Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-19-2018, 03:27 AM   #11
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Super_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
Very awesome work. Making it look so easy, and proper.
thanks man!! I think as i get older and gain experience/knowledge, things start to beome easier to accomplish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
Awesome progress- nice job!
Thanks dude! excited to see how your coupe comes together as well!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
Great work my man! You've made some serious progress on this thing!
Thanks man! Given the amount of daylight and nice(r) days on the weekends i've slammed some stuff out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I've been following you on GarageJournal.com and I love the work you put in. Can't wait to see this on the road!
thank you!! that forum is awesome!! everyone on here, or that has a car and small garage should join. TONS and TONS of info and ideas from others to share!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k00laid83 View Post
Man you're doing a great job bro. When I did my RHD conversion years ago there wasn't much info and I just went for it. You'll learn real quick how the usdm and jdm wiring is so similar. I did exactly what you did and I flipped my usdm body harness upside down. Here's a tip...when you're doing the wiring for the turn signals the only thing I did was I matched all the wires to the jdm turn signals steering column controls. The thing is when you wire the turn signals that way color for color your turn signal indicators will contradict eachother lol. If I remember correctly when you turn the turn signal switch to the left your cluster indicator will blink right but the signal lights will blink correctly. Then when you switch to the turn signal to the right it'll make the cluster indicator blink left, but again the signal lights will blink correctly.

Here's the trick! Everyone is going to think you have to extend the turn signal wires from the right side to the left and vice versa. Honestly, that's to much damn work. When I did mine the only thing I did was switch the turn signal wires at the gauge cluster. Sounds way to simple right? Well in all seriousness that's all that needed to be done because everything works from the cluster. If I remember correctly the LH turn signal wire color is Green/black and the RH turn signal wire color is Green/Yellow. What I did was unpin those two wires and then switch them around. So the Green/black goes into the Green/yellow's spot and the Green/yellow goes into the Green/black's spot. You'll find these wires in the Center White plug that goes into the cluster. After I did that everything worked perfectly. You can reference cluster wiring colors with the NX1600 cluster swap wiring diagram. Lots of information there for 240sx cluster wire colors.

This thread brought back a ton of memories! If you have any questions at all let me know bro.
thank you soooo much for the info!! i think im going to utilize the JDM harness since it has those extra buttons specifically for the silvia's lights/other functions. the silvia wiring book that i bought, does have wire colors in it, and just seeing some for the lights and whatnot, they do match up for the most part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFITTZY View Post
...Or you could have read the last page
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman2334 View Post
looking good! my roommate has a eastwood 250 and its great for what he got it for. we recently braced my IS subframe with it. something about doing stuff like this yourself is so satisfying.

cant wait to see more!
everyone seems to gripe about if a certain welder isnt one of the big 3 brands. i can say that compared to the Lincoln it does what they are both designed to for, WELDING.. i can see if the larger ones need heavy duty special equipment inside. they are close enough that if i need warranty work, i can throw it in the car and drive it there, instead of shipping it back..

I did stop by a small paint supply shop the other day and pick up some seam sealer/undercoating. i will probably go back and get a tube of 2 part seam sealer as well for where some of the corners meet..

Super_OK_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote