Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-01-2020, 12:03 PM   #1
kTrainHurricane
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
kTrainHurricane is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
GP Sports vs Yashio Factory vs ???

Trying to find some info on the various ?small? Japanese tuning shops, and haven?t been too successful. Does anybody have any knowledge to share about how companies such as GP Sports, Yashio Factory and others compare in regards to proven gains, quality, durability, etc.?
kTrainHurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2020, 12:58 PM   #2
s13silvia123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
s13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
all i can say my aero kit fits like a glove

s13silvia123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 04:40 PM   #3
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Look at sammit on youtube. he does a lot with yashio and yashio has their own channel now. gp sports has a lot of hot version content, probably the last 180sx connoisseur left.... Most have moved onto the s15 chassis now
Old 04-01-2020, 04:44 PM   #4
kTrainHurricane
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
Look at sammit on youtube. he does a lot with yashio and yashio has their own channel now. gp sports has a lot of hot version content, probably the last 180sx connoisseur left.... Most have moved onto the s15 chassis now
Awesome, will do! Thanks for the info
Old 04-01-2020, 05:54 PM   #5
Zenkipowered
Leaky Injector

Zenkipowered is making a name for him/her selfZenkipowered is making a name for him/her self
Cant go wrong with either brand, both are my top fav brands for my S-chassis.

I Currently run the GP SPORTS Aero kit and Yashio parts.
Old 04-02-2020, 08:54 AM   #6
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Still on the fence about it, but I might be selling my brand new GP Sports G-Sonic Zero One front bumper for the kouki s14. I've waited months for it and it just arrived. Just trying to free up some cash for a new car I bought. LMK if you're interested.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 03:55 PM   #7
kTrainHurricane
Zilvia Member

Checking in again to see if anybody has info to share. Can't find much out on the internet...

Looking into purchase the GP Sports or Yashio Factory exhaust manifold. Anybody have experience with either of them?

Also looking at the intake manifolds, although they appear to be the same. I'm thinking GP Sports produces them for Yashio. The stock photos of each one I've seen listed on various websites appear to be the same. Also have very similar descriptions. And Yashio Factory's data numbers for their YP Turbo state they were achieved using a GP Sports intake manifold, exhaust manifold, and exhaust. Can anybody confirm?
Old 06-19-2020, 04:44 PM   #8
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
GpSport G-Master coilovers are one of the best options there are for s-chassis. Mine are like 10 years old and still work perfectly.

I just got a Silk Road exhaust manifold myself.

Why are you wanting to change intake manifolds?
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 04:57 PM   #9
kTrainHurricane
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
GpSport G-Master coilovers are one of the best options there are for s-chassis. Mine are like 10 years old and still work perfectly.

I just got a Silk Road exhaust manifold myself.

Why are you wanting to change intake manifolds?
Working on what will be a show car. So, ya know - ?JDM parts, yo!?
Old 06-19-2020, 05:49 PM   #10
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
alright im going to go out on a limb here and say they are the same manifold. I'm looking at them in pictures from rhdjapan, and nengun, and they like the same manifold. same little "support" pieces on the bottom of each runner near the main flange, same bolt on support bracket for the turbine flange, everything. Yashio Factory is a great brand, but they (he) tends to be a little pricey. Being a smaller shop, not every part may be made in house, possibly even that manifold. I've watched a bunch of Sammit's videos when he's in okachan's shop, and it doesn't look like there's a level of production fabrication going on, it's more bespoke...so it may be a real possibility that gp sports is making them to his specs. It's hard to say for certain. RHD Japan lists more specific feature on the gp sports manifold, and y.f. just has nice pics and a price..so it's hard to be 100 percent on it (maybe this is on purpose?)

Either would be fine, both would be susceptible to cracks like any other manifold (especially that design with multiple welds for each runner...not saying it will, they are both quality pieces, but even the best manifolds sometimes crack, just the game we play..). Either would get you brownie points at a show, and both look super cool jdm yo!

Would you consider a third option? I've always thought about running a FullRace manifold, if my tomei decided to shit the bed one day. The manifold is at the same price-point as the JDM ones, but with a little something extra..easy to reach tech support and a stateside phone number for warranty issues. I've met Geoff Raicer, the owner of the company, and beyond being super nice, his level of detail and craftsmanship that go into those manifolds is unmatched by anyone else that I've come across. Now I know this isn't a "super cool jdm" part, but its still an amazing piece that not a ton of people rock, and is still made by a great company that means a lot when people see it. If I were a judge at a show, I'd be impressed.

Sorry about the large image, taken from their website.

Link to the part:
https://ffperformance.co/product/ful...iABEgIUkfD_BwE
Old 06-21-2020, 10:26 PM   #11
kTrainHurricane
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsauto View Post
alright im going to go out on a limb here and say they are the same manifold. I'm looking at them in pictures from rhdjapan, and nengun, and they like the same manifold. same little "support" pieces on the bottom of each runner near the main flange, same bolt on support bracket for the turbine flange, everything. Yashio Factory is a great brand, but they (he) tends to be a little pricey. Being a smaller shop, not every part may be made in house, possibly even that manifold. I've watched a bunch of Sammit's videos when he's in okachan's shop, and it doesn't look like there's a level of production fabrication going on, it's more bespoke...so it may be a real possibility that gp sports is making them to his specs. It's hard to say for certain. RHD Japan lists more specific feature on the gp sports manifold, and y.f. just has nice pics and a price..so it's hard to be 100 percent on it (maybe this is on purpose?)

Either would be fine, both would be susceptible to cracks like any other manifold (especially that design with multiple welds for each runner...not saying it will, they are both quality pieces, but even the best manifolds sometimes crack, just the game we play..). Either would get you brownie points at a show, and both look super cool jdm yo!

Would you consider a third option? I've always thought about running a FullRace manifold, if my tomei decided to shit the bed one day. The manifold is at the same price-point as the JDM ones, but with a little something extra..easy to reach tech support and a stateside phone number for warranty issues. I've met Geoff Raicer, the owner of the company, and beyond being super nice, his level of detail and craftsmanship that go into those manifolds is unmatched by anyone else that I've come across. Now I know this isn't a "super cool jdm" part, but its still an amazing piece that not a ton of people rock, and is still made by a great company that means a lot when people see it. If I were a judge at a show, I'd be impressed.

Sorry about the large image, taken from their website.

Link to the part:
https://ffperformance.co/product/ful...iABEgIUkfD_BwE
Thanks for the input. I did look at Full Race, but in order to stay "true" to the build, I want to stick with Japanese products only.
Old 06-22-2020, 11:24 AM   #12
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
If you want to stick 'true' then it's irrelevant on the quality - especially if you're going to show the thing off. Pick whatever you think 'looks' cooler as that is the main aesthetic behind show cars. GP and Yashio share a lot of the same parts and sell eachothers stuff. It's a similar mindset to the shops here. Get whichever you enjoy looking at - they'll both essentially accomplish what you want them to do. If you're looking for performance, you may be looking in the wrong country on this one.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 11:30 AM   #13
kTrainHurricane
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDoopa View Post
If you want to stick 'true' then it's irrelevant on the quality - especially if you're going to show the thing off. Pick whatever you think 'looks' cooler as that is the main aesthetic behind show cars. GP and Yashio share a lot of the same parts and sell eachothers stuff. It's a similar mindset to the shops here. Get whichever you enjoy looking at - they'll both essentially accomplish what you want them to do. If you're looking for performance, you may be looking in the wrong country on this one.
I get what you're saying, but I disagree with your first line in the post.

If I'm considering 2 parts that are "equal" in all aspects besides quality, why wouldn't I get get the "better" one? If country of origin + price + availability + purpose are all the same, but 1 is known to hurt performance or be very unreliable (or the other has shown to make huge gains and/or last forever), why would I choose the lesser of my 2 options?

Not "attacking" here...just making conversation. I appreciate your input.
Old 06-22-2020, 11:32 AM   #14
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsauto View Post

They don't actually make that manifold anymore unfortunately. They do make a top-mount T25 unit though, which solves the bottom mount gasket blowing issue.

https://www.full-race.com/store/borg.../topmountsr20/

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 04:19 PM   #15
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I ordered Yashio Factory radiator hoses because they're pink and look neat, only received the top hose. They only make a top hose lol.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 05:38 PM   #16
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
I ordered Yashio Factory radiator hoses because they're pink and look neat, only received the top hose. They only make a top hose lol.

Why would sumone make a top hose and not a bottom...kinda weird..
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 08:03 PM   #17
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
never knew they stopped making the bottom mount ! that's lame. ...also, blowing out metal gaskets? wtf are you doing to do that? lol. I've blown tons of outlet to downpipe gaskets, but never a t2 flange one. Not saying it doesn't happen..just never thought of it.

anyways, if you wanna stick to jdm brands, I think the HKS one is still in production. some advertise it for s14/s15, but I'm sure it would work on an s13sr. Problem is, if whoever you get it from doesn't have it in stock, then you have to wait for it to be built. Kind of a pain, but you get to brag to people at shows about how long it took you to get it
Old 06-24-2020, 01:59 PM   #18
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
There done.... All the JDM exhaust brands.

https://www.rhdjapan.com/search/engi...ds-and-headers