Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 02-18-2015, 12:58 AM   #31
dluevanos01
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (23)
dluevanos01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPS13-604 View Post
you make me consider getting 17's all around!
DONT!!!!! 17/18 is where it's at. I've been looking for a pair of low disk 18 inch panasports to run a 17/18.

So, i finally got the car running. After I replaced the fpr with a tomei type s, tried all kinds of things, checked injectors, had ecu looked at turns out I had a leaking BOV. I did a boost leak test but had it recirculated at the time and overlooked but it feels good to be able to drive the car.

Tried on some clean red fenders I have and love the way the red contrast the wheels.

and got to drive it.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2015, 07:35 PM   #32
juhd
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
juhd is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
car looks great man! i have a question for you though. how were you able to rekey the lock cylinder? i got a passenger side door lock cylinder from the junkyard but have no idea how to disassemble it without the original key.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:22 PM   #33
dluevanos01
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaanrel View Post
car looks great man! i have a question for you though. how were you able to rekey the lock cylinder? i got a passenger side door lock cylinder from the junkyard but have no idea how to disassemble it without the original key.
Thanks. I used the old cylinder "inside" that i have the key for. You need to take off the "c" clip that holds the arm into the cylinder. Then remove the chrome/shinny cover that goes around on the outside. Normally only two sides are pressed in so with a small flat head pry one of them out and it should pop off then you can slide the cylinder our and slide the one you have a key for in( I add some assembly lube/grease to make it smoother and be able to spin easily). Then pop the cove back on, use some pliers/vice grips to press the cover back into place, and put the arm and the c clip back.

Pretty easy once you do one. Just keep track of the small clip and other things you remove.
Old 03-04-2015, 05:54 AM   #34
S14Serge
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
S14Serge is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Loving your Type X build man! I recently bought a set of R32 GTR seats as well for my S14 and they were a great decision for my interior lol!
Old 03-04-2015, 06:12 AM   #35
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
nice choice of parts. i like this build.
Old 04-01-2015, 01:11 PM   #36
wacko2
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
wacko2 is making a name for him/her selfwacko2 is making a name for him/her selfwacko2 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Man ur car look clean
wacko2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 10:35 PM   #37
Gr1mey_Norm
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Gr1mey_Norm is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
nice build!
Gr1mey_Norm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 09:47 PM   #38
dluevanos01
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14Serge View Post
Loving your Type X build man! I recently bought a set of R32 GTR seats as well for my S14 and they were a great decision for my interior lol!
Thanks.

I LOVE the GTR seats!!!!! Pretty much perfect without the need for a bucket seat. I wish I had gotten r33s though since they are black/dark grey but I love the r32 nonetheless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
nice choice of parts. i like this build.
Thank you sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacko2 View Post
Man ur car look clean
Thanks!!! walnut??? that close by lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr1mey_Norm View Post
nice build!
Thanks
Old 04-07-2015, 09:54 PM   #39
dluevanos01
Zilvia FREAK!

Haven't updated much as I haven't been working on the car. Been having boost leak issues and other small things, so I haven't driven it much. I'm discussing details with my friend to get the car painted at his shop. but still need to buy a few aero pieces

Bought new t bolt clamps and couplers to see if it fixes the issues.

My friend took a video the last time I drove it. I'll try to get it uploaded and linked here.

Also, my wheels are for sale
BUY NAO!!!!
Old 04-14-2015, 06:54 PM   #40
TurboTiger
Leaky Injector

TurboTiger is an unknown quantity at this point
Love the build. I'd eventually like to acquire the type x parts as well.
TurboTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 07:21 PM   #41
sileighty_drifting

sileighty_drifting is an unknown quantity at this point
what were the specs on those RPF1s??
sileighty_drifting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 09:41 PM   #42
dluevanos01
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
Love the build. I'd eventually like to acquire the type x parts as well.
Thanks. And yeah, it take forever but worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sileighty_drifting View Post
what were the specs on those RPF1s??
They were 17x10 +18 all around. Front offset was 11 with a 7mm spacer. Rear tirs where 255/40 federals (265/40 in just about any other tire) and 245/40 yokohomas up front

Update:

So I've tentatively set April 25th as the day to start body work and paint. My friend (owner at Ranz Motorsports) and I will be painting on a couple weekends. I'll be taking most it apart (interior) and then driving it to his shop to remove the engine, windows, panels to completely paint the whole shell.

Still undecided on the color but I want to paint the interior, engine bay, and exterior the same color. I hope I don't regret it half way through painting it but we'll see.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:27 PM   #43
coupesallday!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
coupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via MSN to coupesallday!
How much does he charge? I'd like to get my s14 repainted the same red color. Pm me please if u can
coupesallday! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 07:59 PM   #44
dluevanos01
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupesallday! View Post
How much does he charge? I'd like to get my s14 repainted the same red color. Pm me please if u can
He's painting it for free. I just have to buy the materials.

I'll pm.
Old 05-12-2015, 08:24 PM   #45
dluevanos01
Zilvia FREAK!

So sold the panasports as they were too aggressive and I needed that money to pay for school and graduation stuff. I've put off paint to be able to get all the aero pieces. Currently getting funds to buy everything I need. Hopefully I can get it painted before I graduate, if not it'll have to wait until I'm settled and find a job.

update:
got a few parts while I was dealing with boost leaks/running rich

got them on the car as soon as possible. I bought silicone vacuum hoses for the oil catch can but didn't take a picture.

Picked these up after selling the panasports.

cr kais
17x9 +17 215/40
18x9.5 +12 225/40

fronts fit perfect with no modification other than installing the clean fenders I had.
rears I had to take out camber, and lower it more.
http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/...psvnnwl7us.jpg

Old 10-03-2015, 08:15 PM   #46
dluevanos01
Zilvia FREAK!

-The Downfall
So, I thought about not updating this since I was about to get rid of the car, but friends and family have convinced me to give it another shot and see what happens. The car will go through some changes but I look forward to having a more complete and finished car once this is set and done.

Progress might be a little slow as I graduated and I am still trying to find a full time job. I will try to be smart with the new set up and make it somewhat simpler than what I had before.

So, this leads me to where the problems started. Since about February I had problems with the car randomly running rich. I replaced all the gaskets twice, got a new knock sensor, check for boost leaks countless times, went over the harness, checked the flow on the injectors, checked the harness, tried different mafs, had the ECU looked over for any issues and nothing seemed to be off. So I eventually got it to run okay( no clue why, it just did). Also picked up one of the parts I've a wanted for about 4 years: A D-Max hood!!

Decided to go to the last Imports@cpp club meet as I was about to graduate. It would be one of the last times I would get to see many of the people there and I decided to take the car. Washed it and off I went. I parked off the main lot as there were a lot of people there, hanged out with friends, and eventually one wanted to move the car into the main lot. I said okay. Then he stalled it. I looked over and once we restarted the car, it was running rich once again (10 afr). Normally, the car would turn on and run fine until it built boost so I tried to drive it at really low rpms, but this time it didn't help. I decided to have it towed.

Got it home and had my mom and siblings along with my niece visit from Portland for my graduation.

So afterwards, I got working on the car. Did a couple boost leak test and bought a consult port cable to see what was going on with the car.

Got tired of dealing with the car and took it over to Efrain at Suspicious Garage to look at it and see what was wrong with it. Drove it across the street to wait for the trow truck. This was the last time I drove it with an SR.

Car wouldn't start once we got to Suspicious Garage. We used carb cleaner and got it to turn over. At this time Efrain was looking over stuff and decided to do a leak down test to eliminate that as a cause.
The Verdict? 30% leakage on cylinders 2 & 3 though the crankcase. We spoke quite a bit about the causes and it seems like it was simply incorrectly assembled. So lesson learned: Don't trust anyone else's work. Was so mad but what can one do.

At this point I didn't know what to do with the car but I knew the SR had to come out. Got it ready to be taken out and removed it.

After this I sold a majority of the sr20 parts to a friend who was in the middle of a rebuild. This bring us to about late august.

I messed with the idea of doing a 1JZ swap on the car. The more I looked at it, the more I realized that if I did, it would be too expensive for a recent graduate with no job. At the time my friend had a single cam at his shop that was removed for a 2jz swap and said I could have it. It didn't hold idle but everything seemed fine. I took it and spend so much to clean it up and new gaskets, now regret but my plan was to make the car stock again and sell it. Cleaned everything, installed it and now it had a high idle.

At this time I went to visit my family to get away from the car and take a break from all the job applications.
I was not feeling my best. Hadn't found a job, had to start paying back student loans, the car was not running right and I simply didn't want it. and posted a part out thread before I left.
It's a must to stop by Voodoo Donut when in Portland!

Got back and was still not feeling it. While in Portland my mom and siblings convinced me to keep it. so I sold what I would not need or want to keep going on and left it sitting. Sol the OEM kouki front, side and rear valances along with the s max hood and seats.

Wanted to drive it one last time but as i left the house the outer tie rod snapped. so I simply took pictures there and pushed the car back.

and how it currently sits.

So future plans? I ordered the new aero for the car on Thursday so I should have it in a few weeks. I'm looking into buying a bucket seat and currently seeing what my options are as far as a different engine. Either a stock complete sr swap, or a rebuilt one with the parts I still have. The single cam is currently pending so I have a few days to decide what to do.
Old 10-04-2015, 07:47 PM   #47
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
thanks... lets see how this goes
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 10:22 PM   #48
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
Well damn..... Went 0-100 then back to 25
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 11:25 PM   #49
A54
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (40)
A54 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Nice thread! Thanks for showing the ups and downs of having a S13...
A54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 06:47 PM   #50
dluevanos01
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malik View Post
thanks... lets see how this goes
Will do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAWGarage View Post
Well damn..... Went 0-100 then back to 25
LMFAO!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by A54 View Post
Nice thread! Thanks for showing the ups and downs of having a S13...
Thanks! definetely has it's ups and a lot of downs lol

Small update:

So I ordered new aero. Shoudl be able to pick it up in about 2-3 weeks.

also Picked up some Era1 drop rear knuckles to retain a functioning rear e brake nd be able to go lower... however they did not have bushings and s13 Energy Suspension ones do not fit. I emailed Era1 with no response yet, also emailed driftworks as these are about the same to see if they had experience using their geomaster knuckle bushings on these and no response yet. Might have to make some kind of DIY bushings.

Old 10-06-2015, 08:36 PM   #51
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
great build thread. I like it because its an real world build, not a bunch of money and shiny parts thrown at a car (those are neat, but get old after awhile....and make you feel broke). Keep up the good work and I'll keep reading. Super happy to hear how supportive your family is. I've had my car for 10 years now, and my family does the same thing whenever I talk about getting rid of it. If you ever need anything painted or anything like that, let me know.
Old 10-07-2015, 12:00 AM   #52
mastadon
Leaky Injector

mastadon is an unknown quantity at this point
Want to sell that exhaust?
mastadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 07:39 PM   #53
dluevanos01
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsauto View Post
great build thread. I like it because its an real world build, not a bunch of money and shiny parts thrown at a car (those are neat, but get old after awhile....and make you feel broke). Keep up the good work and I'll keep reading. Super happy to hear how supportive your family is. I've had my car for 10 years now, and my family does the same thing whenever I talk about getting rid of it. If you ever need anything painted or anything like that, let me know.
Thanks! I was shocked but glad at how supportive they were. Definitely makes working on it a lot easier. Glad to hear you family is the same. I actually have a friend who's half owner of Ranz Motorsports so that'w where I'll probably get the car painted. I'll let you know other wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastadon View Post
Want to sell that exhaust?
It's up for sale as a feeler
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=612966
Old 10-09-2015, 12:08 AM   #54
mastadon
Leaky Injector

mastadon is an unknown quantity at this point
Fuck. Too rich for my blood right now. Love it though. Thats the ideal exhaust for me.
mastadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 02:19 AM   #55
Slippin'eight-nine
Leaky Injector

Slippin'eight-nine is an unknown quantity at this point
Paint it... Youll fall in love with it all over again!
Old 10-12-2015, 06:46 PM   #56
dluevanos01
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastadon View Post
Fuck. Too rich for my blood right now. Love it though. Thats the ideal exhaust for me.
Yeah. I have 3 friends who all want it so it's probably gonna go to one of them since I won't be using it anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippin'eight-nine View Post
Paint it... Youll fall in love with it all over again!
That is the plan. Currently trying to decide what color I want. Hopefully it'll be painted soon.
Old 11-03-2015, 07:26 PM   #57
dluevanos01
Zilvia FREAK!

will post an update later.... I'll just leave this here for now.
Old 11-05-2015, 12:05 AM   #58
Rusker
Zilvia Junkie

Rusker is on a distinguished road
Glad to see you haven't given up.

Update!
Old 11-05-2015, 05:27 PM   #59
tlieberman240
Leaky Injector

tlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud of
Good stuff. All the right pieces too. This car is just a few coats of fresh paint away from being dope.

Any ideas on color?
Old 01-28-2016, 09:07 PM   #60
dluevanos01
Zilvia FREAK!

Well completely forgot about this, and it doesn't help that there is no progress on the car.

Well, I decided to buy a stock sr20 since I had so many parts for it( mainly arc and whatnot). My friend was working for shop so I asked him to keep a look out for a clean one. After a while he messaged me about this one. Completely stock and everything looked great( no scars/marking on the cams so I figured oil was not an issue so I pulled the trigger on buying it.

Decide to leave the longblock completely stock in case it blows up I can simply transfer everything over. I want to keep it simple this time around and just make it responsive and reliable(ish). only time will tell how successful that is.

Decided to go with a PBM HMIC. Decided to place it as forward as possible to try to avoid heat soak from the radiator.

Started working on the engine harness.

Started buying more parts as some sold. Blitz Twin Disk and r33s. Keeping this shiny!!!!!!

Finally started to look like a car... only to be taken apart. Pushed it out to get pictures lol

Bought parts during black Friday. Nothing exciting just gaskets, lines and other stuff.

At this point, I removed the engine to tear it apart and replace oil strainer, gaskets, install mazworx tensioner and moroso oil pan. It's crasy was a simple brush and some time can do to clean things up.

Before:

After:

and the block.

and my favorite parts just collecting dust.

Progress will be slow going forward as I just got a new job( a month ago) so not much time to work on this anymore. Will try to make slow but steady progress.