Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-26-2009, 03:05 PM   #1
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
ISIS Suspension Review

Just Got my ISIS Tension Rods from Enjuku today.
These are for My S14 DD

Only gripe is they came scratched up, kinda like they were shipped in bulk with no padding, (Packaging from Enjuku was fine) but oh well

Over all they seem pretty beefy

Dont know much about Heim Joints sooo....

I bought only the Front tension rods cuz the ones on the S14 are shot and im working on installing an RB25

So I will be buying the rest of the arms after the swap when i get the coil overs installed.

So if anyone else has bought the other Arms from ISIS post up some pics for everyone else to take a look at

Update:

Installed the Tension rods.....holy hell its hot outside

Old ones

bolted up Just fine, Of course they were easy its a tension rod

I knew the car was pullin a little to the left but thought it just needed an aligntment....lucky me (came like this when i bought it)
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit

Last edited by Sileighty_85; 07-02-2009 at 11:52 AM..
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2009, 08:19 PM   #2
TheSquidd
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
TheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheSquidd
Click here to see the review:

My review, part 1.

Pretty fucking insane pricing on these things. They're not SPL parts arms, but fuck they're 100$ a piece, you're getting an entire set for the price of two pairs from SPL / PBM. Can't wait to see what they do on the track.

TheSquidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:31 PM   #3
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSquidd View Post
Pretty fucking insane pricing on these things. They're not SPL parts arms, but fuck they're 100$ a piece, you're getting an entire set for the price of two pairs from SPL / PBM. Can't wait to see what they do on the track.

not spl, really? coulda fooled me.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:44 PM   #4
TheSquidd
Post Whore!

TheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to TheSquidd
Was referring more to the Toe rods anyway. Since that is what I've had before.
TheSquidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:27 AM   #5
babowc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
babowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I don't see what the farking difference is between ISIS products and ebay or Chinese products.
babowc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:31 AM   #6
karl wasabi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
karl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to karl wasabi
I've seen these arms in person. They look pretty decent. If you are on a budget, it's awesome.
karl wasabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 02:28 AM   #7
gsxr141
Zilvia Junkie

gsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymore
they look ok to me. i for one am running circuit sports toe rods, traction rods, and tension rods with no problems so far. i would have possibly gotten the isis stuff if it had been out at the time.
gsxr141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:29 PM   #8
Shadowhunter
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
Shadowhunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by w00tang View Post
I don't see what the farking difference is between ISIS products and ebay or Chinese products.
I can vouch that the Ebay 'godspeed' shit is way worse quality then these arms,now wether or not the joints themselves are awesome remains yet to be seen. But just by looking at these and seeing some godspeeds in person these look far superior in almost every way.
Shadowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:47 PM   #9
jamg
Nissanaholic!

jamg is an unknown quantity at this point
i believe ken has stated that they are being tested on a few track cars. (not sure though)

so i guess we'll see.
jamg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 06:26 AM   #10
TheWolf
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
TheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
boop rod ends... that's what your really paying for...
Old 07-06-2009, 12:08 PM   #11
Fries
Zilvia FREAK!

Fries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfection
Can't really be worse than destroyed ass rubber bushings on an s13, unless the ends pop out or something.

Fuccccck. I'm about to test the fuck out of these for you guys.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:27 AM   #12
CyanideSX

CyanideSX is an unknown quantity at this point
Interested in buying but wanted to know how you like them. They have been on your car for a few months now, whats the verdict?
CyanideSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 09:58 AM   #13
jeb1517
Leaky Injector

jeb1517 is an unknown quantity at this point
Any updates? So far I can only find install and fitment reviews. Looking forward to hearing from thesquidd for a review on actual performance.

My tension rod bushings are shot so I was going to replace them with poly bushings because I don't go to the track or anything. But the ISIS TC rods aren't too much more so I figured why not.
jeb1517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:11 AM   #14
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
The tension rods are holding up fine for me, Im still rocking full stock suspension.
but i beat the crap out of these, roads are crappy here with pot holes every where so im always hitting them.

But holding up good so far ^_^b
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Old 08-24-2009, 10:28 AM   #15
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
They look like every other Ebay tension rod.

Looks like they even come wrapped in the same packaging, haha.

Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:36 AM   #16
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
They look like every other Ebay tension rod.

Looks like they even come wrapped in the same packaging, haha.

I just see it as a way of keeping the cost low, I could care less what it wrapped in.

Im paying for what comes inside, not what its wrapped with
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Old 08-24-2009, 10:38 AM   #17
deuceforty
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
deuceforty is a glorious beacon of lightdeuceforty is a glorious beacon of lightdeuceforty is a glorious beacon of lightdeuceforty is a glorious beacon of lightdeuceforty is a glorious beacon of lightdeuceforty is a glorious beacon of lightdeuceforty is a glorious beacon of lightdeuceforty is a glorious beacon of lightdeuceforty is a glorious beacon of lightdeuceforty is a glorious beacon of lightdeuceforty is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 12 reviews

dude your tie rod looks bent to shit in this pic...

TWO TONE COUPE FS NC
deuceforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:42 AM   #18
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuceforty View Post

dude your tie rod looks bent to shit in this pic...
haha yeah fixed that real easily

1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Old 08-24-2009, 10:42 AM   #19
chibo
Zilvia FREAK!

chibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to chibo
I bought a full set for a S14. I'll take pictures later but the welds are undercut and doesn't have a clean end (it's cratered).

1989 S13 | 1996 S14 | 2001 E46 | 2009 ZX6R
chibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 02:31 PM   #20
southerncross
Leaky Injector

southerncross is an unknown quantity at this point
i have the circuit sports stuff and its all been really good, i only paid $120 shipped for the pair if i remember correctly. theyre still holding on after a year of daily abuse from potholes and retardedly stiff Stance coilovers on georgia roads (including dirt and gravel roads regularly).
southerncross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:42 PM   #21
Riggle

Riggle is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sileighty_85 View Post
haha yeah fixed that real easily
Dang! I really hope you changed that out after all that (maybe just fixed it at the track...I dont know). Your toe and steer ahead are def screwed after that. Better than it being bent to shit, I know, but that inner tie rod end looked pretty gnarly, hope you swap that out ASAP and align that poor girl. :P

Last edited by Riggle; 08-25-2009 at 08:41 AM..
Riggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:16 AM   #22
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggle View Post
Dang! I really hope you changed that out after all that (maybe just fixed it at the track...I dont know). Your toe and steer ahead are def screwed after that. Better than it being bent to shit, I know, but that inner tie rod end looked pretty gnarly, hope you swap that out ASAP and align that poor girl. :P
hahah it my daily right now, Stock everything minus the Tension rods

It was horrible before. Drives straight now with new tires up front, no abnormal wear. no stressed metal marks on the inner Tie rod either

I plan on a full suspenion upgrade when i swap the RB in. so no need to replace somthing that not broke right now
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Old 08-25-2009, 04:03 PM   #23
chibo
Zilvia FREAK!

chibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfection
So I ordered a full S14 rear set a few weeks ago and I put them on today...

Now, here is my problem with them:

The welding quality sucks shit, and I'm not just being some retarded e-weldor who says they are awesome/shit depending on if they are DIMEZ yo. They are undercut heavily and have porosity.

Old 08-25-2009, 04:15 PM   #24
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibo View Post
The welding quality sucks shit, and I'm not just being some retarded e-weldor who says they are awesome/shit depending on if they are DIMEZ yo. They are undercut heavily and have porosity.

Let Ken know, they are new to building these, so they need feed back to improve the design/quality
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Old 08-25-2009, 04:28 PM   #25
chibo
Zilvia FREAK!

Sorry for not knowing, but who is Ken?

Old 08-25-2009, 04:33 PM   #26
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibo View Post
Sorry for not knowing, but who is Ken?
Ken is the head hancho at Enjuku Racing
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Old 08-25-2009, 04:34 PM   #27
IThaJokaI
Zilvia Addict

IThaJokaI is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to IThaJokaI Send a message via MSN to IThaJokaI
Well I actually put the front tension rods to an actual test.

I hit a curb @ ~40mph, brakes locked up and slid right into it head on. Not ONE fucking issue with the tension rods, no bends, cracks, rips. Everything is fine, even though it fucked up everything else under my front end.

I def give Afucking+ for quality.
IThaJokaI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 04:41 PM   #28
chibo
Zilvia FREAK!

^^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sileighty_85 View Post
Ken is the head hancho at Enjuku Racing
Cool, I emailed him. Don't mean to come off harsh, just needs to be brought to his attention so it can be improved in the future.

Old 08-25-2009, 09:25 PM   #29
Bumnah
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
Bumnah is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Bumnah
The hybrid adjuster on the SPL arms makes them worth it alone.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:14 PM   #30
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
"isis" is rebranded chinese shit. people try to play it down, but that's what it is. not trying to nay-say Enjuku, but, it's hard to deny.