Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-14-2006, 09:33 PM   #31
MOUNTAINGARAGE
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
MOUNTAINGARAGE is making a name for him/her selfMOUNTAINGARAGE is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My brake light acts like a shift light. comes on about 5500rpms. The tool that owned the car before me probably put a crap alternator in it, or the volt reg is going bad :hammer:
MOUNTAINGARAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2006, 03:05 AM   #32
Flipzide
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
Flipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
my headlights go up, but they dont go down. they also get stuck downsometimes and turn on without popping up.

D-Street.net | bcuison.wordpress.com
Flipzide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 06:27 AM   #33
P4rD0nM3
Zilvia FREAK!

P4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of light
No problems reported. Thank god.
P4rD0nM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 08:13 AM   #34
cosil8e
Leaky Injector

cosil8e is an unknown quantity at this point
my e-brake light and battery lights stay on since my last track day. so if you want to steal my car while the turbo timer is counting down you can for that couple of minutes or so then of course it shuts down. i probably should fix that.
Old 07-15-2006, 08:34 AM   #35
Max_PSi
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
Max_PSi will become famous soon enoughMax_PSi will become famous soon enoughMax_PSi will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
My HVAC only blows air on setting 4. 1,2, and 3 don't work. I recently replaced the little lights that light up the HVAC controls, prolly did something then, but don't really feel like opening it all up again.
Max_PSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 05:25 PM   #36
ledzeppelin240
Zilvia Addict

ledzeppelin240 is a well-known jackass
Quote:
My HVAC only blows air on setting 4. 1,2, and 3 don't work. I recently replaced the little lights that light up the HVAC controls, prolly did something then, but don't really feel like opening it all up again.
Your blower motor resisters are shot. All you need to do is replace the little resister chip that is just behind the glove box. Speed 4 is run off the battery and does not pass through the resister thats why it works.
Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.

Looking for: JDM S13 OEM Sideskirts
ledzeppelin240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 05:48 PM   #37
mRclARK1
Post Whore!

mRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfection
My ebrake light stays on all the time...It's annoying, but I haven't bothered to figure out whats wrong and fix it.
mRclARK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 05:55 PM   #38
NismoSilvia270R
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
NismoSilvia270R is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NismoSilvia270R
Quote:
Originally Posted by downshift180
my car doesnt start. =[

AT ALL.
well mine started, 6months ago. then i come back try to start it and sparks fly from near(cant verify FROM) the injectors.

NOW the car wont start, Fpump wont turn on with key...blabla. long story short cars gotta go/*shameless plug*
NismoSilvia270R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 07:29 PM   #39
s14slide
Zilvia Addict

s14slide is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to s14slide
Well lets see. My whole dash will randomly flick off for a split second every once in a while. The right headlight do some weird stuff. The right one is disconnected cuz it's possessed and I haven't diagnosed it yet. But the headlights come on for no particular reason every once in a while. At first it was only when it rained. Not when it was drying out and I hit puddle after puddle, but only when it rained. Not even the car wash did it. It would do it even if it just sprinkled enough to make the car look wet then stopped. Thats all I can think of for now.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:45 PM   #40
AllenRPS13
Zilvia FREAK!

AllenRPS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
all of the interior lights on the dash... i mean those on the hazard button, rear wiper, etc...
AllenRPS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 03:53 AM   #41
Max_PSi
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
Max_PSi will become famous soon enoughMax_PSi will become famous soon enoughMax_PSi will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzeppelin240
Your blower motor resisters are shot. All you need to do is replace the little resister chip that is just behind the glove box. Speed 4 is run off the battery and does not pass through the resister thats why it works.

Good looking out. I'll look into it.
Max_PSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 11:39 AM   #42
rancid240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (72)
rancid240 will become famous soon enoughrancid240 will become famous soon enoughrancid240 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 72 reviews
If your ebrake light is on, your brake fluid might be low...
rancid240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 12:06 PM   #43
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
For most of the people with headlights not popping up and/or retracting, the problem is most likely your headlights switch is worn out. The same thing happened to me, a couple of years ago, the headlights started to hesitate before the would go down, and occasionally hesitate when going up. Finally, they stopped going down at all (though they would pop up fine). The problem was worn out contacts within the stalk of the headlight switch. You can diagnose it easily by looking which pins have continuity for each position in the FSM and checking with a multimeter, only takes about 10 minutes to test. I bought a replacement combination switch from Performance Nissan for ~$75, $50-60 cheaper than my local dealer.
Old 07-17-2006, 12:13 PM   #44
skylinekin
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
skylinekin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
^^^thanks man, thats what I had it narrowed down too, ill see if it a new one works. New problems, every once in a while my wipers will randomly go on when start the car, or put the key in the on position.
skylinekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 01:48 PM   #45
Kn1ves
Zilvia FREAK!

Kn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Kn1ves
my fuel pump works 50% of the time
Old 07-17-2006, 02:20 PM   #46
skylinekin
Zilvia Member

wow, so I replace my headlight stalk with a new "used" one. The plus side is now the headlights go up and down, but the highbeams dont work! Anyone know a fix for this, with my old stalk the high beams worked, is there a way I can take something from the old stalk and put it in the new one?
Old 07-17-2006, 06:24 PM   #47
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I touched the + terminal on the starter to the block via a wrench, then sparks flew, and now my car only gets 3.5v between the battery cables.

Checked all the fuses and fusible links, they are all fine.

The battery terminals show that the battery is still putting out 12.75v, and I even took it to Autozone and got the battery tested, and it came out fine.

So basically, I got another main harness with fuse boxes and relays and all that to put into the car. Hopefully that will fix the problems.

Prior to that though, I was messing with the HL retracting relay and crossed the wire, and I messed up the HL timer unit, so the HLs will only come up when I either use the button on the dash, or do a quick "high beam flash" for the lights to pop up.
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 07:27 AM   #48
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylinekin
wow, so I replace my headlight stalk with a new "used" one. The plus side is now the headlights go up and down, but the highbeams dont work! Anyone know a fix for this, with my old stalk the high beams worked, is there a way I can take something from the old stalk and put it in the new one?
You might be able to clean the contacts for the hi/lo beams by disassembling the combination switch, iirc. I had tried doing that for my headlight problem, but the contacts for the popup/retract switch are located within the stalk itself, and unreachable. I'm pretty sure you can access the hi/lo contacts.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:36 AM   #49
skylinekin
Zilvia Member

k, ill give it a try
Old 07-18-2006, 09:45 AM   #50
rancid240
Post Whore!

rancid240 will become famous soon enoughrancid240 will become famous soon enoughrancid240 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSideways
I touched the + terminal on the starter to the block via a wrench, then sparks flew, and now my car only gets 3.5v between the battery cables.

Checked all the fuses and fusible links, they are all fine.

The battery terminals show that the battery is still putting out 12.75v, and I even took it to Autozone and got the battery tested, and it came out fine.

So basically, I got another main harness with fuse boxes and relays and all that to put into the car. Hopefully that will fix the problems.

Prior to that though, I was messing with the HL retracting relay and crossed the wire, and I messed up the HL timer unit, so the HLs will only come up when I either use the button on the dash, or do a quick "high beam flash" for the lights to pop up.
I have the same kind of thing going on right now, i have a intermittent drain on the battery, its putting out 7 volts disconnected but only 1 volt when its connected. Let me know if you fix that, Ill do the same.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:21 AM   #51
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
My radio and cluster clock stay on even when the key is off. I have to pull the fuse that controls them any time I park my car for more than 1 day. >_<

My clock only turns on when the headlights are off... Prolly something related to the wiring issue previously stated.

Also... my HUD cluster likes to pick and choose when it will light up at night. Its not really a weird electrical gremlin, just a broken solder koint that occasionally joins or something like that, but I figured it was worth mentioning anyway.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:26 AM   #52
redsuns3838
Zilvia Addict

redsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to redsuns3838
my alarm goes off at random when i lock the car. guess it was just a bad alarm install..

i used to have a problem where the odometer would click the faster i drove the faster it would click. eventually my harness was rewired and the clicking went away
redsuns3838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 11:40 AM   #53
rancid240
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soreballz
My radio and cluster clock stay on even when the key is off. I have to pull the fuse that controls them any time I park my car for more than 1 day. >_<

My clock only turns on when the headlights are off... Prolly something related to the wiring issue previously stated.

Also... my HUD cluster likes to pick and choose when it will light up at night. Its not really a weird electrical gremlin, just a broken solder koint that occasionally joins or something like that, but I figured it was worth mentioning anyway.

Cluster clock is always on like that from the factory
Old 09-20-2006, 05:01 PM   #54
DaPCWiz
Zilvia Addict

DaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DaPCWiz Send a message via MSN to DaPCWiz Send a message via Yahoo to DaPCWiz
hmmm.

defroster light is out...

i had a wierd problem where my pass side low beam would shut off when I put the high beams on... but then I punched the harness and it fixed it so idk...

my right rear corner light kept burning out when I bought the car... no idea why... ended up cutting and splicing the wire and powering it from somewhere else....

nothing else I can think of...

http://blog.dapcwiz.com
DaPCWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 11:18 PM   #55
Kallikak

Kallikak can only hope to improve
Driver's side headlight sometimes doesn't like to come on. I'm guessing there's a bad relay somewhere.
Kallikak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 06:20 AM   #56
Gearhead_42
Leaky Injector

Gearhead_42 is an unknown quantity at this point
S14-
Passenger tails only come on after you thump 'em (or drive a few miles)... but only first thing in the morning. After that they're fine
Blower resistor blown, hi-fan
Driver window auto down at slightest touch of switch, no 2-position anymore
Airbag light blinkin, can't figure out the right resistor value to fool it...

S13-
Cluster doesn't work on cool damp mornings... then lights up nice as ever after you warm the car up. Tach always works
Slow drain on the battery, sometimes 3 days, sometimes overnight, and not enough juice to turn over. Charges fine when driving, a 30 minute drive charges it right up... just drains when the car is off...
E-fan never comes on, but not sure what temp it's set at.. or if it'll work at all with the SR harness. No AC anymore and no decent temp gauge yet...
Gearhead_42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 06:32 AM   #57
yokotas13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
my only problem is that the greddy FATT stays turned on saying off and illuminated all the time.

other than that, nothing
yokotas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 06:47 AM   #58
sepulchral
BANNED

sepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymore
what would cause the e-brake and battery light to flicker under acceleration?
sepulchral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 06:48 AM   #59
DaPCWiz
Zilvia Addict

DaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DaPCWiz Send a message via MSN to DaPCWiz Send a message via Yahoo to DaPCWiz
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPCWiz
hmmm.

defroster light is out...

i had a wierd problem where my pass side low beam would shut off when I put the high beams on... but then I punched the harness and it fixed it so idk...

my right rear corner light kept burning out when I bought the car... no idea why... ended up cutting and splicing the wire and powering it from somewhere else....

nothing else I can think of...
Ahhhh I still have the right low beam turning off when the high beams are on problem. I find that if i kick / punch the headlight a few times it clicks on and stays on.... the harness looks pretty dried out / brittle.... maybe I should replace it.

Old 09-25-2006, 07:09 AM   #60
DaPCWiz
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sepulchral
what would cause the e-brake and battery light to flicker under acceleration?
alternator is on its way out. Had the same problem in both my 240 and g20.... died within hours of the lights starting to flash on the 240.... took 1.5 years to die on the G20.