Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-06-2009, 04:02 PM   #181
turboh224g
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
turboh224g is making a name for him/her selfturboh224g is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
We are probably going to lower the car more at some point. We are eventually going to upgrade to some nice PBM parts but we have to wait until the budget will allow. Right now the big motor is #1 on our list. The 10 inch wheels fit pretty well with the overfenders. We do not want to run spacers because of the additional stress added to everything in the drive line. The car is fully stitch welded and stiff as hell so we don't want to risk breaking anything just to have the wheels look better.
JKP
turboh224g is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2009, 10:03 AM   #182
noname7198
Zilvia Junkie

noname7198 is a splendid one to beholdnoname7198 is a splendid one to beholdnoname7198 is a splendid one to beholdnoname7198 is a splendid one to beholdnoname7198 is a splendid one to beholdnoname7198 is a splendid one to beholdnoname7198 is a splendid one to beholdnoname7198 is a splendid one to beholdnoname7198 is a splendid one to beholdnoname7198 is a splendid one to beholdnoname7198 is a splendid one to behold
We started getting ready to fab up the manifold. We are making a stainless top mount for the gt3071r turbo.
We started by bolting on a head flange and taking some measurements for the turbo flange (the steel flanges are only being used for mock up, stainless will be used on the actual manifold).

Then we set the turbo flange and welded supports to hold it in place.

We bolted on the turbo and everything looks good so far.

The next step is to make a jig and fab up the runners.
noname7198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:34 AM   #183
s14unimog
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (22)
s14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s14unimog
What a project; looks like you have some awesome fabrication skills. I guess if I had to offer any criticism it would be about that V-mount. Why not do a liquid to air cooler if you were going to go all out like that... As terrible as my reason sounds, once I get over my love for a big front mount, I'm going to do a water-air system on mine. They're just better, hands down.

SHIFTlock_slide to side

d3m3rs0n: if i have a baby im naming it Brandons Fault Emerson
s14unimog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:36 AM   #184
noname7198
Zilvia Junkie

noname7198 is a splendid one to beholdnoname7198 is a splendid one to beholdnoname7198 is a splendid one to beholdnoname7198 is a splendid one to beholdnoname7198 is a splendid one to beholdnoname7198 is a splendid one to beholdnoname7198 is a splendid one to beholdnoname7198 is a splendid one to beholdnoname7198 is a splendid one to beholdnoname7198 is a splendid one to beholdnoname7198 is a splendid one to behold
I realize it’s been almost a year since our last update. My excuse is that I moved to california for a couple months and when I came back I just drove the car and fixed it when it broke. Here’s a quick recap of 2010:

January through March 2010: I was in CA. Car sat with a leaking sr.

April: I drove 2800 miles from San Diego to Philly in 2.5 days, spent the next two days getting the car ready, swapping in a new SR and installing a K-sport hydraulic hand brake. We literally started the car for the first time Friday around 5pm and finished bleeding the brakes at Maple Grove Saturday morning before taking the car out for it’s first drift event of the season.

Crappy vid of the maple grove event and some pics:

YouTube - Chris Diamond 4/24/10

In May, at ECB, I slid of track and ran over my front bumper, so that’s missing in most of the pics. I spent the rest of the year driving and breaking stuff.

In June we finally put the bigger fn’s on with spacers and got an alignment at RT Tuning.

Looks so much better:

Overall the car ran much better this year. Had some issues with over heating early in the year. Replaced the radiator with a new one from megan racing and haven’t had a problem since. I broke 3 cheap toe arms so I replaced all the suspension arms with PBM stuff. I don’t have any pics of that install, but I’m sure we’ll get some up later.
This is a straight cheap toe arm, the 2nd cheap ebay one that almost cracked in half, and the pbm arm for comparison:

The last event I did was at the Allentown Expo center at a BMW show. Not my finest moment:

Basically I hit a curb and landed in a ditch. Ripped off the body kit, broke another toe rod, bent the quarter panel in a couple inches, and a coolant line tore when the motor slammed back into the firewall. This happened on the first turn of my first run, so we were able to get it back together enough to get it back out there. My shot at redemption:

YouTube - M2U00012.MPG

The front right wheel was shaking pretty bad after that too. I replaced all the adjustable arms with PBM parts and now the car is at RT Tuning getting knuckles (more angle) and an alignment.

So that’s about it. We’re going to start a new thread for the winter rebuild (probably gonna wait until we actually start the rebuild). The plan is a new motor, gt3071r, and, thanks to ChaserAero, a new body kit and hood. I’m sure there will be some other changes to come as well.

Some pics from this season:

Drift Car pictures by noname7198 - Photobucket

And a couple videos:

May night moves:

YouTube - Night Moves 5/26/10

September Freedom Moves:

YouTube - Freedom Moves
Old 10-15-2010, 11:41 AM   #185
wannabdr1ftr
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
wannabdr1ftr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
cant wait to see the rebuild
Old 10-15-2010, 01:27 PM   #186
BoostSlideWayz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
BoostSlideWayz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BoostSlideWayz Send a message via Yahoo to BoostSlideWayz
this is a cool build.. im building my drift car but unfortunately i dont have any source of welding or know anyone that welds. i wish i could seam weld my chassis but thats probably not gonna happen.. i think the previous owner crashed my car cuz i noticed the left side of the subframe has alittle bent peice thats not even welded to the chassis.. so idk how ima get that fixed lol.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:28 PM   #187
turboh224g
Zilvia Member

turboh224g is making a name for him/her selfturboh224g is making a name for him/her self
I did all of the fab and 90% of the welding on this car. I am mostly self taught. I had some help from a buddy that took some classes at a tech school and helped with the basics. After that is was playing around until I figured it out. The Miller I use was only like $600 plus a mask and bottle. If you ask me it is the best investment you will make. If you are an enthusiast and likely to stay in the sport just learn how to do it yourself. When you fuck up ask someone here what you are doing wrong and than do it again. Welding is not rocket science but it is incredibly usefull.
JKP
Old 10-16-2010, 03:30 AM   #188
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
Bro looks like you are having fun with your car and honestly that's what it's all about. so from me you get two big thumbs up!

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 09:58 AM   #189
noname7198
Zilvia Junkie

This will be the last update before the rebuild starts.

Here’s a couple shots of the PBM suspension arms installed and the RT Tuning knuckles:

Club Loose is awesome and decided to put on an end of the year clinic, so I got a chance to try out the new knuckles. This was my favorite event of the year. I got a lot of help from some really great drivers and got a lot more comfortable in the car. This was also my first attempt at tandem drifting. Here’s a couple pics and a video from the clinic:

YouTube - ClubLoose Clinic 2010

You may have noticed in the video that the back of my car is a little banged up. Basically the guy in front of me spun and since I’m a noob my natural reaction was to slam on the brakes. That left the guy behind me with no where to go and this happened:

So now it’s time to tear it down and start the rebuild

Old 11-28-2010, 06:54 AM   #190
turboh224g
Zilvia Member

I asked Jamie for one thing before the last event "Please don't completely destroy the car before the winter". As you can see he didn't listen. Oh well. At least I have a couple of months to get it back together. Bigger crash bars are definately a must. See ya next season.
JKP
Old 01-03-2011, 06:05 PM   #191
noname7198
Zilvia Junkie

This thread kinda died when I actually started driving the car. I'm not going to update here anymore, but I started a new thread in the chat section to show what we're doing this Winter. Check it out and let us know what you think.

http://zilvia.net/f/chat/360611-drif...ml#post3809732
Old 01-08-2011, 05:46 AM   #192
HPKMotorsports3
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
HPKMotorsports3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
sweet build man... it was shock and awe the whole time reading this great work
HPKMotorsports3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:03 PM   #193
SaVAgES14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
SaVAgES14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
What ever happened to this build?
SaVAgES14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:58 PM   #194
GorditoBlanco

Trader Rating: (0)
GorditoBlanco is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
^^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by noname7198 View Post
This thread kinda died when I actually started driving the car. I'm not going to update here anymore, but I started a new thread in the chat section to show what we're doing this Winter. Check it out and let us know what you think.

http://zilvia.net/f/chat/360611-drif...ml#post3809732

^ That's why this thread is not updated.
GorditoBlanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 06:20 PM   #195
Pinggg
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
Pinggg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaVAgES14 View Post
What ever happened to this build?
but seriously why bring up a old thread..
Pinggg is offline   Reply With Quote