Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Advertiser Specials and Sales > Wheel / Tire

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 07:05 PM   #1
Sonic Motor
www.SonicMotor.com

Trader Rating: (113)
Sonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 113 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sonic Motor
*** VORDOVEN Forme 9 Wheels - New Lower Pricing for 2015! - Wheels IN STOCK ***

VORDOVEN Forme 9 Wheels - NOW IN STOCK!

17"
FORME 9 17x9 +35 5x100 Hyper Black, Hyper Silver, Matte Black, Matte Bronze, Gloss White
FORME 9 17x9 +35 5x114.3 Hyper Black, Hyper Silver, Matte Black, Matte Bronze, Gloss White
FORME 9 17x9 +25 5x114.3 Hyper Black, Hyper Silver, Matte Black, Matte Bronze, Gloss White

18"
FORME 9 18x9.5 +34 5x100 Hyper Black, Hyper Silver, Matte Black, Matte Bronze, Gloss White
FORME 9 18x9.5 +34 5x114.3 Hyper Black, Hyper Silver, Matte Black, Matte Bronze, Gloss White
FORME 9 18x9.5 +22 5x114.3 Hyper Black, Hyper Silver, Matte Black, Matte Bronze, Gloss White
FORME 9 18x9.5 +12 5x114.3 Hyper Black, Matte Bronze

FORME 9 18x10.5 +22 5x114.3 Hyper Black, Hyper Silver, Matte Black, Matte Bronze, Gloss White
FORME 9 18x10.5 +15 5x114.3 Hyper Black, Matte Bronze

17" wheels starting at $650 per set!

PM FOR BEST PRICING!

Weights
17x9 = 20lbs
18x9.5 = 23lbs
18x10.5 = 25lbs

TO PLACE AN ORDER:

PM: SONICMOTOR
EMAIL: [email protected]
CALL/TEXT: 562-600-0021
AIM: Kyle@SonicMotor

Payments:
Local pickup
Cash (CASH IS KING!)
Money order/Cashiers Check
Paypal (for out of town people only)
Credit card (VISA, MASTER, AMEX, DISC)
9.00% CA tax will apply

Paypal email address: [email protected]

Our Address:
Sonic Motor - Power and Performance
315 Cloverleaf DR STE C
Baldwin Park, CA 91706
562-600-0021

Email: [email protected]
AIM: Kyle@SonicMotor

Regular Business Hours
Mon-Friday
10am-6pm
Sat 10am-3pm

Last edited by Sonic Motor; 04-06-2015 at 06:25 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2015, 10:29 PM   #2
bigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
bigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
VORDOVEN...because VARRSTOEN wasn't fake enough.

We're all thinking it, so ban me for saying it?
Old 01-08-2015, 10:42 AM   #3
Ilya
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Ilya is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Is the concavity of the wheel the same for all offsets? Big difference between +25 and +35?
Old 01-08-2015, 12:46 PM   #4
Gar9854
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Gar9854 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
^ this
Is there a difference in the 9.5+12 and the 10.5 +15 as far as the faces are concerned
Old 01-08-2015, 01:00 PM   #5
hawkster183
Leaky Injector

hawkster183 is an unknown quantity at this point
I just got my 18x9.5 and 18x10.5 +12 and +15. Both sizes are definitely concave. Rears are slightly more than front. Wheels look great. Haven't mounted tires yet. Can't wait to see how they fit. I have pulled rear fender on my s14 and rears sit flush with me just putting the rim up to hub and jacking up wheel with blocks. Great deal for the price. I'm probably going to order another set or 2 soon.
Old 01-08-2015, 01:25 PM   #6
jlopez7354
Leaky Injector

jlopez7354 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigs View Post

A fake copying another fake lol i thought I've seen it all
Old 01-08-2015, 02:04 PM   #7
Sonic Motor
www.SonicMotor.com

Sonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilya View Post
Is the concavity of the wheel the same for all offsets? Big difference between +25 and +35?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gar9854 View Post
^ this
Is there a difference in the 9.5+12 and the 10.5 +15 as far as the faces are concerned
All offsets in 9.5 have the same amount of concavity. The same goes for 10.5. The 10.5" wheels are slightly more concaved than the 9.5" wheels. Here is a picture of the two side by side. The "closer" wheel in the picture is 10.5" and the "further" wheel is 9.5".

18x9.5

18x10.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkster183 View Post
I just got my 18x9.5 and 18x10.5 +12 and +15. Both sizes are definitely concave. Rears are slightly more than front. Wheels look great. Haven't mounted tires yet. Can't wait to see how they fit. I have pulled rear fender on my s14 and rears sit flush with me just putting the rim up to hub and jacking up wheel with blocks. Great deal for the price. I'm probably going to order another set or 2 soon.
Thank you for your input! I hope you'll be ordering another set from us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlopez7354 View Post
A fake copying another fake lol i thought I've seen it all
Vordoven isn't copying VarrsToen wheels or vice a versa, so I'm not seeing what you're getting at here.
Old 01-08-2015, 03:06 PM   #8
Ilya
Zilvia Addict

Could you provide similar pictures as above for the 4 lug 17x9 +22 Varrstoen ES2? I have yet to find an actual picture of the wheel in that size, I keep finding generic pictures that are not specifically that size. Trying to figure out between ES2 and these!
Old 01-08-2015, 10:29 PM   #9
bigs
Nissanaholic!

bigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Motor View Post
Vordoven isn't copying VarrsToen wheels or vice a versa, so I'm not seeing what you're getting at here.
Because Volkstoen made an alias so they could keep ripping off wheels without becoming more of a joke than they are? Surprised they didn't name it Workdoven.

Give me a break.

© Copyright Work Wheels. All rights reserved.

Last edited by bigs; 01-09-2015 at 09:07 AM..
Old 01-08-2015, 11:12 PM   #10
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
this sucks. whether they are varrstoen or not, still lame.

but for real.. they didn't even bother to use a different font for their new name/logo?
Old 01-09-2015, 09:22 AM   #11
benarovi
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
benarovi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:

well you know how that mod dorkidori is you probably will lol
Old 01-09-2015, 11:30 AM   #12
Wheel Lounge
Leaky Injector

Wheel Lounge is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Wheel Lounge
Quote:
Because Volkstoen made an alias so they could keep ripping off wheels without becoming more of a joke than they are? Surprised they didn't name it Workdoven.

Give me a break.

Just because they are nearby does not mean they are the same company! Santa Fe Springs is a hot spot for all the wheels. AG is in the same area, and even the corporation that owns Volk Rays wheels is next door.
Old 01-09-2015, 12:46 PM   #13
bigs
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheel Lounge View Post
Just because they are nearby does not mean they are the same company! Santa Fe Springs is a hot spot for all the wheels. AG is in the same area, and even the corporation that owns Volk Rays wheels is next door.
Similar name, similar logo, similar wheels, similar location. Sounds like Varrstoen needed to expand, and they applied the same amount of creativity in coming up with a new name as they do in their wheel designs.

Regardless, it's a direct copy of a respected wheel manufacturer. They didn't attempt to alter the design even a LITTLE.

I'm done, carry on supporting bullshit companies.
Old 01-09-2015, 01:22 PM   #14
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Almost identical to the actual thing yikes!

If they were to do this to advan model v's I would cry.
Old 01-09-2015, 02:49 PM   #15
Sonic Motor
www.SonicMotor.com

Quote:

Give me a break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty So View Post
this sucks. whether they are varrstoen or not, still lame.

but for real.. they didn't even bother to use a different font for their new name/logo?
Quote:
Similar name, similar logo, similar wheels, similar location. Sounds like Varrstoen needed to expand, and they applied the same amount of creativity in coming up with a new name as they do in their wheel designs.

Regardless, it's a direct copy of a respected wheel manufacturer. They didn't attempt to alter the design even a LITTLE.

I'm done, carry on supporting bullshit companies.
I can tell you guys for a fact they Vordoven and VarrsToen are two different companies. I deal with both of them on a daily basis and both companies are not affiliated with each other.

Every time a new company comes out with wheels that look like an original of Work or Volk, everyone loses their minds. It's ok, I'm used to it by now and you guys are just giving me free bumps! And I'm just a vendor of these wheels. Sonic Motor is not making these wheels. Don't shoot the messenger! Like your mother may or may not have told you; if you don't have anything nice to say, why say anything at all?

And for anyone looking for "real wheels," Sonic Motor also carries Volk, Gram Light, Work, SSR, Advan, AME, BBS, Weds, and more!
Old 01-09-2015, 03:18 PM   #16
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Motor View Post
I can tell you guys for a fact they Vordoven and VarrsToen are two different companies. I deal with both of them on a daily basis and both companies are not affiliated with each other.

Every time a new company comes out with wheels that look like an original of Work or Volk, everyone loses their minds. It's ok, I'm used to it by now and you guys are just giving me free bumps! And I'm just a vendor of these wheels. Sonic Motor is not making these wheels. Don't shoot the messenger! Like your mother may or may not have told you; if you don't have anything nice to say, why say anything at all?

And for anyone looking for "real wheels," Sonic Motor also carries Volk, Gram Light, Work, SSR, Advan, AME, BBS, Weds, and more!
I can respect that. I have no issues with Sonic Motor because I've happily dealt with you folks before. You have to do what you have to do to make your money, I get that. Keep doing what you do.

However, these knock offs are getting out of control.
If you want to be a cheap wheel company, more power to you, but the least you could do is make your own damn wheels.

*When I say you, not you. Knock off wheel companies.
Old 01-09-2015, 06:09 PM   #17
Ilya
Zilvia Addict

Has anyone ever used generic brand drungs vs name brand? Do you buy VOSS water or whatever is cheapest generic safeway/walmart brand? what is so different about wheels?

There is only so many ways that you can make a wheel. There is only one way to equally line up 6 spokes, or 6 sets of spokes.

You wouldn't wear a tux to go to dinner at taco bell, why would you drive on GramLight wheels daily in the rain and construction zones when you can get the same thing but cheaper?

Times are changing and niches are being found.
Old 01-09-2015, 07:24 PM   #18
bigs
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Has anyone ever used generic brand drungs vs name brand? Do you buy VOSS water or whatever is cheapest generic safeway/walmart brand? what is so different about wheels?

There is only so many ways that you can make a wheel. There is only one way to equally line up 6 spokes, or 6 sets of spokes.

You wouldn't wear a tux to go to dinner at taco bell, why would you drive on GramLight wheels daily in the rain and construction zones when you can get the same thing but cheaper?

Times are changing and niches are being found.
That was probably the dumbest thing i've ever read.

There are millions of ways to make a wheel, and reputable companies are constantly producing new original designs. There is absolutely no reason to directly knock off an original design. Companies like whoredoven are lazy fucks that are just looking to make a buck. No passion, no originality, and no contributions to the growth of the culture.

Drugs and water are not designs, they are formulas. You don't buy drugs and water to marvel at them (that's leaving out the function aspect obviously). I don't think many of us care about the water industry enough to support the innovators, however most of us care a lot about American car/drift culture. You can't compare it to something you're not passionate about to some degree.

You wouldn't want to wear a shirt that says i'm a piece of shit to taco bell either.

Knock off wheel companies didn't find a niche market, they created one. People would save their money for the original versions if knock off wheel companies didn't exist.

Last edited by bigs; 01-09-2015 at 09:36 PM..
Old 01-09-2015, 11:17 PM   #19
Lukasss
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
Lukasss is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I'm here because of the internet.
Old 01-10-2015, 06:29 AM   #20
Ilya
Zilvia Addict

Reputation, passion, originality, betterment of the car culture are not technical reasons why you should not buy replicas. It is stupid to spend $1500 on a 20lb wheels when I can buy the the SAME design and weight for half that. If an ADVAN 20lb wheel somehow magically performed better that VARDOVEN 20lb wheel (increased my speed, made more power, made my car handle better), sure I'd buy into it, but we all should know that physics does not have a favorite when it comes to wheel brands; 20lb rotational mass is a 20lb rotational mass, whether it's a rota, Volk, gramlight, VARDOVEN.

When I spill hot sauce all over my "I'm a peice of shit" shirt, I go buy another one. Same can't be said about a tux unless you buy Small, medium, or Large clothes, then there is no room to speak.
Old 01-10-2015, 12:10 PM   #21
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
You're an idiot Ilya.
Old 01-10-2015, 12:30 PM   #22
claine650
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
claine650 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
When I spill hot sauce all over my "I'm a peice of shit" shirt, I go buy another one.
Haha, well said. You suck.
Old 01-10-2015, 01:04 PM   #23
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

I'm sure Sonic Motor appreciates the bumps but whether you agree with these wheels or not, lets leave the arguing to PMs.
If you want these wheels, PM Sonic Motor.
If you don't want these wheels, move on.
Old 01-10-2015, 01:26 PM   #24
bigs
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Reputation, passion, originality, betterment of the car culture are not technical reasons why you should not buy replicas. It is stupid to spend $1500 on a 20lb wheels when I can buy the the SAME design and weight for half that. If an ADVAN 20lb wheel somehow magically performed better that VARDOVEN 20lb wheel (increased my speed, made more power, made my car handle better), sure I'd buy into it, but we all should know that physics does not have a favorite when it comes to wheel brands; 20lb rotational mass is a 20lb rotational mass, whether it's a rota, Volk, gramlight, VARDOVEN.

When I spill hot sauce all over my "I'm a peice of shit" shirt, I go buy another one. Same can't be said about a tux unless you buy Small, medium, or Large clothes, then there is no room to speak.
You are speaking out of your ass.

You don't know the technical aspects of either wheel, and you're assuming they are identical in construction. I don't either, so I'm not going to speak on the subject. You're failing to address the fact that the design is STOLEN. What's your opinion on theft? Do you support thieves, as long as they use sound techniques?

If you can't afford wheels from companies who are bettering the culture, save up. If you're impatient, buy used. There is no reason to support companies that steal designs.

The fact that you would buy another "i'm a piece of shit" shirt pretty much settles my point. Also, the fact that you think work wheels are the tuxedo of wheels is pretty sad. CR Kai's aren't $1500.
Old 01-10-2015, 02:11 PM   #25
Ilya
Zilvia Addict

Internet is for sharing opinions and learning.

No one has presented technical rationale to not buy replica wheels. Everything has been subjective and qualitative, NOT QUANTITATIVE.

I know they are not forged but cast, and are not as strong, but if I plow my car into a curb, no matter what wheel it is, its going to get ruined. Real wheel and a replica wheel at the same weight performs exactly the same whether the car is parked vs going 90mph on the freeway. Abusing the wheels? Then im not sure.

No offence to Sonic Motors but if design is theft then THEY sure are promoting it by selling stolen goods out in the open. And they are a sponsor of this site, that should make everyone squeamish. But no one cares. Also that's what patents are for. At one point in history there was a first company that made a 17" rim. Now there are millions of companies making a 17" rim, which is technically a "design", but you and I look passed that.
Old 01-10-2015, 06:47 PM   #26
bigs
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Internet is for sharing opinions and learning.

No one has presented technical rationale to not buy replica wheels. Everything has been subjective and qualitative, NOT QUANTITATIVE.

I know they are not forged but cast, and are not as strong, but if I plow my car into a curb, no matter what wheel it is, its going to get ruined. Real wheel and a replica wheel at the same weight performs exactly the same whether the car is parked vs going 90mph on the freeway. Abusing the wheels? Then im not sure.
A reputable company should not have to defend their products against thieves.

If you're basing your wheel choice on whether or not you're going to plow your car into a curb, than that's a separate issue.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:33 PM   #27
daftcon
Leaky Injector

daftcon is an unknown quantity at this point
here's what it boils down to gents...

myself with 3 children, a wife in school full time, and a military paycheck, CANNOT afford $1500+ wheels. no matter how nice, no matter how original. i can't do it. but my car is a passion of mine, so i in turn might opt for a cheaper wheel. does it make me a sellout? does it make me supporter of theft? if you think so, then fine. but i'm fueling my passion.

If you're able to responsibly afford the cream of the crop, the original pristine, by all means do it. if that's your number one, it's quite understandable. i wish i had that option. but it all comes down to all of us doing what we love within the confines of what we choose is doable.

for the record, i've not purchased these wheels, just speaking in generalities.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:06 PM   #28
bigs
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daftcon View Post
here's what it boils down to gents...

myself with 3 children, a wife in school full time, and a military paycheck, CANNOT afford $1500+ wheels. no matter how nice, no matter how original. i can't do it. but my car is a passion of mine, so i in turn might opt for a cheaper wheel. does it make me a sellout? does it make me supporter of theft? if you think so, then fine. but i'm fueling my passion.

If you're able to responsibly afford the cream of the crop, the original pristine, by all means do it. if that's your number one, it's quite understandable. i wish i had that option. but it all comes down to all of us doing what we love within the confines of what we choose is doable.

for the record, i've not purchased these wheels, just speaking in generalities.
CR Kais aren't $1500+ wheels. To each their own, just know you're supporting thieves.
Old 01-10-2015, 11:21 PM   #29
DustinSixOh9
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
DustinSixOh9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
CR Kais aren't $1500+ wheels. To each their own, just know you're supporting thieves.
They are the most amount of $1500+ wheels you don't know what you're talking about.

You nerds are great with your concern of the "culture" being ruined by cheap wheels. I also love the condescending, holier than thou attitude from guys who bought used wheels. They're a split spoke wheel that's affordable, round and look cool.
Old 01-10-2015, 11:50 PM   #30
1sickS14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (27)
1sickS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Interesting read. Thanks for the clarification Sonic
Closed Thread