Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-19-2011, 01:40 PM   #7741
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
Suggested for what dude?

Come on, this isnt the "read my mind and tell me what my car should look like thread".
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2011, 04:14 PM   #7742
GL Chrillz
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
GL Chrillz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
my drivers side control arm bolt that goes thru the metal sleeve on the bushing is seized to the sleeve to where it moves the whole control arm if i try to take the bolt out. i cant hit it out with a hammer because the steering rack is there. how should i get it out?
GL Chrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 04:19 PM   #7743
Jonathong
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
Jonathong is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
So, im awaiting my clear headlight covers for my zenki s14, which seal is the best to use to seal it back up?
Jonathong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:43 PM   #7744
niscur29
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
niscur29 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsource View Post
Suggested size spacers for Work VS-XX +35mm, 17x8Fr, 17x9Rr
on a S13 Hatback?

Thank you
Depends what you are going for...I went for some beef for tires so Im running 17x8 +25 235/40/17 and 17x9 + 25 255/40/17 with no spacers and it sits flush with the outside of the body with rolled fenders all around. Im not slammed either. But search the two wheel threads man theres plenty of info in there.
niscur29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:51 PM   #7745
Wake
Premium Member

Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
How did that help at all?

he meant to say if you use the same specs and a 10 mil spacer, your car will look like his. Which he didnt post any pics of so you still dont know what it looks like.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 09-19-2011, 06:52 PM   #7746
new dood s13
Leaky Injector

new dood s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok so i have a random stupid question.. Im new to the nissan scene ive always been a mustang guy but got tired of being beat by tuner cars so i sold the mustang bought a rb25 drop out from a local jdm dealer and bought a s13 hatch. A nyways im building this for drag racing In the bottom end of the rb im going to run the stock crank with the larger snout and i have crowler rods my question is what pistons should i go with and what bore should i go with?
new dood s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:11 PM   #7747
Origin
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Origin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto347 View Post
I would imagine in/lb and not ft/lb, you need a torque wrench to measure inch or foot pounds.
Maybe you're right, I can;t find it in the FSM anymore. But the point being at 45 lbs. it would have snapped in a vice or whatever. Since 45 in/lb equals somewhere around 4 ft/lbs that shouldn't be a problem but still feels too little.
Origin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:18 PM   #7748
Prime
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
Prime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origin View Post
Maybe you're right, I can;t find it in the FSM anymore. But the point being at 45 lbs. it would have snapped in a vice or whatever. Since 45 in/lb equals somewhere around 4 ft/lbs that shouldn't be a problem but still feels too little.
I'm doing the same thing at the moment. It's 29-43 ft/lbs. As for the shims, I have no idea. FSM doesn't call for them, but I'm going to measure what's going in versus whats coming out, and if there is gap I'm shimming.
Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:26 PM   #7749
SLiDe_WaYz
Zilvia FREAK!

SLiDe_WaYz is an unknown quantity at this point
I switched from the Greddy manifold which has tons of nipples for vacuum sources to the stock one since I'm not going to be making 350+ hp.

So:
Wastegate - Weld on nipple on hot pipe.
BOV - bottom of throttle body
FPR - top nipple to the right on the TB.
Boost Gauge - ??? to Last vacuum source on manifold which would be right above the TB on the left.
Is this correct ? The GReddy manifold makes it so much damn simpler.
I was told earlier today that I should T off a fitting on the manifold above the TB for the boost gauge and wastegate, but personally im not into T'ing anything off.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:50 PM   #7750
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
kouki 180sx Type X front bumper Cover side extensions/Chuki bumper side extensions same shit?

Last edited by WERDdabuilder; 09-20-2011 at 01:52 AM..
WERDdabuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 12:00 AM   #7751
harrypotter
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (19)
harrypotter is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Upgrading to GT2871R on redtop in s13. I looked at the inlet/outlet adapters for the hotpipe. I think they look ugly as fudge! Anyone have a good solution for hotpipe? Maybe I can use a s14 hotpipe, but hoping a company sells a fmic for that configuration.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:05 AM   #7752
lg54
Zilvia Member

lg54 is an unknown quantity at this point
WHAT MOTOR PARTS ARE NEEDED FOR A MOTOR REFRESH?? ex: head gasket, water pump etc???
lg54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:05 AM   #7753
Wake
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WERDdabuilder View Post
kouki 180sx Type X front bumper Cover side extensions/Chuki bumper side extensions same shit?
No

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrypotter View Post
Upgrading to GT2871R on redtop in s13. I looked at the inlet/outlet adapters for the hotpipe. I think they look ugly as fudge! Anyone have a good solution for hotpipe? Maybe I can use a s14 hotpipe, but hoping a company sells a fmic for that configuration.
What exactly is your question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lg54 View Post
WHAT MOTOR PARTS ARE NEEDED FOR A MOTOR REFRESH?? ex: head gasket, water pump etc???
Full gasket kit is only $100 something bucks, do it.
and add water pump, timing chain, and get all your valves properly adjusted or replaced to stock spec.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 09-20-2011, 03:23 AM   #7754
lightsource
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (41)
lightsource is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to lightsource
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
Suggested for what dude?

Come on, this isnt the "read my mind and tell me what my car should look like thread".
Isn't it? I want a flush look, rolling fenders, no pull (1-5mm max), just want a subtle tuck and don't want the wheels sticking out or in too far. Thinking of running 225/45/17 FR 235/45/17 RR

Wont be slamming the vehicle, just want it to look nice. Is that specific enough?
lightsource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 04:50 AM   #7755
GL Chrillz
Zilvia Junkie

how to get a control arm bolt out thats seized to the bushing sleeve?
Old 09-20-2011, 06:48 AM   #7756
Origin
Zilvia Member

Origin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
I'm doing the same thing at the moment. It's 29-43 ft/lbs. As for the shims, I have no idea. FSM doesn't call for them, but I'm going to measure what's going in versus whats coming out, and if there is gap I'm shimming.
How are you going to measure if it needs a shim or not?

And how on Earth are you going to tighten that down?
Origin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:10 AM   #7757
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLiDe_WaYz View Post
I switched from the Greddy manifold which has tons of nipples for vacuum sources to the stock one since I'm not going to be making 350+ hp.

So:
Boost Gauge - ??? to Last vacuum source on manifold which would be right above the TB on the left.
I was told earlier today that I should T off a fitting on the manifold above the TB for the boost gauge and wastegate, but personally im not into T'ing anything off.
This stuff is old news dude. Unless you're going to be putting more nipples on the hotpipe or running some kind of vacuum block, you're going to have to T.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GL Chrillz View Post
how to get a control arm bolt out thats seized to the bushing sleeve?
Have you taken the wierd washers out yet? If you have, you can try any of the penetraters (pb plaster, liquid wrench, aero kroil to name a few) on the bolt/sleeve. When I was doing my rear upper control arms, I eventually had to saw mine off because the penetraters didn't work for me. I didn't need the eccentric bolts anymore and went with lockout bolts from SPL. Otherwise you may need to buy new eccentric bolts from nissan if you have to cut them off.
VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:10 AM   #7758
GL Chrillz
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNG704 View Post

Have you taken the wierd washers out yet? If you have, you can try any of the penetraters (pb plaster, liquid wrench, aero kroil to name a few) on the bolt/sleeve. When I was doing my rear upper control arms, I eventually had to saw mine off because the penetraters didn't work for me. I didn't need the eccentric bolts anymore and went with lockout bolts from SPL. Otherwise you may need to buy new eccentric bolts from nissan if you have to cut them off.
I've used pb blaster multiple times, it doesn't seem to penetrate into the sleeve. I was actually looking at the lockout kit. Does it come with bolts for front and rear arms? Because I'm doing the rear arm bushings and subframe risers next. Also, when I take the rear arm off, can I re use the ball joint as long as i don't damage it? The previous owner replaced them so they're fairly new.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:18 AM   #7759
EsChassisLove
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
EsChassisLove is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLiDe_WaYz View Post

So:
Get a vaccuum box. They are dope
Old 09-20-2011, 09:51 AM   #7760
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I've used pb blaster multiple times, it doesn't seem to penetrate into the sleeve. I was actually looking at the lockout kit. Does it come with bolts for front and rear arms? Because I'm doing the rear arm bushings and subframe risers next. Also, when I take the rear arm off, can I re use the ball joint as long as i don't damage it? The previous owner replaced them so they're fairly new.
You should try to look at their parts from their site. I only ordered the rear set for the toe and camber arms. As far as reusing ball joints, if it's not damaged and it's recently been replaced, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to reuse it.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:28 AM   #7761
GL Chrillz
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNG704 View Post
You should try to look at their parts from their site. I only ordered the rear set for the toe and camber arms. As far as reusing ball joints, if it's not damaged and it's recently been replaced, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to reuse it.
I'm on their site right now, they only have one eccentric lockout kit. It has 4 bolts, so I'm assuming that's for front and rear? or does the rear have 4 bolts? If that'll work for the front and rear arms I'll order it right now.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:32 AM   #7762
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
I'm on their site right now, they only have one eccentric lockout kit. It has 4 bolts, so I'm assuming that's for front and rear? or does the rear have 4 bolts? If that'll work for the front and rear arms I'll order it right now.
Looking at it now.... rear only.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:43 AM   #7763
GL Chrillz
Zilvia Junkie

So is there one for the front or should I just head to nissan for that? And with subframe risers, you need to readjust the coil overs right? I'm looking on ksports website, the tool I need is a spanner wrench, correct?
Old 09-20-2011, 10:46 AM   #7764
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
So is there one for the front or should I just head to nissan for that? And with subframe risers, you need to readjust the coil overs right? I'm looking on ksports website, the tool I need is a spanner wrench, correct?
front, not that I know of...Nissan, go for it. I don't have subframe risers, but considering the suspension is on the subframe I would assume so. Maybe someone can chime in. And yes, spanner wrenches are used to adjust coilover height.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:35 AM   #7765
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
From what I remember, the FLCA doesn't have any eccentric bolts. You are talking about the bolt that attaches the FLCA to the front subframe, right? Find something that you can use as a punch on the end of the bolt and hammer it out.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:27 PM   #7766
GL Chrillz
Zilvia Junkie

i cut it out with a sawsall, so that part is taken care of. and now that i know there's no eccentric bolts for the front i'll swing by nissan on my way home from class tomorrow. i'll still probably grab the eccentric bolts for the back since they'll be out i might as well put those in. to know how to adjust my coils do i just use a tape measure or what? lolol
Old 09-20-2011, 01:29 PM   #7767
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
No
Old 09-20-2011, 02:11 PM   #7768
Prime
Zilvia Junkie

Prime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origin View Post
How are you going to measure if it needs a shim or not?

And how on Earth are you going to tighten that down?
Calipers, vise, torque wrench. Haven't gotten around to it yet, but I'll probably finish it up sometime tonight. I've got two of everything, so if I break something I'm not terribly concerned. I just try again.
Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:32 PM   #7769
sr20sean
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (25)
sr20sean is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sr20sean
what are those pieces right at the top called that mount it to a bracket and where can i get them? completely slipping my mind right now. i just need to find some so i can weld them to my intercooler and mount it.

Cliff notes: Florida
sr20sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:40 PM   #7770
Wake
Premium Member

here you go^^
weldtab.com
S.P.P.S. Member #00