Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Administration > Forum Suggestions & Technical Support

Forum Suggestions & Technical Support Post any suggestions or questions related to this site.

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 05:25 PM   #1
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

Trader Rating: (0)
ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Old Thread Revival Fix??

With the recent outbreak of "Old Thread Revival", I was wondering if there was anyway to enable an auto-lock on any thread that hasn't had a new post in like 6 months to a year? I wouldn't expect you guys to waste your time, manually locking each old thread, but if there were an automatic feature it would be cool. Thanks.

-Barry
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2004, 05:31 PM   #2
Andrew Bohan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Andrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i agree. sure, old thread revival is proof that n00bs are searching, but they dont have to post in the old threads...
Old 07-17-2004, 01:39 AM   #3
Andrew Bohan
Post Whore!

Andrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfection
it happened again!
it wouldn't happen with the fix!
Old 07-17-2004, 07:45 PM   #4
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Hahaha, after I pointed one out to MrMeph in the Chatroom, he locked it. w00t!!
Old 07-17-2004, 08:16 PM   #5
zero.counter
Nissanaholic!

zero.counter is making a name for him/her selfzero.counter is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to zero.counter
Why does it bother anyone so much? Sometimes, people forgot to update on the progress of something they posted and someone "SEARCHING" found the thread and want to know what is up and whether it was corrected. Also, not enough people b1tch about it because they have better things to do. Just don't bother reading the post or knocking up post count just to say something about an obvious fact.

So then, lemme ask...if someone suggests that you PM the threadstarter, who is to say that they no longer visit the site or lost/forgot their password to access under that username. Also. what if someone responding knows of the whereabouts of the thread starter and can help out. Would it make you happy if someone starts a new thread and links to the old post? Will that suffice? (And no, I do not bring up old threads, check all of my posts)

SLIGHTLY OFF TOPIC: I served in the army and had friends in the Marine Corps., none of which b1tched about pet peeves and such...FYI

BTW, I despise primadonnas and wish that their panzie @sses would not cry about stupid crap sometimes....end of rant.
Old 07-18-2004, 07:29 AM   #6
Ghettokracker71
Post Whore!

Ghettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ghettokracker71 Send a message via Yahoo to Ghettokracker71
What he said ^ lol. I have no problems with people,newbies or not bring up old threads b/c I might not have seen/read/learned from them other wise,REGARDLESS if I searched or not.
Old 07-18-2004, 02:19 PM   #7
S13Grl
Married to the Mob

S13Grl is a name known to allS13Grl is a name known to allS13Grl is a name known to allS13Grl is a name known to allS13Grl is a name known to allS13Grl is a name known to allS13Grl is a name known to allS13Grl is a name known to allS13Grl is a name known to allS13Grl is a name known to allS13Grl is a name known to all
I like old threads. I bring them up quite often, actually. They usualy remind me about what a blast I had on this board three years ago.

In fact, I believe that our old threads are very informative. So, if it's worth bringing up, let it be brought up. I really don't care. So, I don't agree with the thread lock. Free thinkers are dangerous!
Old 07-18-2004, 06:48 PM   #8
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
zero: so this thread was worthy of revival?
Yes, i made a harsh response, but there was humor involved.

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=9292
Old 07-18-2004, 07:06 PM   #9
mrmephistopheles

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero.counter
SLIGHTLY OFF TOPIC: I served in the army and had friends in the Marine Corps., none of which b1tched about pet peeves and such...FYI

BTW, I despise primadonnas and wish that their panzie @sses would not cry about stupid crap sometimes....end of rant.

Sorry, forgot to ask. What's the relevance of the first sentence?
To whom are you referring in the second sentence?
Old 07-18-2004, 07:12 PM   #10
zero.counter
Nissanaholic!

zero.counter is making a name for him/her selfzero.counter is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmephistopheles
Sorry, forgot to ask. What's the relevance of the first sentence?
To whom are you referring in the second sentence?
None of this relates to you...

You fit one category but not the other...
Old 07-18-2004, 08:15 PM   #11
mrmephistopheles

So what is it you're calling me? A primadonna or a pansy-ass?
If you're going to be calling names, sack up and say it, don't just allude to what you're saying.
Old 07-18-2004, 09:36 PM   #12
zero.counter
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
So what is it you're calling me? A primadonna or a pansy-ass?
If you're going to be calling names, sack up and say it, don't just allude to what you're saying.
I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT YOU!!!!!
People like the thread starter. I don't remember correctly if it was you, but didn't you once tell me to no be so paranoid and take things seriously? Again, not about you.
Old 07-18-2004, 09:43 PM   #13
mrmephistopheles

Perhaps I misunderstood what you were saying in your reply.
Quote:
None of this relates to you...

You fit one category but not the other...
Is it not unreasonable for me to think you're answering each of my questions by those two separate sentences?

Anyhoo. Maybe it was I.. Not sure.
Either way, just trying to get clarification.
Old 07-19-2004, 07:55 PM   #14
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

No, he was referring to me. And he really hurt my feelings, maybe I should get discharged and just stop posting on Zilvia.

Nah, I think I'll stay and enjoy the show. I will continue to complain about things that annoy and bother me. I'm just out-spoken like that, and it has nothing to do with my Military background. Nice try though attempting to get that little dig in. It didn't work. You were in the Army, woo-hoo. You had friends in the Marine Corps, double woo-hoo. I am, and will continue to be a U.S. Marine, triple woo-hoo. None of this is relevant.

I don't really have a problem with an old thread coming back if someone asks for more info on the original subject. However, most of the recent revivals have been people making random comments, displaying the fact that have no idea how old the topic actually is. This bugs me.

-end
Old 07-19-2004, 08:04 PM   #15
zero.counter
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy
No, he was referring to me. And he really hurt my feelings, maybe I should get discharged and just stop posting on Zilvia.

Nah, I think I'll stay and enjoy the show. I will continue to complain about things that annoy and bother me. I'm just out-spoken like that, and it has nothing to do with my Military background. Nice try though attempting to get that little dig in. It didn't work. You were in the Army, woo-hoo. You had friends in the Marine Corps, double woo-hoo. I am, and will continue to be a U.S. Marine, triple woo-hoo. None of this is relevant.
Yeah, you are right...it just makes you look like a girlieman, that's all.
If you took the vocational option in high school, then I can understand your not noticing the relevance. If you have at least a 12th grade english competency, then maybe you should read my post again.

I can spell it out for you, but I don't think it is relevant...

Point is, if you bitch about trivial crap, you will get your chops busted for it some way or another.
Old 07-19-2004, 08:34 PM   #16
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

Quote:
Point is, if you bitch about trivial crap, you will get your chops busted for it some way or another.
Well if you don't agree with my point of view, so be it. You have the freedom to complain. However, what's makes your complaints any less trivial then my original argument? Also, why did you feel it neccesary to bring our professions in to the discussion, in the first place? After all just because you were a Soldier, and I'm a Marine doesn't mean we aren't still human beings with our own point of view. I don't really feel that I was just "bitching". I stated where I thought a problem was, and even suggested a possible solution. But if you feel better now, then good for you, bash me some more.
Old 07-19-2004, 08:42 PM   #17
zero.counter
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Well if you don't agree with my point of view, so be it. You have the freedom to complain. However, what's makes your complaints any less trivial then my original argument? Also, why did you feel it neccesary to bring our professions in to the discussion, in the first place? After all just because you were a Soldier, and I'm a Marine doesn't mean we aren't still human beings with our own point of view. I don't really feel that I was just "bitching". I stated where I thought a problem was, and even suggested a possible solution. But if you feel better now, then good for you, bash me some more.
No thanks, I got my kicks. Besides, I did not start the thread, I merely posted. Now if I start one about a similar topic, I guarantee that many would attempt to decimate it. It's all good.

I just did not feel that you represented your armed branch by whining (since you have it obviously plastered on your avatar). Otherwise, I would have looked at you as just another civilian and never posted in the thread.

I will recede back into the depths from which I came...
Old 07-19-2004, 09:55 PM   #18
mrmephistopheles

for what it is or isn't worth, I was a US Marine for over 4 years. Belonging to a particular service doesn't make you any particular kind of person.

Anyway, lets stop making OT posts, and get back to the subject at hand: idiots who revive worthless dead threads.

I agree with S13Grl in some respects. Some threads ARE worthy of revival. Unfortunately, MOST aren't.
Old 07-19-2004, 10:12 PM   #19
Andrew Bohan
Post Whore!

then what we need is an algorithm that decides if a thread is worthy or not.
while we're at it, we need an algorithm that detects if someone already asked a certain question before, and doesn't let them start a new thread about it
Old 07-20-2004, 03:41 PM   #20
zero.counter
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Belonging to a particular service doesn't make you any particular kind of person.
It makes you respectable, honorable, loyal, and proud among other things. But yeah, it does nothing for the image at all...

But back on topic, maybe if the thread contains valuable info like a pinned thread, then it should remain open. If it is stupid, or relates to something like, "All your base are belong to us", then it should be closed or at least reviewed.

Just a suggestion...
Old 07-20-2004, 06:06 PM   #21
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

Quote:
Just a suggestion...
Stop whining!!
Old 07-20-2004, 06:10 PM   #22
zero.counter
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Stop whining!!
Sure daddy!
Old 07-20-2004, 06:15 PM   #23
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

Quote:
Sure daddy!
HAHAHAHAHA! Well at least we finally agree that there are some posts that don't need revived.
Old 07-20-2004, 06:20 PM   #24
mrmephistopheles

lollers.
must I lock this thread?
Old 07-20-2004, 07:43 PM   #25
Ghettokracker71
Post Whore!

Ghettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ghettokracker71 Send a message via Yahoo to Ghettokracker71
lol wow .
Old 07-20-2004, 08:08 PM   #26
Andrew Bohan
Post Whore!

no don't lock it!
some n00b's gonna revive it in 2 years
Old 05-06-2005, 05:33 PM   #27
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
ohmanohmanohmanohmanohmanohmanohman!!! how sweet would it be if someone bumped THIS thread after like 9 months after it was relevant?

And I write too!
Old 05-06-2005, 06:06 PM   #28
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
It Would be locked and you would be banned.
Closed Thread