Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Polls

Polls Post All Polls in Here.

View Poll Results: So which one is it?
Mobil/Exxon 31 16.67%
Shell 36 19.35%
76 28 15.05%
Arco 7 3.76%
Chevron 40 21.51%
Texaco 3 1.61%
Anything as long as my car can burn it 41 22.04%
Voters: 186. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-25-2006, 01:44 PM   #61
Liger
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Liger is making a name for him/her selfLiger is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
something bout the 76 ethanol recipe makes the turbo spool quicker, or so it sounds
Liger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2006, 11:27 PM   #62
IngS14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
IngS14 is making a name for him/her selfIngS14 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to IngS14
my choice is Mobile 91 Octane,Ive always stick with 1 brand and 1 grade of gas for my s13,daily drive or tuning for track.
Old 08-26-2006, 09:02 AM   #63
punxva
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punxva
i use the 93 octane from 76
not sure if you realize this

but when you knockup that skanky drunk sea donkey, you're gonna have to listen to her shit for the rest of your life

age 33 and you dont know your ass from your elbow

punxva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 12:45 PM   #64
srpowereds14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
srpowereds14 is a splendid one to beholdsrpowereds14 is a splendid one to beholdsrpowereds14 is a splendid one to beholdsrpowereds14 is a splendid one to beholdsrpowereds14 is a splendid one to beholdsrpowereds14 is a splendid one to beholdsrpowereds14 is a splendid one to beholdsrpowereds14 is a splendid one to beholdsrpowereds14 is a splendid one to beholdsrpowereds14 is a splendid one to beholdsrpowereds14 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to srpowereds14
I run half tank of 76 or chevron 91 of course and fill the rest up with sunoco 112
Old 08-27-2006, 02:43 PM   #65
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
mr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mr_240sx Send a message via MSN to mr_240sx
i use petro-canada gas 91 octane

my parents own 2 petros so i know what is in the gas!
mr_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 02:50 PM   #66
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

hellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enough
mr 240sx what do you say about cheveron 93? thats all i use, well spur/discount zone sometimes

$3/gal right now... yes!!!!
hellion240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 04:14 PM   #67
SnakeKack
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
SnakeKack is a glorious beacon of lightSnakeKack is a glorious beacon of lightSnakeKack is a glorious beacon of lightSnakeKack is a glorious beacon of lightSnakeKack is a glorious beacon of lightSnakeKack is a glorious beacon of lightSnakeKack is a glorious beacon of lightSnakeKack is a glorious beacon of lightSnakeKack is a glorious beacon of lightSnakeKack is a glorious beacon of lightSnakeKack is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SnakeKack
Hess 93 octane.
SnakeKack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 04:22 PM   #68
luisgonz
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
luisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to luisgonz
Pre-mix

Motul 2 stroke oil and 91 octane On my rx7 ,But on my 240sx i use what ever it can burn because its just a ka
luisgonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 11:21 AM   #69
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
Nothing but 87 Arco on my 240 and it runs just fine. I've used other types of gas but haven't noticed any differences. So I use what's cheapest. NOt like my car is boosted or high comp right now or anything. No detonation at all and I get 23-25 mpg.
articdragon192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 09:45 PM   #70
KFLS14
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
KFLS14 will become famous soon enoughKFLS14 will become famous soon enoughKFLS14 will become famous soon enoughKFLS14 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Only 93 octane Exxon or Mobil sometimes.
KFLS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 05:59 PM   #71
Drift Motion
Zilvia Member

Drift Motion is on the path to ruinDrift Motion is on the path to ruin
Send a message via AIM to Drift Motion
so far mobil1

Drift Motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 11:25 PM   #72
scottyb
Leaky Injector

scottyb is on a distinguished road
i'm convinced

http://www.caranddriver.com/article....&page_number=1

I never really believed that the additives and detergents in higher priced gas were worth the "hype", but this article in Car&Driver changed my mind.

If you think about why auto manufacturers would create this TopTier designation it starts to make sense. It's not some shady deal with the big oil companies to promote their gas, it's to reduce expensive warranty claims on engines and fuel systems that get messed up by lower quality gas.

In the end all gas basically burns the same (because its pretty much all going through the same pipelines to get here) and will produce the same power, unless you just get a bad tank that is contaminated by moisture or something.

But from now on I'm going to put a couple extra bucks in my tank so my expensive injectors don't get clogged with deposits.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 06:06 PM   #73
DoriftoPnoy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
DoriftoPnoy is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
1. 76
2. Cheveron
3. Shell

Anything else I wouldn't bother to try cuz my mechanic already tried em all for me.
Old 10-13-2006, 11:22 PM   #74
s13coupedrfter
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
s13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
When I'm feeling the need I'll put some 108 octane from the local 76 station off Sepulveda and Manchester near LAX airport. I don't drive too much so the 8.75 a gallon doesn't hurt so bad.
s13coupedrfter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 12:13 AM   #75
prsfan01

prsfan01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to prsfan01
I'm good for atleast 91 octane from Hess.

FL prices suck: 93 oct. $2.41 today....87 oct. $2.29. Where's the 1.89 like I saw in GA last week?

1993 240sx Daily Driver.
1994 NX2000 rally-x car.

prsfan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 08:48 AM   #76
ONYX S-13
Zilvia FREAK!

ONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to ONYX S-13 Send a message via MSN to ONYX S-13
Stop whining.. 2.45 for regular here 2.60's for premie =P.. 100 oct. 6.25 - 6.35
ONYX S-13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:07 PM   #77
backroadtouge
Zilvia Member

backroadtouge is a jewel in the roughbackroadtouge is a jewel in the roughbackroadtouge is a jewel in the roughbackroadtouge is a jewel in the roughbackroadtouge is a jewel in the roughbackroadtouge is a jewel in the roughbackroadtouge is a jewel in the rough
dang cali yall are gettin ripped! i payed 2.11 today for 93 at my tom thumb. i usually go to quicktrip for gas because it runs the same as cheveron. shell gas is about 10cents higher in DFW. and i havnt seen a 76 in so long, i dont think there in texas anymore....

お金も腕も、何も無い・
backroadtouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:20 PM   #78
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liger
something bout the 76 ethanol recipe makes the turbo spool quicker, or so it sounds
Old 11-24-2006, 05:11 PM   #79
bamaboy
Zilvia FREAK!

bamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricer240sx
they all get there gas from the same damn place

Gas is Gas is Gas is Gas who cares, jsut go to the place that has it for the least!!!
In some respects you are right.....but there are details that make this statement a little untrue.
Yes, and gas station no matter the brand, Shell, BP, Citgo...etc.... can and does purchase gas from several different suppliers including each other as well as from themself. This gas all comes from the same tanks as regular, midgrade, and premium. Here comes the difference and what makes one better than the other. Shell, BP, Citgo, and mom and pops store...etc.. all have different brlend recipes for "their" additives. The additives are what makes the gas better. Additives help with lubricity (since we don't use lead anymore, yes lead was a lubricant), the cleaning of injectors, and each "brand" of gas has different levels of sediment and suspended solids (what ends up in the bottom of your gas tank.
So, all the mom and pop places get the generic additives and the big oil companys use their recipes that are engineered to make theri brand better or worse then others. Shell V-Power is among the best fuel that can be purchased at the consumer level.... they spend a lot of money developing a good product, Exon/Mobil would be second to Shell.
So when you are deciding who's product to put in your car, know that like everything else in life, you are getting what you pay for.
Also, if you live in an area that has ethanol mandated, all gas has the same amount no matter the station....remember the whole thing about it all comes from the same place........

** Disclaimer, I don't work for either of these companies...***

Quote:
Right now you are my biggest fan. You are to me what a sex tape is to Paris Hilton, not the best publicity in the world, but at least I'm on people's mind and it has something to do with a pussy!!! HAAHAAAAAAA
bamaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 05:14 PM   #80
bamaboy
Zilvia FREAK!

bamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13coupedrfter
When I'm feeling the need I'll put some 108 octane from the local 76 station off Sepulveda and Manchester near LAX airport. I don't drive too much so the 8.75 a gallon doesn't hurt so bad.
you may not drive much but that high octane stuff will evaporate very quickly if not used.....

Quote:
Right now you are my biggest fan. You are to me what a sex tape is to Paris Hilton, not the best publicity in the world, but at least I'm on people's mind and it has something to do with a pussy!!! HAAHAAAAAAA
Old 05-15-2008, 11:36 PM   #81
ONYX S-13
Zilvia FREAK!

ONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to all
$3.93 here for regular.
$4.13 for Premium

I'm glad I just bought an EG8.. Still cost 40 bucks to fill up. But at least I get 33 MPG city
Old 05-16-2008, 02:07 AM   #82
mangoes
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
mangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
i use 76, if there isnt a 76 in sight and i get desperate, ill settle for chevron.

paid 4.09 today for 91 -_-

Outside Family
mangoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 05:11 AM   #83
bamaboy
Zilvia FREAK!

Chevron gasoline is used by several foreign and domestic manufacturers to pass EPA emmissions test and to set the mpg benchmarks.

3.79 for regular in Columbus, GA this morning
3.99 for premium.

Quote:
Old 05-16-2008, 04:15 PM   #84
wickedS14

wickedS14 will become famous soon enoughwickedS14 will become famous soon enoughwickedS14 will become famous soon enoughwickedS14 will become famous soon enoughwickedS14 will become famous soon enough
87 all day long. 76, tesoro, 7-11/aloha, costco, whatevers cheaper. My old ka could care less, as long as I check on her fluids, she runs like a champ!!!
$3.73 @ 7-11/aloha in Makaha, cheapest in the island right now.
wickedS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 04:33 AM   #85
rb25_s13*CHUKI
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
rb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rb25_s13*CHUKI
101 for the evo $7.69 a gallon... 91 s chassis... $4.13? From 76 or exxon

Just coming back from my zilvia vacation and i read this post... i said $4.13!!! In one month it rose to $4.40 87 OMG!!

Last edited by rb25_s13*CHUKI; 06-20-2008 at 04:38 PM..
rb25_s13*CHUKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 02:30 AM   #86
ONYX S-13
Zilvia FREAK!

Robbery..!!! That's nuts for one month.

It's $4.55 here now for regular
$4.74 Premium
Old 07-13-2008, 04:57 AM   #87
JayDee M Rolly
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
JayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really nice
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JayDee M Rolly
costco 87

its teh awesome
JayDee M Rolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 05:12 PM   #88
ONYX S-13
Zilvia FREAK!

Do you get a discounted rate if you have a membership there?
Old 07-21-2010, 07:02 PM   #89
racebredZ32

racebredZ32 is an unknown quantity at this point
sunoco all day
racebredZ32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 10:06 AM   #90
GReddySTi05
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
GReddySTi05 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GReddySTi05 Send a message via Yahoo to GReddySTi05
shell, used it to clean out my engine, started getting more mpg, and passed smog with it, no joke lol, i used chevron like 4 times,and every time the car (stock 95 240sx) felt weird and loss of power sluggish, also use mobile, car feels like it has more power on mobile, but if i dont have the funds, anything that will burn haha
GReddySTi05 is offline   Reply With Quote