Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Nissan News

Nissan News Nissan related news about the 240sx, Silvia, Z cars, or anything that may be of interest to Zilvia.net

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 09:14 AM   #31
homegaragespl
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
homegaragespl is a splendid one to beholdhomegaragespl is a splendid one to beholdhomegaragespl is a splendid one to beholdhomegaragespl is a splendid one to beholdhomegaragespl is a splendid one to beholdhomegaragespl is a splendid one to beholdhomegaragespl is a splendid one to beholdhomegaragespl is a splendid one to beholdhomegaragespl is a splendid one to beholdhomegaragespl is a splendid one to beholdhomegaragespl is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i can sense the tension here lol.
im not even going to say anything.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:34 AM   #32
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0100 View Post
I don't know man start from the top and read what I wrote and what you wrote. I didn't have an attitude, if anything I think you did. I didn't say overpriced for no reason. I said it because I ment it. You called me out by saying I was on drugs. So I wrote a reply proving that it is overpriced aka an evo IX can be built to outperform it for less money. Now the only way we can prove this is to have a 2 out of 3 battle like I suggested. It would have been fun not for money or anything. Just for fun. I didn't know you weren't actually buying a gt-r. Why didn't you post that after I asked if you wanted to do the 2 out of 3 battle?

What did I fail in researching? I wrote two things that the gt-r is overpriced and that a roller IX could be built for the same (less) and outperform the gt-r. Both are fact. Any new (econo or super) car is overpriced. The minute you roll it off the lot you loose thousands. That is why I never have and never will buy a new car. You get so much more for your money used and even more if you buy a roller and build. So how do we prove that fact that a roller IX can outperform a new gt-r? Going to have to wait till it comes out I guess, but trust me the gt-r will be 1 sec slower in the 1/4 and even further behind on the road course.

Again don't get me wrong I love this new gt-r just wish it wasn't so heavy. In 4-5 years I hope I find a roller.
1. You popped attitude from the get go. Read your own posts carefully. I made ovbservations about the car. Now when your losing the debate you resort to trying to play the old saw of accusing the opponent of the vary thing you yourself are doing.

2. There is no way you can compare a used10k glorified econobox coming from a company that builds crap and is in very bad financial trouble. To a 68k Super Car that smokes Super cars that cost 3-4 times its asking price.
If you had done your research or bothered to do it and quote you would already know the GTR bested the Porsche GT2 at the ring by a whole second around it. Thats no small feat and there is no way a piece of shit EVO IX is going to touch that. I don't think you did any research.

Your reply had no facts in it and did not prove anything except you had an opinion. If your reply had had actual facts backing up its claim people would not have ripped on you.
Saying you are on drugs is not calling you out. You were acting like you were on drugs so its just a stated opinion. If thats all it takes to call you out you have serious issues.

As far as your bet goes that was in your head not mine. I also replied that I was not interested in the bet as well read my replies again.

I may or may not buy a GTR when it comes out. Though I can gurantee due to the limited production run its not going to drop in value. Until Nissan starts mass producing it it just won't happen. Look no further than the NSX for a classic example it dropped in the first two years but then rocketed in value. Because Honda did not do high production run numbers on the car.
There are other cars in this catagory of not losing value as well and all are limited production vehicles.

You are entitled to your opinion as we all are. Though you don't go state your opinion as a fact with out using real facts to back it up and instead spit random numbers you came up with yourself. If you had said IMO everyone would have dismissed your comments as without knowledge but you tried to tell us all that you were right. You had the attitude not us.

All I did was call bullshit on your bullshit. Sorry, if you think thats attitude or it offends or calls you out.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
Old 10-01-2007, 10:58 AM   #33
trsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
trsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
why dont drift freaq get a roller r32 gtr + however it cost to equal a new evo, and you get a new evo and see who would will 2 out of 3.... same arguement..

An old car + lots of cash will almost always take on new car stock performance.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:55 PM   #34
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
yeah so...

10k evo IX roller + 58K in mods > overpriced gt-r

You buying a gt-r? If so, when you do pick it up, how about we do a autox, drag, road course battle? Best 2 out of 3 wins. Then we will see who is on drugs.
I hate this argument. It's so pointless.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:26 PM   #35
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to aznpoopy
Quote:
I wrote two things that the gt-r is overpriced and that a roller IX could be built for the same (less) and outperform the gt-r. Both are fact. Any new (econo or super) car is overpriced. The minute you roll it off the lot you loose thousands. That is why I never have and never will buy a new car.
this is a 240sx forum. therefore, everyone on the forum knows this already

read between the very large lines and look at the GTR for what it is. compare it to cars that are the same i.e. not modded cars.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:40 PM   #36
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
1. You popped attitude from the get go. Read your own posts carefully. I made ovbservations about the car. Now when your losing the debate you resort to trying to play the old saw of accusing the opponent of the vary thing you yourself are doing.

2. There is no way you can compare a used10k glorified econobox coming from a company that builds crap and is in very bad financial trouble. To a 68k Super Car that smokes Super cars that cost 3-4 times its asking price.
If you had done your research or bothered to do it and quote you would already know the GTR bested the Porsche GT2 at the ring by a whole second around it. Thats no small feat and there is no way a piece of shit EVO IX is going to touch that. I don't think you did any research.

Your reply had no facts in it and did not prove anything except you had an opinion. If your reply had had actual facts backing up its claim people would not have ripped on you.
Saying you are on drugs is not calling you out. You were acting like you were on drugs so its just a stated opinion. If thats all it takes to call you out you have serious issues.

As far as your bet goes that was in your head not mine. I also replied that I was not interested in the bet as well read my replies again.

I may or may not buy a GTR when it comes out. Though I can gurantee due to the limited production run its not going to drop in value. Until Nissan starts mass producing it it just won't happen. Look no further than the NSX for a classic example it dropped in the first two years but then rocketed in value. Because Honda did not do high production run numbers on the car.
There are other cars in this catagory of not losing value as well and all are limited production vehicles.

You are entitled to your opinion as we all are. Though you don't go state your opinion as a fact with out using real facts to back it up and instead spit random numbers you came up with yourself. If you had said IMO everyone would have dismissed your comments as without knowledge but you tried to tell us all that you were right. You had the attitude not us.

All I did was call bullshit on your bullshit. Sorry, if you think thats attitude or it offends or calls you out.
Point out when I popped an attitude. Seriously I don't see it. I also can't even believe you are playing this "attitude" card on zilvia. This is fucking zilvia. Man the fuck up! It's a discussion, so counter the argument with something relevant, not I don't want to play anymore this guys has an attitude. Don't confuse someone having a different opinion with attitude.

Quote:
Now when your losing the debate you resort to trying to play the old saw of accusing the opponent of the vary thing you yourself are doing.
What? I want you to quote me where I am doing this. You are starting to fabricate shit now.

Quote:
I wrote this.

Quote:
So how do we prove that fact that a roller IX can outperform a new gt-r? Going to have to wait till it comes out I guess, but trust me the gt-r will be 1 sec slower in the 1/4 and even further behind on the road course.
I don't know man that looks pretty IMO to me. My car and the gt-r are both not on the street yet so of course we don't have cold hard data yet. All we can do is take an educational guess. I told you my guess which is off of similar built evo's and what they run at the strip and road course and what the zo6 and 997tt runs.

Quote:
Dude I love this car discussion stuff, don't be sorry, that is what a debate is. If we both had the same opinion it would be gay.

Quote:
Ok finally something... I agree with you, but I think that is also going to cause it to go for more than $68k at the stealerships. We will have to see, this car excites me a lot I hope it doesn't disappoint. All I know is Porsche is some pissed off germans right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trsilvias13 View Post
why dont drift freaq get a roller r32 gtr + however it cost to equal a new evo, and you get a new evo and see who would will 2 out of 3.... same arguement..

An old car + lots of cash will almost always take on new car stock performance.
^Someone who agrees with my logic.

The above r32 vs new evo goes against my logic though. The new evo in my mind is overpriced. My logic is a r32 roller + however much it cost to equal a new evo, gt-r, 997tt, lambo whatever will outperform it in every way.

I would have looked for an r34 to build but they don't come in lhd and I would suck ass at driving one.

Just as long as you start with a good chassis, skyline, evo, fd, 911, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
I hate this argument. It's so pointless.
Why is it pointless? Very confused... No I am serious tell me why it is pointless. A car is a car and money is money. We are talking about a car that can do x, y , and z better for the same (less) money. If you can make a faster, better handling car cheaper, then why go with a new car.

Don't just say pointless and not back it up. That's like me just saying overpriced. Except I backup my opinion and drift thanks I have an attitude. God forbid I want to settle this in the real world instead of behind a keyboard. Me I actually want to read your attitude, sorry I mean opinion.

Is it because we are talking about a 2006 tubo AWD that can hold a family vs a 2008 turbo AWD that is a 2 seater? Don't even try to tell me the gt-r can hold 4 people. It has a 911 backseat from what I read.

What about a used 996tt or c6 zo6? These can be had for 58k if you hunt. That gives you 10k extra to play with. To use in mods, travel or hookers. I don't know about you but I would take the 996 and hookers. Although I don't think you would have to pay for a slut with that car.

TougeHero.com l SilviaV8forums.com
Old 10-01-2007, 05:19 PM   #37
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
I wouldn't compare a Z06 to the GT-R IMO....I <3 both cars, but I think the Z06 is in a different league vs. the GT-R (hp/chassis/drivetrain layout).

I can't wait to see the Corvette ZR1!!!
Old 10-01-2007, 09:48 PM   #38
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
ah.... the age old: why buy a new car when you can make a toaster run 3's for the same money. why? because we don't want toasters. that's why this argument is pointless. and off-topic, beyond that.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:00 PM   #39
Zilvia FREAK!

0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute
fd toaster
Old 10-01-2007, 11:04 PM   #40
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Ok this is it 0100 you have been popping attitude with your very idea of making a 10k car with a bunch of upgrades beat a brand new almost 500hp supercar that pretty much kicks ass from all the reports on it. Now if you can't see that your lost.
Second off you started this shit not I. Your ego will not let you back down either. As far as manning up goes. I have never backed down and have been winning this debate with actual points and facts. You have done nothing but through pure speculation out based on what you think. No facts .
Do not put words in my mouth, No where in this debate did I back down and your comment about me not wanting to play anymore is pure bullshit on your part and pretty much par for the course with you.
I have not fabricated anything, just pointed out what your doing. Though the fact that you said I too was starting to fabricate shit, pretty much means you admit your full of shit and that your off base. You lose, game over.
Now instead of conceding you have lost the debate you start trying to throw other cars into the mix.
Fact is your ego for your car pretty much made you mouth off in this thread when we were discussing the GTR . Thats Attitude any way you look at it and you have lost.
End of discussion.

P.S. in wishing to keep this thread from going any more off topic I am done here. I proved my points I have nothing more to say on this subject.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
Old 10-01-2007, 11:53 PM   #41
silviatunersr20
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (35)
silviatunersr20 has much to be proud ofsilviatunersr20 has much to be proud ofsilviatunersr20 has much to be proud ofsilviatunersr20 has much to be proud ofsilviatunersr20 has much to be proud ofsilviatunersr20 has much to be proud ofsilviatunersr20 has much to be proud ofsilviatunersr20 has much to be proud ofsilviatunersr20 has much to be proud ofsilviatunersr20 has much to be proud ofsilviatunersr20 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Ok lets take an intermission and learn something...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OebtcCGSg1U[/ame]
Old 10-02-2007, 12:40 AM   #42
Zilvia FREAK!

^Already knew that gt-r info, but the new F1 I did not know about. Nice!

Quote:
Ok this is it 0100 you have been popping attitude with your very idea of making a 10k car with a bunch of upgrades beat a brand new almost 500hp supercar that pretty much kicks ass from all the reports on it. Now if you can't see that your lost.
Still playing the attitude card, what is that the third time you posted this. lol why does that even matter? Let's make it easy. I have an attitude, now I don't have to read another gay post from you whining about my attitude.

Quote:
Second off you started this shit not I. Your ego will not let you back down either. As far as manning up goes. I have never backed down and have been winning this debate with actual points and facts.
I started a debate on price, yeah and guess what the title of this thread is. Why am I going to back down, we are still debating. The man up was in reference to you bitching about someones "attitude" on zilvia. That is just laughable.

Quote:
You have done nothing but through pure speculation out based on what you think. No facts .
I already said I was basing this on an educational guess. Both cars are not on the road yet. I can only go by my past track experiences, builds and similar built cars. What facts have you posted?

Quote:
I have not fabricated anything, just pointed out what your doing. Though the fact that you said I too was starting to fabricate shit, pretty much means you admit your full of shit and that your off base. You lose, game over.
You stated this:

Quote:
Now when your losing the debate you resort to trying to play the old saw of accusing the opponent of the vary thing you yourself are doing.
That my man is fabrication, and you have yet to quote me where I did this.

Quote:
Now instead of conceding you have lost the debate you start trying to throw other cars into the mix.
Do you know how to read? Seriously, I am really starting to wonder. I was responding to trsilvias13 comment "An old car + lots of cash will almost always take on a new car stock performance." I agreed with this and posted any good chassis can be built into a great car aka skyline, evo, fd, 911, etc.

Then I brought up the 996tt and zo6 in regards to exitspeeds post. Also brought up the 996tt and zo6 as they are in similar performance and price to the new gt-r. Need to compare the car to something and not just the 997tt.

Quote:
Fact is your ego for your car pretty much made you mouth off in this thread when we were discussing the GTR . Thats Attitude any way you look at it and you have lost.
End of discussion.
Yup I have an ego and a hard on for my car. Now please no more bitching about my ego. I know lot's of cars that will destroy my built evo, but a stock $68k gt-r I can guarantee will not be one of them.

Quote:
P.S. in wishing to keep this thread from going any more off topic I am done here. I proved my points I have nothing more to say on this subject.
You have not proven shit. Will the gt-r do low 10's? BTW I am developing my car for the mountain and road course not the 1/4, so if the gt-r can't beat the evo in the 1/4 IMO I don't think it will have a chance in hell in any other battle.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:07 AM   #43
bamaboy
Zilvia FREAK!

bamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfection
I love how people all the time point out that they can take and old ass car and build it to beat a new car. No shit, but you are still left driving a shit box that isn't worth anything and the GTr owner would be driving something new, nice, with a warranty, and it would be worth something even though it has depreciated considerably. This argument can be said about any old ass car.

Quote:
Right now you are my biggest fan. You are to me what a sex tape is to Paris Hilton, not the best publicity in the world, but at least I'm on people's mind and it has something to do with a pussy!!! HAAHAAAAAAA
Old 10-02-2007, 10:43 AM   #44
trsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
trsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
FYI ..I agree more with drift freaq than 0100..

The GTR is what it is and it just a great car.. I want to see # and how it does in real life.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:09 AM   #45
iampachino
Leaky Injector

iampachino is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to iampachino
GTR will probably only increase in value after five years or so. Any cant we all just get along
Old 10-02-2007, 12:52 PM   #46
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaboy View Post
I love how people all the time point out that they can take and old ass car and build it to beat a new car. No shit, but you are still left driving a shit box that isn't worth anything and the GTr owner would be driving something new, nice, with a warranty, and it would be worth something even though it has depreciated considerably. This argument can be said about any old ass car.
I still can't believe you guys think a 911, evo, fd, skyline are "shit boxes", "glorified econoboxes", and "toasters". The CT9A (evo) chassis is amazing. Mitsubishi has been developing the evo since 92 to compete in the WRC. They have put a lot of r&d into it. Just because they and subaru came up with the bright idea to still make money on what would have been a low production chassis by sell it with crap parts as a lancer and impreza. Just like what nissan does with the skyline. You can't compare a lancer and evo not even close in any way. Have you ever taken an evo apart. The VIII/IX is amazing. All 10 suspension arms are forged aluminum. Not a fan of the brembo brakes but that is an easy 20min upgrade. The 4g63 can handle 500hp and built 1000hp.

I really don't get it... you call an 06 an "old ass car". So an 06 zo6 is an "old ass car".

Let's say a stock gt-r can run similar lap times as a "old ass" stock c6 z06. This is as close as I can get to real life numbers for the gt-r.

Stock c6 Zo6 does 1m 05 sec lap times at lime rock park
Semi built evo VIII does 57sec lap times at lime rock park
57sec evo video> [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhD9ozlf9Xk[/ame]

That was a GT3 cup car it went by...

I can post evo's doing 8's in the 1/4 but that is gay. I hate the 1/4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iampachino View Post
GTR will probably only increase in value after five years or so. Any cant we all just get along
I wouldn't count on it, but who knows. Do you know what a new zo6 went for when it came out and what you can get one for today? There is a reason why 99% of car collectors who are in it for investment don't own new cars. We are getting along I just have a very different opinion on the entire car market.

Old 10-02-2007, 01:15 PM   #47
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
what we're saying is that in 5 years when you can get an 2008 gt-r for 40K, you'll still be sitting here saying: blah. forget the 2013 gt-r. the old gt-r with a big turbo can make more power and go faster for less money.

it doesn't end. the argument, while valid, is like comparing a new apple to a half eaten and reconstructed apple. whatever floats your boat.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:13 PM   #48
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taniguchi_Is_#1 View Post
what we're saying is that in 5 years when you can get an 2008 gt-r for 40K, you'll still be sitting here saying: blah. forget the 2013 gt-r. the old gt-r with a big turbo can make more power and go faster for less money.

it doesn't end. the argument, while valid, is like comparing a new apple to a half eaten and reconstructed apple. whatever floats your boat.
I agree, yes it will never end. Manufactures will continue to come out with new cars which will be driven in the real world. Unlike the car magazines who only compare it to same model years. I already can see the 08 997 vs 08 gt-r vs 08 zo6 on the cover of every car mag. Real life is a total different ball game. You have to deal with new, old, and fully built apples. Why just compare new apples? It's not real life. Especially when fully built apples are cheaper. What floats my boat is being honest with my dollar. Before I drop big money into a car I am going to make sure I am getting the best bang for the buck. I know before I decided to go the route I did, I was looking at used 996tt's, zo6's, 930's, built e36 with ls7, built fd with ls7, new gt-r, new m3, and built evo. I came to my decision after crunching cost numbers, time slips, lap times and looking at tons of articles on these used and future cars. In the real world I feel the new m3 and gt-r are overpriced performance wise in the current market. 996tt very expensive to fix so it got overpriced, but it's not too bad and looks like sex. A used zo6 I think is well priced but only a 2 seater so it was a no go for me. fd 2 seater so no go. I really kinda wish I went with building an e36 m3 with ls7, as I could have done it even cheaper and faster than the evo, but it's not awd. Never had an awd car before so went the evo route.

What cars would you compare the gt-r to if you had $68k to drop?

Old 10-03-2007, 01:31 AM   #49
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Jeez, why dont we just lock you two in a room and give each one of you a torque wrench for weapons? Who ever walks out wins...

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
Old 10-03-2007, 03:33 AM   #50
majuljo
Zilvia Member

majuljo is a glorious beacon of lightmajuljo is a glorious beacon of lightmajuljo is a glorious beacon of lightmajuljo is a glorious beacon of lightmajuljo is a glorious beacon of lightmajuljo is a glorious beacon of lightmajuljo is a glorious beacon of lightmajuljo is a glorious beacon of lightmajuljo is a glorious beacon of lightmajuljo is a glorious beacon of lightmajuljo is a glorious beacon of light
wow that was fun to read!!! i think this is just a battle of opinion. there is no right or wrong. IMO i can see both sides. it would be cool to build a used car up and romp on cars that i personally couldn't afford, but then how cool would it be to roll up in the new GT-R bone stock capable of 500hp and having the nice warranty and nice new interior and all that stuff. its all a matter of opinion and if this bet ever happens i would love to see it!!
Old 10-03-2007, 08:13 AM   #51
osiriskidd

osiriskidd is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by majuljo View Post
wow that was fun to read!!! i think this is just a battle of opinion. there is no right or wrong. IMO i can see both sides. it would be cool to build a used car up and romp on cars that i personally couldn't afford, but then how cool would it be to roll up in the new GT-R bone stock capable of 500hp and having the nice warranty and nice new interior and all that stuff. its all a matter of opinion and if this bet ever happens i would love to see it!!
different folks different strokes man. some like classic cars and will build one to run beautifully. some like beatiful new cars because they're fans of the car's legacy.

same reason i would buy a modded 240 instead of a beater 240 and building it. all the works done and i can just enjoy it.

however, i do agree that buying the car straight outta the dealership is a tad ovedoing it. cause they price will drop dramatically after a couple months.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:10 AM   #52
Yuri
Ghost of Zilvia past

Yuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfection
Quote:
What cars would you compare the gt-r to if you had $68k to drop?
Probably nothing new, I bought a new Evo, and traded it in a 10-year old Jag.
There's a lot of cool stuff to be had on the market.
I wouldn't mind a new 135i when they come out, but then for the same price, you can get an E46 M3...
I could afford a new GTR when they drop, but the automatic turns me off.
Plus I wouldn't want to spend more than $50k on a new car.

But if I had $68k, here are my 3 alternative choices, found by a quick search on auto trader.

So, GTR.... or Ferrari F355? Guess which one will be the lady magnet?

GTR.... or Lotus Elise and E46 M3?
Because sometimes having just one badass car isn't enough.

And finally, my favorite, GTR... or fleet of semi exotics, including an S4 for getting the groceries, and $5k left over.

A GTR is cool, and wickedly fast, but so was the Evo when it first came out.
In 5 years, you'll just have a used nissan, that's probably obsolete at that point, whereas Ferraris, Lotus, etc., are still cool, even used...
Old 10-03-2007, 12:36 PM   #53
tacotacotaco
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
tacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tacotacotaco
68k id buy a 240 fix it up a lil then travel the world. If you need a hot car to pick up a hot girl is just like playing with a different handicap .Of course easy cheap pookangkang you get with the help from a car just means you can runaway quicker when your done.

On another note if i was a highend tuning shop spitting one of these out in a full race trim would probably note you quick into the emerging market group which if your doin right would net profits in the future or just of the start noteriety. Thats the only way id buy one right off the bat.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:47 PM   #54
kouki_s14
Zilvia FREAK!

kouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kouki_s14
Quote:
I still can't believe you guys think a 911, evo, fd, skyline are "shit boxes", "glorified econoboxes", and "toasters". The CT9A (evo) chassis is amazing. Mitsubishi has been developing the evo since 92 to compete in the WRC. They have put a lot of r&d into it. Just because they and subaru came up with the bright idea to still make money on what would have been a low production chassis by sell it with crap parts as a lancer and impreza. Just like what nissan does with the skyline. You can't compare a lancer and evo not even close in any way. Have you ever taken an evo apart. The VIII/IX is amazing. All 10 suspension arms are forged aluminum. Not a fan of the brembo brakes but that is an easy 20min upgrade. The 4g63 can handle 500hp and built 1000hp.

I really don't get it... you call an 06 an "old ass car". So an 06 zo6 is an "old ass car".

Let's say a stock gt-r can run similar lap times as a "old ass" stock c6 z06. This is as close as I can get to real life numbers for the gt-r.

Stock c6 Zo6 does 1m 05 sec lap times at lime rock park
Semi built evo VIII does 57sec lap times at lime rock park
Dam what is with you and the evos, isnt this a 240 forum?

Anyway, the point most people are making is that, do you really want to drive a fully caged car with spring rates reaching double digits, maybe no interior, an exhaust that will give you a headach, a clutch pedal that will make your left leg unproportional to your right, unbelievably loud road noise(considering interior is stripped with no sound deadening), a motor that runs so stupidly hot that you cant use your A/C(maybe some moderately warm days u can, but try a 110-120 degrees days), etc. The list goes on, not to mention all your mods are probably not street legal.

You pay the 68k for a car that can run on the track pretty dam well AND afterwards you can drive it home playing music with A/C on full blast LEGALLY. It wont break your back since the suspension isnt Zeal SuperFunctions. It's a daily driver, sure you can build an older car to beat it on that track, but why? I would be happy to drive a car to a track and drive it home, none of that towing crap. You're missing the whole point of the GTR, it's not meant to be a pure track beast. It has to have a balance of a street and track monster. That is what people will pay $68k for. IMO lol
Old 10-03-2007, 01:56 PM   #55
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
I like Yuri's thought process. Whenever I day dream about winning the lottery I always think about what cars I'd buy. Yea I'd have a handful of exotics, but the majority of my cars would be cars that I just like, that are maybe rare or just a personal favorite car.

And for the record, I would take a new GTR over a 10 second Evo any day. And believe it or not the Evo has always been one of my favorite cars. Evo 6's are my fav.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:51 PM   #56
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kouki_s14 View Post
Dam what is with you and the evos, isnt this a 240 forum?

Anyway, the point most people are making is that, do you really want to drive a fully caged car with spring rates reaching double digits, maybe no interior, an exhaust that will give you a headach, a clutch pedal that will make your left leg unproportional to your right, unbelievably loud road noise(considering interior is stripped with no sound deadening), a motor that runs so stupidly hot that you cant use your A/C(maybe some moderately warm days u can, but try a 110-120 degrees days), etc. The list goes on, not to mention all your mods are probably not street legal.

You pay the 68k for a car that can run on the track pretty dam well AND afterwards you can drive it home playing music with A/C on full blast LEGALLY. It wont break your back since the suspension isnt Zeal SuperFunctions. It's a daily driver, sure you can build an older car to beat it on that track, but why? I would be happy to drive a car to a track and drive it home, none of that towing crap. You're missing the whole point of the GTR, it's not meant to be a pure track beast. It has to have a balance of a street and track monster. That is what people will pay $68k for. IMO lol
No it's a z and 240 forum both of which I currently own and are project cars. Why are we talking about a gtr then. lol I brought up the evo because like I said that is the car I choose over the others in that price and performance range. One being the gt-r. To be honest I think a built evo is probably the best car to compare the new gt-r to.

What other AWD car would you compare the gt-r to in this price range?

I never said anything about doing any of that. My car will be road legal, with full interior, abs, air bags, and no cage. It's been documented that you can still get the car down to 3000lbs. I will NOT be towing this to the track. I did that for years and that is why I went with a 4 door that can carry the entire family to the track. Can you do that in the gt-r???? I have driven in evo's with the ohlin flag coilovers and you can set them to ride like a bmw. I am not exagerating either. Expensive but worth every penny.

http://2009gtr.blogspot.com/2007/10/...-in-japan.html

* Schedule Point Check Maintenance: 5,000 JPY ($43 USD) - undertray multi point check
* Car Inspection: 200,000 JPY ($1727 USD)
* Oil Change: 25,000 JPY ($216 USD) - 100% synthetic oil
* Oil + Oil Element Change: 29,000 JPY ($250 USD) - include oil cooler service + undertray multi point check
* Transmission & Differential Oil Change: 100,000 JPY ($864 USD) - include undertray multi point check
* Brake Pad Change (all 4): 400,000 JPY ($3500 USD) - pad change + rotor service
* Tire Change (all 4): 460,000 JPY ($4000 USD) - specially developed 20" run flat tires

Old 10-03-2007, 08:24 PM   #57
kouki_s14
Zilvia FREAK!

kouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kouki_s14
Quote:
No it's a z and 240 forum both of which I currently own and are project cars.
Dont get technical, the majority of members own 240s, same thing. But thats irrelevant

Quote:
Why are we talking about a gtr then. lol
It's in the Nissan news section and it's in the title.

Quote:
I brought up the evo because like I said that is the car I choose over the others in that price and performance range. One being the gt-r. To be honest I think a built evo is probably the best car to compare the new gt-r to.
Remember it's a Nissan 240sx and Z forum(apparently), so praising a Evo is getting you no where. I like Evos too, dont get me wrong, but i see the GTR in a whole other league. So comparing them makes no sense to me.

Quote:
What other AWD car would you compare the gt-r to in this price range?
Who said it had to be compared to an AWD in its price range? I think if people are comparing it to something like the 911, then that shows something about the car regardless of price.

Quote:
I never said anything about doing any of that. My car will be road legal, with full interior, abs, air bags, and no cage. It's been documented that you can still get the car down to 3000lbs.
You can go ahead and do that, then show us how comfortable/luxurious it will be compared to the GTR.

Quote:
I will NOT be towing this to the track. I did that for years and that is why I went with a 4 door that can carry the entire family to the track. Can you do that in the gt-r????
Who said any of us needed to bring a family to the track? You're getting off topic here.

Quote:
I have driven in evo's with the ohlin flag coilovers and you can set them to ride like a bmw. I am not exagerating either. Expensive but worth every penny.
Other suspension components also contribute to ride quality and $4000 coilovers isnt going to be enough to keep up.

Quote:

* Schedule Point Check Maintenance: 5,000 JPY ($43 USD) - undertray multi point check
* Oil + Oil Element Change: 29,000 JPY ($250 USD) - include oil cooler service + undertray multi point check
* Transmission & Differential Oil Change: 100,000 JPY ($864 USD) - include undertray multi point check
* Brake Pad Change (all 4): 400,000 JPY ($3500 USD) - pad change + rotor service
* Tire Change (all 4): 460,000 JPY ($4000 USD) - specially developed 20" run flat tires

Um who here is really going to take their car to the dealership to get serviced?

You didnt address my point on the power of the evo. I know power doesnt matter much on the track, but im pretty sure stock trim is not going to cut it against a GTR(negating difference in driver skill/experience). Is it really going to be able to take the extra heat with the upgraded components? Can you really still use the AC with the extra heat? How reliable is the car going to be with all the upgrades? Can it last 100,000+ miles without shooting a piston out the side of the block?
I doubt a stock Evo can even finish a lap on the Nur without burning through its clutch, but that's probably Mitsubishi's fault. That still tells a bit of the engineering that has gone into the car.....

Again my point is, the car should be balanced and can you truly achieve that balance that the GTR has with an Evo? Nissan spent years and millions trying to do it and IMO, they got pretty dam close, so IMO it is worth $68,000. Now thinking you can take a rolling Evo shell with 60k and replicate what Nissan did, then you're a little overly optimistic dont you think?
Old 10-03-2007, 11:36 PM   #58
phreze
Zilvia Addict

phreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to phreze
:ghey:
Quote:

:ghey: This is the states not Japan. We don't pay $100 for mangos and $25 for a peice of chocolate. Who the hell is going to buy stock tires for $4,000 or $216 for an oil change.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:36 PM   #59
Slam
Zilvia Member

Slam has a spectacular aura aboutSlam has a spectacular aura aboutSlam has a spectacular aura aboutSlam has a spectacular aura aboutSlam has a spectacular aura aboutSlam has a spectacular aura about
Many of you guys have probably seen this already, but here is an article about the GT-R going head to head vs. the 911 Turbo.
911 turbo performance for about half the price?

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/09/22/r...dvantage-gt-r/

Old 10-04-2007, 12:03 AM   #60
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Dont get technical, the majority of members own 240s, same thing. But thats irrelevant
Haha sorry had to bust your balls on that. What do like two people on here own 240z's. lol

Quote:
Remember it's a Nissan 240sx and Z forum(apparently), so praising a Evo is getting you no where. I like Evos too, dont get me wrong, but i see the GTR in a whole other league. So comparing them makes no sense to me.
I brought the evo up in a 240 forum, sub nissan news forum, because I was comparing the evo to the gt-r. That is like me saying why are you bringing up the 911. The car needs to be compared against something other than a nissan, I just happen to think a built evo compares very well to the gt-r. Obviously many don't.

Quote:
Who said it had to be compared to an AWD in its price range? I think if people are comparing it to something like the 911, then that shows something about the car regardless of price.
The car needs to be compared to other cars we all know this and we all have different opinions on what to compare it to. I already listed the cars I would compare it to. I think price and AWD should be on the top of the list. I would not unlike a lot of others (magazines included) compare it to the 997tt. Performance is similar but the price is way too different. IMO not the best car to compare. I was in the market for a gt-r but no way in hell was I in the market for a 997tt.

Quote:
You can go ahead and do that, then show us how comfortable/luxurious it will be compared to the GTR.
Well it's going to be a stock interior evo. I think it's comfortable not luxurious. I will still be way under the 68k price so I could have custom leather, nav, stereo blah blah but that is not me. Why would you even want a gt-r lux? One of the reasons why it's 800 lbs heavier than a evo. It went lux which I really wish it didn't, but is a pro for some.

Quote:
Who said any of us needed to bring a family to the track? You're getting off topic here.
Just pointing out one of the pro's of the evo build vs gt-r just as you pointed out the lux pro with the gt-r. You have to list all the pros and cons when comparing, and no back seat is a huge con for me. Not everyone has a family or even wants a back seat. So a backseat may be a con for someone else. Going to VIR that is 10+hr drive in one car is a huge pro for me.

Quote:
Other suspension components also contribute to ride quality and $4000 coilovers isnt going to be enough to keep up.
No I am not kidding these aren't like jdm coilovers, with the double adjustability you can get the car to ride very nice. Way way nicer than a stock evo.

Keep up where... on the mountain and track? The entire suspension is being done over bushings, swaybars, adjustable front and rear arms. 305/30 18 on all 4 courners. That is a total of 48" of rubber. What is the width of the gt-r tires? I haven't seen any info on that. I am really curious. I will be running close to the same size rotors and calipers as the gt-r. 3000 vs 3800 with same brakes means I can brake way later and deeper. Also tires, pads, and brake fluid will start to fade faster at the track/mountain with a heavier car.

Quote:
Um who here is really going to take their car to the dealership to get serviced?
No but the price for replacement parts are going to be on par with other super cars. That pad rotor service scares the hell out of me. I wonder how much is labor. That should be a 1/2 hr job tops.

Quote:
You didnt address my point on the power of the evo. I know power doesnt matter much on the track, but im pretty sure stock trim is not going to cut it against a GTR(negating difference in driver skill/experience). Is it really going to be able to take the extra heat with the upgraded components? Can you really still use the AC with the extra heat? How reliable is the car going to be with all the upgrades? Can it last 100,000+ miles without shooting a piston out the side of the block?
I doubt a stock Evo can even finish a lap on the Nur without burning through its clutch, but that's probably Mitsubishi's fault. That still tells a bit of the engineering that has gone into the car.....
I don't want to release info on my engine or hp figures yet, but trust me when I say built evo I mean it in every sense of the word. I am not fucking around with this car. Engine builder is charging me 8k and that is built to the max. Basically he can't charge me any more because there is nothing left to upgrade. lol That is for a IX long block that is rated for 1100hp for drag and 800hp endurance road racing. I won't be running 800hp but I will say it's going to be more than the evo gt-r.

Quote:
Again my point is, the car should be balanced and can you truly achieve that balance that the GTR has with an Evo? Nissan spent years and millions trying to do it and IMO, they got pretty dam close, so IMO it is worth $68,000. Now thinking you can take a rolling Evo shell with 60k and replicate what Nissan did, then you're a little overly optimistic dont you think?
I might be optimistic, I guess we will find out in 08. I will be sure to post incar track laps and time slips. For me it so much fun doing the research and work on your own car and have it perform well. I know if I am passing a gt-r at the track I will be on cloud nine because of all the work I did. A driver in a gt-r passing me in my toaster evo wont even have a second thought.

I didn't call my project, hippiekiller for nothing. I am preparing for war and I hope the 08 cars rolling of the stealership lots are also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phreze View Post
:ghey:

:ghey: This is the states not Japan. We don't pay $100 for mangos and $25 for a peice of chocolate. Who the hell is going to buy stock tires for $4,000 or $216 for an oil change.
Just posting what I found take it for what it is, but looks like rotors are going to be $$$. With 20 and 21 wheels, tires are not going to be cheap and race rubber is going to be insane. Going to see guys running 19" wheels for the track just to get good rubber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slam View Post
Many of you guys have probably seen this already, but here is an article about the GT-R going head to head vs. the 911 Turbo.
911 turbo performance for about half the price?
Did you see my article. EVO with gt-r performance for half the price. Sorry that was a bad joke. I know porsche must be so pissed about the gt-r.

Closed Thread