Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 12-13-2017, 10:18 AM   #61
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
We've got floor mats!?

I had a set in my old S15, and wanted a new set in the Chaser. I actually placed an order for these a while ago, and totally forgot about them till they arrived in the mail.

Good times!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
This is like my favorite Chaser. Actually been talking to an importer in Canada about importing an S15 and holding it for me in Canada until 2024 when I can bring it over this way. I want to try and get in one early before prices jack up around that time.
Thanks my man! That's a wild plan, but I get it. I've been watching the auction prices creeping higher and higher. If you can swing it, I don't see it being an issue as long as they can do general maintenance.

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2017, 01:00 PM   #62
yunglinguine

Trader Rating: (0)
yunglinguine is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
We've got floor mats!?

Dude those are awesome. I’m excited for this to progress.
yunglinguine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 02:42 PM   #63
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
What if I pay you to take care of the S15 for me XD
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 06:45 PM   #64
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by yunglinguine View Post
Dude those are awesome. I’m excited for this to progress.
Cheers... I'm planning to get cracking once some bits show up in the post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
What if I pay you to take care of the S15 for me XD
Man... I can't, as I need space for one myself

Old 01-08-2018, 10:03 AM   #65
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Alright so lets continue shall we?

So I managed to purchase a few larger items, but didn't think of the smaller bits that accompany them. I needed hoses in order to install the new Greddy rad, and scooped up a cheap set on eBay (I'm the worst I know).

I also decided to replace the Japanese double din that was installed in it. I don't listen to the radio, but it would be nice to have BT and USB. I was watching pricing on a few Pioneer and Alpine models, when a older 7" JVC unit came up for dirt cheap. Reason was that it was older and the screen had a small scratch on it. I'll take it for less then $100, and I can always replace it with some NAVI unit once I check other things off of the list.

Fast forward a bit and...

I know I know... Boxes... It's a theme.

Dug these out from my trip... It was awesome being able to grab these in person.

Also purchased a new intake and hard pipe... I was advised that Greddy recommends that you replace these bits for "proper" fitment. I didn't think much of it, and figured I might as well...

I'm all about engine bay tunes HAHA...

So after a bit of fusing about...

The engine bay will be cleaned up once I install a few more bits. I do welcome the cooler engine temps, as these run rather warm (well warmer then I'm used to with SR's).

And please bring back the summer weather...

Old 01-30-2018, 08:23 AM   #66
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

I had a few ideas of what type of rims I'd like to run on this thing. After my trip to Japan and seeing a ton of new options in person, it was difficult for me to really stick to something. It was either rebuild something older, or purchase something new. On the list I had Work Emotion T7R, and CR Kiwami. Gram Lights 57DR (in the wild colours before they discontinued them).

I decided that I'd rather get something that I was after when I was in school and couldn't afford to purchase at that time. I still remember being bummed when TF and other shops where emailing people about the "final" order for them.

So then... what was it?

A set of Work VS-KF's in some sort of wack high offset. There's a new group locally that are trying to build their brand, and a good friend vouched for them, so I decided to give them a shot.

If the math is correct, they will end up being 18X9.5+26 square setup. The faces will be refinished in the same colour with hint of more flake. I'm not trying to gold dip any bots or go crazy with the face colours. It wouldn't suit what I have visioned for this car in my mind.

Anyways, while that's out of the way, I also placed an order over at Nengun for a few items that I was missing in order to get my Power FC up and running. Fingers crossed that it will ship sooner then later with them as I haven't heard much of anything, other then the initial order email.

Old 03-20-2018, 08:23 PM   #67
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Alright so a bit of an update... Lets see where I left off...

The rims are complete, and look great! 18X9.5+26 squared will be the setup.

The faces were refinished as well, and there's added flake in the mix. There's a nice pop in the sun.

Mooks have been showing up in the mail as well...

Who doesn't like looking at cool cars, parts lists, and throwbacks? Gathered a few ideas, and planning to place a few new orders...

Old 03-21-2018, 08:06 AM   #68
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
KF's on JZX's are always a win. Solid choice.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:19 AM   #69
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (21)
Nissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
So good!!!!
Old 03-21-2018, 09:32 AM   #70
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
Man, I need a lathe.
Old 03-31-2018, 05:26 AM   #71
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
KF's on JZX's are always a win. Solid choice.
Thanks my man! Sounds like you know what's up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissansota240 View Post
So good!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusty_s13 View Post
Man, I need a lathe.
It made splitting the rims that much easier...

Old 04-15-2018, 05:01 PM   #72
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Spring snow storm means I can update this thread HAHA!

So I wanted to get a new hood for my Chaser. There were a few I was thinking of... mainly, DMAX, Car Modified Wonder (after visiting their shop in Japan) and BN Sports. BN was out as my aero isn't aggressive enough to pull off those vents. DMAX has been hit or miss as of late, and I'd hate to gamble on that. After shooting off an email to Streeter, I was offered a Origin Lab carbon hood at a great price. The kicker was that I'd have to wait till the "next shipment". And that my friends is when the waiting game began.

So I prepaid, and was told it was going to be a few months out. Cool no problem, I wasn't in a rush. Then it was delayed. Then the next shipment was split with the US so Canadians were shorted. It honestly felt like I was never going to see the thing. After the last delay email I was sent, I was at a cross roads... Cancel (hopefully) and just grab something from Streeter? Stick it out? Well after speaking to a friend who was shipped the wrong carbon colour after waiting for forever, I decided to cut my losses and see if I could just get the fiberglass version.

I was actually in luck as there was one inbound and unaccounted for. Cool... Took the difference in cost, get some canards because why not, and pocketed the rest.

Fast forward a few more weeks, and this was delivered directly to the house...

Sweet... One more piece to the puzzle!

I've also been looking into stock placement turbo upgrades, but that seems like a rabbit hole...

...One that I've already got one foot into HAHA... I'll get to that in another post. The moral of the story is never ask for prices.

And is it ACTUALLY spring yet?! This weather has me feeling a type of way...

Bring on the warmth... please?

Old 05-11-2018, 11:55 AM   #73
codyzsilvia
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
codyzsilvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Any updates?
Old 05-13-2018, 07:06 PM   #74
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyzsilvia View Post
Any updates?
That I do!

So the weather has been rather hit or miss but thanks to my good friend (who owns a rather sweet Zenki), we managed to put in a bit of work.

So we decided to test fit the body kit!

After taking of a million clips, pins, and screws the front bumper came off. In order to get to everything, you'll need to take off (or remove the bolts like we did) the headlights and corners.

After a bit of playing around this was the result of the front...

We didn't trim anything so the front stock intercooler was hitting the backside of the front bar.

The side skirts were a breeze...

Everything was a great fit, and it will only get better once the dremel comes out. Unfortunately we lost daylight, and we couldn't fit the rear.

Next on the list was the intercooler... Removing the stock one was a pain in the ass for real. Toyota loves to overengineer things and it's great... until you have to remove something. After removing countless splashguards, clips, pins, piping, (oh and the front bash bar) the stock intercooler came out.

The longest part of the install was taking out the stock bits HAHA! Anyways, the install went smoothly because of my boy who again, kicked my ass into gear and got me motivated (while lending me an added hand which was awesome to have).

After a bit more fitting and adjustments we are on a roll...

The last bit connecting the piping to the throttle side was a bit tricky with the bends and where the couplers met. Anyways, we finished up and things are looking good! (My headlights? Not so much... I need to get those refinished)

So what's next on the list? Fitting those suspension arms, so that I can finally get this thing rolling on the new rims. I also have to source a new turbo since the sale of one I had lined up fell through unfortunately. Since I want to drive it and not have it down for a period of time, I'll just have to hold off on it unless something unbelievable comes my way. I'm still looking and collecting parts though.

Hitting up Streeter for a catless downpipe, and I'm going to place an order for either a Tomei or HPI elbow. I also have to order a refresh timing kit to replace belts, and the water pump. The exchange rates blow at the moment, but what can be done. It's the old, money goes out... Not sure when the items will show up so "surprise" when it does.

Old 05-21-2018, 01:27 PM   #75
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Wow, I cant wait to see whats coming next. Wasnt expecting a body kit on this... then again, you cant expect anything from strangers
Old 05-27-2018, 06:52 PM   #76
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTTon View Post
Wow, I cant wait to see whats coming next. Wasnt expecting a body kit on this... then again, you cant expect anything from strangers
HAHA That's true... Hopefully you'll continue to enjoy the process, kit or no kit... Don't worry though, I'm holding on to the OEM bits.

Old 05-27-2018, 07:16 PM   #77
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Alright, so I've got a little time so I can play a bit of catchup with this thread.

So there's a bit of a back story with the suspension arms. My man had to drill out the rear traction arms had to be drilled out another 2mm as the stock bolts wouldn't thread through. That's not a big deal, as he was able to do me a big solid and take care of that at his workplace.

The rear lower control arm was a mess... I was sent the wrong sized arms initially, and we figured it out well into taking EVERYTHING off... Good times. So after they had sent me the correct arms, it was install round two time...

This time it was going smoothly till we had to get the last bolt off connecting the lower control arm to the subframe. It wouldn't budge... We were sailing along and then BAM... Smacked it for 20 minutes... Nothing... He went home to grab a small propane torch and we heated that sucker up for time... Still nothing. I was giving up hope till we heat it up for a third time and let it cook. Either this arm is coming off, or we burn this car down.

We hit it for another 5 or so minutes (felt way longer then that) and it FINALLY moved a little bit... Thank GOD! Anyways we kept hitting it till it was finally lose and came out...

Fitted the rest of the new arms, and things are finally looking up.

Got it back down, and eyeballed the alignment and tightened things up.

Sweet, one step closer to getting this thing fitted with the new rims and to take it in for an alignment.

Also my care packages from Streeter arrived...

Timing belt kit, with a new water pump for good measure...

De-catted downpipe... I would have bought a one piece setup from Kazama Auto but the sale of the turbo that fell though had an elbow already. And speaking of Turbo's, I've been window shopping and seeing if there's anything bottom mount (CT15B) that's a decent deal. In all honesty it's either a cheaper billet Kinugawa piece, or suck it up butter cup and get a HKS/Tomei.

Next on the list is a turbo elbow... I'm leaning towards Tomei since I've visited their facility first hand, and like the quality of the goods they produce. The exchange rates are all out of wack, so it's currently cheaper for me to get it from a US vendor over Streeter.... Crazy. I'll be calling around to see who actually has one for me in stock.

I'm also ordering tires... Zestino tires for the front... Cheap Chinese rubber for the rears. Going off of what people have recommended for me, I'll be running 225/40/R18 square. The roads around here are terrible, and I might increase the rear size in the future, but for now, we will rock with it.

Old 05-27-2018, 09:04 PM   #78
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Why mismatch the tires if you're buying brand new? That seems needlessly sketchy.
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 08:54 AM   #79
hotrodjoseph
Zilvia Member

hotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post
Why mismatch the tires if you're buying brand new? That seems needlessly sketchy.
Because hes going to drift it.... Why would he buy all 4 matching expensive Zestinos and just burn the rears off. All drifters run cheaper/different rear tires than fronts unless your a pro or sponsored.

Looking good Matt! Can't wait to see you out on track with us!
Old 05-31-2018, 10:22 AM   #80
PatPs13
Leaky Injector

PatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enough
This build is tight.

Have you drifted on Chinese tires before? How do they hold up?
PatPs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 08:52 PM   #81
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodjoseph View Post
Because hes going to drift it.... Why would he buy all 4 matching expensive Zestinos and just burn the rears off. All drifters run cheaper/different rear tires than fronts unless your a pro or sponsored.

Looking good Matt! Can't wait to see you out on track with us!
From what I've seen online, you're looking good out on the track my man!

And thanks for looking out my man!

It's just like Joseph mentioned, it's not like I have the funds to run a square setup on the track. I wish I was sponsored or got hookups on it, but I don't. I'll just continue to do this for the time being, and when I get more "drift spares" I'll run a square setup for the street.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatPs13 View Post
This build is tight.

Have you drifted on Chinese tires before? How do they hold up?
Depends on the brand, but it's not bad. Just as long as you have something grippy up front, you're good to go. Some brands last longer then others... I just went with tires that were recommended to me by others. I trust their opinions and it's given with the seat time that they've put in over the years.

Old 06-04-2018, 09:21 PM   #82
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

So speaking of tires...

They had arrived, and it was time to get these things mounted on the played out rims... HAHA...

So I've been dealing with a foot injury so it makes things more challenging to get done. The weekend came around and of course the weather changes. It's nice and sunny all week while I'm stuck at work. Weekend comes around and it's grey clouds and raining... Perfect.

Loaded the rims and tires up...

And away we go!

Got to the shop and the homie hooked it up. It wasn't a crazy stretch by any means, but it was nice to see that he took care with the rims and we were buttoned up in a short time.

So now it's time to get the front camber arms installed so that I can throw these all on. Then it's time to get the fender rolled, and drop it some more... get an alignment and then it's party time.

Oh and I also ordered a Tomei elbow from Driftmotion, and it's on it's way along with a oil sandwich adapter and some other odds and sods to refresh a few things on the engine. I swear that I'll eventually get these things installed.

Also placed an order for gauges, and I decided on Defi since I've always run them in the past, and they've been accurate and never let me down. Went with the Advance CR (black faced) through Streeter. I haven't decided on where I'm going to run them, but I bought the 52mm versions as I'm not looking to attract too much attention if I run them on the dash.

Old 06-05-2018, 09:14 AM   #83
PatPs13
Leaky Injector

PatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
So speaking of tires...

So now it's time to get the front camber arms installed so that I can throw these all on. Then it's time to get the fender rolled, and drop it some more... get an alignment and then it's party time.
PatPs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 06:17 PM   #84
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Not sure how I haven’t seen this thread before, but I have a bit of reading to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-05-2018, 06:33 PM   #85
Juan@Fontananissan
Zilvia Member

Juan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura aboutJuan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura aboutJuan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura aboutJuan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura aboutJuan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura aboutJuan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura about
Car is coming along sweet man, lmk if oyu end up wanting HKS / TOMEI I'll work you a solid deal.

(951)708-1648 | [email protected]
Juan@Fontananissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 07:28 PM   #86
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister.E View Post
Not sure how I haven’t seen this thread before, but I have a bit of reading to do.

Well then come on through... hopefully you'll enjoy it so far...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan@Fontananissan View Post
Car is coming along sweet man, lmk if oyu end up wanting HKS / TOMEI I'll work you a solid deal.
Will do! I do want to source out some cams and some other bits. I'll hit you up once it's time!

Old 06-14-2018, 09:28 AM   #87
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

The life saver and dope Zenki owner came through to give me some more help on the Chaser.

On the table for the day was to install the K F D front adjustable arms, and throw on the new wheels.

It was a lot easier then what was mentioned on the install thread on another site. We were finished in no time. I was happy as it went smoothly and nothing fought us during the install.

So then, now it's time to throw these VS-KF's on! It's been a long time coming. I also forgot that I bought 326 power lugs while I was in Japan HAHA! My little one reminded me of the "pink bolts"... A quick raid of the parts pile, and I had found the sets in the little grab bag they had given me on my visit.

So after fiddling with the various arms, and my friends eyeballed alignment we dropped it, and I'm rather happy...

And ohhhh man do I need to get my fenders rolled. The fronts are cool, but the rear? Oh they rub...

Now I have to sort out an alignment because the toe is all out of wack for sure, and I'd like to dial in the rear a little bit.

Also placed a rather big order for various things over at Driftmotion. A lot of OEM gaskets, and other odds and sods... Oh and they have a Tomei turbo elbow so I scooped that up as well. I should have it in a week or so.

Old 06-14-2018, 12:37 PM   #88
di-devol
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
di-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Dang, wheels look good. The KFD arms look good huh? I have a friend who got a front lip from them for his mark ii, said it was really nice. I think i'll grab a kit from them as well as some of the arms.

Did you install RCA's at all?
Old 06-15-2018, 01:42 PM   #89
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Loving the wheels. Where the full side shots at lol.
JrDarknes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 01:27 PM   #90
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Once you roll them are you going to go any lower?
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote