Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-04-2019, 08:29 PM   #1
speedgod^s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
speedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to speedgod^s13
Coil Pack Questions

Has anyone run P2M coils on a high boost/high hp motor? If so, did they hold up fine? Next question is what coil pack options are out there, that will still allow me to run my coil pack cover plate? From what I've heard, the VQ coil packs should fit under the cover. Can anyone confirm this? Any other suggestions?
speedgod^s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2019, 10:00 PM   #2
jakeykunSR20

Trader Rating: (2)
jakeykunSR20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Can't confirm on fitment, although R35/Yaris look really close from images I've seen, but Motive just released an awesome coilpack comparison video that might help with your decision.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d3nrBZjYKA
jakeykunSR20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 10:23 AM   #3
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
jedi03 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
i like the P2M products and theirs has a good warranty, if looking at other manufacturers GM coils have been great, especially those from the Tahoes with the heat sinc on top
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 12:20 PM   #4
speedgod^s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
speedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to speedgod^s13
I ended up going with the Platinum kit. Pricey, but it comes with everything needed, including a mounting plate, as well as custom stalks designed for the SR.
speedgod^s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 12:34 PM   #5
blksylv
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
blksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
I run vq coils and they fit under my cp cover fine
there is nothing wrong with enjoying the build. however, we sometimes have to remind ourselves that the build is only one part of the puzzle, and that ultimately - enjoying and driving the car is the number one priority.
blksylv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 12:43 PM   #6
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
GM coils are not as good as everyone says they are. In addition, they are simply bulky and a pain to mount and just plain do not perform.

R35 coil packs are the incorrect length. I bought my Taarks R35 GTR conversion kit as it was the cheapest and easiest solution.

G37 coil packs are almost identical to the R35. The only variance is boot length and an internal probe (the GTR coil pack has it, if my memory serves me correct, the G37 does not).

G37 should just about fit on the S13/S14/S15.
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote