Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Nissan News

Nissan News Nissan related news about the 240sx, Silvia, Z cars, or anything that may be of interest to Zilvia.net

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 04:22 PM   #181
Rancimo322
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Rancimo322 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
there inforcing a law they placed them self when the could just tax us and let us keep them. personally i would not mind paying the extra tax. I live in ca and pay enough taxes so if i can see that sweet ass car every morning before work i would. no questions asked!.Take money could go to much useful junk. like my streets!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2011, 01:14 AM   #182
Toi
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Toi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
LOL I could imagine the revenue they could generate by placing a grey market tax on imported cars!
Old 12-30-2011, 03:17 AM   #183
s34n
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
s34n is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Haha take em down feds!! That sucks so bad.
Old 12-31-2011, 09:56 PM   #184
Mishkin_707
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Mishkin_707 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
thread is old as hell....lol but still japan has worse smog laws than we do in the us, hell i bet cali is gonna start the "30,000 mile" engine removal, but still those laws are worse than ours so why would that bother our eco system? shit, we still have old ass V8 domestics that put out more emissions than "gray market" imports and they are smog exempt. tax them.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:22 AM   #185
Midnight Shift
Leaky Injector

Midnight Shift is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishkin_707 View Post
thread is old as hell....lol but still japan has worse smog laws than we do in the us, hell i bet cali is gonna start the "30,000 mile" engine removal, but still those laws are worse than ours so why would that bother our eco system? shit, we still have old ass V8 domestics that put out more emissions than "gray market" imports and they are smog exempt. tax them.
Hey, I live in Japan and my S13 Silvia has over 200,000 Kms on it and I don't have to get a new engine every 30,000 miles (50,000 kms.) My car's emissions standards are based on what they were in 1993!!!! I just passed my "shaken" car inspection in August last year with the original cats too!!!

That 30,000 mile engine removal was just a ploy to sell engines abroad as only "having 30,000 miles" on them! I'm sure there are some really high mileage engines in the States and other countries that are sold as "under 40,000 miles..."
Old 06-19-2012, 11:26 AM   #186
808_Drift
Zilvia Member

808_Drift is a glorious beacon of light808_Drift is a glorious beacon of light808_Drift is a glorious beacon of light808_Drift is a glorious beacon of light808_Drift is a glorious beacon of light808_Drift is a glorious beacon of light808_Drift is a glorious beacon of light808_Drift is a glorious beacon of light808_Drift is a glorious beacon of light808_Drift is a glorious beacon of light808_Drift is a glorious beacon of light
wow
so do owners get what they paid back?
Old 06-19-2012, 12:24 PM   #187
kikcaffine
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
kikcaffine is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808_Drift View Post
wow
so do owners get what they paid back?
no shit out of luck
Old 06-19-2012, 08:59 PM   #188
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Shift View Post
Hey, I live in Japan and my S13 Silvia has over 200,000 Kms on it and I don't have to get a new engine every 30,000 miles (50,000 kms.) My car's emissions standards are based on what they were in 1993!!!! I just passed my "shaken" car inspection in August last year with the original cats too!!!

That 30,000 mile engine removal was just a ploy to sell engines abroad as only "having 30,000 miles" on them! I'm sure there are some really high mileage engines in the States and other countries that are sold as "under 40,000 miles..."
Then you throw in the fact that most engines left in Japan are all beat the fuck up or even the drifters dont want them.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
Old 06-20-2012, 12:44 AM   #189
ocshaman

ocshaman is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ocshaman Send a message via Yahoo to ocshaman
I wouldn't go with beat to fuck, I would just not maintained. When it cost $1500-2000 to get your car inspected every two years, most won't consider maintenance as necessary, as the place inspecting does the maintenence and makes the owner pay. I think it has more to do with lack of driving time (water in oil, etc), wanting to keep up with the Suzukis, and not having a simple way, or knowledge to do it yourself, and the government architecture built around those tenants that keeps the cars from being in good condition. My second car here was junked at 220K KM because of the transmission. My father in law is selling his 2005 Mazda Demio Casual because it has 89K KMs on it.
Old 06-23-2012, 02:32 PM   #190
theronin
Post Whore!

theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theronin
Quote:
Originally Posted by imwigger0303 View Post
change the stickers and the vin tags to a 1995 or older nissan 240sx shell with a legit title then they cant track it it will fly under the radar except when u get stopped

thats a felony. do you enjoy assrape?

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
Old 06-26-2012, 12:32 AM   #191
kruked
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (37)
kruked is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by theronin View Post
thats a felony.

It's only a felony if one gets caught.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:18 AM   #192
theronin
Post Whore!

theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theronin
Quote:
Originally Posted by kruked View Post
It's only a felony if one gets caught.
so is rape.

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
Old 06-26-2012, 09:29 AM   #193
kruked
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theronin View Post
so is rape.

.......Yep
Old 06-26-2012, 09:46 AM   #194
brewster240
Zilvia FREAK!

brewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to brewster240
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishkin_707 View Post

Just stopping in to say, you're an idiot.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:11 PM   #195
1320VR4
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
1320VR4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
They'll harass automotive enthusiasts and destroy these illegal cars but god forbid we deport and illegal mexican.

94 240SX, 93 Stealth, 92 VR4, 93 RX7 , 88 Yota
Old 06-27-2012, 12:12 AM   #196
kruked
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320VR4 View Post
They'll harass automotive enthusiasts and destroy these illegal cars but god forbid we deport and illegal mexican.
If they deported the illegals, who else would they get to work out in the fields? Us "white" folks won't do it because we'll burn, lord himself knows that the African Americans won't do it because they had enough of that shit when they had to pick cotton. Any volunteers? Truthfully though, the government needs to pull all the soldiers from across seas, space them out every 1/4 mile along the border, and....
You get what I'm saying.
Yea, it sucks that they don't have sh¡t for work over/down there, but they come to our country and drive us out of work. It's not fare to us.
Anyways, more car talk.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:08 AM   #197
1320VR4
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
1320VR4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
^lol! My point was, there are more important issues to worry about than crushing imported cars. Whats so horrible about a Skyline that it doesn't meet our emissions or crash testing. How many of you guys really run emissions anything on your cars and I can't imagine a skyline being more unsafe than a pinto lol

94 240SX, 93 Stealth, 92 VR4, 93 RX7 , 88 Yota
Old 06-27-2012, 12:16 PM   #198
mr2gons14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
mr2gons14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
emissions test haha ur funny i dont think anyone will even emission test my car just by lookin at it once i get back to the states
Old 06-28-2012, 01:38 AM   #199
ryandh
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
ryandh is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
holy thread revival... this thread is old as fuck...
Old 06-28-2012, 08:24 AM   #200
canasion35
Zilvia Junkie

canasion35 is an unknown quantity at this point
^ who gives a fuck, its still fun to talk about.
and yeah we really do need to deport all the illegal mexicans, in houston we are flooded with them and its almost impossible to get a job here. Just deport them and stop crushing them cars!
Old 06-28-2012, 03:39 PM   #201
wackintheballs

wackintheballs is an unknown quantity at this point
It's hard to get a job anywhere... apparently racism just happens to blame it on the mexicans just like when we blamed AIDS on monkeys. Those fuckers are hard working, no wonder they put people outta jobs.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:24 PM   #202
Danb
Zilvia Member

Danb is an unknown quantity at this point
First off, its not a racism. You dont hear people all over the states yelling wetbacks or buisnesses with signs that say "no mexicanos". its the dynamics of the mexican race being apart of the united states.

they are hard working because thats all they are here to do. Work, reap the benefits and send the mulah back home or live as cheap as possible and save abunch of money. "hard working mexicans" dont really help anything besides jack the system up by not giving back to the economy as the econmoy gives to them. There are plenty that are doing it up, paying taxes and driving new cars and all that junk and thats great, speak english and be a mexican american, make money and do whatever but there is way more acting like a duck sitting on her eggs. I see it everyday and it pisses me off! they come in the my store trying to pay a bill and say "beeeel" oh you mean bill? beeel! whats your phone number? beeel! takes 10 minutes to do a 2 minute task, oh but they are hard working. Only way to get anywhere these days into rack up in college loan debt and be someones bitch for a few years. Go lay in a pool of real life shit for a little bit and educate yourself.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:23 PM   #203
kruked
Nissanaholic!

I've been doing construction for the past 7 years, (mostly high rise condominiums) it requires A LOT of people. 95% of the people are hispanic. 78% of them don't speak English. 87% are illegals. In most schools now, it's mandatory to take Spanish. It's like, what the fu¢k for, I'm an American that lives in the USA. It's ridiculous. In order to get any type of job now, the employer(s) prefer that you are bilingual. When you call a service line that doesn't offer "live support", the first thing that is said on the automated recording is, "press 1 for Spanish". It's like, "bitch, fu¢k off, I'm an American"!! In another 25 years, the USA is going to be, "The United States of Mexico".
Old 06-28-2012, 07:41 PM   #204
Danb
Zilvia Member

Danb is an unknown quantity at this point
Exactly. I was apart of the construction industry myself for a couple of years and everything you said was what i saw. The ones that speak great english are ok, ive conversated with those and called them friends, the ones that can only speak a little to none, which is generally more than those who speak great englis, just have no social skills with americans but instead of offering free english classes or something to help them adapt to our standards, we start adapting to them. America is the only country who changes their country like this for a profit gain. It shouldnt even be called america anymore, More like the universal land of oppurtunity.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:00 PM   #205
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryandh View Post
holy thread revival... this thread is old as fuck...
To compare cars to "Mexicans"...