Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 01-21-2020, 05:49 PM   #12571
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Shit your whore mouth!!!!! Z33 was and is awesome.

That render, looks dated.

Let's move past trying to retro style and harken back to the 240Z. Just make an awesome modern sports car.

I'd rather see a Z32 inspired car.

Z34 Is a relic from the late 90's and it looked like trash when new. It was also supposed to chanel more of that retro 240Z look.
The Z33 was a Z32 inspired car the designer even coped to it Seriously its almost a 30 year design as well at this point which makes it somewhat retro.
I honestly see no problem taking design cues from the original Z because it was and still is a fucking beautiful car!

Should they go modern with the design with cues oh ya! The render though is a hell of a lot better than a lot of the design language coming out of Nissan as of late though. :loll:

Don’t get me wrong I thought the Z33 was pretty decent but they are right the G35 aka Skyline in Japan was a much nicer looking car overall shape wise.

Albeit a little larger looking but the right cues but it was not meant to be a Z either. It did take cues from past skylines and it was smart that Nissan put both cars on the same core unibody.

I do agree with what you said earlier about Nissan putting the Z and GTR on the same base unibody it would be a very wise marketing decision as well as cost savings.
Will they do it? Probably not.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2020, 06:08 PM   #12572
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
I really think the current version of nissans big v grill would translate well to a sports car.
Agreed. An agressive set of head lights and front lip can really compliment the V design.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 08:16 AM   #12573
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
While scrolling I though it was a new Hyundai. Render or not that things is fugly, then again so was the Z33.

The G35 was one of the best looking cars Nissan has made in a long time.

Curious though. Wouldn't putting the GTR and Z on the same unibody make the Z really heavy?
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 09:04 AM   #12574
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
Curious though. Wouldn't putting the GTR and Z on the same unibody make the Z really heavy?
the GTR is roughly 600lbs heavier... not that big of a difference. and technically it IS the same platform as the GTR is a modified FM chassis.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 09:16 AM   #12575
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
the GTR is roughly 600lbs heavier...
^This. Removing the all the AWD components for a more simple FR lay out, should put it closer to the 370's current 3,300~ weight.

Also, G37>G35>350Z......370Z
Old 01-22-2020, 10:20 AM   #12576
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
While scrolling I though it was a new Hyundai. Render or not that things is fugly, then again so was the Z33.

The G35 was one of the best looking cars Nissan has made in a long time.

Or would it make the GTR lighter?

My point wouldn't be make them the same platform but the same actual car unibody. That way they share sheet metal, interior, glass etc.

Same way a GT3 is a Carrera, a GT500 is a Mustang and a Hellcat is a Challenger.

Basically reverting back to the GTRs of yesteryear being juiced up Skylines.

This would also make the Z a 2+2 again, which I think helps make the car more appealing. The actual consumers would rather have a more practical car then a lighter one.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 11:58 AM   #12577
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
the GTR is roughly 600lbs heavier... not that big of a difference. and technically it IS the same platform as the GTR is a modified FM chassis.
Ah, I didn't know it was on a modified FM chassis. The FM platform is old af to. Makes me wonder if a new Z would see a new platform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [240sx] View Post
^This. Removing the all the AWD components for a more simple FR lay out, should put it closer to the 370's current 3,300~ weight.

Also, G37>G35>350Z......370Z
Agreed the G37/q60 is hawt. If the new one came with a manual that would have been the car of choice.
Old 01-22-2020, 03:46 PM   #12578
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Ah, I didn't know it was on a modified FM chassis. The FM platform is old af to. Makes me wonder if a new Z would see a new platform.
nope! FM platform is still in use in all the RWD and AWD Nissans and Infinitis. its just been modified and updated over the years, but still the same platform.

Old 01-22-2020, 04:40 PM   #12579
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
nope! FM platform is still in use in all the RWD and AWD Nissans and Infinitis. its just been modified and updated over the years, but still the same platform.
And people cry about Dodge still using the LX platform.

Old 01-22-2020, 06:51 PM   #12580
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
GM is still using the Alpha platform for all of its RWD platforms.

The reality of it is, all these platforms are pretty amazing and they cost a shit ton to develop. They either get modified and updated or they go away and we’re back to little to no RWD cars on the market again.

Personally I’ll take the former and not complain. Especially when you have the Camaro (and the Caddy’s) still being an absolutely outstanding car in the handling department.
Old 01-23-2020, 10:04 AM   #12581
Future240
Future Moderator

The Caddy's are looking better and better to me.

An ATS-V would be a dope car to drive.

I have not driven one but I assume the FM platform is great. I always looked at the G37 and though with just a bit of modifying it could easily be a 2+2 Nissan Branded coupe outfitted with a turbo 4.

I'm all for Nissan making good cars again that are cheaper.
Old 01-23-2020, 02:52 PM   #12582
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Super quick and choppy (squint if you need to) but I think it looks cooler with the current design language.

C&D

Photochop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-23-2020, 02:57 PM   #12583
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Super quick and choppy (squint if you need to) but I think it looks cooler with the current design language.

C&D

Photochop

Not bad at all Mel indeed it does look pretty good i just wish they would lose all that damn chrome. Man how I hate the chrome plate look!

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html

Last edited by drift freaq; 01-24-2020 at 01:07 PM..
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 03:02 PM   #12584
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

that would be friggin BA!!!

Old 01-24-2020, 03:35 AM   #12585
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
cadillac might get a real ctsv successor.

https://jalopnik.com/hottest-cadilla...d-v-1841180036

pretty funny the blackwing engine doesnt fit.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 09:02 AM   #12586
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:

C&D

Photochop

I tweeted this at Nissan and Nissan usa
Old 01-24-2020, 11:14 AM   #12587
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Nissan wont do anything with it. They are legally obligated to ignore design submissions and suggestions from the general public... and i speak from first hand experience.

Old 01-24-2020, 01:14 PM   #12588
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

They are legally obligated to ignore enthusiasts. I speak from first hand experience as well. Lol.

Sucks, the more I look at that the more I want it. It makes a much better case for a new SX honestly.
Old 01-24-2020, 01:17 PM   #12589
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
What’s your Twitter?
Old 01-24-2020, 01:27 PM   #12590
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Nissan wont do anything with it. They are legally obligated to ignore design submissions and suggestions from the general public... and i speak from first hand experience.
More like they won't do shit because they'll be bankrupt in two years.

Old 01-24-2020, 02:52 PM   #12591
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
More like they won't do shit because they'll be bankrupt in two years.

the exact verbiage i got from nissan was "nissan USA is not allowed to accept or even review public submissions for vehicle designs"

Old 02-11-2020, 01:48 PM   #12592
Corbic
Post Whore!

There is no future.

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/02/10/...acturing-halt/
Old 02-12-2020, 06:08 AM   #12593
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

I thought for sure you were going to post the article that EVs officially outsold manual transmissions. Which is surprising to me that that just happened now.
Old 02-12-2020, 07:44 AM   #12594
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
I thought for sure you were going to post the article that EVs officially outsold manual transmissions.
if that is true, it doesnt surprise me as it really wouldnt take much to do...

EVs outselling manual transmission cars in a year in the modern car market is like arguming over the internet... even if you win, its still retarded.

Last edited by dorkidori_s13; 02-12-2020 at 09:42 AM..
Old 02-12-2020, 09:14 AM   #12595
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
The sad thing is I wouldn't be surprised if we start to see manuals being the more expensive option for cars in the future.

"Nostalgia trim" or "Enthusiast trim" or whatever the fuck they'll market it as.
Old 02-12-2020, 09:43 AM   #12596
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
The sad thing is I wouldn't be surprised if we start to see manuals being the more expensive option for cars in the future
this has already started happening in the used car market... ever take a look at manual Pontiac G8s vs automatic G8s?

Old 02-12-2020, 10:02 AM   #12597
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
I dont mind paying more for a manual transmission im just grateful its there. It just depends on the premium under $3k sure. 5k maybe depending on the car. above that, no way.
Old 02-12-2020, 10:41 AM   #12598
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
this has already started happening in the used car market... ever take a look at manual Pontiac G8s vs automatic G8s?
Yes, but this is really dependent of the vehicle.(Performance/ Enthusiast oriented). The G8 GXP is/was always destined to be a classic, just as/ is the Chevrolet SS. No one's paying a premium for a manual camry.lol
Old 02-13-2020, 05:40 AM   #12599
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Camaro wins another camparo. This time against a GT500 and Hellcat Redeye Land Yacht. And it’s a pretty clear winner.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...-car-showdown/
Old 02-13-2020, 11:16 AM   #12600
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

there was another video on the z1le vs gt500 track comparo, but it was not a fair test as the reviewers admitted the gt500’s tires were not in the best condition.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1zx8-CBtXIs

regardless its hard to justify the gt500’s value given high adms for the gt500 and typical discounts for the z1le. Some of used models w a 1k miles go for low 60k to high 50k. on some of the camaro forums ive read ppl picking up regular zl1’s under 50k. With the gt500 good luck finding anything with less than 10k adm

didnt know the redeye widebody was the absurdly expensive. at that price one could shop for used viper acrs I think. Kinda wish they brought a c7 zr1 to the comparos.