Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-10-2018, 12:05 PM   #1
240msh
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
SR20DET Hesitation

The motor is hesitating going into boost, but after will be fine, but still seems a little slower from when I had this motor in my last chassis. Im running the pbm highmount intercooler now vs the old isr setup I had, itll be super sluggish like an anti turbo for like 800rpms between 2600 3400. If I advance timing it gets worse, and if i retard it, itll slightly get better. Ive swapped out injectors, fuel rail, coilpacks, throttle bodies, iacv, intake manifold, all new gaskets on everything, vacuum lines, wastegates, exhaust gasket, coilpack harness, cam angle sensors, and spark plugs. Still does the same thing, it also wont go into timing mode unless i manually do it using the consult port and the nissan database. Even then itll still act funny like if its idling high, but cant find a leak anywhere. Ive sprayed cans of starter fluid and soapy water.. nothing. If anyone has had the same problem let me know. Motor use to run fine

Timing, Knock Sensor, and possibly issue with solid motor mounts.

Last edited by 240msh; 09-25-2018 at 03:43 PM.. Reason: Should help someone someday
240msh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2018, 02:44 PM   #2
unicoder
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
unicoder is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Sounds exactly like a boost leak man. Is your MAF setup as a draw through still? Seriously pressurize it and check for leaks.

I know you said you took a bottle to it, but did you cap off the pipes and pressurize them too?

How tight is your bov adjusted? is it letting boost out from being set too soft?

5.3 V8 Swap w/ Nitrous
unicoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 06:55 PM   #3
240msh
Zilvia Member

240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by unicoder View Post
Sounds exactly like a boost leak man. Is your MAF setup as a draw through still? Seriously pressurize it and check for leaks.

I know you said you took a bottle to it, but did you cap off the pipes and pressurize them too?

How tight is your bov adjusted? is it letting boost out from being set too soft?
No boost leaks, pressurized it all the way up to like 22psi and nothing.

Maf is like 14 inches away from turbo, im using the pbm intake

No bov, using pbm intercooler pipping and stock turbo.
Old 01-10-2018, 06:59 PM   #4
blksylv
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
blksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
It's not throwing any codes?
there is nothing wrong with enjoying the build. however, we sometimes have to remind ourselves that the build is only one part of the puzzle, and that ultimately - enjoying and driving the car is the number one priority.
blksylv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:55 AM   #5
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
did you seriously just ask if it threw any codes
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 04:44 AM   #6
blksylv
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
blksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Yea I did...
there is nothing wrong with enjoying the build. however, we sometimes have to remind ourselves that the build is only one part of the puzzle, and that ultimately - enjoying and driving the car is the number one priority.
blksylv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 09:12 PM   #7
ultimateirving
Zilvia FREAK!

ultimateirving is an unknown quantity at this point
You said you swapped coil pack, with known working ones?

Even one bad pack can make it run like crap. Took me some time to diagnose when i had a similar issue. My SR would idle and cruise around fine but as soon as boost came on would break up and sputter like crazy. Bad coilpack turned out to be the issue.

Can you describe what you are experiencing in more depth or take a video with a gopro or better quality camera
Old 02-11-2018, 11:12 AM   #8
nissansrdub
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
nissansrdub is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
SR20DET Hesitation

Chipped ecu?
I have this same hesitation
I have had a RS ecu for 3 years. Just found out it tuned for 93 octane. I use 91. And old owner asked for more fuel. I was never told this by old seller but I never asked
We’ll see soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nissansrdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 11:42 PM   #9
Speed9117

Trader Rating: (2)
Speed9117 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Hmmm following. I have been having a similar intermittent issue with my car. I've run through a pretty similar list to yours for troubleshooting...
Speed9117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 03:42 PM   #10
240msh
Zilvia Member

Bypassed the knock sensor with a 1megaohm resistor and fixed the issue, timing was slightly off on cas. I really think solid motor mounts played part in the issue aswell, hopefully this helps someone one day.
Old 10-07-2018, 03:55 PM   #11
RomulanS13

Trader Rating: (0)
RomulanS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Check your brake booster could be leaking there. Just did mine and i had a leak at the check valve between brake booster so i put a hose clamp there also my cheap ass blow off valve was leaking under boost.
RomulanS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 07:54 PM   #12
fitbmx180

Trader Rating: (0)
fitbmx180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulanS13 View Post
Check your brake booster could be leaking there. Just did mine and i had a leak at the check valve between brake booster so i put a hose clamp there also my cheap ass blow off valve was leaking under boost.
he resolved the issue
fitbmx180 is offline   Reply With Quote