Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 07-25-2011, 10:23 AM   #1
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
The Master’s Degree as the new Bachelor’s Degree?

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/24/ed...rs-t.html?_r=2

Quote:
master’s is now the fastest-growing degree. The number awarded, about 657,000 in 2009, has more than doubled since the 1980s, and the rate of increase has quickened substantially in the last couple of years, says Debra W. Stewart, president of the Council of Graduate Schools. Nearly 2 in 25 people age 25 and over have a master’s, about the same proportion that had a bachelor’s or higher in 1960.

“Several years ago it became very clear to us that master’s education was moving very rapidly to become the entry degree in many professions,” Dr. Stewart says. The sheen has come, in part, because the degrees are newly specific and utilitarian. These are not your general master’s in policy or administration. Even the M.B.A., observed one business school dean, “is kind of too broad in the current environment.” Now, you have the M.S. in supply chain management, and in managing mission-driven organizations. There’s an M.S. in skeletal and dental bioarchaeology, and an M.A. in learning and thinking.

“There is definitely some devaluing of the college degree going on,” says Eric A. Hanushek, an education economist at the Hoover Institution, and that gives the master’s extra signaling power. “We are going deeper into the pool of high school graduates for college attendance,” making a bachelor’s no longer an adequate screening measure of achievement for employers.

Colleges are turning out more graduates than the market can bear, and a master’s is essential for job seekers to stand out — that, or a diploma from an elite undergraduate college, says Richard K. Vedder, professor of economics at Ohio University and director of the Center for College Affordability and Productivity.
I'm posting this up to see what others here think. There's quite a few recent grads as well as current students.

Pretty much everything I was told about higher education growing up was a lie or was hopelessly outdated information. Masters = Entry level? thats when you know we need to start tearing shit down to build it back up, beacuse that my friends, is not something thats going to work forever
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2011, 10:29 AM   #2
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
first the bachelor's degree was equivalent to a high school diploma and now master's degree is going to be as common a bachelor's degree? what's next? everyone will have ph.d?

i hope to one day pursue my master's degree despite it becoming a more and more illogical choice for me (like using that money to help on the downpayment for a house instead), but i think it's more of a personal goal for me so even though i don't think the cost/rewards are worth it i will probably still try to go for it. (sort of like dumping all this money into cars).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:06 AM   #3
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
This shit is heartbreakingly unattainable for most ppl. I don't even wanna think about the amount of debt you'll need to amass to get a Masters these days. I do have friends that are doing it/have done it. But most of them just plan on continuing to take classes until they die so the loans won't go into default...

I swear the credit/debt system makes no sense to me. I live by cash and owe no one anything. I pay for classes out of my own pocket and if I can't afford it then I don't buy it. And yet the credit system punishes me not amassing debt in school loans and credit cards. Fuck this shit. Thats the reason global economy is sooo fucked up now.
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:09 AM   #4
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
I'm with Simmy on this. One, the amount of defaulted loans is ever increasing. Shits not cool. Two, I can't afford that shit! Three, education, as is, is pretty sub-par. Motherfuckers are getting A's in Critical Writing when they can't even fully form a solid sentence without any grammatical errors. WHAT THE SHIT IS THAT?!?!
SochBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:10 AM   #5
bb4_96
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
bb4_96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I don't like the way they titled the article. Masters curriculum becoming more specific is an appropriate response to the rise in some career fields. For instance BSME is pretty general. But with some preliminary courses taken one can take graduate coursework in composites/mechatronics/aerospace. It's a good way to make general ME grads stand out against the rest.

In addition lots of sectors are flooded with grads in general degree areas. It's only natural to assume employers will seek the best of the best. With companies dipping into the professional world labor pool more and more expect much more competition. I hope our societal foundation can keep up.
bb4_96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:14 AM   #6
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soooshi View Post
One, the amount of defaulted loans is ever increasing. Shits not cool.
Dude, can you imagine whats gonna happen if the politicians in Washington doesn't come to some agreement on the US Debt Ceiling and the country defaults on its loans?!?

We'll all suffer horribly, but you ppl who live on credit will be absolutely fucked. Interest rates are gonna increase across the board.
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:19 AM   #7
bb4_96
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
This shit is heartbreakingly unattainable for most ppl. I don't even wanna think about the amount of debt you'll need to amass to get a Masters these days. I do have friends that are doing it/have done it. But most of them just plan on continuing to take classes until they die so the loans won't go into default...

I swear the credit/debt system makes no sense to me. I live by cash and owe no one anything. I pay for classes out of my own pocket and if I can't afford it then I don't buy it. And yet the credit system punishes me not amassing debt in school loans and credit cards. Fuck this shit. Thats the reason global economy is sooo fucked up now.
Credit system in this country is a joke. But it's more about lack of punishment for wrongdoing then lack of punishment for not utilizing it. Not everyone should go to school. The thought that everybody should go to school just to go is ignorant. Tell your friends, amassing debt and taking bs classes to stay out of default, to drop out. Thats the reason why aid is so fucking difficult to get. My friend made $65k last year driving a garbage truck. Go get paid and stop wasting time and money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soooshi View Post
I'm with Simmy on this. One, the amount of defaulted loans is ever increasing. Shits not cool. Two, I can't afford that shit! Three, education, as is, is pretty sub-par. Motherfuckers are getting A's in Critical Writing when they can't even fully form a solid sentence without any grammatical errors. WHAT THE SHIT IS THAT?!?!
Defaulted loans is ever increasing because people have no sense. If people quit doing stupid shit with federal aid everyone could afford that shit. education in this country is great if you aren't going to school for bullshit ass non-paying degrees. I love painting but fuck if I'm gonna bet my loan repayment against it.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:36 AM   #8
g00se
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
g00se is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Some internships are requiring Master's degrees now.. its crap. Bachelor's degrees are usually only worthwhile if you have an in demand major, usually engineering.

I have a Bachelors degree in Finance and MIS and due to a lack of jobs and opportunities am about to leave for Army OCS. =(
g00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:41 AM   #9
bb4_96
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by g00se View Post
Some internships are requiring Master's degrees now.. its crap. Bachelor's degrees are usually only worthwhile if you have an in demand major, usually engineering.

I have a Bachelors degree in Finance and MIS and due to a lack of jobs and opportunities am about to leave for Army OCS. =(
I think you'll be happy with that decision. Honestly you'll probably sit behind a desk and lead a better life than you would have with the master's. Every day I contemplate going back into the AF. Officer money is fucking retarded and you actually get a retirement. Good luck finding that on the outside. In illinois, if you see a retired service officer vanity plate, chances are it's on a benz or better.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:57 AM   #10
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
military benefits are great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:03 PM   #11
g00se
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
g00se is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I'm just saying it stupid now that it now takes 6+ years of school to find yourself in an INTERNSHIP position

education is a crock.
g00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:17 PM   #12
bb4_96
Zilvia Addict

Education is the product of it's environment. The labor market is flooded with professionals entering the workforce. yet every year companies cry to the labor bureau that there are no qualified candidates. If everybody that felt shafted got out and voiced there opinion they wouldn't still be losing jobs to foreign professionals. If one more of my co-workers get replaced by an idian dude I swear I'm going back into the military.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:25 PM   #13
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
The education bubble is going to pop really soon, and its going to be very nasty when it happens.

What I'm telling my kids...Internships -> Graduate -> Job (with company you interned in, hopefully).
Old 07-25-2011, 12:35 PM   #14
bb4_96
Zilvia Addict

^ Internships are great if you can find them. I hope they become more available than now in the future when my kids get to that place.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:05 PM   #15
Otto347
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
Otto347 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Or learn a trade. Fuck college.
Otto347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 02:59 PM   #16
icedsole
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
icedsole is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb4_96 View Post
My friend made $65k last year driving a garbage truck. Go get paid and stop wasting time and money.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:01 PM   #17
niscur29
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
niscur29 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
I have both. My masters took three years and cost me 1 class. My employer picked up the rest. Thats the only way to do it nowadays. The truth of the matter is no matter how much education you have the real world after school is what makes or breaks you. Ive seen kids fresh outta school with honors not be able to handle day to day work. And kids who barely graduated work out better. It all depends on how you apply yourself with that education.

For reference, the employer that paid for my Masters did not adjust my salary once I finished. However my new employer did take my MS into account and now I make 30k a year more because of it. In the engineering field both education and experience get you the dough.
niscur29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:35 PM   #18
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I think employers are probably shooting themselves in the foot if somehow they feel the need to hire M.A. grads over B.A.s. You're really going to limit yourself to the amount of ppl who qualify, especially those who probably have more work exp, and are just as, if not more capable.

Lot of the specialized M.A. jobs are something I feel pretty skeptical about as well. There are M.A. degrees for such things like 'creative writing'. How is that going to make the person more marketable for the job market? Do you really need an MA for that? Very specialized admin degrees are also something I can't find compelling. Are these just fads, or how likely is that job going to be off-shored in the near future? Anything admin can probably be moved to India. It's just risky to invest in an education like that.

Personally I would just stick to tried and tested degrees that will probably be around for some time to come, some line of work you can reasonably enjoy, have job security, and make a decent living. I'm working on my second year in my M.A. program for psychology. After that I'll shoot for a phd in psychology, or md in psychiatry. It's what I see myself enjoying and not something that can be realistically offshored.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:27 AM   #19
amdnivram
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (16)
amdnivram is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to amdnivram
Yeah its depressing, grad school should be costing me 200k. I can't say im looking forward to it.

http://silaudrey.blogspot.com/
amdnivram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 04:40 AM   #20
word sux
Zilvia FREAK!

word sux is an unknown quantity at this point
the problem now with college is that it in no way "guarentees" you a job. Back in our parents day a college degree was a huge deal but now anyone can get one.

now you actually have to be exceptional to get a job
word sux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 04:46 AM   #21
bb4_96
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdnivram View Post
Yeah its depressing, grad school should be costing me 200k. I can't say im looking forward to it.
^Seriously? For what/where?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
I think employers are probably shooting themselves in the foot if somehow they feel the need to hire M.A. grads over B.A.s. You're really going to limit yourself to the amount of ppl who qualify, especially those who probably have more work exp, and are just as, if not more capable.
Yes and no. There are more professional immigrants every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
It's what I see myself enjoying and not something that can be realistically offshored.
Not neccessarily offshored... onshored. Anybody in science/mathematics has probably seen this trend.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:56 AM   #22
TheWolf
Zilvia FREAK!

TheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant future
I'm in nursing now, and they've screwed it up in this educational sense. First you needed a ASN to get employed. now some hospitals are "magnet" hospitals which is like some gov't medicare money they're chasing. So now they're only hiring 4 years. The pay difference between a 2 year and a 4 year educated nurse? $0.50/hr. Yeah. 50 Cents. whoopty ding dong. Paying another 6k for 2 years of schooling to get another 50 cents an hour. Do they teach you any more in those last two years? nope it's mostly theory classes. Infact it can be done almost entirely online through Florida State. So all those nurse practitioners and CRNA's that are going to come into the field and save money for obama care? They just bumped all those people from a masters degree to a doctorate. Seriously WTF. Let alone finding a school with clinicals close to your home. The price since it's all graduate level classes is about $85k for the trip. You make about $10/hr more that what you would have made as a critical care nurse. If you have a BSN you're about 6 classes away from a Pre-Med Degree Bachelors. Just go and become a doctor, it's almost the same price. Make way more.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:52 AM   #23
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

My wife has her Master's in Social Work and addictions (Specialist). I can't speak on other masteral degrees, but a lot of schools are now fast-tracking MBA programs, and requirements are less strict. Some programs don't even require work experience anymore which I think is kind of dumb. I can't imagine being able to participate in any sort of class discussion without anything to draw from.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:37 AM   #24
bb4_96
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolf View Post
I'm in nursing now, and they've screwed it up in this educational sense. First you needed a ASN to get employed. now some hospitals are "magnet" hospitals which is like some gov't medicare money they're chasing. So now they're only hiring 4 years. The pay difference between a 2 year and a 4 year educated nurse? $0.50/hr. Yeah. 50 Cents. whoopty ding dong. Paying another 6k for 2 years of schooling to get another 50 cents an hour. Do they teach you any more in those last two years? nope it's mostly theory classes. Infact it can be done almost entirely online through Florida State. So all those nurse practitioners and CRNA's that are going to come into the field and save money for obama care? They just bumped all those people from a masters degree to a doctorate. Seriously WTF. Let alone finding a school with clinicals close to your home. The price since it's all graduate level classes is about $85k for the trip. You make about $10/hr more that what you would have made as a critical care nurse. If you have a BSN you're about 6 classes away from a Pre-Med Degree Bachelors. Just go and become a doctor, it's almost the same price. Make way more.
I know ER nurses that put away $40+ an hour. Does it matter how long they went to school?
Old 07-26-2011, 08:22 AM   #25
BongateerZ32
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
BongateerZ32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
the people that think it really costs them 200k out of their own pocket are not doing it right. and of course 100k in debt seems like a lot when you make 10 bucks an hour, but with the income afterwards its manageable; especially when your employer is willing to pick up part or all of the tab. debt is not so black and white these days. dont throw away a valuable tool out of ignorance.

i personally think there's nothing wrong with people having to be smarter to get ahead. with the population growing, sorta smart isnt smart enough these days. a real winners gonna rise to the top. not the top that some high school counselor told them about, but the real top above other real life people that work as hard as they do. if it was easy, wouldnt every one be on top?

that means the country's population as a whole is improving. which is good isnt it? you can move to a shit hole country where every one is uneducated, and a bachelors makes you a genious. you can also compare yourself to a bum and call yourself rich.

as for being happy making 65k a year driving a literal shit box, that may be great for some; but not everyone. not knocking your buddy, as the world needs blue collar workers. who else will be the white collar workers' minions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by word sux View Post
the problem now with college is that it in no way "guarentees" you a job. Back in our parents day a college degree was a huge deal but now anyone can get one.

now you actually have to be exceptional to get a job
you mean you gotta be better than other people who want the same job as you? AND they went to college too? damn, i thought we didnt have to work hard anymore...

a wise man once said:
"losers always whine about doing their best, winners go home and fuck the prom queen."
BongateerZ32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:25 AM   #26
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
This is why i strayed away from getting my masters or going into law school. Alot of the people who do such things are doing it to avoid the shitty ass job market thats out there right now but arent realizing that they should be gaining some real world field experience. Granted there are intern positions out there but most of the time they just make you do bitch work with not alot of important content for you to pick up.

After I got my bachelors I decided that I am gonna test the shark infested waters known as the CA job market. So far nothing but at least I am going through this BS now rather than when I am closer to 30 with an almost 100k debt and not knowing how I am gonna pay for it.
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:37 AM   #27
TheWolf
Zilvia FREAK!

TheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb4_96 View Post
I know ER nurses that put away $40+ an hour. Does it matter how long they went to school?
Depends on the hospital and location. California obviously pays more because it costs more to live and they want only 4 years. A trained ER nurse with 3 years exp, CERN, ACLS, and PALS certs could easily pull 25-30/hr here in florida. That's before differential/OT. Nights is about $3+ and weekends is $4+. So it's quite possible to pull good pay on a saturday night in the ER. Yes you could be doing that with an ASN degree but they're really pushing for the BSN now. At the same time, you're dealing with drunks, idiots, meth addicts, homeless, etc. It's no cake walk. Don't go into nursing for the pay, you'll be deeply disapointed.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:41 AM   #28
murda-c
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
This depresses me as i havent even started college yet.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:46 AM   #29
Silverbullet
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
Silverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Silverbullet
Quote:
Originally Posted by murda-c View Post
don't be. Most participants in this thread saw some internet video about why college is a scam and took it to heart. Others are just haters.

Study something that will have a good return and put effort into finding and job and anyone would do fine. Where you live, there are plenty of jobs and is hardly affected by the economic down turn.
Go back to whatever Honda forum you came from.
Silverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:23 AM   #30
bb4_96
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by murda-c View Post
Just go to school for something that makes sense. Think about your career after school and decide if its gonna work for you. Just like anything If you do your research your less likely to get burned. If you go to school for accounting, and don't plan on getting your master's, good luck finding a job. If you go to school for something manufacturing related good luck staying unemployed. CNC operators always in demand, engineers always in demand, chemists, scientists etc, always in demnd.