Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 02-09-2016, 04:04 PM   #31
Aeroscraper326
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Aeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Badass man. Props to the man at maaco that laid down the paint too.

Overall looks rad!!

Interior and brakes, then power? Or you going the opposite route?

Aeroscraper326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2016, 12:07 AM   #32
MrMarinakos
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
MrMarinakos is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroscraper326 View Post
Badass man. Props to the man at maaco that laid down the paint too.

Overall looks rad!!

Interior and brakes, then power? Or you going the opposite route?
Thank you, and most likely get a seat and maybe a few details, get some simple mods, get a hicas delete first aswell, then prob brakes.
MrMarinakos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 12:43 PM   #33
MrMarinakos
Leaky Injector

New updates.. Not much but cool pictures

Went to good 6-7 shows driving around all over on the east coast in the past 6 months.. did some burnouts if you haven't seen already.. check this video out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nz69n0CoS0

Threw my passenger zeta 3 of my fr-s into the driver side of my 180, looks cool (temporary until i get my new zeta 2's reupholstered)

My trip to daytona from va crushed my bumper so now its completely wrecked.. too broke to fix it at the time but heres a pic of it, the whole bottom part of fiberglass ripped completely off on the highway.

And a few pics from h2oi that i thought were nice.

after all that driving (and i normally never drive this car) put on a few thousand miles within those trips, but wore the hell out of some suspension parts. Wheel bearing in my rear passenger wheel is now gone. so thats something i gotta get + my balljoints are pretty worn and i bent a tie rod.. so plenty of things are about to come. That lead to me ordering the villain drift angle kit hopefully by next week. Next up is hunting for an s15 turbo, intercooler piping, and new air filter. Maybe cams.. however money comes about
Old 03-21-2019, 10:44 AM   #34
MrMarinakos
Leaky Injector

Man has it been a while...
Well i'm going to start back up with this since 2 years later, i'm almost done. (Keyword ALMOST)

First things first, I traded my FRS for a JZX100 chaser, with another 1jz + r154 added ontop. So my wild ass decided to swap the 180 with that 1jz.

I decided that I was going to take my time, get quality parts as I go and make this car right.
Additions to the build:
1JZ GTE (OEM turbo) Refreshed
R154 Completely refreshed (Everything has been replaced with brand new parts)
Wiring specialties harness
Chase bays tucked brake lines + z32 conversion lines
Chase bays power steering kit
Chase bays tucked radiator (cut frame and welded to fit) + Fans
Chase bays thermoswitch
Chase bays raised waterneck
Custom fuel lines (Cut fuel line next to transmission and fed over to avoid close connections with downpipe)
Odyssey fab downpipe (custom to fit RHD)
Custom exhaust with turndown
Z32 Brakes (Powdercoated candy red/cosmic blue)
Drilled/Slotted front rotors
HICAS delete subframe (Powdercoated candy red)
Megans Inner tie rod boots
PBM Steering rack bushings
PBM Coilovers
25mm Extended LCA'S (Painted red)
Moog I30 Inner tie rods
Moog S14 outer tie rods
GKTECH roll center correction kit
LS/JZ Swaybar from sikky
Custom battery relocation kit
Street faction battery box
Street faction rear bash bar
Custom front bash bar
HKS Intake filter
CX racing intercooler kit (LOL Quality right? Went cheap on this, plan on switching)
Autostorm collect bumper kit
Autostorm collect headlight relocation kit #2
Circuit Sports Coolant overflow
Solid subframe bushings
Custom driveshaft by driveshaft shop (R134 to ABS s13 DIFF)
Got a full set of FLAT lip blitz 03's, full chrome, gold hardware.
18 X 9.5 +6 18 X 11 + 0
Tired ordered but not yet received, 225/40r18 for 9.5 255/40r18 for 11

Heres some pictures of progress but if you want to really keep up to date with my build follow me on instagram @MrMarinakos

IMG_3749
IMG_4382
IMG_5164
IMG_4373
Old 03-21-2019, 02:10 PM   #35
EFITTZY
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
EFITTZY is making a name for him/her selfEFITTZY is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm hyped to see people keep reviving their build threads from the dead!

Nice work OP this thing is going to be sick. Subbed for updates
Old 05-27-2019, 08:31 PM   #36
MrMarinakos
Leaky Injector

Update:
Bought more parts
Mach V is a local shop next to me that supports Prosport gauges, and I decided to get the full 60mm setup with the Revo style gauges. Also with that, I went and bought gauge pods for the ac vent replacement from street faction as well as a new front bash bar. (Come to find out the custom bash bar i purchased doesn't fit with my intercooler setup.) Also found this guy who makes custom dash pod setups for the steering column, so I went and ordered this cool setup linked:
http://ortizcustompods.com/nissan.html

Ok so down to the details, I got her almost all the way back together to start getting on all the tweaks. Bled everything, filled all the fluids. got her running again after a fresh waterpump install. Everything seemed to be fine but of course a huge project like this always has its flaws. My power steering setup was flipped, which in my case i'm still confused on whats the correct way to go about it because I have a RHD Hicas rack, and you can't find shit for details on them online. I have yet to start the car since so not sure if it fixed it yet. Outside of this, my other issue is that my chase bays fans are not turning on with the chase bays thermoswitch I have, so i'm trying to figure out what is causing it from turning on or if my dumbass has to wait longer for them to activate. Ontop of that my HKS filter doesn't fit within the space I want it to with my J-pipe delete so now I have to go filter searching... I don't have much time for this car so at this rate it'll be done by the end of summer(hopefully)

On to the bright side I have the tires mounted, weld heat sink cover, and got a photoshoot of my jzx100 done recently. Heres some pictures

IMG_5636

IMG_5651

IMG_5677

IMG_5681

IMG_5682