Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 01-28-2016, 06:39 AM   #61
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
JIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
Will the turbo (and the accompany mods) be on for the start of your season?
I believe they will. I just scored a RB20 ECU with an Enthalpy tune for really cheap so I'm going to send it off to get a new based tune with my mods. I have a lead on some GTR injectors and I think ill be good with everything. Shooting for early March so that i can make sure everything is ok before the season starts March 19th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmjimmy View Post
This is all kinds of awesome. life looks pretty decent there lol
Life is pretty great there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Quits job, does multiple drift events including a Japan trip. Man I wish!

PS what's your Instagram?
I was pretty lucky that I was able to do all of that without a job haha

IG: jyw0rld
Old 02-01-2016, 07:02 AM   #62
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

JIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really nice
scooped up a Enthalpy Tuned ECU last week so it should arrive today. Going to send it off to get retuned so it looks like ill have the RB25 turbo installed before March.
Old 02-03-2016, 07:27 AM   #63
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Was wanting some "cool" gauges so I found these on the auctions. I used BUYEE this time to see how it works. I hope they arrive

Also worked with Touge Factory and Stance Suspension to build some new coilovers for the R32. The old ones were 8K/6K and I had a lot of body roll when drifting. Changed it up to 12K/10K and added a little flair to the top hats.

Old 02-03-2016, 07:41 AM   #64
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
So you're the one who outbid me on those gauges...

Buyee is good, takes 2 weeks at the most.
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 07:43 AM   #65
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
So you're the one who outbid me on those gauges...

Buyee is good, takes 2 weeks at the most.
they were buy it now. I had to jump on them ASAP lol

Sorry
Old 02-03-2016, 08:24 AM   #66
corby_baby
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
corby_baby is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
gauges are :fire: :fire: :fire:
corby_baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 09:11 AM   #67
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
those coils are boss
Old 02-05-2016, 12:42 AM   #68
Zero-Offset
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Zero-Offset is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
love it dude. just started following on IG, but i had seen the car around before. have a buddy with a black r32 4 door that gets down on track too, they are super fun to drift taxi everyone around!!
keep it up
Old 02-05-2016, 01:43 PM   #69
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by corby_baby View Post
gauges are :fire: :fire: :fire:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
those coils are boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-Offset View Post
love it dude. just started following on IG, but i had seen the car around before. have a buddy with a black r32 4 door that gets down on track too, they are super fun to drift taxi everyone around!!
keep it up
Thank guys! I appreciate the nice words!
Old 02-05-2016, 02:27 PM   #70
jerry_beans
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
jerry_beans is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Old 02-10-2016, 08:02 AM   #71
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Cool gauges. Can't wait to see them in the car!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 01:44 PM   #72
coty_garcia
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
coty_garcia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
sweet thread. thanks for helping me get through a long class haha
coty_garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 07:39 PM   #73
bb4_96
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
bb4_96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Sweet build. Saw you were in Texas.. thinks hmm wonder where he's at. Saw your pic parked in front of Jusgo... damn there aren't that many in TX.. know theres one in bellaire. Saw your pic at rice bowl at NRG... yep.. fellow Houston guy.
bb4_96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 07:16 AM   #74
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry_beans View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
Cool gauges. Can't wait to see them in the car!
I cant wait for your interior upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by coty_garcia View Post
sweet thread. thanks for helping me get through a long class haha
Cars > Long Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb4_96 View Post
Sweet build. Saw you were in Texas.. thinks hmm wonder where he's at. Saw your pic parked in front of Jusgo... damn there aren't that many in TX.. know theres one in bellaire. Saw your pic at rice bowl at NRG... yep.. fellow Houston guy.
H-Town!

So last week I was about to email Streeter to get some GTR Injectors and the resistor when someone on a Facebook group posted exactly what I needed for a really good deal. The next morning I woke up with a text saying that Martin from Enthalpy is going to be showing up on 2/20 for a dyno day. I message the guy that I bought the injectors from to have them be delivered before 2/19 so that i could get everything ready for the dyno.

Put the new screamer pipe on the RB25 turbo as well as the RB20 actuator.
Still a small turbo but i'm not chasing big power, just a little pep in my step.

So Monday, I started on the turbo swap with removing the old turbo and got the new turbo ready. I went to check the shipping of the injectors and they are scheduled to be delivered until 2/22, the Monday after the dyno tune.

I decided to rant on Facebook about it. Lo and behold, a local guy has a GTR that he is building and doesn't need his injectors or resistor so he is letting me use them for the dyno tune.

Just need to get everything finished up so the dyno goes smoothly.
Old 02-18-2016, 12:54 PM   #75
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
That was cool of that local GTR guy, to come through for ya in a pinch. I still have some failth in the people of this car world.

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 12:27 PM   #76
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Update:

Got everything installed. Injectors wired up, turbo bolted on, FMIC plumbed up, ECU tuned and gauges working. Car started right up but when I went to drive the car, it felt very slow. So i went back and double checked for boost leaks, still slow.

Pulled the injectors to be flow tested and cleaned. 480CC across the board so I installed the injectors again. But this time, one of the injectors is leaking so I going to pull that one injector to make sure the O-ring is ok.

Hopefully things will begin to work so I can get back to driving.
Old 04-21-2016, 02:41 PM   #77
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Update:

Fixed the leaking injectors with new O-rings but still was having issues. Shot Martin at RS-Enthalpy to make sure we both were on the same page on the tune. Mistakenly, the tune was for a Z32 maf and not the RB20 so I wired in a Z32 maf but still not the right answer.

ECU was blinking and not throwing codes so I mailed the ECU to Martin. Martin fixed it and shipped it back for free! Excellent customer service from him every time!

While the ECU was being repaired, I finished up the gauge install and new radio. Still need to install the wideband and do something with my door panels -__-

Houston just got flooded this week but the R32 was safe. The water didnt get that high in the garage.

So I installed the ECU but the car was still running rough. I went back, pulled all the wiring apart again to go through it one more time.

Fortunately, my efforts proved worthy! The car is running great now!

Picked up some more parts while the car was down because who doesnt like to buy parts that are not needed when your car does run right.

Picked up some more Blitz wheels. I think Im going to have a theme of Blitz parts in the car.

Wanted blast pipes so I got one of these.

Old 04-21-2016, 06:15 PM   #78
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMB0 View Post
Update:

Picked up some more parts while the car was down because who doesnt like to buy parts that are not needed when your car does run right.
Pretty much the most important rule of skyline ownership
Old 04-21-2016, 06:22 PM   #79
Lil_D
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
Lil_D is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
im so jealous of those z2's
Old 04-21-2016, 06:39 PM   #80
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
Damn I just passed on a Blitz towel for cheap
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 10:06 PM   #81
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Super rad shit happening here. R32 4 door looks so proper with the BN kit.

Sent from my iPhone
Old 11-07-2016, 11:42 AM   #82
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

UPDATE TIME

More Photos can be found on my blog

jyw0rld.wordpress.com

So the summer was fairly uneventful. Didnt do a lot of driving, changed plans about 1000 times, parted out a couple of 240sx's to make some side cash, bought and sold a Civic i was planing to build and ended up with a red S13. Was going to do OEM aero on the Skyline but decided to just buy more BN and keep tearing it up.

The 180sx bug bit me again. I was able to pay off my student loans and my truck recently and figured it was a good time to blow money on another money pit since I dont spend money on drugs.

I was searching craigslist and found one in Dallas. Pretty clean chassis and it was red which is what I always wanted to have. Got it pretty cheap but it has its issues.

The seller said it had a S14 KA in it but the previous owner messed up the wiring when installing the motor. When we showed up to see the car, we compression tested the motor to which we realize the motor had low compression. So that knocked down the price a bit.

Got it home and started ripping it apart. Found some dirty magazines, panties and condoms under the rear seats. Removed the bumper, hood, fenders and the chassis harness. I plan on replacing the harness so I wont run into any electrical issues if I tried to repair the one in the car that the car came with.

I was planning on just having a KA Type X car again like my last one but a killer deal popped up on a rebuild SR20. Drove up to Dallas once again to pick up the motor. Planning on just putting a S15BB turbo on it and leave it at that.

We had a local event where they set up a replica of Meihan. The Skyline performed just fine and we finally had a "open" track layout which was a good change of pace from just doing 1 lap and getting back in line.

After scooping up the motor, I wanted to give the skyline some love. I recently had the R32 tuned with what I thought was a RB25 turbo but recently determined that its actually a VG30 turbo. Power is great once it hits boost but the lag is bad. So i was either going to get a RB25 or search for a HKS2530. After searching, someone on a Facebook page found me one in Canada for a really good deal. I plan on having it dyno tuned again when Martin from RS-Enthalpy visits town again.

Finally, a Kouki bumper showed up for sale. No one locally wanted it so the seller dropped the price down alot and then I bought it. I originally had purchased a whole Type X kit in Japan only to find out that the seller couldnt ship it so I got a refund. Bumper came with all the bracket and side extensions as well. Score!

So where Im at now. Im getting married in 2 weeks so progress will slow down on the 180sx until I get back from the honeymoon. Im hoping to have the HKS turbo installed and Martin to send me a base tune so that I can drive the car a little to see if the HKS turbo is really as good as people say. I would like to take my time with cleaning up the 180sx before putting in the motor and blowing money on suspension so dont expect many updates on that.

Thanks for reading

-JY
Old 11-07-2016, 06:27 PM   #83
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMB0 View Post
UPDATE TIME

The 180sx bug bit me again. I was able to pay off my student loans and my truck recently and figured it was a good time to blow money on another money pit since I dont spend money on drugs.

-JY
I use the same type of justification when purchasing expensive items. I don't smoke or drink so I'm okay to spend whatever

Old 12-21-2016, 09:00 AM   #84
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

UPDATE!

So I got married, went on a honeymoon and then got ready for a drift event. We got invited to the End of Year Bash in New Orleans and since there wasnt a local event coming up soon, we figured we would make the trek out there for it. We also got permission to drift on the go kart track as well so that really got us excited.

For the event, I wanted to put on the HKS turbo and some angle. Well when i decided to out the new gaskets on the HKS Turbo before I installed it, I found that it was a T2 Turbo and not T3 so i had to sell it.

Then here was the angle. I ordered a rack spacer from Maverick Motorsports and Touge Factory hooked it up with they Outer Tie Rods and Tien Inner Tie Rods. I got the car on the lift only to find out that the previous owner in Japan already put the Tien Tie Rod Spacers on so i really didnt get any more angle.

Once the car was done, we loaded up everything and drove the 400 miles on Friday night.

Woke up on saturday to drive the skid pad as the kart track was only for Sunday.

Saturday night was night drifting. My car was running funny but I was able to shoot a big fireball!

Sunday was the track day. The track was small as expected for any go kart track. I managed to get 1 session in before the rain ruined it.

Packed up and was on the road so that we could get home at a decent time. I ended up debeading a tire when we left after lunch then had my new tires blow out. Ended up having to swap wheel around at a gas station and now I think I want to do 17/18 stagger.

That pretty much wraps up 2016. It was a shitty year but it ended well. Im going to begin to get the car ready for the A-Bo-Moon event in May then Final Bout in September. I want to make up for the lost time in 2017.

Thanks for reading!

-JY
Old 12-21-2016, 12:50 PM   #85
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
yay for getting sidetracked! i like that you guys drive your cars everywhere. sucks when tires debead and whatnot, but it's still fun right?
Old 12-21-2016, 12:53 PM   #86
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
yay for getting sidetracked! i like that you guys drive your cars everywhere. sucks when tires debead and whatnot, but it's still fun right?
always fun regardless of the issues or struggles. lol
Old 12-21-2016, 01:19 PM   #87
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
This is such a great looking machine! Can't wait to see it again next month.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 01:03 PM   #88
Sansone
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Sansone is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Such a great looking sedan, well done sir

Life Ruiner
Sansone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 08:41 AM   #89
yellowxhoodie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
yellowxhoodie is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Old 12-24-2016, 05:19 PM   #90
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Oh I might just have to add that A-Bo-Moon event to my travel list next year. Glad to see that you're still getting out, and enjoying this thing!