Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 05-14-2020, 11:28 AM   #1
kkmecham88

Trader Rating: (0)
kkmecham88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SR No spark issues.

So I?m swapping a Sr20det into my 93 240sx with the 62 ecu. It?s my first time doing anything like this so I need a bit of help. First off my harness was cut pretty bad so I?m just trying to get it put back together. I had to buy a new ignition chip and connectors because they were cut off I used the wiring diagram from wiring specialties so I?m pretty sure it?s wired in correctly. I?ve tested my grounds into the ecu and into the ignition chip and the grounds all seem good. Looking at all the wires that aren?t wired into anything I found that my ecu ECCS relay wasn?t wired into anything I don?t know where to wire it into and would that cause no spark? I also found that my eng cont fuse was blew I replaced it and it hasn?t blew yet so I?m not sure why it blew in the first place. If someone could help that would be great.
kkmecham88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2020, 06:43 PM   #2
NukeKS14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
NukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
https://frsport.com/SR20DET-Swap-Eng...SR20_t_26.html

another SR20 swap guide

https://www.nicoclub.com/archives/s1...-s13-swap.html

Having your ECCS relay not wired up would prevent your car from starting.

Really though, just make a "I need help with my SR swap" thread and stop making separate threads for each symptom you're having. This is all related to your swap and the gremlins may be interrelated as well (Frankenstein wiring harness.) You lose fidelity when everything you've done up to that point troubleshooting gets lost in your new thread.

https://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=673773

Last edited by NukeKS14; 05-14-2020 at 07:19 PM..
NukeKS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 12:27 AM   #3
kkmecham88

Trader Rating: (0)
kkmecham88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i was finally able to get spark but not the way its meant to. so on my harness on the 4 pin side of the igniter chip it has a wire splitting off of the ignition signal 1 i dont know if thats factory or not but i ended up wiring that to the black and red wire that goes to the chassis connectors right where i have the 12v for the coil harness connector. and when i use a test light and put the alligator clip on a ground and then poke the wires on the 5 pin side of the igniter with the prong of the test light it sparks all 4 coils at the same time and i have tested this multiple times doing different things and this is the only was ive gotten it to spark. also all my ignition wires have at least 10v now which before they had 0v. i ended up taking out my CAS and when i turn it by hand no spark still it turns on the injectors and thats it.
kkmecham88 is offline   Reply With Quote