Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Western States

South Western States Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada.

Old 01-30-2012, 07:31 PM   #31
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (92)
S-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 92 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodameaon View Post
Not true. If your an idiot they will but if your respectful and calm you will be fine. I dailyed a RB25 hatch for two years in San Diego and never once got pulled over. My buddy in his KA got pulled over all the time because he was always being stupid. Hell even the car i have now has just a NA KA and a ApexI N1 and its loud as hell but I have only been pulled over once and that was just to check if I had a cat.

For the question at hand though:
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/372184...look-here.html Try this too. The pics have died but if you know anything about cars you should be able to figure it out. Also on your EGR valve if you push up on the bottom of the diaphram it will kill the car if its working correctly. The car MUST BE AT IDLE (700rpm).
http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/395413...-pictures.html

Also i don't mean to be a jerk or anything but this should be posted in the small questions and answers thread.
Not true either..I drive my car like a granny, ask anyone that knows me, it doesn't matter if you drive like an idiot or drive like a granny..If a cop is itching to give tickets..you will get one..you can not base your situation as a bases for all aftermarket individuals..its up to the cops and not you..slap anything on other than oem ..you run the risk..point blank enough said..this has been asked so many times...there is no real answer..except for what the piggy says..

Btw I run Greddy ti-c with the silencer and still got pulled over..been reffed once at 90.4db Cali allows up to 95db so you tell me why the fuck did I get a ticket..
S-Nation S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2012, 09:17 PM   #32
180boy
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
180boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
thanks s-nation!!! my friends dad is a chp officer and anything that looks modified they have the right to pull you over for especially if it is loud. BUT!!!,,, if you have legalization paperwork for whatever exhaust system you have that states that the system is 1. under 95 decibels 2. 50 state legal CARB approved device. THEN it legal. Cops are pretty "Whatever" SOMETIMES but they DO have the right to pull you over and check. I got pulled over for my exhaust before and i had just bolt on tips on a oem muffler to make it look like BOSO tips. So DEPENDS on the cop.
180boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:02 PM   #33
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
zerodameaon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-Nation S13 View Post
Not true either..I drive my car like a granny, ask anyone that knows me, it doesn't matter if you drive like an idiot or drive like a granny..If a cop is itching to give tickets..you will get one..you can not base your situation as a bases for all aftermarket individuals..its up to the cops and not you..slap anything on other than oem ..you run the risk..point blank enough said..this has been asked so many times...there is no real answer..except for what the piggy says..

Btw I run Greddy ti-c with the silencer and still got pulled over..been reffed once at 90.4db Cali allows up to 95db so you tell me why the fuck did I get a ticket..
Well your unlucky. General rule though act nice you get ignored act a fool and your screw
And you cant use yours as a basis according to your standards. Who do I know that knows you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKdaMoRoN View Post
Maybe you should petition the retards who are paying 5k for an S13.

Need to adjust your idle?
zerodameaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:13 PM   #34
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

S-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodameaon View Post
Well your unlucky. General rule though act nice you get ignored act a fool and your screw
And you cant use yours as a basis according to your standards. Who do I know that knows you?
how is that a general rule..how you suppose to act nice while driving..i wanst using any standard but unfortunately you are still...only rule that exist is that no matter what if a cop wants to give you a ticket bend over and take it..bc its up to him and not you..exactly word for word to what i said...there is not standard to get away from that.. bc its up to the cop..

get out of here with that drive nice bs doesnt work..and should never be the basis to say how not to get a ticket..wanna know how not to get an exhaust modification ticket..bitch ride a bike...peddal bike to be exact..
Old 01-31-2012, 03:57 PM   #35
Touge Noob S13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
Touge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her selfTouge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
how is that a general rule..how you suppose to act nice while driving..i wanst using any standard but unfortunately you are still...only rule that exist is that no matter what if a cop wants to give you a ticket bend over and take it..bc its up to him and not you..exactly word for word to what i said...there is not standard to get away from that.. bc its up to the cop..

get out of here with that drive nice bs doesnt work..and should never be the basis to say how not to get a ticket..wanna know how not to get an exhaust modification ticket..bitch ride a bike...peddal bike to be exact..
Is the front of your car a different color than the rear?
Touge Noob S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:13 PM   #36
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touge Noob S13 View Post
Is the front of your car a different color than the rear?
ha! yes

YOUR next question(s).....

1. am i asian: yes
2. do i have stickers: yes (but not bombed)
3. is my car lowered: yes (not slammed)

if your trying to say that bc my "car is different colors" so thats why i got my ticket then..you my friend are the same as the last individual..you can not base anything on just drive "NICE!!"..its up the to cop..and the last time i checked having stickers as long as they do not block your view of driving is ok..and broke people like me who cant afford a paint job is ok to..cops give ticket bc they feel you have violated certain vehicle codes..

so please stop the its the color of your car..or the color of my skin...prove me wrong..find the violation codes..if not then im still correct as far as my argument goes..
Old 01-31-2012, 04:28 PM   #37
Touge Noob S13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
Touge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her selfTouge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
ha! yes

YOUR next question(s).....

1. am i asian: yes
2. do i have stickers: yes (but not bombed)
3. is my car lowered: yes (not slammed)

if your trying to say that bc my "car is different colors" so thats why i got my ticket then..you my friend are the same as the last individual..you can not base anything on just drive "NICE!!"..its up the to cop..and the last time i checked having stickers as long as they do not block your view of driving is ok..and broke people like me who cant afford a paint job is ok to..cops give ticket bc they feel you have violated certain vehicle codes..

so please stop the its the color of your car..or the color of my skin...prove me wrong..find the violation codes..if not then im still correct as far as my argument goes..
I was just going to end it at the color thing since the more shitty your car looks the more likely cops are to pull you over. Ive never been pulled over for anything relating to my car even with the aztec red paint job, bright red Bride bucket seat, stickers, and fobby looking dude behind the wheel.
Touge Noob S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:22 PM   #38
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touge Noob S13 View Post
I was just going to end it at the color thing since the more shitty your car looks the more likely cops are to pull you over. Ive never been pulled over for anything relating to my car even with the aztec red paint job, bright red Bride bucket seat, stickers, and fobby looking dude behind the wheel.
Assumptions yet again..it all comes down to cop discretion ..point blank ...no matter what we say or how we act it will not save us ..when the piggy finally decides to flip the switches and slap that ticket on us like a cheap 2 dollar hooker...we just gotta take it like the cheap 2 dollar hooker he thinks we are..
Old 02-02-2012, 06:20 PM   #39
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

I just thought about the most helpful answer there is. Bring the car to Cali, run what ever exhaust you have but keep the OEM one. If you get pulled over a lot switch back, get your tickets taken care of and find something quieter. If you dont get pulled over, WIN for you!
Quote:

Last edited by zerodameaon; 02-02-2012 at 07:50 PM..
Old 02-03-2012, 01:22 AM   #40
S14Odin

Trader Rating: (0)
S14Odin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I was actually referring to the smog laws not the cops
S14Odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:12 AM   #41
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14Odin View Post
Ha! If it ain't oem, or have proper smog eo#'s on non oe parts you my friend in the eyes of Cali are fucked..so that means any vato-zone intake pipes,any form of aftermarket headers,just be prepared to ..
Old 02-04-2012, 03:31 AM   #42
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14Odin View Post
Well for that you are all right. Carb numbers are not needed for exhaust past the cat as there is nothing to affect emissions after it. You could have a straight pipe after the cat if you wanted as long as its under the decibel rating required by law. Best ways to pass exhaust wise are have a stock or CARB legal header, downpipes and cat, then have what ever you want past the cat. Smog techs don't care how loud your car is that's for the cops to cite you for, they only care about emissions.

S-Nation what are your comments about my above? Lets hear how I am wrong.
Quote: