Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-23-2013, 01:01 PM   #61
TEALSQUEAL
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
TEALSQUEAL is making a name for him/her selfTEALSQUEAL is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
If you use the mazworx manual cam chain tensioner is any modification needed aside from the s14 head gasket and other s14 items? I ask this since the stock tensioner works off of oil pressure and the mazworx one doesn't seem to need anything of that sort. I have a full standalone setup so the electronics aren't an issue. I'm trying to just make sure the mechanicals will line up and work. My s14 block needs a line bore on the crank and I have a spare good s13 block sitting around.
TEALSQUEAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2014, 07:54 AM   #62
fullthrottle
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
fullthrottle is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEALSQUEAL View Post
If you use the mazworx manual cam chain tensioner is any modification needed aside from the s14 head gasket and other s14 items? I ask this since the stock tensioner works off of oil pressure and the mazworx one doesn't seem to need anything of that sort. I have a full standalone setup so the electronics aren't an issue. I'm trying to just make sure the mechanicals will line up and work. My s14 block needs a line bore on the crank and I have a spare good s13 block sitting around.
Would like to know this as well.
fullthrottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 08:38 AM   #63
garagelu
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (60)
garagelu is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 60 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEALSQUEAL View Post
The hole is drilled only for oil pressure. I am not familiar with Mazworx's design or that particular product but if it does not require oil pressure then it only makes sense to me that you wouldn't even have to worry about it.
garagelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 05:57 PM   #64
Mr. white
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Mr. white is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Mr. white
You mentioned something about jb welding a hole and then having the guy plug it later. I'm confused on why you had to do this, could you explain?
Mr. white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 11:40 PM   #65
Shift n Drift
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
Shift n Drift has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
He had to do that so the oil wouldn't leak all over the engine BC the port hangs over the s13 block.
Shift n Drift is offline   Reply With Quote