Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Nissan News

Nissan News Nissan related news about the 240sx, Silvia, Z cars, or anything that may be of interest to Zilvia.net

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 12:41 AM   #91
TougeKid1
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
TougeKid1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by down_south240 View Post
I don't have to go look at the website to tell you that if they are selling an S15 for 5k shipped that something isn't right with the picture. I sure you can find a website selling pink unicorns, but that doesn't mean that they are actually going to show up at your door.

i already found some one that did it already

from 240sxxs

Quote: i have deal with them and i have bought the car from them before...my s15 for like 5k ...they can import the car for you but the conversiona nd DOT approve ..you on your own...but if u want to get the car completely as kit car which is ( legal ) depend on where you live...they will dismantle the car completely including all parts, tranny, motors, and acceseries , and they will dismantles the car into completely bare metal and only as rolling shell...what they will do is...the shell in one 30-or 40 feet container and all the parts in the sames container...and you will register the car with DMV as KIT CAR ..and just put the parts back your self...that how i did it...must pass 32 way inspection...and need to pass emission..and dot approve... paint in the ass but it well worth it..

there my question awnsered and proof
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2011, 01:02 AM   #92
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TougeKid1 View Post

from 240sxxs

Quote: i have deal with them and i have bought the car from them before...my s15 for like 5k ...they can import the car for you but the conversiona nd DOT approve ..you on your own...but if u want to get the car completely as kit car which is ( legal ) depend on where you live...they will dismantle the car completely including all parts, tranny, motors, and acceseries , and they will dismantles the car into completely bare metal and only as rolling shell...what they will do is...the shell in one 30-or 40 feet container and all the parts in the sames container...and you will register the car with DMV as KIT CAR ..and just put the parts back your self...that how i did it...must pass 32 way inspection...and need to pass emission..and dot approve... paint in the ass but it well worth it..

Like I said earlier you can no longer do this. Especially in California. The FEDS are cracking down on this.
I think you just don't want to hear it, unless the answer fits what you want.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
Old 03-05-2011, 03:47 AM   #93
Toi
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Toi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You guys and your Skylines are a terrorist threat to Uncle Sam and as such they are coming for you..........
Old 03-05-2011, 09:32 AM   #94
down_south240
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (7)
down_south240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Like I said earlier you can no longer do this. Especially in California. The FEDS are cracking down on this.
I think you just don't want to hear it, unless the answer fits what you want.
I think this is what's going on.

So TougeKid1, sure it sounds like a great deal. You should go ahead and go through with it and let everyone know how it turns out in the end. Since you already have proof that it's a legit deal.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:00 AM   #95
Toi
Zilvia Member

Toi is an unknown quantity at this point
LOL people keep trying to work around it and when the 25 year mark hits they will magically have it so the car is permabanned
Old 03-08-2011, 08:26 AM   #96
2000gtx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
2000gtx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
1st off nissan sport magazine thats a joke...our goverment wasting time tracking down skylines..instead of deadbeat dads ,illegal aliens ,drug dealers...child molestors...fixing the economy.it is a peice of metal and plastic shaped in a pleasing way thats all...how is it a car is so dangerous..i understand the feds and epa dont want it here but i dont understand the pressure of it ...stup[id too me...if someone will insure it and you can get it to meet current smog standards than let them in, the gov would probly make money on that deal...i havfe seen some kit cars and 3 wheeled motorcycles how is that any safer...obama needs to wake up and get this gov doing things more important than worrying about some cars...on the track cars comment ...no they cant be imported as a track car i had a gts type m that got took...tried that ploy the task force still took the skyline....
Old 03-09-2011, 02:58 AM   #97
rb25_s13*CHUKI
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
rb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rb25_s13*CHUKI
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
They can't be legally sold. Usually you get an opportunity to export it. But, it can't stay in the US legally. Crushing is the most efficient and cost effective.

Do you want them to give the drug dealers back their drugs after they have been seized?
Giving a drug back and giving a car back is different
Old 03-09-2011, 03:04 AM   #98
rb25_s13*CHUKI
Post Whore!

rb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
who cares about this shit, its ancient history

for one, these cars can always be imported as track only cars... right? RIGHT. because they dont need to meet shits worth of standards, OBD-2? more like OBD-0... crash bars, etc etc.. its all pointless if its for track, which is what it should be.

people go through all this trouble to have a fucking ancient dated ass old car. even the headlights on that r33 make me puke, the shitty RHD halogen ones... which i might add, are completely unsafe and unfit for street use much like the s13 silvia lights all you fucktards are running. if you want to dance, you gotta pay the piper. go through all the fucking hoops to make these cars safe to use on the street. unless you're delivering mail, theres no point to having a RHD car in a country where LHD are the standard. theres no cool factor about it, there have been countless tests showing that there are safety risks involved with driving on the right hand side in this country.

these cars are not rare and not special, they're as universal as the fucking corvette in the States. leave it to the playstation generation to get all emo over a shitty old sportscar. want a gtr? buy a new one. they suck anyway.
These cars are rare over here, what world do u live in? Why are people so nuts over a shitty old 240sx with a piece of shit ka engine? Cause they like it.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:20 AM   #99
2000gtx
Leaky Injector

2000gtx is an unknown quantity at this point
the skyline is not a drug ......it is a peice of metal and plastic...we live in america we should be allowed to drive wtf we want ....so a f150 is more safe to drive? its meets emmision regulations thats all....our gov is a bunch of ass^&%$ we pay taxes ....let us do what we want...i wish somebody that is taking these cars away can explain in detail why it is so dangerous for us to have......but yet you can legally get pot now in ca?
Old 03-09-2011, 11:40 AM   #100
theboy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
theboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TougeKid1 View Post

from 240sxxs

wow and you trust someone that spells at a 3rd grade level. If you could explain what he said, that would be great. Sounds like a total scam and an easy way to lose $5000. But its not my money. Hey can i borrow $5000 since your ready to throw it away anyways?

"paint in the ass but it well worth it.." Sounds horrible and what kinda of freak is taking paint in their ass?
Old 03-09-2011, 03:30 PM   #101
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb25_s13*CHUKI View Post
Giving a drug back and giving a car back is different
No it's not, both are illegal.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:46 AM   #102
LloydXmas
Zilvia Member

LloydXmas is just really niceLloydXmas is just really niceLloydXmas is just really niceLloydXmas is just really niceLloydXmas is just really niceLloydXmas is just really niceLloydXmas is just really niceLloydXmas is just really nice
US Government Turns Up Heat on Skyline Owners

Take a minute to read, its not that owners are whining but they want a change, not for us for everyone. If everyone came together as a community it can change. There is a donation deal going on for lawyer fees to change such laws or atleast put them in more black and white writing.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:56 AM   #103
Ralliart4
Leaky Injector

Ralliart4 is an unknown quantity at this point
I am not sure why there is such a strong focus on just the Skyline brand... maybe because of the popularity or the now dead F&F hype!!! Basically people dont have any money in their pockets so the ability to even get these cars and try to get them passed is ineffective in itself.

I have seen several other 'KIT' cars that are in california but there is no pressure to chase these makers down and crush their cars. Maybe because the nameplate says "FORD" or several other kits that carry american engines. I am have never understood why the standard is so different.

You
Old 03-10-2011, 08:12 PM   #104
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralliart4 View Post
I am not sure why there is such a strong focus on just the Skyline brand... maybe because of the popularity or the now dead F&F hype!!! Basically people dont have any money in their pockets so the ability to even get these cars and try to get them passed is ineffective in itself.

I have seen several other 'KIT' cars that are in california but there is no pressure to chase these makers down and crush their cars. Maybe because the nameplate says "FORD" or several other kits that carry american engines. I am have never understood why the standard is so different.

You
It's because it's a real KIT. If the majority of the parts are from one (production)car it's not a kit.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:05 PM   #105
LloydXmas
Zilvia Member

LloydXmas is just really niceLloydXmas is just really niceLloydXmas is just really niceLloydXmas is just really niceLloydXmas is just really niceLloydXmas is just really niceLloydXmas is just really niceLloydXmas is just really nice
Like I said if everyone came together and simply put in 10 bucks or more monthly (some have more spare change then others) then we could get things in motion. I know a lot about the situation and how grey the laws are. If you have a grey skyline without a drivetrain and its beside it in the garage its legal but if all together then its not. Motorex did it souly on their own. Too bad they chose to make our situation worse by fucking the government to begin with but none the less its not impossible but it takes funding.

Nissan Skyline Owners U.S.A. - Forum - PayPal Donate
Old 03-12-2011, 09:36 AM   #106
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi
these cars are not rare and not special (overseas), they're as universal as the fucking corvette in the States.
Quote:
These cars are rare over here, what world do u live in? Why are people so nuts over a shitty old 240sx with a piece of shit ka engine? Cause they like it.
here, i added something to my first post since it wasnt clear for you. i thought it would be obvious that most people would understand that i was not referring to the States as clearly everyone already knows that the car was not sold here. i can assure you however, that there is no shortage of skylines in other parts of the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by some_idiot_said
i have a deal with them and i have bought the car from them before...my s15 for like 5k ...they can import the car for you but the conversiona nd DOT approve ..you on your own...but if u want to get the car completely as kit car which is ( legal ) depend on where you live...they will dismantle the car completely including all parts, tranny, motors, and acceseries , and they will dismantles the car into completely bare metal and only as rolling shell...what they will do is...the shell in one 30-or 40 feet container and all the parts in the sames container...and you will register the car with DMV as KIT CAR ..and just put the parts back your self...that how i did it...must pass 32 way inspection...and need to pass emission..and dot approve... paint in the ass but it well worth it..
i love how people actually think that taking a car apart and putting it back together again, makes it a kit car. kaizo got their plug pulled for this very same reason, they lied to the government and had their customers line up at dmv to register. its a fact that only XXX amount of people are able to acquire kit car registration annually, first come first serve.

in the end, as dave already pointed out, you still end up with something that is borderline legal but really illegal - and thats why kaizo, their customers and all the cars got their plugs pulled. its like dave chappelle said, you dont fuck with the government maing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydXmas View Post
Take a minute to read, its not that owners are whining but they want a change, not for us for everyone. If everyone came together as a community it can change. There is a donation deal going on for lawyer fees to change such laws or atleast put them in more black and white writing.
save the obama "change" bullshit, if you have faith that chipping in will make a difference, then fine thats on you. i hate "chip in donation positivity bullshit." chip in on cancer, chip in on homelessness... fuck that. i chip in on things that make a difference and where i can see what happens with the money. with all this chipping in, theres been NO difference.. theres still cancer, theres still millions of homeless people, and obama hasnt stopped the war overseas so fuckit, nothings changed.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:30 PM   #107
LloydXmas
Zilvia Member

Quote:
here, i added something to my first post since it wasnt clear for you. i thought it would be obvious that most people would understand that i was not referring to the States as clearly everyone already knows that the car was not sold here. i can assure you however, that there is no shortage of skylines in other parts of the world.

i love how people actually think that taking a car apart and putting it back together again, makes it a kit car. kaizo got their plug pulled for this very same reason, they lied to the government and had their customers line up at dmv to register. its a fact that only XXX amount of people are able to acquire kit car registration annually, first come first serve.

in the end, as dave already pointed out, you still end up with something that is borderline legal but really illegal - and thats why kaizo, their customers and all the cars got their plugs pulled. its like dave chappelle said, you dont fuck with the government maing.

save the obama "change" bullshit, if you have faith that chipping in will make a difference, then fine thats on you. i hate "chip in donation positivity bullshit." chip in on cancer, chip in on homelessness... fuck that. i chip in on things that make a difference and where i can see what happens with the money. with all this chipping in, theres been NO difference.. theres still cancer, theres still millions of homeless people, and obama hasnt stopped the war overseas so fuckit, nothings changed.

wow you are a real positive person, I am sure you have a bright future in life...Hating it...
Old 03-13-2011, 04:12 AM   #108
rb25_s13*CHUKI
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
No it's not, both are illegal.
one Is a more serious offense than the other I can bet my life on that. You wont get In the same trouble for $30000 car as you would $30000 worth of coke or crack. What your comparing Isn't the same. Your more thank likely to get back your 30k over your 30k worth of crack.

One kills you and affects others and kids. While the other being the car doesn't affect shit. You can't compare a drug to a car

sorry Mr. mod you loose this battle
Old 03-13-2011, 11:08 AM   #109
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
one Is a more serious offense than the other I can bet my life on that. You wont get In the same trouble for $30000 car as you would $30000 worth of coke or crack. What your comparing Isn't the same. Your more thank likely to get back your 30k over your 30k worth of crack.

One kills you and affects others and kids. While the other being the car doesn't affect shit. You can't compare a drug to a car

sorry Mr. mod you loose this battle
thats stupid.. doesnt make sense. we have rules and regulations in this country for a reason, so that people follow them. cars have to meet certain standards, from lighting to crash and safety standards. you can look at the most basic, which is the headlights that shine on the wrong side of the road. or, you can look at the next which is the driver sitting on the wrong side of the road. both of these impact the ability to safely operate the vehicle. SAFELY operate the vehicle.

there have been studies with research that show factual information regarding the difficulties in operating a RHD vehicle on LHD roads, especially in canada where skylines were pretty commonly imported and people were smashing them up. i dont even see what the controversy is about, its not a big deal. you make it seem like youre winning an award with this massive debate. we're talking about a car that plain and simple, wasnt sold here and shouldnt be used here WITHOUT proper modifications to make it conform to our rules. i mean maybe, and MAYBE if someone sold DOT compliant headlights, doors with crash bars, a LHD firewall + dashboard and all the bits and trimmings, and new front/rear bumpers, then maybe there would be some hope. but sorry, most people are too fucking stupid to do this, and this is why this shit fails and will never turn into reality.

Quote:
wow you are a real positive person, I am sure you have a bright future in life...Hating it...
no, i just work in the auto industry and probably have decades more experience than you in day-to-day fabrication. so, i understand that most of you guys are smoking pipe dreams wishing and praying that this old car could somehow become legal if some lawyer bent the rules.

jeez.. wake the fuck up. "chip in guys, we can do it" yeah right. find me a lawyer who works for $10/hr
Old 03-13-2011, 12:08 PM   #110
rb25_s13*CHUKI
Post Whore!

Quote:
thats stupid.. doesnt make sense. we have rules and regulations in this country for a reason, so that people follow them. cars have to meet certain standards, from lighting to crash and safety standards. you can look at the most basic, which is the headlights that shine on the wrong side of the road. or, you can look at the next which is the driver sitting on the wrong side of the road. both of these impact the ability to safely operate the vehicle. SAFELY operate the vehicle.

there have been studies with research that show factual information regarding the difficulties in operating a RHD vehicle on LHD roads, especially in canada where skylines were pretty commonly imported and people were smashing them up. i dont even see what the controversy is about, its not a big deal. you make it seem like youre winning an award with this massive debate. we're talking about a car that plain and simple, wasnt sold here and shouldnt be used here WITHOUT proper modifications to make it conform to our rules. i mean maybe, and MAYBE if someone sold DOT compliant headlights, doors with crash bars, a LHD firewall + dashboard and all the bits and trimmings, and new front/rear bumpers, then maybe there would be some hope. but sorry, most people are too fucking stupid to do this, and this is why this shit fails and will never turn into reality.

I'll I was saying Is that you can't compare a car to drugs.
People would much rather find you with a car that hasn't passed tests as oppose to crack or coke or heroin.

I'm sure people can get s15s to pass crash tests and all that jazz.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:23 PM   #111
Tantwoforty
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (20)
Tantwoforty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
buy a r35 or shut the fuck up.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:18 PM   #112
rb25_s13*CHUKI
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantwoforty View Post
buy a r35 or shut the fuck up.
Fuck R35.......................
Old 03-13-2011, 06:02 PM   #113
Pure_JDM
Zilvia Addict

Pure_JDM is an unknown quantity at this point
"Oh, WAAAAA, I did something illegal and don't want to suffer the consequences."
Old 03-13-2011, 06:47 PM   #114
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
This is the INTERNETS!!!
It is my RIGHT to argue my as-assumed right to continue doing whatever established item I was doing, as long as I can present a weak (or non-existent) argument as to why it was not "that bad" in the first place.
No, nevermind the law established when I (no, not me, I will be 32 in 110 days) was not yet old enough to drive, I can make an as-supported-by-like-minded-juveniles theory as to why I haven't done anything THAT bad!
If you can't agree with that, then you are a HATER.

And I write too!
Old 03-13-2011, 09:34 PM   #115
LloydXmas
Zilvia Member

Quote:

no, i just work in the auto industry and probably have decades more experience than you in day-to-day fabrication. so, i understand that most of you guys are smoking pipe dreams wishing and praying that this old car could somehow become legal if some lawyer bent the rules.

jeez.. wake the fuck up. "chip in guys, we can do it" yeah right. find me a lawyer who works for $10/hr
trust me I have the same fabrication skills buddy seeing I do auto body and paint professionally and have for a while now and know that there is infact hardly if at all any difference between a r32 and a s13.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:38 AM   #116
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
I'll I was saying Is that you can't compare a car to drugs.
People would much rather find you with a car that hasn't passed tests as oppose to crack or coke or heroin.
how are drugs any different? like anything in this country, its a money maker. look at alcohol, its no different. alcohol was illegal at some point in time, laws change.. just like the bill they tried to pass for marijuana here in CA. what IS illegal can at some point be what WAS illegal. it ends up being another substance that gets heavily taxed and should you be cought under the influence, you end up paying lawyers, the state and the insurance - which is a huge money making racket when you think about it.

im not going to take sides and say im for or against, i really dont care. but i can tell you that weed smokers never did anything bad to me. look at our celebrities, chappelle and snoop smoke weed - i have no doubt paris did coke. and yet nothing really happens to these people because its all behind closed doors. basically, as long as you keep that illegal taboo shit at home - you're OK.

Quote:
I'm sure people can get s15s to pass crash tests and all that jazz.
Quote:
trust me I have the same fabrication skills buddy seeing I do auto body and paint professionally and have for a while now and know that there is infact hardly if at all any difference between a r32 and a s13.
anyone including myself who has a jspec bumper support can tell you for a fact that they are different, and that the jspec bumper support is flimsy as all hell. i dont even know what you've been smoking to think that there is hardly a difference between the r32 and s13.

correction -- you've gotta be an idiot to think that there's hardly a difference between the r32 and s13. fuckin'a, body shop guys can be so stupid. here is a short list for you:

- headlights are RHD instead of LHD
- dinky bumper supports
- doors lack beam supports
- no front and rear marker lights
- RHD dashboard & seating configuration instead of LHD
- kmh instead of mph
- possible that the chassis is missing rear lower frame rail like the 180sx/silvias

again, thats just the short list. some of these are simple problems to fix, others are a serious pain in the ass.. especially when you need to create DOT compliant lights that are modular for that chassis. the dash and interior is also a pain to solve.

anyway, none of this is impossible - it all takes time and money, and a market willing to pay for it. the problem is, most people are stupid and broke and sit there fantasizing about "skyline." funny, the people that arent fantasizing probably already own r35s. its like a computer, who the hell wants to run windows98 when you can run the latest and greatest. im not into new stuff, but most people are. especially when you're talking about computer-cars like the gtr.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:03 AM   #117
daryl337
Zilvia Junkie

daryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to daryl337
Quote:
i have no doubt paris did coke. and yet nothing really happens to these people because its all behind closed doors. basically, as long as you keep that illegal taboo shit at home - you're OK.
Great! Instead of having just a rich whore ruining our children, we get to have a rich coke whore instead!

Old 03-14-2011, 10:10 AM   #118
derux
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (22)
derux is making a name for him/her selfderux is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
Ya my dad has an awesome set of tools.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:17 PM   #119
LloydXmas
Zilvia Member

Quote:
how are drugs any different? like anything in this country, its a money maker. look at alcohol, its no different. alcohol was illegal at some point in time, laws change.. just like the bill they tried to pass for marijuana here in CA. what IS illegal can at some point be what WAS illegal. it ends up being another substance that gets heavily taxed and should you be cought under the influence, you end up paying lawyers, the state and the insurance - which is a huge money making racket when you think about it.

im not going to take sides and say im for or against, i really dont care. but i can tell you that weed smokers never did anything bad to me. look at our celebrities, chappelle and snoop smoke weed - i have no doubt paris did coke. and yet nothing really happens to these people because its all behind closed doors. basically, as long as you keep that illegal taboo shit at home - you're OK.

anyone including myself who has a jspec bumper support can tell you for a fact that they are different, and that the jspec bumper support is flimsy as all hell. i dont even know what you've been smoking to think that there is hardly a difference between the r32 and s13.

correction -- you've gotta be an idiot to think that there's hardly a difference between the r32 and s13. fuckin'a, body shop guys can be so stupid. here is a short list for you:

- headlights are RHD instead of LHD
- dinky bumper supports
- doors lack beam supports
- no front and rear marker lights
- RHD dashboard & seating configuration instead of LHD
- kmh instead of mph
- possible that the chassis is missing rear lower frame rail like the 180sx/silvias

again, thats just the short list. some of these are simple problems to fix, others are a serious pain in the ass.. especially when you need to create DOT compliant lights that are modular for that chassis. the dash and interior is also a pain to solve.

anyway, none of this is impossible - it all takes time and money, and a market willing to pay for it. the problem is, most people are stupid and broke and sit there fantasizing about "skyline." funny, the people that arent fantasizing probably already own r35s. its like a computer, who the hell wants to run windows98 when you can run the latest and greatest. im not into new stuff, but most people are. especially when you're talking about computer-cars like the gtr.
lets pick this apart, even though I meant the chassis not anything else. Besides bumper reinforcements they arent I have been through them both with experience multiple times. I did all the work to a beater s13 then turned into my signature along with others. I do this professionally and dont "use my dads tool" b/c he never knew one thing about a car nor cared.

1. Honda Accord lights are very similar and DOT(look at Canada imported r32's)
2.Bumper supports though dinky are very easily swapped
3.Beam supports? Have you seen inside of a r32 door or u spouting off internet mechanic talk? They are actually beefier just not a bar instead a square, even that is relatively easy to weld in
4.RHD is not illegal
5.kmh/mph can be converted on a jdm gauge cluster with simple parts form radio shack
6.Lower frame rail what? Obviously you nothing about a unibody construction.

I will agree it is a money thing though. I am not a fantasizer of cars, they are just like anything else,sheet metal welded together at the end of the day its nothing more, you can build a janky car with no regulation but they say anything imported is dangerous. Pretty much sums up your money arguement.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:49 AM   #120
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
6.Lower frame rail what? Obviously you nothing about a unibody construction.
^ Do you know what the above item is? Do you know what a frame rail is?

Fuck, you must be Canadian. The only guys stupid enough to talk about installing Accord headlights in a GTST wanna-be GTR have been on the GTR Canada forums. I cant imagine anyone wanting Accord headlights on their Skyline, thats just wrong in every fucking way.

Have you ever read a book? How about Driving Ambition, the book about the McLaren F1? Do you know why they chose center seating? Part of the reason was that they didnt have to have different parts for LHD and RHD vehicles, it would be standardized. Dashboard, everything.. all the same. Cut costs and standardization.

I've cut an entire chassis into pieces, so dont tell me about whether or not I know about unibody construction. I dont claim to be an expert, but I would never say something stupid like "there is infact hardly if at all any difference between a r32 and a s13. " Your words, not mine.

Canadians, honestly. Its a good thing you have knowledgeable S13 owners like Don @ PDM to make your people look good.
Closed Thread