Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-13-2017, 03:41 PM   #121
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
I put together a fully fledged out AEM Infinity 506 setup for my redtop sr, with an AEM sensor for every engine parameter I could think of ran to the ecu. Failsafes for everything, with a custom built harness to suit from wiring specialties.
Over 800 for the custom harness, 1200+ for the ecu, and over 1200 in just the additional sensors.
3200 bucks for the baddest standalone setup I could put together myself, all to run like 400hp...

Then I went to Super D; came home and sold that entire setup because I can do the same thing (and have) with a simple RS Enthalpy ROM tune and it ran perfectly fine, and i'd have 2400 dollars left over for whatever the fuck else.

Just because there's newer, better stuff out there, doesn't mean its the "best" option. At least not for a car that's sole purpose was to go have fun drifting. Stick with what works the best for the money.
But still, throw SAFC's in the trash.
Heh heh... my SAFC helped me get my Enthalpy tune to that sweet spot and my car is a rocket now.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2017, 03:58 PM   #122
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
P.S.

Suck my dick from the back.
Lol this made my day

Love this damn website and all the people on here with such huge egos. All that goes out the window in person...I bet there’s many of them on here. All the power they have is on zilvia bashing people. Got my first red mark for being a “smart ass.” Pretty sure I know from who..again....little people...doing little things doesn’t bother me. Keep killing it Zar,

No new friends...
afishysilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 04:23 PM   #123
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinChillenBallin View Post
LMAAAAAAAOOOO please tell me you listen to Bodega Boys as well?
Double topping all day, son.
Quote:
Originally Posted by afishysilvia View Post
Keep killing it Zar,
LOVE YOU TOO, BOO

On another note. This is the best thread on zilvia in a while.
Old 12-13-2017, 06:17 PM   #124
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
Heh heh... my SAFC helped me get my Enthalpy tune to that sweet spot and my car is a rocket now.
I would have talked to Martin and told him exactly what you adjusted. He could have sent you a better map for the ecu.
I had the same thought that I would use an SAFC to "fine tune" the Enthalpy ROM which was against Martin's advice.
So of course I started with the SAFC settings all zero'd out initially, then I started trying to fine tune it, and it would work for a day or so and then i'd have to adjust things again.
Finally one day I just uninstalled the SAFC like Martin suggested and the ROM tune ran better than it ever had before, specifically at partial throttle areas and was more reponsive. The SAFC was interfering with the ECU even with no adjustments being made.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 07:27 AM   #125
smellslikecurry
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (33)
smellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
This thread is hilarious.

I don't see whats wrong with building a period correct car. Its not like you're putting a safc in a fucking Tesla. Its a goddamn 240sx.
Old 12-14-2017, 10:38 AM   #126
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
P.S.

Suck my dick from the back.
brown nosin'. I like it.

Who else is into buttstuff?

INB4THELOCK
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 10:55 AM   #127
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
brown nosin'. I like it.

Who else is into buttstuff?

INB4THELOCK
afishysilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 12:56 PM   #128
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by afishysilvia View Post
This ish right here got me hella laughing LOL!!!
Old 12-14-2017, 01:36 PM   #129
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bataangpinoy View Post
What separates us from guys like Nakumura-san is seat time.
I bet you think you could be as fast as Senna if you had as much seat time too. There’s this thing called talent that all the seat time in the world couldn’t teach you. Shit, Tony Angelo could probably have 10,000hr more seat time than Naoki and still be sleeping on D.A. bro’s sofas, surfing coat tails to his next meal.

Anyway, yeah there are purists left, but they’re few and far between. I’m sure once these cars become collectible, there will be a resurgence.
Old 12-14-2017, 03:11 PM   #130
dmragecm
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
dmragecm is a glorious beacon of lightdmragecm is a glorious beacon of lightdmragecm is a glorious beacon of lightdmragecm is a glorious beacon of lightdmragecm is a glorious beacon of lightdmragecm is a glorious beacon of lightdmragecm is a glorious beacon of lightdmragecm is a glorious beacon of lightdmragecm is a glorious beacon of lightdmragecm is a glorious beacon of lightdmragecm is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX88 View Post
if your not running eibach sportlines and agx's still gtfo. hahaha

I have a K's badge and Buddy Club wheels. I am the the ultimate pursuit
dmragecm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 03:14 PM   #131
BayS13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
BayS13 is just really niceBayS13 is just really niceBayS13 is just really niceBayS13 is just really niceBayS13 is just really niceBayS13 is just really niceBayS13 is just really niceBayS13 is just really niceBayS13 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
I bet you think you could be as fast as Senna if you had as much seat time too. There’s this thing called talent that all the seat time in the world couldn’t teach you. Shit, Tony Angelo could probably have 10,000hr more seat time than Naoki and still be sleeping on D.A. bro’s sofas, surfing coat tails to his next meal.
I remember when Sonny beat Tony Angelo at GGF with his stock KA and Tony was in the FD. Garbage.
Old 12-14-2017, 03:30 PM   #132
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayS13 View Post
I remember when Sonny beat Tony Angelo at GGF with his stock KA and Tony was in the FD. Garbage.
Miss that coupe with the R32 tails.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 03:56 PM   #133
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Dude you guys really need to just block that Pinoy guy. His shit was way too annoying back in like 2015 or even earlier. All he does is derail threads. Peep my sig.

Every time you guys quote him and I see his posts I die a little inside.

Also, I've never seen his car before today. Looks like shit lol.
Old 12-14-2017, 11:26 PM   #134
Jo_Galezo
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Jo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Wow, just read up on this and had a very.... very good laugh. As for "purists" and the new generation of car owners. Being 20, a lot of people my age don't care to spend however long to look for a specific part or an authentic part & rather slap on whatever they can find that mimics what they want. A lot of people are in it for scene points & a lot of people aren't in it for scene points but just dont want to wait 3 years to save up however much money to build the car they want so they go the cheap route so that they can feel good about their car & not that they just bought something and had it sit there looking ugly.

Random PS : Idk man, zilvias an intresting place, this is my first year using it or even knowing how to use it and manuever properly but i really love it, i always wondered how it was years ago when it first started & information wasnt as widely available. Now no one has any excuse to find out what they want to know about the schassis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jo_Galezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 08:05 AM   #135
tuzzio
Post Whore!

tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo_Galezo View Post
i always wondered how it was years ago when it first started & information wasnt as widely available. Now no one has any excuse to find out what they want to know about the schassis.
This place has good information from like 2001 that is still applicable today, but everybody these days wants to be spoon fed answers without searching first. If you don't say dumb shit or live in florida, you'll be fine here.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 08:10 AM   #136
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
If you don't say dumb shit or live in florida, you'll be fine here.
Two of the major keys to Zilvia success.
Almighty So is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 09:10 AM   #137
Sailor
Leaky Injector

Sailor is a well-known jackass
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo_Galezo View Post
i always wondered how it was years ago when it first started & information wasnt as widely available. Now no one has any excuse to find out what they want to know about the schassis.

I also wonder how much harder it would have been, when everything was basically word of mouth. The idea of being a purist probably didn't have as much of an influence

& I second that there is no excuse, too many people post. There is so much information on this forum. All you need is a little bit of time to really work out how to dig for information on Zilvia, and time to read and comprehend articles and advice
Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 10:40 AM   #138
Jo_Galezo
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Jo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Yeah ^ & honestly within a couple of years, the 350z will replace the schassis and then within many years of that. The frs will be next. Its inevitable at this point.

Jo_Galezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 01:17 PM   #139
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

KiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to KiDyNomiTe
I've found adding too much new technology to old cars can be more detrimental than beneficial. Face it, most big companies these days are not going out and real world testing new technology on old machines. It is just being passed down because it worked great on a newer car. The older stuff is tried and tested and usually built for this old tech.

I have run into issues such as buying fancy new style tension rods with the curve in them for clearance and all that mess, only to have one break on me at top of 3rd gear mid drift. So now I run Ikeya Formula ones. They work, they look cool, and they were fairly priced. I know people who have run fancy new clutches and broken transmission after transmission only to eventually switch to older technology and be fine. I run an ORC twin plate, no issues. I used to run Enthalpy, and an old Haltech, never had rocker arm issues, switched to an infinity, broke a rocker right away.

Point is, we are talking about 20+ year old cars with 20+ year old components. Some of these JDM companies have been working on these parts for all 20+ of those years. It works pretty well. If its not broke don't fix it.

Of course, as I mentioned earlier I do have an AEM Infinity in my car, still in there even after the rocker arms, because there are some things I personally prefer to be newer, and I enjoy the logging capabilities. It took some time for me to figure out what to do about the rocker things, but there was basically no good info out there because it is so new. Also most largely because tuners in the US tend to prefer new technology. If I lived in Japan, I would probably have a PFC.

Oh and Super D rocked. Being able to drift in 3rd and 4th gear does not make you a good drifter.
Old 12-18-2017, 12:43 AM   #140
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Ok guys, you really need to keep discussing this very serious issue...
It's been a couple days now without seeing this beautiful thread on top.
Are there any JDM purists left on this magnificent forum, or not?!!
Old 12-18-2017, 11:05 AM   #141
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Safe to say, all the OGs brought out by this tread still adhere to building legit cars.
Old 12-18-2017, 11:50 AM   #142
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
I like my 240 to look original- from the outside

I was at the light making a left, and two S13's pull up in the right turning lane next to mine. I hear them making jokes about my stock looking S14 etc... "Its an SE dog!"

Light turns green and we come around the corner, of course he floors that ol' KA engine, I guess they both did. Well by the time they realized my stock exhaust was hiding something it was too late, I heard him bouncing from the rev limiter after I got a couple cars ahead. I let off and let them race past me to the next light, where they quickly made a right and disappeared...

It just wouldn't have been as fun if my car was noisy/graphics/painted/kits/etc... pure or not

I guess I care more about pureformance
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 12:49 PM   #143
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
I like my 240 to look original- from the outside

I was at the light making a left, and two S13's pull up in the right turning lane next to mine. I hear them making jokes about my stock looking S14 etc... "Its an SE dog!"

Light turns green and we come around the corner, of course he floors that ol' KA engine, I guess they both did. Well by the time they realized my stock exhaust was hiding something it was too late, I heard him bouncing from the rev limiter after I got a couple cars ahead. I let off and let them race past me to the next light, where they quickly made a right and disappeared...

It just wouldn't have been as fun if my car was noisy/graphics/painted/kits/etc... pure or not

I guess I care more about pureformance
I would venture to guess that any S chassis owner that would mock a clean, stock-appearing S-14 instead of think it was cool is probably a bone head.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 01:08 PM   #144
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
I would venture to guess that any S chassis owner that would mock a clean, stock-appearing S-14 instead of think it was cool is probably a bone head.
Just Florida things.
Old 12-18-2017, 04:21 PM   #145
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusty_s13 View Post
Just Florida things.

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 03:40 AM   #146
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
This is why we love you.
Old 12-19-2017, 09:26 AM   #147
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
I was reading page 1 and I also have to agree about the "instant gratification" theory. Seems like many just want to buy these cars completed, not build anything.

ex. I have a friend who sold an S13, this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq0AfuOltKQ

Pretty much done, done done. He built it, and moved on.

The fellow he sold it to, a nice guy, unfortunately knows nothing of cars. The guy called me over once to diagnose a mis-fire, I Knew right away what he had done and even told him over the phone before I came out. He had replaced the plugs and only gapped 3 out of 4 of them.

It's one thing to read online how to do something and try to follow a list "recipe" for fixing or maintaining a vehicle,

and it is another thing entirely to understand what you are doing to the vehicle and why, what it really needs/wants, not just what the list says to do to it.
Talk to ur cars
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 11:13 AM   #148
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Are there any purist Left on this Board? V. jdm parts etc.

Oh boy...

I'm by no means a purist but I do take care in putting together my car (in every sense of the phrase); I've had the same chassis since I turned 15 in 2008. Don't get me wrong, my car has an SR, PFC, analog defis, etc because I like late 90's early 00's styling, but it has a fake bride, fake vertex, phase 2 suspension arms just because they get the job done. It looks good (imo), goes good, stops good, turns good so I don't mind the handfull of knockoff stuff that's on it; I'll replace it when I have the money/time to do so.

As for everyone talking about final bout and super D, there's still a lot of cobbled together, half-assed polished turds rolling around those events with JDM parts on them. I think !Zar! hit the nail on the head earlier when he said it's all in the execution. I have more thoughts on "purist" events like that but I got real drunk one night and ranted in my blog and woke up to death threats on facebook so I'll keep my opinion to myself now.

Also, +1 to whoever said Japanese stuff doesn't necessarily mean quality anymore. My VIS aero fits perfect and my DMAX fenders fit like trash and make my car look like a pre-runner from the front left.
Old 12-19-2017, 11:42 AM   #149
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacotaco345 View Post

Also, +1 to whoever said Japanese stuff doesn't necessarily mean quality anymore. My VIS aero fits perfect and my DMAX fenders fit like trash and make my car look like a pre-runner from the front left.
Some of that DMAX stuff is HOT GARBAGE.
Shit, I have some bomex stuff that fit like shit and has required WAYYYY too much work. Luck of the draw i guess.
Old 12-19-2017, 01:03 PM   #150
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
My DMAX hood fit better than my Koguchi Power hood. Go figure, lol.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote