with the sound i guess. I changed the TOB and the pilot bushing, clutch and pressure plate visually looked good. Any ideas?
Old 10-11-2010, 06:05 PM   #3076
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa87 View Post
My clutch has been doing this for a while, but I don't remember it doing it a long time ago.

It chatters when the clutch is disengaged. almost sounds like rod knock, not crazy loud. It goes away when the clutch is engaged. It's an exedy stage 2, i've had it for a few years now, its been fucking fantastic, still bites and everything. When I swapped in the car last year is when it started, and it started with the sound i guess. I changed the TOB and the pilot bushing, clutch and pressure plate visually looked good. Any ideas?
one of my buddies came to me with this same problem....and then he lost 1st, 2nd, and 4th.....the next day. i hope you have better luck.
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:21 PM   #3077
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudermagee View Post
Anyone retrofit Evolution HID's into a 97-98 kouki yet?
They are similar to e55's. Un-shrouded projectors are not ideal in the Kouki Housing. Not much room for a shroud. Find something else that is shrouded and sell them to a lancer owner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sx123$ View Post
Has anyone used Cusco motor mounts for KA/SR? My buddy has a brand new set that hes willing to let go pretty cheap, im debating if I should get them, nismos, or go with stock. The car is a daily driver, so excessive rattling wont be tolerated. They need to be somewhat civil if Im going to use them. Going to be doing an SR swap w/ s15 turbo, looking for around 280whp.
They are the same build as the Kazama's. I would not recommend them based on your requirements. Nismo's should fit the bill. Make sure you get the 3 set with the Transmission. You'll feel the vibration in your ass if you keep the worn out stocker.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:52 PM   #3078
blake110491
BANNED

Trader Rating: (1)
blake110491 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'm getting a s14 kouki front and i'm wondering if you have to have the kouki reinforcement bar along with it?I'll have the hood,bumper,headlights,bumper retainer,corner and turn lights.Still need fenders and headlight brackets if anyone is selling them???
blake110491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 01:47 AM   #3079
sidedrifts13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (29)
sidedrifts13 is on the path to ruinsidedrifts13 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sidedrifts13 Send a message via Yahoo to sidedrifts13
yes on sr t25 and sr t28 so size is the same?
Quote:
Originally Posted by VNG704 View Post
the ones that came factory on SR20s? one that I can think of, it is slightly angled differently.
sidedrifts13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:25 AM   #3080
str84dapokie
Leaky Injector

str84dapokie is an unknown quantity at this point
where can i get new axles from.. seems like its impossible to find unless i want to spend 400 for custom performance ones

96 240sx
str84dapokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:30 AM   #3081
240sx123$
BANNED

Napa has axles. Theyre remans but have a lifetime warranty with receipt.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:42 AM   #3082
c72c
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (25)
c72c is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake110491 View Post
I'm getting a s14 kouki front and i'm wondering if you have to have the kouki reinforcement bar along with it?I'll have the hood,bumper,headlights,bumper retainer,corner and turn lights.Still need fenders and headlight brackets if anyone is selling them???
you'll need all the kouki front end brackets and braces for it all to sit right, so i'd say yes.
the support for the reinforcement sit a little higher on the kouki than the zenki.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:10 AM   #3083
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Not sure if this should be posted here because I didn't want to make a thread so here:

What (not so harsh) coilovers do you recommend to go this low, if not more, with SE wheels? I am currently borrowing a set of Megans and I love the height but not the ride quality lol, do Stance's generally go low? Or Fortune Auto's?

here's a picture of my car now and what kind of height that I want:
For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:16 PM   #3084
str84dapokie
Leaky Injector

s14

where can i get new axles from.. seems like its impossible to find unless i want to spend 400 for custom performance ones

96 240sx

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sx123$ View Post
Napa has axles. Theyre remans but have a lifetime warranty with receipt.
So it looks like napa and autozone dont have them... if there is one by you that has them let me know.

Are there any places online that anyone trust to order from that carries axles
Old 10-12-2010, 12:42 PM   #3085
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooopreme View Post
Not sure if this should be posted here because I didn't want to make a thread so here:

What (not so harsh) coilovers do you recommend to go this low, if not more, with SE wheels? I am currently borrowing a set of Megans and I love the height but not the ride quality lol, do Stance's generally go low? Or Fortune Auto's?

stance's go pretty low. i'm maxed out. i like the drop. and the ride is very nice.
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 01:05 PM   #3086
str84dapokie
Leaky Injector

s14

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooopreme View Post

I just got my fortune autos on my s14 and they ride like butter and go lower than i need

just make sure you dont droop the spring and it will always ride nice no matter how low you put it
Old 10-12-2010, 03:42 PM   #3087
Krewlkid
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (26)
Krewlkid is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews

just trying to get some more information about some wheels i got in a trade

they say:

MANARAY

personal wheeels

we create auto culture

distributed by manaray

information i have so far is:

5/4x114.3

true 3 piece

discontinued

information i want is:

Original price

where they are made

and what you would pay for them (as is/refurbished)
Krewlkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:09 AM   #3088
240sx123$
BANNED

Is it common for SR's to have some seepage from the head gasket just above the power steering?

My SR came out of my buddys car and was running very strong at the time- no indication of a head gasket issue. But I've noticed it has what looks like oil running down the block, and it looks like its coming from the front corner of the head gasket just above the power steering. Im debating if this is a big enough issue to warrant putting a new HG on before I swap it in.
Old 10-13-2010, 11:09 AM   #3089
s14zenkika24de

s14zenkika24de is an unknown quantity at this point
I seen some quick release at shows that fold up does any one know the name of them or who makes them?
s14zenkika24de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:10 AM   #3090
joseferrer

joseferrer is an unknown quantity at this point
hey guys I recently bought a s14 with an sr, the pink slip is from ca but the registration is from nv. I brought it back to Cali, now I'm trying to register it. But DMV told me they were going to inspect the car, can some one help me? What's the best way or the way to get around it? Thx guys...
joseferrer is offline   Reply With Quote