Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-10-2008, 12:42 AM   #91
deadghost
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (21)
deadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
This guy is the best, thank you so much.

IG Holy_khal
deadghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2008, 12:49 AM   #92
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Attention: Since my "sizeable" contribution earlier, Luke is no longer accepting sperm donations. Just US Dollars, he says.

On a no-homo note, sounds like a good idea - your time is definitely valuable, and I'm sure it's worth it to the people you help.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 02:16 PM   #93
SR2Zero
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
SR2Zero is just really niceSR2Zero is just really niceSR2Zero is just really niceSR2Zero is just really niceSR2Zero is just really niceSR2Zero is just really niceSR2Zero is just really niceSR2Zero is just really niceSR2Zero is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by blu808 View Post
So. fuel was gushing out from where it meets the intake manifold? that is not good. For 1 fuel should not be getting past the lower o rings at all. that is low pressure, etc. Usually when an o ring goes bad it will be from where the injector meets the rail.

Paypal= [email protected]
I retract my previous statement. It's leaking out of the rail, right where you can see the visible part of the injector top. It's not really gushing, not dribbling either though. O-rings? It's happening on 3/4 the injectors.
SR2Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 04:30 PM   #94
blu808
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blu808
Sounds like the injector to rail o rings. They should always be replaced whenever an injector is removed.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:34 AM   #95
tre4s13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
tre4s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tre4s13 Send a message via Yahoo to tre4s13
Well, I hope you can help me with this:

http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/223548...-shorting.html
tre4s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 06:20 PM   #96
blackcoupe
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
blackcoupe is a jewel in the roughblackcoupe is a jewel in the roughblackcoupe is a jewel in the roughblackcoupe is a jewel in the roughblackcoupe is a jewel in the roughblackcoupe is a jewel in the roughblackcoupe is a jewel in the roughblackcoupe is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcoupe View Post
Here's one. I have a s14 SR motor in an s13. It has random issues starting. Doesn't crank just clicks and all electricals work fine (lights, radio, interior lights). To get it started I have to just flip the ignition on and off until it catches and starts. Basically the car starts first try when it wants to.

Battery tested - Good
Starter tested at Kragen - Good
Ignition Switch - Looks fine, I was able to replicate the issue using a screw driver, so it's not getting worn down or anything like that.

You told me to check the cold start wire....well heres the thing...the car was running fine for like a month before this issue started. Could the starter still be bad even if it checks out okay at kragen.
blackcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 06:31 PM   #97
slw240sx
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (4)
slw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slw240sx
yes starters can check out good even if they are bad. alot of times there is a internal short around the motor windings. i have had a few bad ones on KA's there is a wire in the end cap i think it is that the insulation on it can rub through and cause a short and keep it from cranking over. It has been years and years since this last happened to me so i forget exactly where the wire was rubbing, but i fixed it myself and never had the problem again.
I have also had more then one brand new starter from parts stores go into cars start once or twice and then not start again, then take it for testing and it works.
Old 12-14-2008, 01:22 AM   #98
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by slw240sx View Post
yes starters can check out good even if they are bad. alot of times there is a internal short around the motor windings. i have had a few bad ones on KA's there is a wire in the end cap i think it is that the insulation on it can rub through and cause a short and keep it from cranking over. It has been years and years since this last happened to me so i forget exactly where the wire was rubbing, but i fixed it myself and never had the problem again.
I have also had more then one brand new starter from parts stores go into cars start once or twice and then not start again, then take it for testing and it works.
That's true, but not most of the time - check the connections and condition of the huge black/red wire coming off your starter going to the battery + terminal. If it's good, get the starter rebuilt.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 07:27 PM   #99
blackcoupe
Zilvia Member

blackcoupe is a jewel in the roughblackcoupe is a jewel in the roughblackcoupe is a jewel in the roughblackcoupe is a jewel in the roughblackcoupe is a jewel in the roughblackcoupe is a jewel in the roughblackcoupe is a jewel in the roughblackcoupe is a jewel in the rough
sounds good guys. thanks
blackcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 01:40 PM   #100
mrgrape
BANNED

mrgrape is an unknown quantity at this point
woot woot, once i buy my s14 and have problems
you will be my go to guy!
mrgrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 08:27 AM   #101
silbeer

silbeer is an unknown quantity at this point
Luke,

Got a problem for you. The engine seems to stall on me randomly. When I'm driving the engine just cuts out. This happens randomly like waiting at a light and driving on the freeway. I've noticed it happen at different RPMs, all gears, any temperature. It's weird because since it's random I can't find the condition that makes this happen. After it happens I pull over and try to restart the car. The engine won't always start up right away but it will always crank. As soon as it starts I can drive away no problem. I've checked for loose cables (etc) but no luck. If you know a quick fix for this I would be most grateful.

Also, I'd rather pay for your time so if I could make an appointment at Manji for diagnostic/repairs please PM me so i can get in touch with you. I'm pretty much free the next 2 weeks.

Thanks
silbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 11:57 PM   #102
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
SOS
I have a no start issue. My engine seems to randomly decide when it will crank. I know I am getting power and have no blown fuses. It can be push started as well. What do you think?
Old 12-27-2008, 12:23 AM   #103
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
SOS
I have a no start issue. My engine seems to randomly decide when it will crank. I know I am getting power and have no blown fuses. It can be push started as well. What do you think?
sounds like a bad starter
blueshark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 12:42 AM   #104
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
That's what I was thinking but it was a very sudden problem. It never has been a week starter, always starts on like the first or second turn over.
Old 12-27-2008, 12:50 AM   #105
blu808
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blu808
pm me peoples.