Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-03-2018, 01:40 PM   #1
super.trick
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
super.trick will become famous soon enoughsuper.trick will become famous soon enoughsuper.trick will become famous soon enoughsuper.trick will become famous soon enoughsuper.trick will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
OEM 180sx Kouki Aero Factory Install

Hello, I'm looking to install OEM Kouki aero 'by the book', so to speak.

I've searched and found some ancient threads with dead links/missing photos.

Skirts should be easy since I have all parts #'s for mounting hardware, plus I have my doubts any factory literature was put out for these.

Rear valance I don't have as much info about, but seeing as these were an option, I imagine there could be factory install instructions floating around somewhere?

I know someone has the front lip instructions, mostly because they were posted in this thread, but have since disappeared.

Also, slight tangent: I've noticed some people get gaps when installing the rear valence. Is this something my 1989 rear bumper would cause? Is a late model bumper required for a perfect fit?

Thanks for any help guys, and no, I'm not gonna use zipties.

Last edited by super.trick; 01-09-2018 at 10:48 PM.. Reason: Correction
super.trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2018, 03:05 PM   #2
beems240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
beems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
FRSport sells most of the brackets you will need. Other than that you're pretty much on your own, but its really easy. you'll have to drill the rockers to properly bolt the bottom of the skirts on. I made some brackets for my rear valances out of scrap metal. I fitted my front bumper directly over the stock crash beam with no issues.
Old 01-03-2018, 04:07 PM   #3
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
I personally do not know of any differences between S13 hatch rear bumpers.

As far as fitment goes, I believe it has more to do with people not running all of the factory brackets on the valances.

I have all of the original hardware and brackets for the entire front bumper assembly, lip, sideskirts, and rear valances.

I'll try to go through my pile of parts tomorrow and dig out the instructions.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 04:13 PM   #4
super.trick
Leaky Injector

super.trick will become famous soon enoughsuper.trick will become famous soon enoughsuper.trick will become famous soon enoughsuper.trick will become famous soon enoughsuper.trick will become famous soon enough
Thanks for the replies, guys! I probably should have mentioned the front bumper is already on, though. I just bought every little bracket and clip and it bolted on exactly like the USDM one I took off.

For the skirts, I know I'll be drilling a ton of holes. I'm sure I'll be get them mounted properly without much drama I would just be interested in seeing some factory literature, if such a thing exists.

The lip and rear valance are my main areas of concern, I have no hardware or part #'s. Anything you can provide CrimsonRockett would be a big help, I've been lurking this forum for a many years (lost my old account) and you seem like one of the few who cares as much about this stuff as I do haha.
Old 01-03-2018, 04:54 PM   #5
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Yeah, I went through the trouble of sourcing all of my parts brand new after they were discontinued.

I dealt with used aero parts for too long and ultimately decided new was the way to go.

Fortunately, the various people I purchased them from still had all of the hardware and japanese instructions new in their pouches.

I'm all for OE fitment. You can get a good idea of where I'm at on my Kouki S14 build. http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=607875&page=3

I'll be doing the same on my S13 build.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:08 PM   #6
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
OP, the shitty thing is that the rear valences WERE optional on the Type X. I've actually sent a couple emails out to see what hardware I need. I bought some generic hardware but I'm only going to use it has a last resort.

I'll update with parts numbers if I get them.
Old 01-04-2018, 10:08 PM   #7
Jo_Galezo
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Jo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Was going to start a thread about this to because im going to be mounting my kit soon as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jo_Galezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 10:46 PM   #8
super.trick
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
OP, the shitty thing is that the rear valences WERE optional on the Type X.
You're right, I'll edit my post.

Anyway I'm very tempted to buy this...
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r216835506

...along with the prerequisite 1989 edition to complete the collection.
I managed to get my hands on a similar manual for the BCNR-33 and it has literally everything in it, including:

This is the kinda stuff I am after, and I'm betting that equivalent 180sx info (and a whole bunch of other very useful stuff) will be found in these manuals, especially in supplement V.
Old 01-24-2018, 07:54 AM   #9
lilpiton
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
lilpiton is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Very good thread started because I was going to start the same search of info.
Recently started installing a new Kouki Type-x bumper and will be moving on to the side skirts and rear valences.
I’m the type of person where I hate and will not settle for instaling OEM areo with just double sided tape and some zip ties!! Im looking to see if anyone has some info from previous experience of installing these, or some detailed pic/measurements. I had a buddy buy all new Nissan side skirt hardware for his S14 and it wasn’t cheap, but bame did it fit good ��. I wanted to see if someone has any part #’s of those clips or even any pictures. I’m not sure if s14 clips are the same as s13/180sx. My buddy doesn’t have any of the old clips to match up. If I remember correctly he paid about $200 for all clips for 2 side skirts.

The scametics on the r33 are nice but we looking for something 180 and readable.

Thank Tom
lilpiton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 09:35 AM   #10
super.trick
Leaky Injector

Well, I didn't post the R33 diagrams to be readable, I posted them as an example of what I'm hoping to find for the 240.

Anyway here are the side skirt hardware part #'s,

Rocker Grommet 76848-6P020
Rocker Clip 76882-6P010
Underside Grommet 01281-00711
Underside Screw 01464-00141
Rear Clip 76882-60F00
Front/Rear Grommet 76848-60F00
Old 01-24-2018, 09:51 AM   #11
lilpiton
Zilvia Member

Yes I 240sx diagram would be awesome!! Thanks for the part numbers sir..
Old 01-24-2018, 09:54 AM   #12
super.trick
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpiton View Post
Yes I 240sx diagram would be awesome!! Thanks for the part numbers sir..
This is the closet thing I've got. It's for parts ordering not assembly so its not 100% accurate or helpful.

The rear I have no part numbers for the hardware, which brings us back to why I started the thread haha.

EDIT: I assume you have the front figured out, otherwise I also have a bunch of info for that. Beyond all the factory mounting brackets and such I've also sourced all new hardware for the bumper and most of the exterior of the car. I have it all compiled in a spreadsheet.
Old 01-24-2018, 10:18 AM   #13
lilpiton
Zilvia Member

I have the front somewhat figured out I could almost always use more info just to make sure I’m on the right track. If you want to share what you have for the front I will be more than happy to see what you’ve got and hopefully will put it to use.
Great diagram ^^^
Old 01-24-2018, 10:34 AM   #14
super.trick
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpiton View Post
I have the front somewhat figured out I could almost always use more info just to make sure I’m on the right track. If you want to share what you have for the front I will be more than happy to see what you’ve got and hopefully will put it to use.
Great diagram ^^^
Hardware first, this is all the stuff that wasn't included when buying the rest of the stuff new. Don't trust me on the quantities.

Bolt (Mounting): 08363-6162H x10
Clip (under bumper): 01553-00431 x10
Clip (bumper to support): 01553-09321 x6
Screw (flush, under bumper): 08340-6162A x10
Nut (bumper to fender): 08911-1062G x15
Clamp nut (licence plate): 01241-00881 x2
Fender brace: 63182-60F00 x2
Fender brace bolt: 08363-6165D x2

The rest:
Bumper Skin: 62022-60F25
Bumper Extension (LH): 62025-60F05
Bumper Extension (RH): 62024-60F05
Extension Bracket (LH): 62293-60F00
Extension Bracket (RH): 62292-60F00
Top Bracket: 62040-60F00
Bumper Spacer (LH): 62095-60F00
Bumper Spacer (RH): 62094-60F00
Top Retainer: 62240-60F00
Stiffener Bracket (LH): 62057-60F00
Stiffener Bracket (RH): 62056-60F00
Stiffener Retainer (LH): 62291-60F00
Stiffener Retainer (RH): 62290-60F00

EDIT: diagram

Last edited by super.trick; 01-24-2018 at 10:39 AM.. Reason: Added diagram
Old 02-08-2018, 03:39 PM   #15
lilpiton
Zilvia Member

OEM 180sx Kouki Aero Factory Install

So I did my research and place on order from clipsandfasteners.com

Just test fitting the side skirts after I got the bumper on.

I decided to drop my subframe next and send out for powder coating and installing Nismo bushings. Those Energy Suspension Bushing drive my nuts!! While That being done I’ll drill my holes to mount my skirts.

I’ve also ordered the rear clips for the side skirts from RHD still waiting on that and the front lip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-03-2018, 01:34 AM   #16
Zeratul
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
Zeratul is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Is 63832E part number 76882-60F00? The 2 clips that fasten the rear of the side skirt to the wheel well. That's the only piece that I couldn't find the USDM equivalent.

Some of the hardware you have is different than what I got. I used S14 parts and grommet 01281-00711 goes with screw 01466-00103. That screw seems to be a perfect fit for the kouki side skirts.

I didn't purchase 01281-00691 either. Where is that piece suppose to go?
Zeratul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 12:15 PM   #17
HenrikS13

Trader Rating: (0)
HenrikS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I want to do the front bumper just like factory to get a nice fitment with no sag and gaps...

I managed to find everything new except the stiffeners and retainers. The retainers I think should be no problem to use from my factory zenki bumper or even make out of some metal if needed.
But since the stiffeners are discontinued and I have no luck finding second hand ones either, what is really the options?

I found that auto-collectstorm sells some brackets that mounts to the fender and that could be a option, but I want oem stuff if possible. Also people tell me that the zenki or chuki stiffeners works fine (maybe with modification). Anyone know for sure?
I would test it myself but the ones I have are badly damaged.

My final option is to source a second hand bumper to get just the stiffeners from but the cheapest I found is at least 500usd and that's more than a brand new bumper skin...
HenrikS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 02:32 AM   #18
super.trick
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by super.trick View Post
Hello, I'm looking to install OEM Kouki aero 'by the book', so to speak.
Bringing this back from the dead.

I never gave up on this and was finally rewarded this morning on YAJ.
180sx Maintenance Manual 1996/8 currently en-route to me.

This is just a taste:

I'll scan and translate all pages relevant to the Kouki kit when it arrives.

Last edited by super.trick; 01-17-2020 at 04:05 AM..
Old 01-17-2020, 07:57 AM   #19
JDM240z
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
JDM240z is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
You da man!
JDM240z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 12:35 PM   #20
SaveTheZenkis

SaveTheZenkis is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by super.trick View Post
Bringing this back from the dead.

I never gave up on this and was finally rewarded this morning on YAJ.
180sx Maintenance Manual 1996/8 currently en-route to me.

This is just a taste:

I'll scan and translate all pages relevant to the Kouki kit when it arrives.
Bringing this back up, did you happen to get around to this yet?
SaveTheZenkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 11:13 AM   #21
super.trick
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaveTheZenkis View Post
Bringing this back up, did you happen to get around to this yet?
Alright, finally updating this thread with scans of the book. Sorry for anyone that has been waiting.

I have been reluctant to update because honestly these pages didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. I was expecting a lot more but really these are the only relevant pages. The writing doesn't explain a whole lot either which is why I didn't bother translating.

Click for high-res.

Lots of other interesting bits about the Kouki 180sx but as far as bodywork goes this is it.
Old 10-02-2021, 08:46 PM   #22
crzsteveo
Zilvia Addict

crzsteveo is an unknown quantity at this point
dam, do oem type x cars really have that many holes drilled into the rocker for the skirt clips?
crzsteveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 08:55 AM   #23
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
does that book happen to give measurements for placement of the rear wing? I've heard some ballpark numbers, but nothing set in stone.
Old 04-07-2022, 08:58 PM   #24
Dim

Dim is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry to dig up an old thread.

Does anyone have the diagrams of the front bar and lip install that are no longer hosted above?
Dim is offline   Reply With Quote