Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-25-2018, 04:48 PM   #1
ohmyfuzzy69

Trader Rating: (0)
ohmyfuzzy69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Thinking of buying from Japanese Classics

Looking into buying from Japanese classics in Richmond, VA. Anyone buy from them? Trying to make sure I don't get screw over trying to buy me a skyline sedan. Any info on them good or bad would help me decide on staying away from em or not.
Old 03-25-2018, 05:16 PM   #2
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
Two guys I work with have bought a car from them with no issue at all.
ILoveMyRHS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 07:54 AM   #3
crzsteveo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
crzsteveo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I would personally check out the particular car in person (obviously). I've seen way to many locals buy cars and discovers holes rusted out on the floor pans, jacked up wiring etc. then again these cars are coming from Japan
crzsteveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 08:32 AM   #4
Tealash_Garage
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Tealash_Garage is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I purchased my s13 Silvia from them in September of 2016. I had them send me detailed pics and facetime me to go over the car. They are very helpful and I am still very pleased with my purchase to this day.
Tealash_Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 09:10 AM   #5
smink
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (11)
smink is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
A good friend of mine bought an A31 Cefiro from them. They are legit and very helpful with the entire process of purchasing.
Old 03-26-2018, 10:01 AM   #6
ohmyfuzzy69

I plan to drive up and see the car in person before I put any cash in their hands. Being the car I've always wanted I'll go over every inch and drag my father along to help look it over as he's been working on cars for 50 years like lambos, porsche, ferraris, maserati and such. I just want to make sure the place don't have a bad reputation or is known for selling lemons. I couldn't find any bbb stuff.

Thanks
Old 05-29-2019, 07:13 PM   #7
iiEddieGii
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
iiEddieGii is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to iiEddieGii
How'd it go with Japanese Classics? Considering buying from them myself.
iiEddieGii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 07:36 PM   #8
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

kanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nice
A few years ago when they weren't so well known I came close to scooping up an S13 coupé but I didn't hear back from them. Idk how serious I was because I only emailed and it did say Pending Sale on the particular car I wanted..

But here I am and I have a RHD vert so all's well. I do like the detailed pics and descriptions on their site.
kanyedian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 04:35 AM   #9
Green Arrow
BANNED

Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow
What they sell for and what they list the cars for a different things, also ask side skirts to be removed for photos or if your there at any point. Rust hides...
Green Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 10:18 PM   #10
izzy-
Zilvia Member

izzy- is an unknown quantity at this point
They were called out on fb for passing a R as a grade 4 or something like that. Shady
izzy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 10:44 PM   #11
Farzam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Generally speaking the cars I've seen sold by them seem pretty solid. I'm sure there are a few cars they've sold that are meh-quality, but that's how the import game goes sometimes. I think a lot of people don't realize that cars don't age as well in JP as they do in certain parts of the US, so your expectations need to be a little lower unless you're paying absolute top dollar.

Driver Motorsports in Rustburg, VA has some good cars from what I've seen as well. A zilvia member works there too.
Old 06-03-2019, 12:06 AM   #12
ohmyfuzzy69

I actually ended up buying a Bugeye wrx wagon that is in great shape for 2500. I lucked out as everything I would of done to it is already done. Needs a few dents pulled and color change to WRB as I hate the red color
Old 06-03-2019, 12:51 PM   #13
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

kanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmyfuzzy69 View Post
I actually ended up buying a Bugeye wrx wagon that is in great shape for 2500. I lucked out as everything I would of done to it is already done. Needs a few dents pulled and color change to WRB as I hate the red color
True that. I dig those cars. Gonna have to change your signature now!
kanyedian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 10:32 AM   #14
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farzam View Post
Generally speaking the cars I've seen sold by them seem pretty solid. I'm sure there are a few cars they've sold that are meh-quality, but that's how the import game goes sometimes. I think a lot of people don't realize that cars don't age as well in JP as they do in certain parts of the US, so your expectations need to be a little lower unless you're paying absolute top dollar.
^this... it snows like a mother out there when it does...

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 01:45 PM   #15
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Their reputation is pretty good. With all things in the automotive world, these aren't new cars. Shit happens especially when being loaded in a container and shipped over a massive body of water after six thousand people put their dick beaters all over it prodding ever hole like a Marsha May video shoot. Go and physically check the car yourself or if you're too sketched out, buy an imported car from the marketplace here - or where ever it's cool to do that now - and buy from a member and get a better deal if you have cash.

The deal is only as good as your investigative skills, pocket depths and personal feels.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 02:51 PM   #16
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
there was someone on here who had a bad experience with them. i dont remember who it was, but basically echoing off of #3 and #9. the person said they werent 100 % true with their ad. i remember one of the big gripes being a terrible respray, where JC said it was professionally done (among other, smaller issues).

hopefully this person im talking about will chime in. but from what i gather, a lot of these issues can be resolved if you see the car in person prior to committing. although i do understand these cars go fast. not sure how you would coordinate that.

edit:
i cant believe i remembered it. its likely cause of the cool/unique swap. read post 9:
https://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=664830
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote