Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 10-01-2018, 01:36 PM   #1
PK2K

Trader Rating: (0)
PK2K is making his/her stupidity well-knownPK2K is making his/her stupidity well-knownPK2K is making his/her stupidity well-knownPK2K is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
L2S (Speed) Racing License

Hey guys, I have come across an opportunity in which an L2S racing license would majorly benefit me. What all do you guys know about acquiring one? I know there is a fee, as well as, I need to be a member of a CAMS recognized car club, but what else is there for me to know?

Any info is appreciated!
Thanks!
PK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2018, 01:46 PM   #2
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
I am going to caveat this with "I don't want to be a dick but......."

You have 6 hours of seat time, no car, and no clue but want to go for a comp license??

Why don't you start by ...........you know........contacting the people who do the cert for the license to gain more info??

This will probably be my last post in this thread........lol
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 03:43 PM   #3
MrMigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
MrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to MrMigs Send a message via AIM to MrMigs
Although he didn't spell it out, I think he's more asking about people's personal experiences in their journey of acquiring said license... if they have any advice to give... things to watch out for, etc.... if there even is such a person on this forum to begin with.

Anyways. That sheit ain't me. Good luck man

Drifting is just a compromise between you and your car.
MrMigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 04:06 PM   #4
PK2K

PK2K is making his/her stupidity well-knownPK2K is making his/her stupidity well-knownPK2K is making his/her stupidity well-knownPK2K is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMigs View Post
Although he didn't spell it out, I think he's more asking about people's personal experiences in their journey of acquiring said license... if they have any advice to give... things to watch out for, etc.... if there even is such a person on this forum to begin with.

Anyways. That sheit ain't me. Good luck man
Thank you for the more civilized reply lmao. And yes, I am not looking at getting it right now. Probably not within the next year either. However, an opportunity arose that an L2S license would be majorly beneficial, so I am going to start getting everything I need done, so that I am ready when the time comes.

I have very limited actual seat time, however I have been in the scene for years now. Just now getting into actually drifting myself.
Old 10-01-2018, 04:15 PM   #5
MrMigs
Nissanaholic!

MrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond repute
This looks like a specifically Australian thing, no?

Old 10-01-2018, 04:30 PM   #6
PK2K

Quote:
This looks like a specifically Australian thing, no?
Australian? What do you mean?
Old 10-01-2018, 04:39 PM   #7
MrMigs
Nissanaholic!

CAMS = Confderation of Australian Motor Sports

Old 10-01-2018, 05:02 PM   #8
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Moved to Motorsports and Skilled Driving
Old 10-01-2018, 07:04 PM   #9
PK2K

Quote:
CAMS = Confderation of Australian Motor Sports
I appologize. I didn't mean CAMS. I forget the acronym that I meant to say.
Old 10-01-2018, 07:16 PM   #10
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK2K View Post
I appologize. I didn't mean CAMS. I forget the acronym that I meant to say.
That pretty much sums up the problem with this entire thread in a nutshell.

I specifically called out your seat time as that was one of the requirement of the L2S if you actually spent some time with research instead of coming on here......

If you can't even get the correct acronym, why should we be subjected to actually spoon feeding you the information....especially considering most if not all the info can be found in the L2S regs?

Stop being a lazy bum. Get the correct sanctioning body and go make some calls.

I had to do the same with my SCCA comp license. However I immersed myself in SCCA for several years prior to taking the leap.

I suggest you do the same.
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 10:39 PM   #11
MrMigs
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
That pretty much sums up the problem with this entire thread in a nutshell.

I specifically called out your seat time as that was one of the requirement of the L2S if you actually spent some time with research instead of coming on here......

If you can't even get the correct acronym, why should we be subjected to actually spoon feeding you the information....especially considering most if not all the info can be found in the L2S regs?

Stop being a lazy bum. Get the correct sanctioning body and go make some calls.

I had to do the same with my SCCA comp license. However I immersed myself in SCCA for several years prior to taking the leap.

I suggest you do the same.
Yeahhhh I'm siding with ralli on this... It's one thing to not have answers, but at least try to ask questions properly dude LOL

Old 01-24-2020, 01:24 AM   #12
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
You have previous experience ? I think you need a portfolio to give you merit to apply for one.