Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Administration > Forum Suggestions & Technical Support

Forum Suggestions & Technical Support Post any suggestions or questions related to this site.

Old 06-04-2006, 10:41 PM   #1
stinky_180
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
stinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to stinky_180
faster server

pages loads are too slow, makes me not want to wait so i click on a my other 240sx tabs and browse them instead.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2006, 11:02 PM   #2
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Are you saying you're going to be buying Zilvia a new server?
I'd guess that's a fair trade for the unpaid advertisement going on in your sig.
What's the point of griping if you're not going to offer a solution?
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 12:09 AM   #3
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky_180
pages loads are too slow, makes me not want to wait so i click on a my other 240sx tabs and browse them instead.
That's fine, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 09:45 AM   #4
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmephistopheles
Are you saying you're going to be buying Zilvia a new server?
What a nice guy offering to buy zilvia a new server.
We really appreaciate it stinky_180
Old 06-05-2006, 11:49 AM   #5
Nan Desu Ka?!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
Nan Desu Ka?! is a name known to allNan Desu Ka?! is a name known to allNan Desu Ka?! is a name known to allNan Desu Ka?! is a name known to allNan Desu Ka?! is a name known to allNan Desu Ka?! is a name known to allNan Desu Ka?! is a name known to allNan Desu Ka?! is a name known to allNan Desu Ka?! is a name known to allNan Desu Ka?! is a name known to allNan Desu Ka?! is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Nan Desu Ka?!
Seems you could easily afford it with that booming business proposition in your signature.

You may leave now.

Norcal-240sx.net
Nan Desu Ka?! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 09:52 PM   #6
Neejay
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Neejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
LOL...wow, was he just making a comment, suggestion, or complaint? How are we supposed to comment on this exactly.
Neejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 01:23 AM   #7
SochBAT
Post Whore!

SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
What a jerk.

Rule Of Thumb!
Premie Post = Consider reading
Normal User Post = Ignore.

Lets Premie-atize!
SochBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 01:36 PM   #8
stinky_180
Nissanaholic!

stinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud of
looks liek that sticker i bought was a waiste.

73.00 seconds to load one page, gg

Last edited by ThatGuy; 06-06-2006 at 03:27 PM.. Reason: No need for two posts.
stinky_180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 03:25 PM   #9
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Looks like those spelling lessons were a WASTE.

Honestly, if you are going to make a complaint, do so with some tact, and offer a sollution. If you are just going to whine and then talk about going a different site, we're just going to tell you to leave and go the other site. Plain and simple. BTW, you were asked nicely to change your signature, no need to whine and cause confrontation with it now. As I have said many times before, if you don't like Zilvia.net, LEAVE.
Old 06-06-2006, 04:00 PM   #10
mrmephistopheles

Whats REALLY funny is that it's either you computer or your connection.
I'm in FUCKING JAPAN and I get fast page loads.
Old 06-07-2006, 12:31 AM   #11
Akiros
Zilvia FREAK!

Akiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Akiros
out of curiosity, what are the server specs for zilvia? I assume its on a fully dedicated server, and who is the host if I could ask?
Akiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 03:11 AM   #12
stinky_180
Nissanaholic!

i have cable modem which is aroudn 5mbits. i hardly browse this site and when i went to check on the update on this thread, my sig was already changed. and i am not whining im giving a suggestion. and my solution is my topic, faster server, kthx.
Old 06-07-2006, 03:13 AM   #13
stinky_180
Nissanaholic!

owh nose, i shpelt shomething rong on teh intraweb.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:15 AM   #14
RJF
Super Administrator & Bean Counter

RJF has disabled reputation
It's on a dedicated 2.8GHz Xeon with 3GB of memory and 300GB of disk space. The server is located at a Tier 1 co-location data center with multiple connections to the backbone.

BTW, 9 GB of traffic were processed by the server yesterday.
Old 06-07-2006, 12:17 PM   #15
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
i have cable modem which is aroudn 5mbits. i hardly browse this site and when i went to check on the update on this thread, my sig was already changed. and i am not whining im giving a suggestion. and my solution is my topic, faster server, kthx.

Wow this thread is just terrible. Your posts just keep cementing the fact that you should move on to another forum.
Old 06-07-2006, 04:22 PM   #16
mrmephistopheles

Quote:
What you don't seem to get is that the servers aren't moving slowly. I didn't experience any slowness at any time within the past week, and we've been pushing alot of data! You seem to be the minority here.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:07 AM   #17
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
When I'm at work the forum is slow, but I don't care because I'm not supposed to be really browsing Zilvia while I'm at work anyways, when I'm home Zilvia is as fast/faster than other forums, so it doesn't bother me much.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 02:50 AM   #18
stinky_180
Nissanaholic!

oh wellz, the server is slower than my single cam. whatevers
Old 06-08-2006, 06:35 PM   #19
Akiros
Zilvia FREAK!

Akiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJF
It's on a dedicated 2.8GHz Xeon with 3GB of memory and 300GB of disk space. The server is located at a Tier 1 co-location data center with multiple connections to the backbone.

BTW, 9 GB of traffic were processed by the server yesterday.
9GB, :P thats nothing, uploader.ws (i co-own it in a way) has done 200+gb in a day before, but bw usually bounces in between 35-70gb daily.

but to the original poster:
VBulletin is very slow, lots of bad queries, for instance, genmay.com uses it on its forum software and spent nearly 15k this year on new hardware for it to run fast. So "slowness" could be because harddrive,cpu, or even ram (100mbps port is fine)at this point, so unless zilvia hits the lotto, right now should suffice unless you'd like to buy a new server for zilvia.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:02 PM   #20
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I talked with Bob about upgrading once. The problem is that the Proc they used is hard to find. So, Unless a whole new mobo and CPU(s) is bought. We're stuck for now.
I had an article I was using on speeding up vB. I'll find it and PM it to RJF. Little tweaks may help. But, the user load at peak times is impressive.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:57 AM   #21
stinky_180
Nissanaholic!

nice info akiros. cot damn vbulletin^^ good luck with upgrading.
Old 06-09-2006, 09:31 AM   #22
RJF
Super Administrator & Bean Counter

RJF has disabled reputation
We are developing a plan for a new server and will probably split the load between the two servers. vBulletin on one server and the mySQL databases (which are now over 2GB for Zilvia alone) on the second, newer, faster server.

Right now we don't have the funds available to go out and buy this tomorrow, but we are investigating the option to offer an Uber-Premium Membership (slightly higher price) to help raise the funds.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:07 AM   #23
Neejay
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Neejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJF
We are developing a plan for a new server and will probably split the load between the two servers. vBulletin on one server and the mySQL databases (which are now over 2GB for Zilvia alone) on the second, newer, faster server.

Right now we don't have the funds available to go out and buy this tomorrow, but we are investigating the option to offer an Uber-Premium Membership (slightly higher price) to help raise the funds.
"Uber-Premium Membership" Nice name Can't wait for this to happen
Neejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 04:56 PM   #24
Akiros
Zilvia FREAK!

im sure you could find the cpu somewhere, buying all that new shit would be pointless (ebay for cheap all day, and pricewatch, im sure itd be somewhere, froogle it) anyways, even if it was hard to find, im sure itd be easier to buy 2 procs of the same socket of the current mobo instead of buying brand new hardware
Old 06-12-2006, 10:37 PM   #25
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiros
im sure you could find the cpu somewhere, buying all that new shit would be pointless (ebay for cheap all day, and pricewatch, im sure itd be somewhere, froogle it) anyways, even if it was hard to find, im sure itd be easier to buy 2 procs of the same socket of the current mobo instead of buying brand new hardware
Naw, I searched. They were going for like $800. Can get the top of the line 771 procs for $339 at newegg http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819117076
So, it would be cheaper to buy two new ones.