Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-25-2019, 02:01 PM   #22501
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by caspa View Post
Can you run a Fan clutch just by itself without the OEM fan shroud and OEM electric fan?
No. Its worthless with out the shroud.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2019, 03:01 PM   #22502
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
No. Its worthless with out the shroud.
the shroud enclosure around the fan allows the van to create vacuum to pull air thru the radiator (it also helps to push air past the motor inside the engine bay to help cool it a bit). without the shroud, it will not create vacuum and will pull almost nothing thru the radiator.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 07:06 AM   #22503
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by caspa View Post
Can you run a Fan clutch just by itself without the OEM fan shroud and OEM electric fan?
Spend the few hundred dollars for the fan, aluminum radiator, and shroud kit with a fan controller. Dual electric fans that both run at teh same time do not draw mechanical power from the engine, ie, no parasitic drag. One can literally sit in the hottest weather bumper to bumper traffic with this set up, and not overheat, it's that effective
Old 01-26-2019, 06:13 PM   #22504
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Looking for longest out tie rod end that’ll work on a s14. I saw a thread with the entire lengths of different nissans but I’m looking for just ends. Installed GKTeck knuckles and ran out of adjustment on my ends. Not looking for angle, just an Nissan tie rod end that will work.
Old 01-27-2019, 06:55 AM   #22505
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by afishysilvia View Post
Looking for longest out tie rod end that’ll work on a s14. I saw a thread with the entire lengths of different nissans but I’m looking for just ends. Installed GKTeck knuckles and ran out of adjustment on my ends. Not looking for angle, just an Nissan tie rod end that will work.
I used a Gates rebuild kit on my rack, and ISR inner and outer tie rods. I'm not hunting angle. I will tell you this though, there is something satisfactory about turning inside a half lane without any bump steer. Bonus is also way more fun at speed on twisty roads with this new 'quick steer'. Had to change out the entire steering box on my old 66 Mustang to get this!
Old 01-27-2019, 02:30 PM   #22506
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by afishysilvia View Post
'90 Maxima outer works and is 1" longer than S14.

There is also the GKTech outer that has 3 adjustable lengths: stock, +15mm, and +35mm.
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 03:33 PM   #22507
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by derass View Post

There is also the GKTech outer that has 3 adjustable lengths: stock, +15mm, and +35mm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post
I used a Gates rebuild kit on my rack, and ISR inner and outer tie rods. I'm not hunting angle. I will tell you this though, there is something satisfactory about turning inside a half lane without any bump steer. Bonus is also way more fun at speed on twisty roads with this new 'quick steer'. Had to change out the entire steering box on my old 66 Mustang to get this!
He ended up grabbing GK inners/outers.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
mr.nismo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 11:26 PM   #22508
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone with tomei 256 cams: what's your idle vacuum reading? All the threads I find are people with too low vacuum from installation errors. I wanted to see what actual readings are. Debating on a vacuum pump for the booster if it's really going to be too low. I can't imagine how bad since the 256 is super mild. Thanks in advance.

mr.nismo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 11:28 PM   #22509
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by derass View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.nismo. View Post
He ended up grabbing GK inners/outers.

Thanks guys for all the input, like mr.nismo said I went with GK inners and outers after he showed me the specs.
Old 01-30-2019, 07:42 PM   #22510
Jason9011
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (11)
Jason9011 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
No idea if this is the correct spot for this but what ever happened to GTR Garage? I was always curious....
Jason9011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 08:09 PM   #22511
TheBlackHand
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
TheBlackHand is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason9011 View Post
No idea if this is the correct spot for this but what ever happened to GTR Garage? I was always curious....
Out of business I guess. They haven’t posted anything on their FB, IG, or Twitter in over 2 years.
TheBlackHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 09:10 PM   #22512
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
nisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Does anyone happen to know the dimensions of the PBM HMIC? Looked all over the websites and can't find it...
nisileighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 06:33 AM   #22513
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisileighty View Post
Does anyone happen to know the dimensions of the PBM HMIC? Looked all over the websites and can't find it...
You can ask them by contacting, or you can get a 'scaled' ruler and simply measure it by the standard given: intake is 2.5", exit is 2.75"

Nominally about 7" tall, 3" thick, and 20" wide, but my scale is down with my knife stuff right now and I'm too lazy to measure a photo and have no reason to contact PBM
Old 02-01-2019, 09:05 AM   #22514
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
nisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
You can ask them by contacting, or you can get a 'scaled' ruler and simply measure it by the standard given: intake is 2.5", exit is 2.75"

Nominally about 7" tall, 3" thick, and 20" wide, but my scale is down with my knife stuff right now and I'm too lazy to measure a photo and have no reason to contact PBM

Good advice, thanks!
nisileighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 06:05 PM   #22515
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
At what point can we actually start asking 10k+ for good condition, restored and lightly modified 240s? People always harp on folks selling cars for 7k+, but just curious on other people's opinions on this one.
Old 02-05-2019, 06:16 PM   #22516
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTTon View Post
At what point can we actually start asking 10k+ for good condition, restored and lightly modified 240s? People always harp on folks selling cars for 7k+, but just curious on other people's opinions on this one.
When inflation gets to the point people start paying it. Most people harping on prices weren't going to buy anything in the first place. Serious buyers slide into the DMs.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 07:50 PM   #22517
TheBlackHand
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
TheBlackHand is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
If you want great feedback for this question move it to the “Official old grumpy assholes of zilvia” thread. Not calling you a grumpy old asshole lol, this is the actual name of the thread.
It’s a better thread for this question since they’ve brought up the subject of current price trends in the s-chassis community.
TheBlackHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 07:05 AM   #22518
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
We can ask $10k or even higher for well built, completely restored/modified 240's easily. In point of fact, within the past few years a very good specimen was sold in Washington for 9k. A rotisserie, fully painted, total restoration as in ALL brand new parts 1996 SE sold for 23k. A partially built Pro AM/Pro kouki sold for over 9k right here in mid TN where sellers according to local buyers add too much drift tax, and sellers state that buyers just are low balling fuck bois and I know what I got.
Sure parts, bushings, new built engines with all new parts on them, nice clean well done paint, all that adds up to over 10k. Add the total up, insuring all parts have been replaced to new standards or cleaned to a 10/10 state. On a clean titled car, subtract 25% and that is about what it will sell for nation wide. People drive across the country for 240's if they are done right, and that one person really wants that car.

Mine, when it was a beautiful BASF Onyx Red with orange pearl, a car that had been brought to the shop for work, liened on due to non payment becuase all work was not performed and owner fought and lost, was selling for 8k becuase new windows, killer paint, kouki tails...but the rub upon seeing this 8k car...

The tails leaked becuase not sealed right(at a BODY SHOP), and trunk was full of water.

Only steering rack, and front sway bar bushings were replaced, remainder of total kit was in the back seat.

Shop had actual 3500 investment into car.

I said FU to 8k and made a hard offer or 5500 on the phone. Upon inspection and seeing they lied I handed them 4500, or 1k profit.

Now, that car isn't worth 1500, no matter how much money I put into it becuase even though it has a clean title, it was rebuilt(go ahead, without knowledge or declaration, LOOK at the front of the car and you will think it was never wrecked. It was rebuilt to factory standards, seams and all(front damage, core forward). Who cares, not selling, dumping enough funds to meet cause for divorce levels into it, and by the time it IS done, I'll legit be around 35k into it and done. If I sell, it's still a 1500 car, so I'll have to add parts, paint, etc up, make sure yeah its all fucking new or replaced with new, drop 25% and put it out there with a huge amount of drift tax

😅😅😅😅💀
Old 02-09-2019, 04:08 PM   #22519
burnsauto
Post Whore!

burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
Alright, been throwing around the idea of using Sentra SE-R Spec-V front calipers (factory brembos). I like how they're sized for a similar weighted vehicle, not super expensive, should fit most wheel applications, etc.

What I don't like is the idea of having to use rotors drilled out for 5 lug. These brakes have been around for awhile, and when guys first started using them that was the only option. Nowadays I'm wondering if there is a more elegant solution for this problem, anyone ever figure it out? I've done a little digging but can't come up with a match. The factory rotors are only 22mm thick, but decently sized, 305mm. Altima SE-R rotors are too large and too thick (26mm iirc), and everything else is either too small or too large, and that's before I even get onto rotor hat depth.

For some reason tonight wilwoods website isn't loading, which is a shame because they have so much information to the public. Searched zilvia..nothing I could find, but maybe someone else knows.
Old 02-10-2019, 08:36 AM   #22520
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsauto View Post
Alright, been throwing around the idea of using Sentra SE-R Spec-V front calipers (factory brembos). I like how they're sized for a similar weighted vehicle, not super expensive, should fit most wheel applications, etc.

What I don't like is the idea of having to use rotors drilled out for 5 lug. These brakes have been around for awhile, and when guys first started using them that was the only option. Nowadays I'm wondering if there is a more elegant solution for this problem, anyone ever figure it out? I've done a little digging but can't come up with a match. The factory rotors are only 22mm thick, but decently sized, 305mm. Altima SE-R rotors are too large and too thick (26mm iirc), and everything else is either too small or too large, and that's before I even get onto rotor hat depth.

For some reason tonight wilwoods website isn't loading, which is a shame because they have so much information to the public. Searched zilvia..nothing I could find, but maybe someone else knows.
I just micc'd a pair of NEW Unused 97 (Kouki) rotors at 25.2mm, 5 lug. Post July 1996 all rotors should be one size, this size(ABS size). Pre July 96 non ABS is a tad smaller
Old 02-10-2019, 10:29 AM   #22521
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Im in the processing of trying to rebuild my 3 piece wheels, and Im stuck at step 1 which is breaking the hardware loose. The nuts in the back of the face just wont break loose and I was wondering if anyone had some tips for breaking them loose. Would PB Blaster help?

I believe it is common to use locktite on the assembly hardware when building 3 piece builds, and I believe mine may be loctited. Ive read that applying heat may help. Anyone with experience please chime in.

Last edited by DJTTon; 02-10-2019 at 04:31 PM..
DJTTon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 10:33 AM   #22522
burnsauto
Post Whore!

burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
what about the size of the face?
Old 02-10-2019, 10:50 AM   #22523
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Sorry, but is this referring to my question?
Old 02-11-2019, 12:48 PM   #22524
Zenki_559
Leaky Injector

Zenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of light
Does anybody know the dimensions of the S13 silvia aero bumper vents? I recently purchased a Bomex bumper that looks identical to the aero bumper, and was curious if the OE vents would fit.
I know DorkiDori makes them, so I'm assuming he would know.
Zenki_559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 12:49 PM   #22525
Zenki_559
Leaky Injector

Zenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of light
Double post

Last edited by Zenki_559; 02-11-2019 at 12:49 PM.. Reason: double post
Zenki_559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 11:47 PM   #22526
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenki_559 View Post
Does anybody know the dimensions of the S13 silvia aero bumper vents? I recently purchased a Bomex bumper that looks identical to the aero bumper, and was curious if the OE vents would fit.
I know DorkiDori makes them, so I'm assuming he would know.
message me via www.facebook.com/dorkidoriclothing

also, send me pics of this bumper

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 06:25 AM   #22527
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
https://www.moddit.com/Answers/View/...x+brake+rotors
Old 02-12-2019, 09:43 AM   #22528
jbrowne

jbrowne is an unknown quantity at this point
Im looking for threads on degreeing cams for sr20 (BC 264/264). Unable to find much with the search function...
jbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 02:52 PM   #22529
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Bump

Editted.

Last edited by DJTTon; 02-12-2019 at 05:34 PM..
DJTTon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 02:12 AM   #22530
stacyjohnna

stacyjohnna is an unknown quantity at this point
Suggestion For MIG Welder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzann T. Lyons View Post
Thanks for sharing your experience. I will now definitely buy a leather protector to stay safe from any such burns. One more thing about the welder. I found this https://topreviewedten.com/best-mig-welder/. Is any of these MIG Welder, Handheld, 120VAC, LOTOS MIG175 175AMPmentioned in this list worth buying? If not then can you suggest some options?
I will suggest you buy Hobart 500559 Handler 140 MIG Welder (110V) as gas valve supports most gas materials And it Works with mild and stainless steel materials alike. I also have the same and I have bought it from here: https://www.bestreviewslist.com/best-mig-welder/ You can check out two more which I think having the exact quality like Hobart 500559, 1. Lincoln Electric PRO-MIG 180 (220V) 2. Everlast PowerMIG 200 (220V)
stacyjohnna is offline   Reply With Quote