Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-29-2009, 02:35 PM   #91
4x4le
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
4x4le is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 4x4le Send a message via Yahoo to 4x4le
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackzenki82 View Post
no answer to the AEM UEGO question....
Im sorry but I cannot support every brand of wideband on the market. All I can tell you about the Aem wideband is that like I have said before that I dont like them for several reasons. They are junk and over priced along with most everythign else they make that I have seen. The widebands burn out sensors too fast and just do not come with the features of other widebands that are cheaper than theirs. Many people have trouble getting these to work with NIStune. If you want any wideband to work with nistune what your going to HAVE to do is be able to hook the wideband up to a laptop the way that the maker of the wideband says you have to. If they dont provide cables, software with drivers and instructions then I would not recommend you use their wideband for nistune purpouses. The wideband I suggest for nistune users is the Innovate lc1 or lm1 or lm2 because of their price, accuracy, they come with the cables needed and software needed and drivers and nistune has a special translator for innovate mts when you install the NIStune software. It is all plug and play.
This info that was posted is the best help that can be provided to help you without you contacting aem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilviaSR20DET
In order to get the aem uego to log into nistune you must:
1)set the wideband to the correct look up table in this case "DLPADConverter"
2)under wideband type select aem uego gauge
3)select what com port it is reading from by going through control panel and then system device manager to find out where your usb/adapter is currently connected to.
4)Then you have to install tera term pro (can be dled for free and i believe if you serach under the nistune forums he provided a dl for it) and setup your com port so taht nistune can recognize the AEM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
The VE30DE most certainly did have VTC, hence it's the best drop-in solution for RB25's - it's the VG30E and VE30E (single cams) that did not. RB20 ECU would be the next-easiest, but it requires a couple of pins to be swapped and does not have VTC (and are more expensive, because people actually use RB20's).
I stand corrected and I edited my post. I did not know this.

Which rb25 did you have again? We do have customers order type 4 boards for their r43 rb25 neo's and they work great.
4x4le is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2009, 03:12 PM   #92
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4le View Post
I stand corrected and I edited my post. I did not know this.

Which rb25 did you have again? We do have customers order type 4 boards for their r43 rb25 neo's and they work great.
Oooooh, I didn't know the Type-4 boards worked with S2 motors, that means they'll probably work on my R33 S1 motor too. Nice. It's all academic at this point since I'm beyond broke - once I get turbo/manifold/injectors together I'll have to have a serious chat about which ECU to use

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 04:36 PM   #93
fromxtor
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
fromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fromxtor Send a message via Yahoo to fromxtor
Bottom line for me right now, I need a tuning solution for my Blacktop SR. I'm not looking to change my setup anytime soon, besides a boost increase. I also need to be able to get my stuff tuned w/o having to pay $400 for the software license.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:47 PM   #94
Spent

Trader Rating: (0)
Spent is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Well, I got my address file. Matt from nistune said the address files are now included with the rom packs but only on the beta version so he sent me the address file I needed and suggested I try the beta version as it hasn't been giving any trouble and the address files are selectable from a drop down box.
Spent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:00 AM   #95
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
lewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
first off i have a imac will the program work with my computer? Second i'm wrapping up my rebuild of my engine and i'm still runing the stock turbo etc! I do have aftermarket parts like a greeddy ls intercooler,BC cam kit, walbro 255 fuel pump and thats it. How would u map it for my needs. Can i run the program with a palm handheld pc.
lewisfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 08:37 PM   #96
4x4le
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisfk View Post
first off i have a imac will the program work with my computer? Second i'm wrapping up my rebuild of my engine and i'm still runing the stock turbo etc! I do have aftermarket parts like a greeddy ls intercooler,BC cam kit, walbro 255 fuel pump and thats it. How would u map it for my needs. Can i run the program with a palm handheld pc.

sorry, no mac. I have heard of people running windows on a partition on their mac computers and I have heard of windows simulators that allow for windows programs to work in them, but you as a mac user would know more about that than me. Macs are nice, but compatibility issues is what keeps me away from them.

Hand held pc's would probably be so much of a hassle unless you had a way to have a larger monitor and keyboard. Feel free to download the free trial on it and see how the program looks in it.

As far as mapping your ecu for your needs.... I always recommend dyno tuning your car. The most important part of dyno tuning is being able to read the data that is collected by the dyno and knowing how to adjust the fuel and timing to suit the engines needs.
Yours sounds pretty easy, but I dont care how mild the build is, if you dont know how to tune and you are tuning, you will most likely blow the motor.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:13 PM   #97
Blackzenki82
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
Blackzenki82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Blackzenki82
i still haven't gotten my questions answered on how ti set up the AEM UEGO wideband, i talked to Matt about it, he asked Pete, and all i got a was a dead link to the AEM site...

i bought this wideband FOR NIStune, spend over 2 hundo on it thinking it would work, and well.... NOTHING.... so supprt, no nistune drivers or anything, although they say it supports AEM UEGO.....

HALP!!!! last thing i need for datalogging and getting my final tune dialed in...

Blackzenki82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:44 PM   #98
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
All I've heard is how shitty the UEGO is, and how it's not compatible with Nistune without a computer in the middle.

Research FTW. That's why I bought a Innovate LC-1.

www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Old 07-30-2009, 10:48 PM   #99
4x4le
Zilvia FREAK!

edit:^^^^ haha, beat me to it. I was browsing aems site to see if I could find anything.

Im sorry bro. Aem makes sorry products and I discourage everyone from buying their widebands especially. It honestly is going to be junk even if you get it to read in nistune.

If you can get your wideband to work with your laptop (no matter the brand) with the drivers the maker of the wideband provide, as well as the cables the maker of the wideband provide, you can have your wideband in nistune. Aem claims that they have logging capability's with a laptop and there are people with them working in nistune. Have you checked the nistune forum? Made a thread on the nistune forum? There will be more people that know what exactly is going on there.

The reason your having so much trouble finding someone else thats using one is because most people know better than to buy an aem wideband due to their quality and for the same price you can get a innovate lc1 which is super accurate and super easy to get working with nearly any tuning equipment.

I know that didnt help you any either because whats done is done and you have an aem wideband now, but Im not the one that told you to get it and you can probably ask around, I have told many people to stay far away from them.

I googled aem and the first link was to their site.
Here is their contact info:
Advanced Engine Management, Inc.
2205 126th Street, Unit A
Hawthorne Ca. 90250
Phone: (310) 484-2322
Fax: (310) 484-0152

aempower.com

Give aem a call tomorrow. You dont even have to mention anything about nistune. Just tell them you want software and cables or whatever you dont have so you can log your wideband on your laptop like they advertise.

I would also like to mention that I RARELY EVER actually connect my wideband into my laptop. I just monitor the gauge while setting my air fuel ratios up with a very conservative timing map for safety reasons.
The fuel map is really too easy to pinpoint I dont see the point in logging afrs for it.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:26 PM   #100
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
I would buy the LM1 honestly.
very flexible for inputs and outputs and configuring. You can also just data log direct to teh LM and the pull up the logs in the LM1 software as well

It's the way to go.

I have use a lot of different sensors but it's the most straight forward.

PLX devices has a good one too.

Make sure you guys get your car DYNO TUNED, do not listen to any crap about using knock sensors to tune your motor unless you want to blow your shit up. Be really careful listening to anyone who tells you to do stupid ass shit like this.

You have to use a knock box, or knock system in conjunction with a dyno to watch the torque plot up or down according to timing map inputs to know an see pre-knock for the safest and most powerful tune.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:57 PM   #101
Blackzenki82
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
Blackzenki82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Blackzenki82
just ordered a LC-1 with amber stand alone gauge... let's hope this works out!!

Blackzenki82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:14 PM   #102
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve shadows View Post
I would buy the LM1 honestly.
very flexible for inputs and outputs and configuring. You can also just data log direct to teh LM and the pull up the logs in the LM1 software as well

It's the way to go.

I have use a lot of different sensors but it's the most straight forward.

PLX devices has a good one too.

Make sure you guys get your car DYNO TUNED, do not listen to any crap about using knock sensors to tune your motor unless you want to blow your shit up. Be really careful listening to anyone who tells you to do stupid ass shit like this.

You have to use a knock box, or knock system in conjunction with a dyno to watch the torque plot up or down according to timing map inputs to know an see pre-knock for the safest and most powerful tune.
For an in-car install, LC1 + DX16 gauge is much better looking than the LM1 lol. Data logging requires a cable and a laptop, sure, but I'm not "man enough" to have an LM1 stuck to my dash. *nudge nudge* Steve lol.

[threadjack] What knock box do you use at CRM Steve, the PLX one? [/threadjack]

Old 07-31-2009, 10:34 PM   #103
onepuff
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
onepuff is on the path to ruinonepuff is on the path to ruinonepuff is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
For an in-car install, LC1 + DX16 gauge is much better looking than the LM1 lol. Data logging requires a cable and a laptop, sure, but I'm not "man enough" to have an LM1 stuck to my dash. *nudge nudge* Steve lol.

Just do this. It's not like it's hard to do or anything.

onepuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:38 PM   #104
steve shadows
Post Whore!

steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Quote:

I agree...

It's just called Knock Box, that is the brand. Its a pretty awesome little sensor.

I run the headphones in the car and I can hear each individual cylinder during a pull as the load builds up. You can hear the tiniest of tiny knocks, pings etc, it's especially fun to cross check the aduio pick up against data logs of Intake Temp and Ambient Temp, Coolant temp, AFR and ext temp as well...

OH MY!
Old 07-31-2009, 11:19 PM   #105
4x4le
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onepuff View Post
Just do this. It's not like it's hard to do or anything.

very clean, but I still prefer a lc1 for perm installs and lm1 for customers. That looks factory, and if that is what you were going for props! I think you would have to divert your focus from the road too much if you were wanting to watch your afrs. I prefer a big ugly bright lcd gauge in my face on the dash.

You can run a gauge with the lm1 too. The only real other issues with a perm install lm1 is the battery and switch issues. If you leave it on the on position and you run a battery in it, the battery will drain. If you switch it off each time and you forget to switch it on and run your car without the sensor being heated you can damage your sensor.

Like I said though, That does look clean.
Old 08-01-2009, 05:59 AM   #106
Firestorm
Zilvia Junkie

Firestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Firestorm
hey, so i installed my nistune into my ECU a while ago. i was told it has a basemap on it so i plugged the ECU into the car but when i started it, it only ran on 3 cylinders.

i checked the soldering on the plug where the nistune plugs in to, there were no shorts, so im kinda puzzled as to why it won't run properly.

i was told that maybe the address file is wrong, but i don't know that much about ECUs, so no idea if that's the problem.

btw engine is an AT SR20 converted to 5speed.
Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 01:35 PM   #107
4x4le
Zilvia FREAK!

what does your dwell settings look like? its possible that you didnt merge files correctly if prompted to and it might have not had info avabiable for coil dwell. That is an easy error to have happen and it pops your ignitor.

is it all maxed out 255 in your dwell?
Old 08-01-2009, 06:53 PM   #108
onepuff
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
onepuff is on the path to ruinonepuff is on the path to ruinonepuff is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
very clean, but I still prefer a lc1 for perm installs and lm1 for customers. That looks factory, and if that is what you were going for props! I think you would have to divert your focus from the road too much if you were wanting to watch your afrs. I prefer a big ugly bright lcd gauge in my face on the dash.

You can run a gauge with the lm1 too. The only real other issues with a perm install lm1 is the battery and switch issues. If you leave it on the on position and you run a battery in it, the battery will drain. If you switch it off each time and you forget to switch it on and run your car without the sensor being heated you can damage your sensor.

Like I said though, That does look clean.
Thanks. Yea I'll be running it through a relay so when I disarm the alarm it will start heating up the sensor. Sorry for the little threadjack.
onepuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:59 PM   #109
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackzenki82 View Post
i still haven't gotten my questions answered on how ti set up the AEM UEGO wideband, i talked to Matt about it, he asked Pete, and all i got a was a dead link to the AEM site...

i bought this wideband FOR NIStune, spend over 2 hundo on it thinking it would work, and well.... NOTHING.... so supprt, no nistune drivers or anything, although they say it supports AEM UEGO.....

HALP!!!! last thing i need for datalogging and getting my final tune dialed in...
to use it thru a PC pre vista, u gotta go thru Hyperterminal to link it...its in the AEM booklet...

my laptop is vista and i was able to use it by DL a software from the converter cable i bought to hook up a terminal for my PC...next thing you know the UEgo worked perfectly readin on NIStune... Mind you though, i do have the board for the CA, so i dont know how it differs from the other board models offered...

Quote:
All I've heard is how shitty the UEGO is, and how it's not compatible with Nistune without a computer in the middle.
after cryin about it, when i couldnt hook it up, i realized whats the point...the Uego has a digital read out...but i get it though...dataloging...then again i got it for a steal brand new, so im happy with it for now...

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:41 AM   #110
handinpants
FreshColdBeer.com

Trader Rating: (48)
handinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via AIM to handinpants
i'm soo happy with my tune, my clutch isn't though, i might splurge and get a nistune tatoo

handinpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:47 AM   #111
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Quote:
what does your dwell settings look like? its possible that you didnt merge files correctly if prompted to and it might have not had info avabiable for coil dwell. That is an easy error to have happen and it pops your ignitor.

is it all maxed out 255 in your dwell?
There should be a limit on dwell in the base software dependng on make so this doesnt happen, something on a Make Specific EMS that should probably be taken into account in some sort of default or setup mode? might be a good idead

Shouldnt the base map have this included already though? ie correct dwelltime

Ignitors frying can get pretty expensive
Old 08-27-2009, 03:57 PM   #112
4x4le
Zilvia FREAK!

while there is no limit it does highlight it to warn you youre possibly about to do something stupid.

If it set limits people would bitch that with (x) coil not enough dwell is allowed
Old 08-27-2009, 08:30 PM   #113
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Quote:
while there is no limit it does highlight it to warn you youre possibly about to do something stupid.

If it set limits people would bitch that with (x) coil not enough dwell is allowed
Well I mean the base map should have the dwell set to stock at least.

I don't think people would bitch about that...maybe they would bitch if it was limiting and wouldnt let them change it.

I mean you can only be soo tard-proof haha
Old 08-27-2009, 08:34 PM   #114
RastaS13
Leaky Injector

RastaS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Im guessing it works along with nissan data scan
Old 08-27-2009, 08:42 PM   #115
4x4le
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve shadows View Post
Well I mean the base map should have the dwell set to stock at least.

I don't think people would bitch about that...maybe they would bitch if it was limiting and wouldnt let them change it.

I mean you can only be soo tard-proof haha
yea, the basemap would have had the correct settings. The only time the dwell could/should get screwed up if if you screw with it or accidenty mess it up not knowing what your doing ect, or if your computer itself allows for the bin file to corrupt while you have it saved and stored on your computer. I had a old bin file I threw on my ecu one time in the past while the engine was running. Either the bin file got corrupted or its one I screwed with and saved or honestly I dont know what happened, but when I loaded it up with the engine running I popped the ignitor.... This was before they had the warning system in place too, but not that it would have mattered, I didnt look over the tune before telling the ecu to run off of it.

Shit happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RastaS13 View Post
Im guessing it works along with nissan data scan
The nistune software does not need it to operate, there is actually no use for it if you have nistune software because nistune has all of the same capabilities.

However if your question is will nissan datascan work on a nistune equipped ecu, the answer is yes, it works just the same as it would on a stock ecu.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:56 PM   #116
KrazyS13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (28)
KrazyS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
I'm lovin all these nistune discussions, very good stuff. I'm trying to learn as much as I can about nistune. I'll be going with nistune on my ka-t build, and will be getting it tuned by AVP. You guys at AVP will hear from me soon.....lol
KrazyS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:08 PM   #117
4x4le
Zilvia FREAK!

cool, if you want to meet sometime hit me up
Old 08-27-2009, 09:18 PM   #118
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
i still need to ship you out the old ECU, and the New ECU with my broken board I hope you can repair it I will like Love You Long Time if you can, I wont the court case by default the owner of the shop that installed ti never showed up. however i'm only getting a refund for the 50$ he charged me to fry my ecu -_-* ill keep in contact with you when im ready to send it out again!!!

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:34 PM   #119
4x4le
Zilvia FREAK!

that depends on the extent of damage done to the board. What I can promise though is in the end you will have a perfectly modified ecu with a working board! We dont guess at how to do installs, We charge $50 with confidence lol.
That situation saddens me though. If you dont have the right equipment and know how dont attempt it, especially when your dealing with someone elses stuff.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:16 PM   #120
SidewayZ-s14
BANNED

Trader Rating: (14)
SidewayZ-s14 will become famous soon enoughSidewayZ-s14 will become famous soon enoughSidewayZ-s14 will become famous soon enoughSidewayZ-s14 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
This may be a bit confusing but here it goes....

I've got 2 ECU's. One is a black WC s14 SR ECU and the other is a red WC s14 SR ECU. The red WC ECU is the ECU that came with my front clip. The black one however i puchased off a forum member with Type 3 NIStune daughter board soldered in.

So my question being, Is there any way possible to get an extra 20+20 way header or to even send out the daughter board and my red WC ECU to have a 20+20 way header soldered in and reflashed to the stock s14 SR setup?

I pretty much want to take out my daughter board from the black WC ECU and have it put in my red WC ECU.

Thanks a million!
SidewayZ-s14 is offline   Reply With Quote