Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Administration > Forum Suggestions & Technical Support

Forum Suggestions & Technical Support Post any suggestions or questions related to this site.

Old 11-19-2004, 08:15 PM   #1
Shin_Kudo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Shin_Kudo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Posting deals/sales when we have them?

I just started at Kragen auto a few days ago. We often have sales that would be attractive to the 240SX community, from parts, to tools, to fluids. I'm wondering if it would be acceptable for me to post some of those sometimes, not as part of the business (I won't gain from it, after all), but as a service and notification to my fellow 240SX enthusiasts. Would this be OK?
Old 11-19-2004, 08:22 PM   #2
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Well since I don't have a Kragen here, it doesn't seem like a great deal to me. But it may be helpful to others. I see no problem with trying to help out fellow Zilvians, but I'd hate to see these threads turn into "My store is better then your store" fights. Not saying you would start fights, just trying to imagine what could happen on Zilvia. We'll see what some others have to say.
Old 11-19-2004, 10:45 PM   #3
Andrew Bohan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Andrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
will the sales be good at all Checkers, Schucks, and Kragens?
Andrew Bohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 01:29 PM   #4
Shin_Kudo
Zilvia Addict

Shin_Kudo is an unknown quantity at this point
They usually are a Corporate thing, meaning that all CSK stores will have them. Once in a while, though, we'll have local-only stuff. (For example, there were deals that were LA only, from an LA Times ad.
Old 11-20-2004, 01:58 PM   #5
Jeff240sx
I hate you too...

Jeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by i'm driftaholic
will the sales be good at all Checkers, Schucks, and Kragens?
Save for online, I've never heard of or seen these stores.
-Jeff
Old 11-20-2004, 07:17 PM   #6
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff240sx
Save for online, I've never heard of or seen these stores.
-Jeff

me too...I never heard or seen those stores. However Checker's is a fast food place over here in VA. Good burgers IMO.
Old 11-20-2004, 07:24 PM   #7
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Sounds like the best bet would be posting this information in the Regional Section.
Old 11-20-2004, 08:15 PM   #8
Jeff240sx
I hate you too...

Jeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95KoukiS14
Good burgers IMO.
Hands down the best fast food burgers, IMO!
-Jeff
Old 11-20-2004, 08:34 PM   #9
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95KoukiS14
Good burgers IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff240sx
Hands down the best fast food burgers, IMO!
-Jeff
I'm kinda partial to Sonic's personally, but now I may have to swing by Checker's to see what all the fuss is about.
Old 11-23-2004, 04:12 AM   #10
Andrew Bohan
Post Whore!

Andrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfection

green = schuck's
red = kragen
blue = checker

in other words, no love for the east or south and some states in the middle with no people anyway.

and for the record, dick's drive in in seattle is the best fast food burgers. i even prefer them over fancy burgers.
Old 11-24-2004, 12:47 AM   #11
psychedelicbeats
Zilvia Addict

psychedelicbeats is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by i'm driftaholic

and for the record, dick's drive in in seattle is the best fast food burgers. i even prefer them over fancy burgers.
1 word(well 3 words): in-and-out.
psychedelicbeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 12:46 PM   #12
Andrew Bohan
Post Whore!

yep, in-n-out is good. but not better than dick's
Old 11-26-2004, 03:52 PM   #13
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

So, Andrew, you like Dicks in-and-out? Interesting...
Old 11-28-2004, 08:13 AM   #14
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy
I'm kinda partial to Sonic's personally, but now I may have to swing by Checker's to see what all the fuss is about.
This would be assuming that they still have a Checker's in Jacksonville, I know the ones they opened here in Greensboro closed not long after opening, 2 of them are now Cookouts and one became some other shitty burger joint for a short while before they closed, now it sits barren, still unused years later.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 12:19 PM   #15
Jeff240sx
I hate you too...

Checkers = Rallys for you northerners...
-Jeff
Old 11-28-2004, 04:25 PM   #16
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

There are at least 2 Checker's here in J-ville PHLIP. I think any restaurant can survive with as many hungry Marines as we have around here.
Old 11-28-2004, 06:18 PM   #17
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Oh, okay... I guess that makes sense then, and Jeff, we don't have Rallys in my part of NC either.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote