Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 10:43 PM   #931
WONTONnPHO
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
WONTONnPHO is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
and its not lookin good for legalization
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2007, 11:50 PM   #932
StaticX27
Zilvia Junkie

StaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond repute
Thats because its a dead idea. Only option left is to go through BAR, and we all know how well that usually goes.
Old 08-18-2007, 02:50 PM   #933
Emp123
Leaky Injector

Emp123 is an unknown quantity at this point
While legalizing the SR is deadish, legalizing the KA-T is not. Why make a new thread when there is already a 30+ page thread on legalizing engines?
Old 08-18-2007, 02:52 PM   #934
Chaws15
Zilvia Junkie

Chaws15 is close to perfectionChaws15 is close to perfectionChaws15 is close to perfectionChaws15 is close to perfectionChaws15 is close to perfectionChaws15 is close to perfectionChaws15 is close to perfectionChaws15 is close to perfectionChaws15 is close to perfectionChaws15 is close to perfectionChaws15 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emp123 View Post
While legalizing the SR is deadish, legalizing the KA-T is not. Why make a new thread when there is already a 30+ page thread on legalizing engines?

Because it's a JDM-spec thread as opposed to USDM KA thread.

They both deal with different obstacles, some that are KA-specific.
Old 08-18-2007, 03:15 PM   #935
racer98
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (128)
racer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 128 reviews
Send a message via AIM to racer98 Send a message via MSN to racer98
Problem what need to happen for an SR to be legal.

its such an amazing ammount of bs that is needed to be legally kicked around, I would sugest all of those who are involved and want to be involved in this would need a lot of work to be thrown into this idea.

1) do we have an enviromental lawyer involved ?

2) are we going for 50 state or 49 state legal ?

3) Did those who want to pursue this would like to get some sort of legislative change involved. IE : Limited use weekend cars or make some sort of exemption for modified production cars ?

4) Who will be the emission state ref certified test center.

but as other have mentioned. KA would only be the legal way to go ! .
Old 08-18-2007, 03:18 PM   #936
racer98
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (128)
racer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 128 reviews
Send a message via AIM to racer98 Send a message via MSN to racer98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaws15 View Post
What does it take to get it EPA approved? My guess is we need some heavy testing of the engine, which means lots of trials, lots of equipment, and lots of money.

All I can picture in my head right now are the Shell lab dudes.

I would love to get my hands on a Sentra SR and take it apart and/compare and contrast the differences. If it's close enough (mind you I have a high standard for being 'close') then we can either opt to turbocharge it, or re-appeal our case to show how the JDM motor set is not so dissimilar.

http://www.epa.gov/compliance/resour.../engswitch.pdf
Old 08-19-2007, 02:34 AM   #937
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

tknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Alright guys i've let this dead horse be beaten for a little while, I'm closing it, my sincerest apologies to all for failing you.

$pending dead pre$ident$ J@CK@TT@CK!
Closed Thread