Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 04-24-2019, 09:48 PM   #1051
potatomonkey99
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
potatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
\]Silvia is Japan's Mustang afterall.
This makes me grumpy because of how true it is. Maybe I should start wearing a mesh trucker hat.

Matte paint will never be cool
potatomonkey99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2019, 08:42 AM   #1052
keioffice
Zilvia Member

keioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
You can follow him on Facebook. He's still racing from what I can tell? I don't know. I follow him but normally scroll through his shit. A lot of people say he's a dick and the longer I live here the more I believe it. Nomuken is also fairly xenophobic but he's got a ton of fanboiz making him rich. Go figure. Sadly that's how Japan seems to be. They're doing a lot of PR for the Olympics but I feel like it's just a way to cash in.

I love that picture, though. Spawned my love for red cars.
Disappointing to hear that about Nomuken, he seems like such a nice dude from the jdm option dvds. Thanks for the info

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIXziuR View Post
I always loved that article in Super Street on his three red s-chassis. As a young lad, I thought it was the coolest one man could get. These and the Vertex Aristo they featured around the same time were top tier slabs
Ah yes I remember the Aristo, very clean car, vertex kits always look great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony_240 View Post
Dam that takes me back, I remember that’s when the magazine actually had decent articles

I’m sure I still have this magazine as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea I liked super street because the writing was pretty casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
ive got this issue sitting next to ye olde porcelain throne at home
Perfect spot! I wish I wouldn't have threw away all my car mags when I moved a few years ago, didn't think I would look at them again but now I want to!
keioffice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 10:53 AM   #1053
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
you can't claim the title of "old" unless you were on the original 240SX.org mailing list, before all this fancy forum stuff...
Holy shit haven't seen you in a minute...

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 12:05 PM   #1054
Farzam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
I was never a SS fan. Terrible articles without all the glitz of old school Import Tuner and Import Racer. I always loved the content, tech and DVDs from old-school Drag Sport (rebranded DSport) right up until they axed the cover girls, cut content and became the overpriced crap they are today.

Magazine that changed my mind on the 240sx. Prior I wanted an FC3S, E36, SW20 or 944.

I've come to dispise Sil-80 style cars and fender flares, but at the time this shit was fire. Still love the color. Still laughing at the Cali legal bullshit.

I also still have the SS project car S13 issues. I'd love to have a clean Zenki like that. Toss in an RB25, lowering springs and a tune. Done.
I have this issue, fuck I was 13 years old when that shit came out. I got my first tuner mag in 2000. One of my sister's friends helped up move to NC from RI, and he stayed in my room with us the few days he was here. He had a NOPI catalog, some HIN magazine thing, and an Import Tuner magazine. I was fucking hooked lol, never had a chance at 9 years old.

I enjoyed reading the Import Tuner articles, but I think the cars featured in Super Street from the same time period aged much better.

I can't find pics of it, but there was this Import Tuner issue with a gold CRX with EG front and NSX tails. The headlights were painted/colormatched to the gold of the car, shit broke all the rules but was so fucking cool, I think it had Racing Harts and a super whack interior and had a gaming sim wheel on the passenger side and a ps1 or something to that effect. But I would love to semi-replicate that car some day, it really really pulled off the EG/NS-rex look
Old 04-25-2019, 12:18 PM   #1055
turbo2nr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
turbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to turbo2nr

Singal auto's cars early 2000's did it for me, I wanted a honda but after seeing this I was in love.

s14 kouki ka-t
turbo2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 12:44 PM   #1056
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
My first tuner mag was the issue of Super Street that had the Signal Sil80 with Drifter X. That issue opened up my eyes to the whole JDM Nissan scene.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 12:48 PM   #1057
turbo2nr
Post Whore!

turbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to turbo2nr
^^^ yes! Love that car also

s14 kouki ka-t
turbo2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 01:19 PM   #1058
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
My first tuner mag was the issue of Super Street that had the Signal Sil80 with Drifter X. That issue opened up my eyes to the whole JDM Nissan scene.
this issue was the first time i was exposed to Bride seats and ive never been the same!!!!
RB25GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 04:37 PM   #1059
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (19)
mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
Holy shit haven't seen you in a minute...
circa ~2003:

mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 06:07 PM   #1060
cali240sxdrifter
Zilvia FREAK!

cali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cali240sxdrifter
miss the old zilvia days... need to get back in a nissan soon

Garage - 00 S2000, 09 BMW M3 Sedan, 17 Tacoma, 09 BMW Wagon
cali240sxdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 08:40 PM   #1061
Corbic
Post Whore!

Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Quote:
circa ~2003:

I don't understand.

Where is the smashed miss matched body's and garbage over fenders?
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 08:43 PM   #1062
Farzam
Post Whore!

Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali240sxdrifter View Post
miss the old zilvia days... need to get back in a nissan soon
1. We have very very similar tastes in cars
2. Facts.
3. Drove my 240sx for the 3rd time since paint, and got to cruise with my best friend's 350z (@token_z on ig, his car is fucking rad). Got to floor it across town and got KBBQ. Kicked it out and showboated a bit when we all left, it was rad. 10/10 recommend everybody get another well sorted s-chassis and have some fun again.
Old 04-25-2019, 09:22 PM   #1063
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
circa ~2003:

What a beauty, wish I was into cars back then. A similar picture with 240s owned by youngins today would look more like a junkyard aerial picture
Is that big bird?
Old 04-26-2019, 01:16 AM   #1064
Farzam
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo2nr View Post
Singal auto's cars early 2000's did it for me, I wanted a honda but after seeing this I was in love.
I would love to get a set of Volk GT-C's
Old 04-26-2019, 09:00 AM   #1065
keioffice
Zilvia Member

keioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
circa ~2003:

the s14 kouki green (what is it called?) the light green (compared to forest green)... I like the forest green but what is the lighter version called? Maybe it is the forest green, dunno. The skyline is raunchy, but I am sure the owner was as well.
Old 04-26-2019, 10:38 AM   #1066
potatomonkey99
Leaky Injector

potatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by keioffice View Post
the s14 kouki green (what is it called?) the light green (compared to forest green)... I like the forest green but what is the lighter version called? Maybe it is the forest green, dunno. The skyline is raunchy, but I am sure the owner was as well.
Cobalt green pearl? Also pretty sure that r33 is from the fast and the furious. Probably just a replica car

Matte paint will never be cool
potatomonkey99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 10:49 AM   #1067
keioffice
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatomonkey99 View Post
Cobalt green pearl? Also pretty sure that r33 is from the fast and the furious. Probably just a replica car
The R33 definitely has a graphic I recognize from (or is similar) from one of the fast and furious films.
Old 04-26-2019, 11:43 AM   #1068
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
^ That meme never gets old, haha.

After doing some searching, that does seem to be the same 'Big Bird' R33 from the film.
I guess this was after it had changed ownership and some visuals on the car had been modified like the wheels, but the movie graphics are still intact.
Interesting!
Old 04-26-2019, 12:19 PM   #1069
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
the picture I posted above was when the car was still under ownership by MotorEx. Sean drove Big Bird to this meet that I was hosting every year. it's also the same car used in F&F, they didn't do replicas of the Skylines until the Paul Walker R34.
Old 04-26-2019, 01:27 PM   #1070
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
Most of the cars in the first Fast and Furious were just show cars from the SoCal show scene. The Supra was at all the SoCal car shows in the late 90’s. It was just painted yellow

VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 01:35 PM   #1071
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
The import scene got so bad that even the f&f franchise went to shit
Btw, does anybody know why big bird, being the baddest of the bunch (of ricers), never raced in the movie?
Old 04-26-2019, 03:36 PM   #1072
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post

Btw, does anybody know why big bird, being the baddest of the bunch (of ricers), never raced in the movie?
I have a technical book and DVDs with interviews. The producers had no idea what they where doing.

It Asian kid playing PS in the Honda, forget his name, was a big scene player and technical consultant.

Show was originally going be a 3000GT starter car (later seen in the mini movie that takes place between 1-2) with Brian stepping up into a GSX.

GSXs absolutely dominated the import drag scene, but everyone knew the Supra had clout. Director bought off on it when they came up with the Targa roof shoot off scene instead of doing that with the sun roof.

The Danger to Manifold floor boards and rivit pops.... Once again, all Pedowood Director there. Story Board and technical wanted the NOS line to come loose because it was a last minute install. This plays into the story board of Brian asking for two bottles of nitrous that afternoon and needing it by the nights race.

The line would have popped off spraying all over the car and fogging up the windows. Brian, who would be winning, would slam the brakes moments before he'd have beat Dom. Brian wold say the "almost had you" and Dom would slam him for being an idiot and almost getting someone killed. This would later play into how Dom lost his father in a racing accident.

Director wanted sparks and shit exploding however.

Supra becoming an expensive icon has nothing to do with FNF, it was in FNF because it was an icon.

Last edited by Corbic; 04-26-2019 at 04:44 PM..
Old 04-26-2019, 03:55 PM   #1073
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
Quote:
I have a technical book and DVDs with interviews. The producers had no idea what they where doing.

It Asian kid playing PS in the Honda, forget his name, was a big scene player and technical consultant.

Show was originally going be a 3000GT starter car (later seen in the mini movie that takes place between 1-2) with Brian stepping up into a Supra.

GSXs absolutely dominated the import drag scene, but everyone knew the Supra had clout. Director bought off on it when they came up with the Targa roof shoot off scene instead of doing that with the sun roof.

The Danger to Manifold floor boards and rivit pops.... Once again, all Pedowood Director there. Story Board and technical wanted the NOS line to come loose because I'd a saweaeqesw last minute install, line spraying all over the car fogging up the windows and Brian slamming the breaks moments before he'd have beat Dom in a panic.

are a
Supra becoming an expensive icon has nothing to do with FNF, it was in FNF because it was an icon.

Kid was RJ DeVera. Had an amazing NSX way back in the day.

Also the guy flagging cars at race wars is the owner of the Supra.

Old 04-26-2019, 05:21 PM   #1074
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
because they did not produce replicas of that car. it's Hollywood, you don't do stunts without stunt cars, body doubles, etc.

a friend of mine provided her legs/feet/footwork for a couple of the movies when they shot female driving scenes...
Old 04-26-2019, 05:47 PM   #1075
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
...while we're on the F&F topic, there's a member on here who's father worked on the cars for the films. If he sees this and wants to chime in, that would be interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keioffice View Post
The only 'light green' was the Silver Green Pearl, the top half of the 5G7 'seafoam' two-tone cars. The other S13 dark green was DH0 Juniper Green Pearl.

S14 had a green and a 'pearl green' that Nissan actually calls blue. DN1 Cobalt Green Pearl was the darker one and FN2 Blue Emerald was the other one. FN2 is fucking awesome in person. It's dark green from far away, but looks blue/purple/green when you see it in the sunlight or up close. Awesome color.
Old 04-26-2019, 05:48 PM   #1076
feito
Nissanaholic!

Grumpy asshole knowledge ftmfw!
Old 04-26-2019, 06:44 PM   #1077
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
because they did not produce replicas of that car. it's Hollywood, you don't do stunts without stunt cars, body doubles, etc.

a friend of mine provided her legs/feet/footwork for a couple of the movies when they shot female driving scenes...
Bingo. This is why the Supra was N/A Automatic and the Eclipse was a dressed up RS.

They could buy a bunch of cars for cheap and smash them up. So while on screen we clearly see a 420A covered in blue wires, the car is supposed to be a built 4G63 AWD car.

Charger was also N/A with a fake blower. The wheelie was done with skids under the car, this is why it also did a burn out while doing a wheelie. That's not physically possible in real life.
Old 04-26-2019, 06:52 PM   #1078
VROOOM
Post Whore!

The Supra in the first movie wasn’t N/A or automatic

Old 04-26-2019, 07:16 PM   #1079
keioffice
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatomonkey99 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIXziuR View Post
^ That meme never gets old, haha.

After doing some searching, that does seem to be the same 'Big Bird' R33 from the film.
I guess this was after it had changed ownership and some visuals on the car had been modified like the wheels, but the movie graphics are still intact.
Interesting!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VROOOM View Post
Most of the cars in the first Fast and Furious were just show cars from the SoCal show scene. The Supra was at all the SoCal car shows in the late 90’s. It was just painted yellow

Quote:
Quote:

Show was originally going be a 3000GT starter car (later seen in the mini movie that takes place between 1-2) with Brian stepping up into a GSX.

The Danger to Manifold floor boards and rivit pops.... Once again, all Pedowood Director there. Story Board and technical wanted the NOS line to come loose because it was a last minute install. This plays into the story board of Brian asking for two bottles of nitrous that afternoon and needing it by the nights race.

The line would have popped off spraying all over the car and fogging up the windows. Brian, who would be winning, would slam the brakes moments before he'd have beat Dom. Brian wold say the "almost had you" and Dom would slam him for being an idiot and almost getting someone killed. This would later play into how Dom lost his father in a racing accident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VROOOM View Post
Kid was RJ DeVera. Had an amazing NSX way back in the day.

Also the guy flagging cars at race wars is the owner of the Supra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
...while we're on the F&F topic, there's a member on here who's father worked on the cars for the films. If he sees this and wants to chime in, that would be interesting.

The only 'light green' was the Silver Green Pearl, the top half of the 5G7 'seafoam' two-tone cars. The other S13 dark green was DH0 Juniper Green Pearl.

S14 had a green and a 'pearl green' that Nissan actually calls blue. DN1 Cobalt Green Pearl was the darker one and FN2 Blue Emerald was the other one. FN2 is fucking awesome in person. It's dark green from far away, but looks blue/purple/green when you see it in the sunlight or up close. Awesome color.
I am getting a god damn education in here thanks to all you grandpas (thanks bros)! Probably older than a lot of you though... The blue emerald and cobolt green both look tits!
Old 04-27-2019, 02:25 PM   #1080
feito
Nissanaholic!

F&f will turn 20 in a couple of years. U guys think theres a chance of improving it with a remake? When would it be based?
I also think that turning f&f2 prelude into a full movie is not such a bad idea. End the f&f franchise with a little dignity and return to the basics. A little homage to the late walker. Theres a lot of material there.