Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-23-2007, 12:39 AM   #1621
atutt
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
atutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by atutt View Post
// From what I can tell by the site, they only have an OEM style carbon kevlar hood. Mine isn't OEM style. It is vented.
This picture doesn't really really show the colour. The lighting was crap and I was just learning how to use my camera. Trust me though, the hood is yellowish like carbon kevlar.

Not only that, the fitment is incredible!
So no one has any idea on who makes this hood?
atutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2007, 01:00 PM   #1622
victorw210
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
victorw210 has made poor choicesvictorw210 has made poor choicesvictorw210 has made poor choicesvictorw210 has made poor choicesvictorw210 has made poor choicesvictorw210 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
is this a standar open differential
victorw210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 01:05 PM   #1623
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Nice, you went to Target and got a pair of Moccasins and an Open Diff.

Old 12-23-2007, 01:13 PM   #1624
victorw210
Zilvia Member

victorw210 has made poor choicesvictorw210 has made poor choicesvictorw210 has made poor choicesvictorw210 has made poor choicesvictorw210 has made poor choicesvictorw210 has made poor choices
moccassins ftw open diff ftl
Old 12-23-2007, 01:54 PM   #1625
ms!3
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
ms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ms!3
if i didn't know any better id say its a vlsd. open diffs don't have the housing over the spider gears.
ms!3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 08:32 PM   #1626
skylindrftr
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (26)
skylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
If that is your diff, give one side a spin, if the other goes the opposite direction it is open, if they both turn the same way when you spin one, it is an lsd.
skylindrftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 09:22 PM   #1627
thatdrifterguy
Zilvia Junkie

thatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to behold
what are these things
the box under the air filter. whats it for?

and these wires

thanks!
thatdrifterguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 09:47 PM   #1628
fluidd
Leaky Injector

fluidd can only hope to improve

what kind of wheels are these?
fluidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 09:50 PM   #1629
smellslikecurry
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (33)
smellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
advan kreuzers

your looking at minimum 450-700 a wheel depending on what diameter and width
Old 12-23-2007, 10:02 PM   #1630
fluidd
Leaky Injector

fluidd can only hope to improve
^ wow what crappy offsets! THNX

what front bumper is this?
fluidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 10:46 PM   #1631
tt99ol
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
tt99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tt99ol
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdrifterguy View Post
what are these things
the box under the air filter. whats it for?

and these wires

thanks!
the box is the stock intake air resonator, supposed to help with airflow, and the wires are for the stock stereo, theyre probably useless as they arent the main wires used
tt99ol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 11:16 PM   #1632
ericcastro
Post Whore!

ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorw210 View Post
is this a standar open differential
hmmmm, Im saying VLSD.
I owned one. And when i had to change the rear cover to fit it to my s13, i think it looked like that.
An open diff has exposed gears, thats how you weld them.I know it doesn't look like an open!

who said open??

PM me if you need more info. and I am back home the 30th and may have reference pics on my home PC
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 11:28 PM   #1633
eastcoastS14
Post Whore!

eastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to eastcoastS14
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidd View Post
^ wow what crappy offsets! THNX

what front bumper is this?
TRIAL I believe.....
eastcoastS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 12:49 AM   #1634
victorw210
Zilvia Member

yea if i spin one side the other side spins the same direction so this means vlsd?if so sweet i paid 40 bucks thinking it was an open with intentions of getting it welded.on a side note i didnt think vlsds had 6 bolt axles
Old 12-24-2007, 10:47 AM   #1635
skylindrftr
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (26)
skylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
240sx lsd is 6 bolt (off the sport package cars) and I believe all 180sx and most silvia's had lsd's that are 5 bolt
skylindrftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 11:57 AM   #1636
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdrifterguy View Post
The resonator you can toss. It's to reduce intake noise.

Left 2 of those goto your cig lighter. One for power, one for the light ring. The one white 2 wire is your Security LED and the single wire I have no clue as it's unattached in my car.
Old 12-24-2007, 01:32 PM   #1637
ericcastro
Post Whore!

ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
yeah, 240sx VLSD is 6 bolts. Sometime you just have to switch the back plate on it. thats what I had to do to mine.
Old 12-24-2007, 02:05 PM   #1638
victorw210
Zilvia Member

so it mates to stock axles
Old 12-24-2007, 03:47 PM   #1639
ericcastro
Post Whore!

yup it just sucks lifting that thing up and trying to get a couple bolts on to hold it. lol
you may need to change the back plate if it doesn't match your stock one. PM me if you need more info. (and leave this thread to identifying
Old 12-24-2007, 04:10 PM   #1640
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz

what type of BSA's are these?

and does anyone know where I could find just 1 of them lol.
ESmorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 04:15 PM   #1641
OptionZero
Post Whore!

OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
BSA 236

http://www.bsa.com.my/web/demo/newpr...rial_bsa2.html

All i had to do was google BSA wheels...did you even try?

If you do the same you might find some place that sells it.
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 04:19 PM   #1642
ESmorz
Post Whore!

ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
BSA 236

http://www.bsa.com.my/web/demo/newpr...rial_bsa2.html

All i had to do was google BSA wheels...did you even try?

If you do the same you might find some place that sells it.
I wasn't quite sure if they were the 236's since some pictures have them looking different, and with different bolt patterns.

Thanks though.

Merry Christmas.
ESmorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 10:02 PM   #1643
BoostedCoupe
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
BoostedCoupe can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
what catback ic this
Old 12-24-2007, 11:08 PM   #1644
aa87
Zilvia FREAK!

aa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to aa87
looks like a standard n1 or n1 style, depending on whether its full stainless or mild steel, you might have better luck taking better pictures than a side angle

if it hangs good and sounds good, who the hell cares.
Old 12-24-2007, 11:17 PM   #1645
k-os
Leaky Injector

k-os has a spectacular aura aboutk-os has a spectacular aura aboutk-os has a spectacular aura aboutk-os has a spectacular aura aboutk-os has a spectacular aura aboutk-os has a spectacular aura about
any info or more pics of this car?
thanks

k-os is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 11:21 PM   #1646
driftage240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
driftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to driftage240
probably its the megan n1 style

Misty blu is coming 4 you!
driftage240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 11:23 PM   #1647
Full-Lock
Nissanaholic!

Full-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Full-Lock
here is more of that GTR
http://www.tunerzine.com/view_articl...e/a-perfect-10
Old 12-24-2007, 11:41 PM   #1648
BoostedCoupe
Zilvia FREAK!

its not car so thats why im asking. i love how it hangs. i have pmed the owner of this car put have not recived one back. and all he has is side pics.
Old 12-25-2007, 01:40 AM   #1649
DC5RACER
Leaky Injector

DC5RACER is not welcome here anymoreDC5RACER is not welcome here anymoreDC5RACER is not welcome here anymoreDC5RACER is not welcome here anymoreDC5RACER is not welcome here anymoreDC5RACER is not welcome here anymoreDC5RACER is not welcome here anymoreDC5RACER is not welcome here anymoreDC5RACER is not welcome here anymoreDC5RACER is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedCoupe View Post
what catback ic this
looks like a buddy club spec 2 short canister
Old 12-25-2007, 08:20 AM   #1650
BoostedCoupe
Zilvia FREAK!

buddy club spec 3 hanges diffrent and the tip has a slant tip like the nur. So does anyone know the owner of that car or know what catback that is.