Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Administration > Forum Suggestions & Technical Support

Forum Suggestions & Technical Support Post any suggestions or questions related to this site.

Old 10-25-2010, 09:46 AM   #1
oem_turbo

Trader Rating: (0)
oem_turbo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
For Sale Rules Modification - You guys dont make any sense....

thanks

thanks

thanks.

Last edited by oem_turbo; 10-26-2010 at 12:07 AM..
oem_turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2010, 10:27 AM   #2
Drift N Dragg
Username Monster!

Trader Rating: (14)
Drift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Whoooaa there turbo...

Let me see if I get this straight...

YOU Exceeded the bump limits ( which are clearly defined in the rules as what is considered a bump ) and you are complaining that it's locked up?

Locking a Thread means that NO ONE can post on it anymore, But it still can be seen. It is not deleted.

First off:

Locking your thread and giving you a 3 Day before post IS a warning. I am sorry if that is not clear enough, but you are not Pinked, Banned, or otherwise have loss of privilege. So you have no arguement there except your ONE valid point. You DID NOT read through the rules. Skimming is not Reading.

Second:

3 Days is apart of your warning. PERIOD. Again it is written in the rules.

Third:

Infractions on THIS forum are only given on different guidelines. Excessive Bumping is NOT an Infraction, Only a Warning..

Personally I really do not give a flying bat about what other forums you are on.. If you are only here to sell, then frankly you are not here to add to the wide knowledge on this board and therefore can stay on your other forums.

If you are here to add to the vast knowledge then please do and follow the RULES that are set fourth. They have been this way for a very long time and will not change anytime soon.

You are not going to get banned for writing this. BUT you keep calling out the Moderators on your For Sale Threads and I will be the FIRST to Pink you!!

Because you can not simply read the rules and understand that is how Zilvia works, you would rather call out a Moderator on your Sale Thread because of something that is entirely your fault.

I suggest you read the rules on the forum before going any further.

Have a Good Day

Robo-Moderator Message Machine

2015 Subaru STI
1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
A Ton of Projects
Drift N Dragg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:52 AM   #3
oem_turbo

oem_turbo is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for the threat and sarcasm. Just what everyone likes to hear from a moderator. That's real professionalism. Lock up the thread. You guys always get the last word anyways.
oem_turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:03 AM   #4
Drift N Dragg
Username Monster!

Trader Rating: (14)
Drift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
No Sarcasm and No Threat.

Seems Other members agree as well, because your other thread is not doing so well either..

You are not above or beyond the rules and that is what you are trying to do.

2015 Subaru STI
1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
A Ton of Projects
Drift N Dragg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:44 PM   #5
West
OMNOMNOMNOM

West has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to West
Quote:
Originally Posted by oem_turbo View Post
I have had my for sale thread locked up, twice for rules infractions. Now, I can admit I didnt read over the rules as well as I should have. So this could have been completely avoided.
Do we really need to read the rest of your statement? If you dont care to read the rules in which we have established to keep the community afloat then how are we to take you seriously?

Hows this for an example:

Bumping: if you ran into our house and all of a sudden started shouting to peddle your wares, are we to just let your antics proceed and disrupt our family? Get your priorities straight, your (free) sale gets lost and forgotten because you didn't attract a buyer. Thats because you weren't established in the community, or not offering a competitive price, or not offering an interesting product. Would you care to take us into your home with the same intent and attitude, or should we should just let you continue to shout belligerently to get attention to sale your wares? I think not, real world rules apply.

Ill unlock this thread so you may give some suggestions, if you have nothing to contribute then I will ban you.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:28 PM   #6
WangonwWarrior
Zilvia FREAK!

Location: Amerika24 alabama: Where if your not first..... your last
Trader Rating: (15)
WangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Nothing wrong with bumping rules. Gets annoying seeing the same guy bump a thread 10 times in a row!
Old 10-25-2010, 11:37 PM   #7
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Seriously, whose fault is it, if you can't read the fucking rules?

Stop crying.

I don't wanna see some douche bumping his FS thread where he's selling a mudflap for $100 every god damn day.

It makes the marketplace run much better and forces seller's to WATCH their threads rather than making it a competition to see who can stay on the top.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:46 PM   #8
Sergio180sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
Sergio180sx is on the path to ruinSergio180sx is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
One thing i think that should be changed is that if someone is asking a question about a item the OP is selling and if it's quoted with a answer i don't think that should be considered a bump cause i have seen threads get locked for that reason and it wasn't technically a bump cause the OP was answering a question for a possible buyer...but that's just my 2 cents. i know there will be suggestions on this thread so please don't lock cause there are some really cool moderators on zilvia but then there are some that just love being dicks and love the power they have on either banning people or locking threads cause they are bored.....but overall I love Zilvia or i wouldn't have purchased a membership. but by all means i wouldn't ever call out a moderator cause that's asking to get banned haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftOutlaw View Post
No not at the moment but an easy fix. just swap the motor I have in and take the old one out.
Sergio180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 12:09 AM   #9
upsdude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
upsdude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
^just send a pm your answer to the person who asked the question that's what i try to do...that way you can make your 2 bumps count.
upsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 12:09 AM   #10
West
OMNOMNOMNOM

West has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to West
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio180sx View Post
One thing i think that should be changed is that if someone is asking a question about a item the OP is selling and if it's quoted with a answer i don't think that should be considered a bump cause i have seen threads get locked for that reason and it wasn't technically a bump cause the OP was answering a question for a possible buyer...but that's just my 2 cents. i know there will be suggestions on this thread so please don't lock cause there are some really cool moderators on zilvia but then there are some that just love being dicks and love the power they have on either banning people or locking threads cause they are bored.....but overall I love Zilvia or i wouldn't have purchased a membership. but by all means i wouldn't ever call out a moderator cause that's asking to get banned haha.
Agreed, and I know all our Mods feel the same, if you are replying to direct questions then there is no issue. When you reply with "PMs Sent" that is a bump and not a contribution to your thread. Its no cakewalk for our mods and I asure you they get almost no joy from doing the job they do, other than simple fact of keeping the community in check, and I respect the shit out of them for that. Threads will get locked, its a fine line we walk, one which we must make a decision to determine abuse or not.

Its been a long time coming, we've been working rules, but I just need to get shit done. We have the "all in one" rules to place in a single section. We plan to send that to all new member and include that in our agreement so there is no confusion. There will always be members like the OPer, but it will solidify our stance when members send hatful emails to tech support because of "unjust" bannings.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:12 AM   #11
Sergio180sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
Sergio180sx is on the path to ruinSergio180sx is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
^^^Well said man i appreciate the positive feedback as a member!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftOutlaw View Post
No not at the moment but an easy fix. just swap the motor I have in and take the old one out.
Sergio180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 12:26 AM   #12
upsdude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
upsdude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
i'd hate to be a moderator in any forum....you've got the stress of a management type job without the pay, screw that lol.
upsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 03:36 AM   #13
Elmer240sx

Elmer240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
i use to be mod in some other site... it is a stressful job, but same time is fun.. cuz u help n show ur love for the site that is being built, n growing everyday.. keep the good job going mods. i knoe when it comes to banning some one, it aint a one second decision. it can take a day to a week or 2.. a mod job is to find a solution n help the blades understand the rules n they here to enforce them. n if they cant understand that, then banning is the last result..

once again. good job mods....
Elmer240sx is offline   Reply With Quote