Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 01-18-2019, 01:13 PM   #11641
PatPs13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
PatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Everyone's always so quick to whine and complain lol. I think Toyota/BMW did a good job and the aftermarket will take care of the performance and ugly front end aspect. Cool car.

Only complaint is no manual trans, but that's nothing new to us so whatever.
PatPs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2019, 01:24 PM   #11642
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatPs13 View Post
Everyone's always so quick to whine and complain lol. I think Toyota/BMW did a good job and the aftermarket will take care of the performance and ugly front end aspect. Cool car.

Only complaint is no manual trans, but that's nothing new to us so whatever.
I'm not seeing what Toyota did....

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 01:32 PM   #11643
Corbic
Post Whore!

Old 01-18-2019, 01:55 PM   #11644
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
I just think it's funny how so many ppl are like "Eww, it's a Z4!"... Like the Z4 isn't a competent performer. The hate is so strong in this MR2 group that I'm in. Had to remind them that nearly any mechanically sound Z4 of the last 20 years would kick the dogshit out of 98% of the cars in that group.

I'm not in love with the nose on this car, but I'll admit that it does look a lot better than the Barbra Streisand looking FT1 concept. Remember how ugly the 370Z when when it first dropped... lawd... lol

My only problem is the lack of a manual trans, but the door isn't closed to that possibility. I think I remember hearing that they were thinking of having it as an option to be paired with the 4 cylinder version they were considering.
Old 01-18-2019, 01:59 PM   #11645
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
I just think it's funny how so many ppl are like "Eww, it's a Z4!"... Like the Z4 isn't a competent performer. The hate is so strong in this MR2 group that I'm in. Had to remind them that nearly any mechanically sound Z4 of the last 20 years would kick the dogshit out of 98% of the cars in that group.
So buy a Z4? That's the problem. It's a Z4 with a body kit. It's not a Supra.

Quote:
I'm not in love with the nose on this car, but I'll admit that it does look a lot better than the Barbra Streisand looking FT1 concept. Remember how ugly the 370Z when when it first dropped... lawd... lol
370Z is still ugly. I hated the FT1.

Quote:
My only problem is the lack of a manual trans, but the door isn't closed to that possibility. I think I remember hearing that they were thinking of having it as an option to be paired with the 4 cylinder version they were considering.
I'm suspect the BMW MT82 will bolt up. Unfortunately, the MT82 (in the Mustang) is a POS. I have no idea if the BMW version is better.

Old 01-18-2019, 03:24 PM   #11646
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
i think the ONLY positive thing i can really say about the new Supra...

at least its not a hybrid

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 08:44 PM   #11647
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
I still don't care about these super fast shifting autos being quicker cars. I want to be connected to the cars drivetrain. Its so natural to shift a manual transmission. I have tried and tried to use the fantastic feeling paddle shifter in my XC40 but upshifting and downshifting just isn't instinctive for me.
Im sure you speak for a lot of us. Next it'll be no shifting at all, then no steering. No thank you. Might as well ride a roller coaster. I wont go as far as putting coal on my engine to keep it going, but i do wanna feel connected to my car. It's not just about how fast one can go, but also about how much fun and pride one can have while doing it.
A real shame that we are one of the last generations that will know how to manually shift gears after decades of tradition.
Old 01-18-2019, 11:46 PM   #11648
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
I see you boys

gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 11:25 AM   #11649
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

It'll be fine. People are just mad it isn't a copy and pasted MKIV with some unicorn jizz powered 3JZ. The bottom-most comment, in the middle column, is how I feel about all the people who felt like they should've just put the FT-1 in production.
Old 01-20-2019, 02:23 AM   #11650
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Remember its just a rebadged Z4 guys.

"First-Ever 2020 Toyota Supra Just Sold for a Whopping $2.1 Million"

http://www.thedrive.com/news/26068/f...ng-2-1-million
Old 01-20-2019, 12:09 PM   #11651
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarSilvia View Post

With a water cooled 6-2-1 head and exhaust manifold.

Also water cooler intake.

Old 01-20-2019, 12:30 PM   #11652
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarSilvia View Post

By sheer willpower I think the tuning industry is going to be building these. There is nothing exciting out of Japan right now. Evo is dead, GT86 had been done to death with no replacement on the horizon, NSX was DOA, Lexus performance is a snooze-fest, WRX is what it is. This leaves the now ancient GTR, which accomplished everything and it's sales tanked last year.

GTR sold 538 units last year.

You can't just keep making parts and doing FD, MKIV and Evo builds.

Aftermarket will bring hype. Hype will bring money.

At $50k its priced $15,000 less then a Z4. It would have been nicer if it was in the $45k range since a fucking Corvette is $55k and can be had with discounts.

Old 01-20-2019, 12:37 PM   #11653
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
rear mounted timing chain... yeah, thats gotta be a blast change!

Old 01-20-2019, 12:41 PM   #11654
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Yeah because you change TIMING CHAINS so often.

Source: Original 18 year old, 155k mile timing chain on my AP1. Friend on original timing chain in his 15 year old, 260k mile AP1.
Old 01-20-2019, 12:57 PM   #11655
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
my 328i coils went out on 60k and 80k. bmw quality is garbage imo.

didnt they had Timing chain problems forgot which motor in 2-3 yrs ago?
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 01:56 PM   #11656
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post
Yeah because you change TIMING CHAINS so often.

Source: Original 18 year old, 155k mile timing chain on my AP1. Friend on original timing chain in his 15 year old, 260k mile AP1.
doesnt matter, still a REALLY dumb design flaw. chains do stretch over time, guides get brittle and break, tensioners lose their ability to tighten up slack and all of these components should be replaced around the 100k-120k mark, especially if the motor is beat on. having to remove the entire motor just to replace the chain setup is beyond stupid!

Old 01-20-2019, 02:21 PM   #11657
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
doesnt matter, still a REALLY dumb design flaw. chains do stretch over time, guides get brittle and break, tensioners lose their ability to tighten up slack and all of these components should be replaced around the 100k-120k mark, especially if the motor is beat on. having to remove the entire motor just to replace the chain setup is beyond stupid!
I'm not defending BMW. German cars are always needlessly complicated and have a critical design flaw.

But looking at this engine bay, your not working on shit no mater where it got placed.

A 3000GT Vr4 looks like a 90's Honda by comparison.

I wonder how many BS German Tork Head, Safety Star and other odd ball fasters the car will use. I hope to God Toyota had the decency to change the Hubs to Wheel Studs and 5x114.3.
Old 01-20-2019, 02:33 PM   #11658
Corbic
Post Whore!

Mother fucker

Old 01-20-2019, 02:39 PM   #11659
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
I'm not defending BMW. German cars are always needlessly complicated and have a critical design flaw.

But looking at this engine bay, your not working on shit no mater where it got placed.

A 3000GT Vr4 looks like a 90's Honda by comparison.

I wonder how many BS German Tork Head, Safety Star and other odd ball fasters the car will use. I hope to God Toyota had the decency to change the Hubs to Wheel Studs and 5x114.3.
5x114.3 would probably hurt the car's wheel options tbh. If 5x120 it can use CTR market wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
Good thing you'll never buy the car. Refer to my meme earlier this page
Old 01-20-2019, 02:41 PM   #11660
Corbic
Post Whore!

And just read the car won't even be built in Japan. It's going to be subcontracted to Magna Styer and built in Graz Austria. (Same place Mercedes builds the Gelandenwagen).

Old 01-20-2019, 04:33 PM   #11661
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:

Mother fucker

Old 01-20-2019, 04:46 PM   #11662
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
agreed sir!

Old 01-20-2019, 06:00 PM   #11663
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
I see the bmw, but where's the Toyota? It's too German for me to want it. I hate working on German cars.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 06:32 PM   #11664
Atli126

Atli126 is making a name for him/her selfAtli126 is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
I see the bmw, but where's the Toyota? It's too German for me to want it. I hate working on German cars.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
This is so true!

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
Atli126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 07:32 AM   #11665
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
So buy a Z4? That's the problem. It's a Z4 with a body kit. It's not a Supra.
Nah, $15k price difference between the cars. I'm sure that will be a factor to some buyers.

But I was talking about this with a buddy this weekend... Holy shit man, $50k for a 335HP Toyota. It's only got 20 more HP than a $26k Ecoboost Mustang, let alone the 460hp $35k GT, both of which still offer manual trans.

Now, IF, in typical BMW and Supra fashion, the HP is underrated and ends up closer to the power of the 3.0 Z4 or the M2, for $50k, that might not be so bad. I'd probably still prefer a Corvette though at that price though, just for the manual trans and to own the last FR generation of the Vette.
Old 01-21-2019, 07:44 AM   #11666
Atli126

Atli126 is making a name for him/her selfAtli126 is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Nah, $15k price difference between the cars. I'm sure that will be a factor to some buyers.

But I was talking about this with a buddy this weekend... Holy shit man, $50k for a 335HP Toyota. It's only got 20 more HP than a $26k Ecoboost Mustang, let alone the 460hp $35k GT, both of which still offer manual trans.

Now, IF, in typical BMW and Supra fashion, the HP is underrated and ends up closer to the power of the 3.0 Z4 or the M2, for $50k, that might not be so bad. I'd probably still prefer a Corvette though at that price though, just for the manual trans and to own the last FR generation of the Vette.
I've heard that a $400 flash will net 120 more hp. So then your at 455 hp...

Wait til the real tunes with bolt ons start showing. 500 hp with e85 will be easy

Old 01-21-2019, 07:45 AM   #11667
Atli126

Oh yea don't forget how light it is

Old 01-21-2019, 08:24 AM   #11668
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:

How many people have been pining for a Z4 however? Doesn't seem like they have ever been super popular.

A Caymen is $56k and a Cobb AP will boost you to 20psi and make 346hp/326tq, 301whp/303 TQ.

As mentioned, the more practical M2 is also $50k and has a 6spd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atli126 View Post
I've heard that a $400 flash will net 120 more hp. So then your at 455 hp...

Wait til the real tunes with bolt ons start showing. 500 hp with e85 will be easy

B58 is already out and it's no N55.

Stock is 290whp.
A Stage 2 on 93oct made 370whp.
With E85 and the fuel system at 95% duty the M2s are doing 404whp and 420wtq.

Most are speculating thr internals are good for 700hp. The problem will be the transmission, which is rated at 370tq, the fuel system, intake and exhaust.

As I posted, you have a water cooled integrated exhaust manifold and that engine bay is fucking packed.

None of that is much better then a 3rd Gen Coyote S550. The Borgwarner 10spd is also vastly suppior to the ZF 8HP70.

S550 dyno 415whp/397tq and bolt ons will do 437whp. With E85 guys are making 500whp. Guys are running 11's and someone made it into the 10's N/A.

$7k buys you a blower good for 700whp, $10k a set of twins that will blast you past 1k after you build the engine.

Part of what made the MKIV and 2JZ so legendary was just how much it dominated the competition.

The 600whp capable Supra came out when this guy was still splitting blocks at 300whp and would blow its trans the minute it hooked.

It wouldn't be until 2003 that you got a Domestic that could make as much power, as easily as a 1993 Supra.

So, like I said, desperate to make money, tuners will push this MKV Zupra, but I don't think it will ever been a MKIV and no one will care in 10 years.

Old 01-21-2019, 08:26 AM   #11669
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atli126 View Post
Oh yea don't forget how light it is

3,300lbs for a car the size of a 2,800lb GT86.

It's lighter then a 2+2 Muscle Car, but it's nothing to write home about given its size.

Old 01-21-2019, 11:08 AM   #11670
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
weight and power output looks similar to the 370z
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote