Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-25-2006, 07:20 AM   #61
backroadtouge
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
backroadtouge is a jewel in the roughbackroadtouge is a jewel in the roughbackroadtouge is a jewel in the roughbackroadtouge is a jewel in the roughbackroadtouge is a jewel in the roughbackroadtouge is a jewel in the roughbackroadtouge is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i think mines real funny. sometimes when my passengers have to open the door, the autobelts onnly move to top of the pillar, and they usually close the door and the belt will squeeze them to the seat. its all a funny action watching it

my friends s14 always has soem problem, like thebrake lights will sometimes not work. the radio will have to be reset if it get a little hot. other general fun stuff

お金も腕も、何も無い・
backroadtouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2006, 07:40 AM   #62
YucA
Leaky Injector

YucA is a glorious beacon of lightYucA is a glorious beacon of lightYucA is a glorious beacon of lightYucA is a glorious beacon of lightYucA is a glorious beacon of lightYucA is a glorious beacon of lightYucA is a glorious beacon of lightYucA is a glorious beacon of lightYucA is a glorious beacon of lightYucA is a glorious beacon of lightYucA is a glorious beacon of light
if i switch the hvac to #4, my compressor shuts off, but the fans still blow.

Also, if i leave the ignition on without starting the car for a little while, when i pull the key out the EGI relay under the hood stays buzzing, and it will kill the batt. unless i start the car and shut it off again. 0_o
YucA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 07:52 AM   #63
Nuisance Crew
Leaky Injector

Nuisance Crew is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by undesiredshoe
if i touch my wiper switch, my wipers turn on for a couple minutes then stop. People look at me for having my wipers on when all i did was use some wiper fluid.
I used to have the same problem, wipers wouldn't turn off unless I turned off the engine for a sec. After years of dealing with it, I replaced the wiper amp and they work perfecly again, in my SOHC it's the green box mounted to the drivers side inner fender close to the firewall
Nuisance Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 09:24 AM   #64
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by YucA
if i switch the hvac to #4, my compressor shuts off, but the fans still blow.
May want to look at what ledzeppelin240 posted:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzeppelin240
Your blower motor resisters are shot. All you need to do is replace the little resister chip that is just behind the glove box. Speed 4 is run off the battery and does not pass through the resister thats why it works.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:39 PM   #65
DaPCWiz
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
DaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DaPCWiz Send a message via MSN to DaPCWiz Send a message via Yahoo to DaPCWiz
Another wierd issue I had when I bought the car... the temp gauge looked like a boost gauge. It would go up with the revs until it hit the actual temp, stay there until I shifted, and then drop to C and start over again. I used to tell people I wired that to be my boost gauge until I fixed it by replacing the coolant temp sensor (stock na ka... lol)

http://blog.dapcwiz.com
DaPCWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 03:24 PM   #66
woodchuck
Zilvia Junkie

woodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud of
my s14 isn't too bad. my wipers don't work and my door open indicator goes off and on while all the doors are closed shut.

my 200sx is on its death bed. odometer stoped working, max rpm on my tach is 3k. it will climb then just hold at 3k or drop back down. before my stereo got stolen i had to bust a fonz (punds on the juke box) to get it going.
ayeeeh!
woodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 08:27 PM   #67
YucA
Leaky Injector

YucA is a glorious beacon of lightYucA is a glorious beacon of lightYucA is a glorious beacon of lightYucA is a glorious beacon of lightYucA is a glorious beacon of lightYucA is a glorious beacon of lightYucA is a glorious beacon of lightYucA is a glorious beacon of lightYucA is a glorious beacon of lightYucA is a glorious beacon of lightYucA is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr
May want to look at what ledzeppelin240 posted:
yea, i was looking at what he said. But if #4 doesnt pass through the resistor, then how would i fix my problem?
YucA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 08:33 PM   #68
DaPCWiz
Zilvia Addict

DaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DaPCWiz Send a message via MSN to DaPCWiz Send a message via Yahoo to DaPCWiz
Quote:
Originally Posted by YucA
yea, i was looking at what he said. But if #4 doesnt pass through the resistor, then how would i fix my problem?
mmmm there are 4 pathways, 1,2,3 go thru a resistor to reduce the current, which results in the fan running at slower speeds. 4 doesn't run thru the resister, and therefore the fan runs at full speed. When the resistor blows out (notice I said when, not if) 1,2,3 will stop working since they don't have an electrical pathway anymore. There is a little card with 4 pathways on it under the pass side dash called the blower motor resistor, it contains all four pathways. It must be replaced to make 1,2,3 work again.

'bout $20 new, cheaper used. quick fix. had the problem in both my 240 and G20.

Old 09-30-2006, 09:38 PM   #69
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I found out what my problem was.

It was a shorted out battery ground cable.

And now I have a new problem. Now everytime I open the door the clock goes away and I get no interior light. Everytime I go to replace that 10a fuse it will blow right away. There's a short somewhere in that circuit.
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 02:29 AM   #70
Shocker_YO!

Shocker_YO! is an unknown quantity at this point
were to start...
when any doors are open the clock disappears, then reappears when they shut at 1:00. when the car shuts off clock is done, start it up back at 1:00... Sometimes random unreal times 1:96.
Push in the dome light, open door light on the cluster turns on.
Auto belts wont move unless key is in the ON position.
Electric door locks randomly unlock themselves after a period of time.
Sometimes the guage cluster lights wont turn on.

GOOD TIMES!
Shocker_YO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 04:47 AM   #71
honduh
Leaky Injector

honduh is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to honduh
defrost and hazard button lights burnt out
slider LED for hot/cold on climate control burnt out
sometimes one cluster light is half lit, then turns on all the way after awhile

also, u s14 guys should try this, its the "nissan wink" basically turn your headlight switch on verrrry slowly, and only one light turns on, works also if they are on and u start to turn them off very slowly, one will go out. i only did this once to see if my car was like my buddies (he showed me the "wink") and then I got HIDs, so I didnt want to mess them up. also works in my friends j30...
honduh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 05:01 AM   #72
DoriftoPnoy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
DoriftoPnoy is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
haha my shits a mess. all the wiring leading back to the ecu has some plugged in and some just laying around and just grounding themself. here's a couple things i noticed:
1. no horn
2. one speed windshield wiper that you have to bust a quick reaction time to have it turn off when its completely down
3. one of my dash lights would always be on but i took out the bulb so it duznt bug me. i forgot what light it was lol.
4. a lot of things could be wrong since the harness is a mess

so if anyone has a wiring harness prewired for an s14 sr20det in a s14 chassis let me knooow. i'll post this again in wtb
Old 10-01-2006, 05:17 PM   #73
Bigballin
Zilvia Member

Bigballin is an unknown quantity at this point
S14: speedometer would go out and my tachometer would start working or my tachometer would go out and the speedometer would work. rarely both would work ok at the same time.

also my tach. likes to bounce all over the place then just quit and not work
Bigballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 05:26 PM   #74
PhoebusApollo
Leaky Injector

PhoebusApollo is a well-known jackass
Send a message via AIM to PhoebusApollo
I bet I've had more nightmares than anyone on here.

The positive connection to my alternator rotted out about 2 years ago and since then I've had one problem after another. It took me 2 weeks to realize that the wire was bad because the rotted part was in a plastic sheath. When I felt the sheath I hit a soft spot and when I opened it up powdered rusty wire came out. Ugh...

I replaced it with a wire sealed with heatwrap at both ends. Now, though, my car eats positive battery terminals. I go through 1 a year. I bought a new terminal this year that has an LED readout and it shows that the voltage is like 13.25v when the car is on, which I think is normal. But no matter what I do it gets this nasty powder all over the place and the insides of the terminals rot out.

Also my heater completely stopped working shortly after this all happened. I replaced the fuse (the one under the passengers side dash that looks like a card that screws in). Now the knob on the dash works (when I set it to on the engine idles harder so there's some kind of signal going on there) but the fan never comes on.

Lets see... that's about it.
PhoebusApollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 05:50 PM   #75
DaPCWiz
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by honduh
also, u s14 guys should try this, its the "nissan wink" basically turn your headlight switch on verrrry slowly, and only one light turns on, works also if they are on and u start to turn them off very slowly, one will go out. i only did this once to see if my car was like my buddies (he showed me the "wink") and then I got HIDs, so I didnt want to mess them up. also works in my friends j30...
Infiniti G20s do the same thing...

I think all 90's nissans have the same type of highbeam switch & all do that...

Old 10-01-2006, 06:29 PM   #76
alpalwal1

alpalwal1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by WERDdabuilder
when i press my brake, all dash lights dim.

all my brake lights work..but when i press it..one of em turns off.
I've got something like that goind on..........

when i press the brakes my dash lights and parking lights light up

when I put the headlights on my brake lights are always on.

WTF
alpalwal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 06:50 PM   #77
Azzazzyn
Leaky Injector

Azzazzyn is an unknown quantity at this point
my driverside window is testy, it rolls up and down when it wants to, you can hear the relay click and you can roll it up and down, and it will click again and stop. my favorite gremlin is that you can't start my car unless you click on the corner lights. I had a chick steal my keys once and try to take my car, i laughed and said fine, you win take it. 15 minutes later, she gave up, came back in and threw my keys at me and told me i suck.
Old 10-03-2006, 07:06 PM   #78
ledzeppelin240
Zilvia Addict

ledzeppelin240 is a well-known jackass
Quote:
when i press my brake, all dash lights dim.

all my brake lights work..but when i press it..one of em turns off.

I've got something like that goind on..........

when i press the brakes my dash lights and parking lights light up

when I put the headlights on my brake lights are always on.

WTF
I would check any grounds related to those circuits, the power could be backfeeding due to high resistance grounds. I have seen where bulb filiments have shorted to the other filiment and when the brakes were applied it lights up the dash lights because they are electrically connected. Shorts and high resistance grounds cause quite a lot of problems...
Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.

Looking for: JDM S13 OEM Sideskirts
ledzeppelin240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 11:57 PM   #79
smily_vigor
Leaky Injector

smily_vigor is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to smily_vigor
(S13) One day my wipers stopped working, but the way it happened I was sure it was the motor that went bad. They slowly came to a jerking stop and nerver worked again. I checked the fuse and it was perfectly fine. Being lazy I decided not to fix it (used rain x in the meanwhile). Then one day I was driving in the rain and they suddenly came on but the switch was in the off position. While that was occuring I noticed that the Cuise light on my cluster was on (the switch for that was also off). Then every bump I would hit the cruise light and the ABS (antilock) light would alternate. While one was on the other was off and vice versa. When the cruise light was on the wipers would be going but then hitting a bump the ABS light would come on and the wipers would be dead again. This went on for about three days then everything stopped (wipers stopped working again and cruise light went off) but the ABS light stayed on constant now. I drove with it like that for about a month then yesterday I decided to check all my fuses in the car again. Now the wiper fuse was blown so I replaced that and the ABS actuator relay fuse was blown too so I replaced that. (remember these fuses were all good when the problems were going on) Started the car and the ABS light was no longer on and now my wipers work perfectly with the switch. Now that is some weired shit. Now my only problem is that the car is always fogging up. The vent (or recirculation) button on the climate control works perfectly lighting up when pressed on and going on when pressed again but I don't think it's actually opening the little door or whatever it does. This obiously just started as soon as the other problems were fixed. Just my luck
smily_vigor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:39 AM   #80
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Heh, I had a similar situation with my wipers acting up. One time it was because I had my e-fan ghetto wired and unfused. The other time was because the clamps for my battery terminals where loose and corroded.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:52 AM   #81
FinalDrive
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
FinalDrive has much to be proud ofFinalDrive has much to be proud ofFinalDrive has much to be proud ofFinalDrive has much to be proud ofFinalDrive has much to be proud ofFinalDrive has much to be proud ofFinalDrive has much to be proud ofFinalDrive has much to be proud ofFinalDrive has much to be proud ofFinalDrive has much to be proud ofFinalDrive has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
My s13's dash & cluster lights don't work. The fuse is fine and I work too much to mess with it.
My s14 works perfect, never had an electrical issue with it
FinalDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 10:53 AM   #82
Sir
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
Sir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
my gas gauge doesn't work untill i got less than a 1/4 left

my wipers are weird. sometimes work fine, sometimes the delay doesn't work at all. if i touch the green box - they'll go on for a single swipe - every time!! I already replaced it with another one that I had from a car that it was working fine. his is still working fine (with my box) and mine is still fubared

thinking about painless wiring
Sir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 12:17 PM   #83
DaPCWiz
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir
my gas gauge doesn't work untill i got less than a 1/4 left
That's not a wiring issue... the sender in your gas tank by the fuel pump is shot... pretty common problem on '95s..... my old '95 had that problem.

Old 10-04-2006, 12:21 PM   #84
upSLIDEdown
Nissanaholic!

Location: VA.. And for those that keep PMing me asking what kit I have, it's Origin Stream.
upSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfection
Something is shorting out in my fuse panel behind the kickpanel. Sometimes my dash lights don't come on (which also includes my tail lights) when I turn on the headlights. If I kick on the kick panel or push on the fuse panel behind it, they will flicker and come on.

Also, highbeams are ghey. Used to be the passenger one would work sometimes, sometimes not. Now neither high beam works most of the time, but sometimes the drivers will... GHEY!
Old 10-04-2006, 06:40 PM   #85
Jefferson
Zilvia Junkie

Jefferson is making a name for him/her selfJefferson is making a name for him/her self
My problems in my '95 are not too bad but are annoying as hell
-drivers side window only goes up when it wants
-temp gauge acts crazy unless I am in 5th gear around 3-3.5k
-airbag light came on all of a sudden and hasn't shut off since
-usual gas gauge not reading correctly
Thats about it I think (I hope)
if anyone can help me out with any of these problems let me know
Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 06:53 PM   #86
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
Power door locks kinda work. Driver side doesnt open or close passenger side. However passenger side opens driver side, but doesnt lock it.
Also the electronics in my hatch dont work ;_;
articdragon192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 06:58 PM   #87
Azzazzyn
Leaky Injector

Azzazzyn is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefferson
I have the same driver side issue, still don't know what makes it so tempermental, and i had the same airbag deal, took it to the dealer but they couldn't fit me in for a check, so i checked the fuses, and low and behold, the fuse was blown, saved my ass alot of money.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:31 PM   #88
DaPCWiz
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefferson
-window: i'm not sure... could be the power window amp?

-temp gauge: take the connector off the intake temp sensor near the intake manifold (by the upper radiator hose to the block), clean off the contact point and put it back

-airbag light: there is a reset procedure... I think 240sx.org has it? something about pushing the door sensor 7 times with the key on acc also point to note: on my '95 the airbag light was blinking from the day I bought it... got into an accident a few months ago, and they deployed as they should anyway...

-gas gauge: the sender in ur tank is misaligned or broken... need to dive into there from the plate on the hump between the back seats and trunk

Old 11-11-2006, 01:47 AM   #89
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
got more stuff.

pass auto belt works when it wants to.

when i press the brake..it blows the fuse.

sometimes car doesnt want to start. ill let it roll and pop the clutch once(but engine doesnt start) then turn the key and maybe ill get lucky and the car will start. sometimes ill just wait it out and the car will start whenever.

any help?
Old 11-11-2006, 02:30 PM   #90
[email protected]
Leaky Injector

crzykhmer@hotmail.com is a well-known jackass
the only gremlin i have is the lights for my gauge cluster not turning on and if that isnt on it doesnt show my MPH damn electrical speedo gauge.
crzykhmer@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote