Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 05-22-2020, 07:29 PM   #91
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Loving the parts selection, boss. Styled so well
Old 05-26-2020, 03:52 AM   #92
Olly
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Olly is making a name for him/her selfOlly is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thanks guys, means a lot! Getting super close now.. Matt I'm going to run the Haltech boost controller, it was a part of the reason to selling the Power FC. I found a good auto upholstery place in Auckland and took the seat out last week. I didn't spend too much time on picking the colour, I just went with what looked right.

When the fabric came in, it actually looked way better than the above photo!

& Done:

So yeah, that worked well! I'm dropping off the centre console for him and I'm tempted to do the centre cushions of the Zeta later on as well.

All the parts also got installed. Please excuse the excessive amount of blue, after getting everything in I've realised there is a lot I want to change so will go about getting some black silicon and a decent alloy overflow / catch can later on.

Trust Elbow bonus!

It's dyno time tomorrow, again not aiming for massive power, still worried about my clutch but will try to get some video and report back.
Olly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 09:05 AM   #93
andisan
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
andisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I?m looking for something like that fabric to redo some seats too, do you happen to have the name of it or number??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-26-2020, 06:29 PM   #94
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Hoky nuts....that seat looks tits
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 02:59 PM   #95
Olly
Zilvia Member

Car is tuned, no major issues which was nice, it made 275kw on 18psi which it made on the 4th pull, I can't remember the torque figure, I think it was somewhere in the early 400's.

We could have put more boost in after we hit our target number but the exhaust side of my setup is restricting the turbo, I would have to go to a 3.5" system to not stress it, this is mainly due to the internal wastegate also dumping into the exhaust - so there is a lot going through a 3" system right now.

I love my Kakimoto Exhaust.. it was the reason i bought the car, so I'm not changing it for now.. plus I am very nervous about my clutch at a higher power level.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01bsy1SDSUQ

I have a small fuel leak on the SARD Rail around the bung in the middle of the rail, I am going to get that fixed this weekend and then I can go for a proper drive. I did drive it home and it's a totally different car, it's very linear where before it would kick then fall off.. it's definitely got more lag but the turbo holds 18psi from 4000 - 7500 and the power does not fall off it just keeps going up haha.
Old 05-28-2020, 03:42 PM   #96
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
I love this car, looks amazing, has the power to back it up!
Old 06-01-2020, 11:29 AM   #97
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Sounds AMAZING! And I had mentioned it to you before, but I REALLY like the new setup my man!

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 04:43 AM   #98
Olly
Zilvia Member

Have been driving the car a bit since it got tuned - it used a bit of oil on the dyno which I was worried about but I topped it up and no drama, it's not using any oil or water. I had some trouble with the cold start on the Haltech (NZ being in the middle of winter) but my tuner came out and did some adjustments and it's all good now.

I also installed some Serial Nine subframe and diff mounts, wow - what a huge difference, the rear end seems so much more predictable now.

June is the busiest time of year for me at work and now that we're through it's time to go drifting, have a few days booked in July.. can't wait. Here's a photo from a recent weekend at Hampton Downs, the Mark II on the left has the same turbo but 350kw

Old 07-22-2020, 05:20 AM   #99
Olly
Zilvia Member

Finally someone took some good photos of this thing.. not much to update, haven't had a chance to go drifting yet due to no track days but took the opportunity to replace the warn Zestino's with some NS2R semi's up front.

Had the front balljoints replaced and a few annoying rattles dealt too as well. Car feels great at the moment, probably the best it's ever been.

Old 07-22-2020, 06:40 AM   #100
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
JIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Great looking 100 King Olly!
Old 07-22-2020, 07:36 AM   #101
S14rebuild
BANNED

Car looks fukn amazing
Old 08-15-2020, 07:01 PM   #102
Olly
Zilvia Member

Cheers boys!

NZ is back in another lockdown for 2 weeks, managed to get out to Hampton Downs for a skid pad day beforehand... The new set up isn't really suited for this but it's so convenient being able to drive down and spend 3 - 4 hours on the pad then drive home.

I was a bit nervous with the track layout - it's a massive figure eight and for some reason I just felt super dodgy at the start, but after a few laps that went away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqddTpo54N0

Spent the last session chasing an s14 which I really enjoyed, it was my first time chasing someone and on the pad I feel like it's a great way to learn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vY0LCd8qF4

I stopped when it got dodgy and there were 4 car trains here's a clip filmed on a potato and a random photo from D1NZ the other week (ended up filming this round for TV which was sweet.

Old 09-20-2020, 04:32 AM   #103
Olly
Zilvia Member

Pretty excited to find another pair of XT7, I have no idea why it's so hard to find car parts anymore in NZ.. but I now own a set of 18x9.5+12 and will get them refurbished, I've been itching to run a set of these for a while.

Took this thing to the big track.. results were mixed.. tried 3rd gear through the section, ended up in the gravel... no damage just the kit scratched to hell which it kinda was beforehand anyway so a good opportunity to get it tidied up and re-glassed in a few spots.

Went back to 3rd entry, 2nd for the rest of the section and all good.

Old 10-23-2020, 09:52 PM   #104
Olly
Zilvia Member

Side project - XT7 MGS Resto - Matte Grey Silver from Work is my favourite wheel colour.. There is something about how it reflects light and works so well on silver cars that does it for me.

Trying to get the MGS colour code was next to impossible, Work wouldn't release it and I had a pair of white XT7 at the time in good condition and started hunting for another pair, I thought I found a pair in the original colour but they were resprayed, however the owner was kind enough to let me borrow a 3rd wheel and we colour-match that one.. I would say its 95% the same and stoked with the outcome!

NZ is about to head into Summer, the car is at the painters getting the entire Kit resprayed, and the front and rear bumpers.

The kit also got fixed up as the ends of the skirts and some small parts of the front lip had a few issues
Old 10-24-2020, 09:03 PM   #105
-kenny-
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
-kenny- is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Your builds are so simple and clean. Looks great
-kenny- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 03:12 AM   #106
Olly
Zilvia Member

Cheers Kenny! Car's back, paint came out great.

I had an issue with finding replacement chrome for the mouldings, ended up trying out an 8mm chrome strip off ebay and it worked perfectly.

Old 11-06-2020, 11:49 AM   #107
e30gangsta
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
e30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
This car is fantastic!
Old 11-06-2020, 12:35 PM   #108
S14rebuild
BANNED

Lookn fancy!!!
Old 11-22-2020, 03:32 AM   #109
Olly
Zilvia Member

Random update - ordered brand new front and rear chrome trim from Toyota for the bumpers, to me they made a huge difference, to everyone else... they can't tell haha.

Some other random shots a mate took.. summer in NZ now so car's good to go and wanted to get some photos before the stone chips let rip again.

Last edited by Olly; 07-17-2021 at 05:02 PM..
Old 11-22-2020, 03:40 AM   #110
Dirk Jan
Leaky Injector

Dirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of light
This is probably one of, if not THE nicest JZX in existance. So good man.
Old 12-02-2020, 08:38 PM   #111
-kenny-
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
-kenny- is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I can’t wait for these to be available in US. I hate our 25 years rules
-kenny- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 02:10 PM   #112
Olly
Zilvia Member

Next year for this one!
Old 12-20-2020, 04:00 AM   #113
Olly
Zilvia Member

Snuck into a skid pad day with a good friend in his SR20 Laurel. Boyce hadn't drifted it before and it was awesome to see him progress through the day.

I did a little bit of tandem with this guy before his oil cooler fitting let go which was a shame as he was super consistent. Then I took Boyce for a drive after we changed the track to a big figure 8 setup. I was pretty hung over and tired and you can tell with my driving in this clip haha. Still great fun and absolutely no stress at these days. Enjoy the kiwi slang:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdnnPIzD-NI

Every now and then my car seems to make a higher pitched BOV noise, I think this might be a leak in one of the joiners, will have to investigate.

Merry Christmas everyone.
Old 12-21-2020, 03:09 AM   #114
ANKRacing

ANKRacing has a spectacular aura aboutANKRacing has a spectacular aura aboutANKRacing has a spectacular aura aboutANKRacing has a spectacular aura aboutANKRacing has a spectacular aura aboutANKRacing has a spectacular aura about
Absolutey amazing JZX. Somehow silver cars are really doing it for me, so that?s why I loved your 180 so much aswell.

Also always had a look on your build at Driftworks, too.
ANKRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 01:41 PM   #115
Olly
Zilvia Member

Bit of an update...

NZ Summer:

Got the 57c6 resprayed Work MGS to match the XT7, yeah, Rays wheels in a Work wheels colour haha.

Comparison

And I picked up a Cusco 6 Point cage.. I'm still not sure if I'll run this or not.. I'm hoping to test fit it this weekend to see how it looks.

My rear subframe bushes are shot, have sourced a non-turbo subframe, a reinforcement kit and some Serial Nine gear which I'm waiting on. The amount of movement in it at the moment is pretty crazy.

Till next time!
Old 03-21-2021, 08:19 PM   #116
Olly
Zilvia Member

Subfame is getting there, GP Sports Style Reinforcement Kit, Serial nine subframe and diff bushes. I'm probably going to get some new Kazama arms as well for it as I don't want to throw in the old ones.

Old 07-17-2021, 05:01 PM   #117
Olly
Zilvia Member

Hope everyone is keeping well.

Bit of an update - subframe is finished and installed. Looking at these photos, I wish I could get under the car and clean it. I've inquired about dry ice blasting in NZ, let's see if it's even doable... if not I might try get the car on axle stands and give it a steam clean.

Looking forward to going drifting next month to see how this all feels. On the street the improvement is pretty good. The increase in road noise was noticeable at first but after a few drives I don't notice it at all anymore which is nice.

Random bonus photo of Work MGS colour vs Work MGM colour:

Old 07-17-2021, 08:52 PM   #118
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
This thing rules as always.
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 04:57 PM   #119
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
S13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Love this thread. Good info and amazing MarkII
Old 03-31-2022, 03:37 AM   #120
Olly
Zilvia Member

Few updates since Zilvia went down.

I wasn't happy with the hotside of the car or the engine bay.. so I made some changes, bought a Kazama F1 Manifold, had it polished and redid the exhaust.

The entire system is stainless now and I kept the Kakimoto muffler as it's the reason I bought the car in the first place. I also deleted the blow off valve at the same time.

After that put it on the dyno and it made 15kw extra at same boost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypCCvvIXfzE

So after the dyno the tuner gave me a whole heap of ideas and there was some valve float at higher RPM (hence not running much more boost). Whilst he said it was totally safe I didn't like the idea of driving the car hard with the issue. So next step was;

Kelford Cams 264/272, Springs, Titanium retainers, and maintenance wise we basically replaced everything on the front of the engine. At the same time we vapour blasted quite a bit of stuff and did a whole heap of maintenance. We also replaced the valve stem seals.

I keep saying we, I did none of the work lol, anyway - some before/after

The car sounds crazy with cams but I'll wait until its tuned then post a video.