Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-22-2023, 11:44 AM   #901
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
made some clear lens fog light deletes that light up for my car. I made several sets of these clear lenses if anyone is looking (only clear not amber). Same with the third brake light lenses above.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2023, 11:52 AM   #902
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
kanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
^I just noticed that your corners are clear and then are amber when lit. I really like that look. I have my GSX-S750 + DR-Z400S motorcycles setup the same way for the turn signals
Old 08-22-2023, 12:44 PM   #903
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanyedian View Post
^I just noticed that your corners are clear and then are amber when lit. I really like that look. I have my GSX-S750 + DR-Z400S motorcycles setup the same way for the turn signals
Yeah it's definitely the clean way to go! I remember back in the day before LED bulbs we'd use those blue coated bulbs that lit up amber LOL

I thought about doing a retrofit on the corner lights with an LED board but the bulbs are so bright anyways and it looks out of place inside the factory corners IMO

I did convert my taillights to full LED/sequential, forgot to post that here! You can't really even tell they're LED when they're off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRVOJl9gK84
Old 08-22-2023, 12:47 PM   #904
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

kanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr View Post
Yeah it's definitely the clean way to go! I remember back in the day before LED bulbs we'd use those blue coated bulbs that lit up amber LOL
I've been looking for these! For my high beams. Back in the day I used Nokya "hella yellow" bulbs for DRLs in my 8th Gen Civic Si. I'm trying to find the ones that reflect blue when turned off, but turn yellow when powered on and I'm failing :'(

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr View Post
I did convert my taillights to full LED/sequential, forgot to post that here! You can't really even tell they're LED when they're off.
My tails are LED and it's not easy to see when turned off; I'll work on a vid to post it
Old 08-25-2023, 10:26 PM   #905
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Any one making agreement bricks yet?
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 06:07 PM   #906
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
So I didnt see really any photos at all of how the 180sx looks like with a HID retrofit. So heres some of mine finished finally.

It changes the look of the car a bit but I think it still gives it a good mature look to it.

Sunlight

Cloudy

I used ACME Projects, Bulbs & Morimoto Harness Kit. Will upload again once I get night shots. I already aimed the headlights but have not driven it at night with them properly aligned yet.
Old 02-18-2024, 04:05 AM   #907
SlebHauch

SlebHauch is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to SlebHauch Send a message via Yahoo to SlebHauch
Have you considered sharing your HID retrofit photos, especially night shots, to provide a better understanding of the transformation and help others who might be interested in a similar modification?
SlebHauch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 02:06 PM   #908
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlebHauch View Post
Have you considered sharing your HID retrofit photos, especially night shots, to provide a better understanding of the transformation and help others who might be interested in a similar modification?
Yea, Once I drive the car at night I will post night shots of the of the vision I get.

I made a youtube video on how to do it. One thing that the video does not show that I had to do is I had to trim the bottom half of the PVC reducer. So instead of it being like a full circle it is like a U. I have footage of the vision I have with the headlights but they're not aimed correctly during that time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOwglwlls4U&t=408s

When I test fitted the headlights on the video they were fine fitment wise but once I adjusted the headlights I ran into fitment issues so I had to trim the PVC pipe a bit.
Old 02-18-2024, 02:46 PM   #909
hiimelvin

Trader Rating: (3)
hiimelvin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Also installed some HIDs a couple years ago. Never got around to sharing the results. I used the units that super.trick had shared a few posts back. I had to trim a bracket in the headlight housing to let the back of the projector fit in. Otherwise it fit very well after trimming. Output is fine, I'm sure clear lenses would give a sharper cutoff, but I prefer the more OEM look of these lens.

Last edited by hiimelvin; 02-19-2024 at 06:06 PM..
hiimelvin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 04:43 PM   #910
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

^Damn that looks good. I originally wanted to do that but was too scared it would not work. Love how OEM those look.