Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 08-22-2019, 08:32 PM   #1
Slim240

Trader Rating: (0)
Slim240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 ECU Idle Switch Error?

Ive got a 1990 KA24E 240sx that will not start. Almost everything was replaced regarding ignition and my ECU is giving me an error code 23, which stands for an idle switch error. How and where do I access and or fix this switch?
Slim240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2019, 08:33 PM   #2
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
nisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Throttle position sensor
nisileighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 08:49 PM   #3
Slim240

KA

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisileighty View Post
Throttle position sensor
I checked the sensor and im getting power to it, i also pulled the ECU error codes again and got 12 (Air flow meter circuit) Im honestly still really stuck
Old 08-22-2019, 08:55 PM   #4
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
nisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
It’s getting power but the TPS might be bad itself, or the idle switch inside of the tps is busted
nisileighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 04:27 AM   #5
s13Ks

s13Ks is an unknown quantity at this point
use a multimeter to check the voltage of the wires via the back of the TPS plug while the car is ON (not running) with the plug connected. one of the wires carries the signal from the potentiometer and as you move the throttle, the voltage should change smoothly representing its position. that will confirm it is working. if its manual trans, there should be 3 wires: power, ground and tps signal.
s13Ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 09:05 PM   #6
Slim240

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13Ks View Post
use a multimeter to check the voltage of the wires via the back of the TPS plug while the car is ON (not running) with the plug connected. one of the wires carries the signal from the potentiometer and as you move the throttle, the voltage should change smoothly representing its position. that will confirm it is working. if its manual trans, there should be 3 wires: power, ground and tps signal.

Too bad I didn’t read this when I ordered a new one lmfao but I’ll test it out once I get motivated to troubleshoot the car again thank you