Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-21-2013, 01:39 AM   #61
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Buy a set of stock OEM shocks and springs for like $80 and save up for a decent set of coils. Why is this concept so hard for people? Instead of buying $500 coilovers and risking your life, you already have $420 saved up for when you are ready to purchase quality.

I mean there are some parts you can get away with buying cheap, but suspension is definitely not something you want to experiment with unless you are in a controlled testing environment.
Old 06-23-2013, 12:02 AM   #62
towlie
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (11)
towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Coilovers. Lets argue about them.

Cliff notes:

MY OPINION > YOUR INSIGNIFIGANT LIFE
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 02:29 AM   #63
ShakotanGazelle
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
ShakotanGazelle is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
oh my lol.

This thread tho....
ShakotanGazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:55 AM   #64
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
wooooow.
Just read the whole thread. and I just want to apologize on behalf of the members of zilvia, that have gotten so caught up in posting THEIR opinions in YOUR FUCKING REVIEW THREAD!!!! and have demonstrated their complete lack of reading comprehension. This was never intended to be," hey guys , so what the fuck do you think about these cheapo coilovers"

So by posting this review thread , the op was using this forum for one of it's truest purposes. The sharing of information with other members of the community.

Let him post his experiences with them, so people can make decissions on if they want these damn things on their cars for themselves.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:28 AM   #65
Rich260z
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Rich260z is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
You should try them with swift springs. At least when you do get better coilovers or if these blow you can reuse the swift springs.

Inb4: why would you put good springs on bad coilover.
Rich260z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:16 AM   #66
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Yeah, lets also try Godspeed springs on Ohlins.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:49 AM   #67
MedHat240sx
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
MedHat240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i deff wouldnt mind giving raceland a shot. A friend of mine has bin rolling on Racelands on his VW for about 2 and a half years now and there isnt anything wrong with them they still feel and look new. Stiff as fuck and literally laying frame and it sees quite a bit of track time. Drag racing aswell as Autocross. His experiance with them they are just like your average coilover i cant see Raceland making AMAZING coilovers for the VW then shitting on other cars. Doesnt make sense. Currently im on Megan Tracks which are 4 years old with no leaks no squeaks no problems what so ever dapening still works no ceasing what so ever. They have out lasted some of my buddys coilovers who are rolling on Stance. Some of the cheaper companys are making a quality product for a reason. im also using a cast iron top mount turbo manifold from isis. BEST manifold i have ever bought. 2 years of being beat to shit with no flex pipe and no cracks what so ever.
MedHat240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:51 AM   #68
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
You clicked on the review for Raceland Coilovers.

Here is your review: They suck.

End of review.

ps: Where is Race Land?

Last edited by ixfxi; 06-23-2013 at 01:32 PM..
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:59 AM   #69
ATLspeed
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
ATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipergtsr1000hp View Post
...let us know how it goes cuz im about to get some for my 01 civic es1.
I have these on my 02 civic coupe and I dont like them. The rear springs are a little to soft for my taste. Other than that they are ok.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:02 AM   #70
Thedriftbadger
Zilvia Junkie

Thedriftbadger is an unknown quantity at this point
Well time for an update. I've got about 700 miles on them now and they're feeling way better. The first 3-400 miles, well honestly they sucked. It was so harsh i almost didn't want to drive the car. At about 500 miles a noticed they had gotten a lot smoother and i didn't even think about them til i hit a bump. At approximately 700 miles they are actually feeling awesome. The feeling of the rear being underdampened is greatly reduced, no bounce at all. I'm actually starting to like these. And i'm not just saying that cause i spent money on them and i don't want to admit anything. I'm being 100% honest in saying that i'm pleasantly surprised with the ride, it's way better than i expected.
And for those who are going to say they don't need to break in, they sure as hell do. This is my 3rd lowered car and all of them have had the ride get better after the springs started to loosten up.
Thedriftbadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:08 AM   #71
bc.
Zilvia Addict

bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
I have never heard of a break-in period for coilovers, but maybe that is just me. I have heard that the springs take time to 'settle' though.

Also, this is pretty important, did you get an alignment after you installed them? Sorry if you already stated this.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:15 AM   #72
Flako
Leaky Injector

Flako is an unknown quantity at this point
Heres ur review, racelands....good to lower ur car...period.

Dont try to be all DK with them or take em to the track....cuz yo shisnits will break.

Period.
Flako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:33 AM   #73
Thedriftbadger
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc. View Post
I have never heard of a break-in period for coilovers, but maybe that is just me. I have heard that the springs take time to 'settle' though.

Also, this is pretty important, did you get an alignment after you installed them? Sorry if you already stated this.
The spring is what i'm talking about being broken in. It's a coiled up piece of metal that's been sitting for god knows how long. It will loosten up once it gets compressed and extended a few time.
I did the best i could to align it til i could get it to the shop, which i'll be at in 20 minutes
Old 06-27-2013, 08:34 AM   #74
Thedriftbadger
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flako View Post
Heres ur review, racelands....good to lower ur car...period.

Dont try to be all DK with them or take em to the track....cuz yo shisnits will break.

Period.
Oh gee thanks. Now i don't even have to do a review any more cause we have this amazing in depth review right here in that comment! Thanks man!
Old 06-27-2013, 09:02 AM   #75
Corbic
Post Whore!

Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Did anyone pick up yet that the OP is from Florida?
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:52 AM   #76
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Did anyone pick up yet that the OP is from Florida?
wait.........

i thought you were the OP?
Old 06-27-2013, 09:58 AM   #77
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
wait.........

i thought you were the OP?
You down with O.P.P. ?

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:34 PM   #78
Corbic
Post Whore!

Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Quote:
wait.........

I thought you were the op?
hay hay tar
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:46 PM   #79
immasonlowery

Trader Rating: (-1)
immasonlowery is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
i dont understand why everyone is hating on the op? alls he was doing is posting a review he never said there amazing or better then any other coil over? although i have owned zeal function d coilovers hks hypermaxx 2 s god speed projects and d2 race 2s and i personally like the race lands. they ride pretty good get crazy low and damper pretty good aswell cant beat 520 shipped.. and are far better then godspeed projects.
immasonlowery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 04:51 PM   #80
codyace
Post Whore!

codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by immasonlowery View Post
i dont understand why everyone is hating on the op? alls he was doing is posting a review he never said there amazing or better then any other coil over? although i have owned zeal function d coilovers hks hypermaxx 2 s god speed projects and d2 race 2s and i personally like the race lands. they ride pretty good get crazy low and damper pretty good aswell cant beat 520 shipped.. and are far better then godspeed projects.
I find it hard to believe that you'd take racelands over the HKS and Zeal offerings, unless the ones you had were blown when you got them used.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 06-29-2013, 04:58 PM   #81
Thedriftbadger
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
I find it hard to believe that you'd take racelands over the HKS and Zeal offerings, unless the ones you had were blown when you got them used.
He never said he prefered them he just said he liked them.
Old 06-29-2013, 05:25 PM   #82
immasonlowery

lol hell no i dont prefer them. the zeals were the best coils ive ever driven on. i was just saying ive driven on nice coil overs and i think the racelands are decent. and deff worth the money.
Old 06-29-2013, 05:41 PM   #83
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Was it worth the flaming, too?
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 05:54 PM   #84
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Hey look, finally an affordable coilover option for PoopaScoopa. Now he won't have to resort to stealing from others. Thanks Race Land!
Old 06-29-2013, 07:33 PM   #85
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Shit. I better sell my brand new PBM's and get these. I mean, I could spray paint them and sell them as any brand I want!

Good idea, KiLLeR!

Wanna buy a pair of brand new Fortune's?
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:18 PM   #86
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedriftbadger View Post
He never said he prefered them he just said he liked them.
I enjoy eating steak I get from the local butcher, but also like the cheap shit I get at BJ's in a 6 pack. Same diff.

Old 06-29-2013, 10:07 PM   #87
iRONDONkey
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
iRONDONkey is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'm going to just fit magnetic suspension with active stability control in my s13 so I can say every coilover you have ever used is crap.
iRONDONkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:52 PM   #88
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by immasonlowery View Post
you're 19

your opinion means nothing to me. not trying to be a dick, but listening to you talk about suspension is like listening to you talk about sex.

straight outta highschool, get the fuck outta here with that teen shit.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:47 AM   #89
immasonlowery

Quote:
you're 19

your opinion means nothing to me. not trying to be a dick, but listening to you talk about suspension is like listening to you talk about sex.

straight outta highschool, get the fuck outta here with that teen shit.
please explain what i said that qualifies as " that teen shit " lmfao
Old 06-30-2013, 01:32 AM   #90
zeebrah
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
zeebrah is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
520 for racelands?!?! Wtf happened. I remember back when I got a new pair for a bmw for $150.
They were on that car for several years and mihht even still be. ...So real long term review.....PROS: they laid frame for $150 and didnt break. CONS: everything else. They ride like shit. One day they were stiff and you needed a back massage after just driving home from work. Next day they would ride so soft it felt like a blown out 70s sration wagon. Shit kept you on your toes! Oh..and basically white knuckled it anytime was going over 80 in fear they would implode with that $150 price tag.
So IF they were still $150 and your sole intention was going unnecessarily low and taking turns about about half speed they were a good deal and worked. (Tho at that point id say just cut your springs in half or take them out...itd probably ride about the same)....
But at $520 youd have to be retarded.
Tho they do give a good story to tell...