Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 05-08-2019, 10:58 PM   #11911
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
I'd take a slower, heavier I6 than a v6 that sounds like Chewbacca gargling
Its all up to the exhaust setup om VQ’s and VR’s sound wise. Put long tube equal length headers on a VQ35 and you can make it sound like the old school v10 F1 engines. Seen it. Just most people don’t have enough balls to run it as its not quite. Lol
Your just use to hearing stock exhausts.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2019, 10:12 AM   #11912
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Here’s how you know the part where Toyota couldn’t develop its own online six is BS. MAZDA basically just announced they’re developing their own inline six.

https://jalopnik.com/mazda-challenge...h-d-1834636620

Man a new Mazda 9 with a inline looking like Vision Coupe would be fucking glorious.
Old 05-09-2019, 01:19 PM   #11913
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
i dont doubt that they can make their i6, but what is certain is that it saves them money. i guess you can call them cheapskates. idk if the supra is considered toyotas halo car. its embarasing that their halo car is essentially a bmw parts bin product.

im okay-ish with a lot of the compromises of the supra. what I absolultely will never get is a newer german car.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 02:00 PM   #11914
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
kanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
i dont doubt that they can make their i6, but what is certain is that it saves them money. i guess you can call them cheapskates. idk if the supra is considered toyotas halo car. its embarasing that their halo car is essentially a bmw parts bin product.

im okay-ish with a lot of the compromises of the supra. what I absolultely will never get is a newer german car.
Same.. I recently had a turbo VW and I just would never go back. After two years I couldn't figure out how to use the AUX music function. That is total shit. There is no reason it should be that hard for a car.

Additionally, no specs on fuses were available. VW positively refuses to tell custs. I had to go to the dealer and beg them to print out a sheet of them. They even said they aren't supposed to do that. I was switching in LED DRLs and the car was trippin'. Just ew.

I liked the seats doe >____>
kanyedian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 08:29 PM   #11915
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
A family member leases an audi tt-s. Its actually not terrible at all to drive. For me, I wouldn't want to own it out of warranty, mod, or track it. Hence why newer german cars aren't so much my thing. The audi virtual cockpit user interface takes some patience to figure out but it's fairly intuitive with apple carplay and aux.

The worst setup ive ever had was in my '14 mitsubishi evo. It was somehow worse than the 08 evo I traded it in for. It has no aux, and the ipod integration somehow manages only to work like half the time. I think the best is just older cars with a simple to use aux input. There really is no need for anything more when one can use their smartphone for navigation.
Old 05-11-2019, 08:15 AM   #11916
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
I rented a 2016 6 Series Vert with an M package a couple years ago. The infotainment system was laughable. After 4 days with it and multiple attempts I couldn’t figure out how to actually get an address in the Nav and have it start navigating. Every car I’ve owned for the last decade has had nav and while the early ones weren’t super initiative you could at least figure them out.

My Volvo is by far the easiest to use and best designed.
Old 05-11-2019, 02:07 PM   #11917
dbeiler
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I don't care for a single one of the infotainment systems in new vehicles. It's been years since I've bothered to use a vehicle navigation system. Google Maps on my smartphone is the only nav system that ever gets used in my vehicles.

Aftermarket double-din with Bluetooth is the current infotainment for me. I leave the Pandora app running in background on my phone. Immediately after my car is turned on, the double-din will power up, connect to my phone, unpause (dispause?) my last song, and display the current song information and Pandora app controls.

The dream infotainment setup (with currently available technology) would be a large screen with a wireless charge deck in the console. Get in the car, plunk your phone down on the console. The vehicle touchscreen operating system and displayed image would be an exact replica of the smartphone placed on the charge deck.

Installing aftermarket double-dins will only become more difficult now that all new vehicles must be outfitted with reverse cameras. See what happens when you allow the government to meddle with every aspect of your life?
dbeiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 02:48 PM   #11918
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeiler View Post

The dream infotainment setup (with currently available technology) would be a large screen with a wireless charge deck in the console. Get in the car, plunk your phone down on the console. The vehicle touchscreen operating system and displayed image would be an exact replica of the smartphone placed on the charge deck.
That’s how the new Google Auto in the Polestar and Volvo cars are going to be. Audi and bunch of others are going over to that mode too.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/8/18...n-demo-io-2019

I’d said for years (a solid 10 at least) that manufacturers need to just STOP trying to do this shit and let Google and Apple handle the entire infotainment situation. Volvo mist have heard me.
Old 05-11-2019, 05:20 PM   #11919
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Pioneer for the win. FCA Uconnect is okay.

I hate Toyota and GMs.

I have this unit in thr Cobra and Tacoma. Love it. My only gripe is the lack of volume knob. A major gripe across all aftermarket units.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 06:59 PM   #11920
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post

I have this unit in thr Cobra and Tacoma. Love it. My only gripe is the lack of volume knob. A major gripe across all aftermarket units.
Mazda is the only one who gets it.
Old 05-12-2019, 01:10 PM   #11921
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

kanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nice
I agree about FCA. Most of their cars get 8.4" screens as well and it's very easy to understand.

I am absolutely sickened by Ford though. Unless you get the upgraded infotainment they still give you THIS screen in 2019 WTFFF!!!

They should be SO ASHAMED
Old 05-12-2019, 05:15 PM   #11922
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanyedian View Post
I agree about FCA. Most of their cars get 8.4" screens as well and it's very easy to understand.

I am absolutely sickened by Ford though. Unless you get the upgraded infotainment they still give you THIS screen in 2019 WTFFF!!!

Also, the Supra reviews are out. Most notes are what we expected. On the note of value though it does seem like a relative bargain. I’m actually more saddened that I can easily afford a car like this (I was graduating HS when the MK4 ended production) and would willingly buy a launch addition had they just offered a stick. Fuck.

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/05/12/...g-impressions/
Old 05-12-2019, 05:24 PM   #11923
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post

Also, the Supra reviews are out. Most notes are what we expected. On the note of value though it does seem like a relative bargain. I’m actually more saddened that I can easily afford a car like this (I was graduating HS when the MK4 ended production) and would willingly buy a launch addition had they just offered a stick. Fuck.

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/05/12/...g-impressions/
Hmm I went through all the pictures of the red juan. I'm not totally sure I like the front 3/4 view. I like the rear a lot more. I'll just have to wait until I see some in person.
Old 05-12-2019, 06:49 PM   #11924
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanyedian View Post

Hmm my FiST touch screen is better than that lol. 2018 . I opted out of factory nav though. Apple car play/Android auto works great syncs right up with the phone minute I turn the car on. Plug in the usb and google maps pops right up on the touch screen.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 05-13-2019, 12:36 AM   #11925
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

that new mustang interior looks alright to me. It's actually refreshing that it isn't clustered with a million unnecessary buttons and bloated with tech most would never use.

if the flip-phone screen is offensive, it looks like it'd be really easy to swap in something aftermarket. if it were me, i'd just get a phone holder for navigation and call it a day.
Old 05-13-2019, 12:42 AM   #11926
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

I dont mind the camaro infotainment either. its mostly just a single touch screen with a few buttons outside of it. kinda cool also there is a feature to monitor tire temperature.
Old 05-13-2019, 12:46 AM   #11927
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
that new mustang interior looks alright to me. It's actually refreshing that it isn't clustered with a million unnecessary buttons and bloated with tech most would never use.
Less is more guys. KISS
Old 05-13-2019, 05:22 AM   #11928
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Man those interiors look awful. Not sure I could live with that after how clean Volvo and Mazda’s interiors are.The designs are so busy yet so dated. And they have dozens more buttons in the center than my Volvo. Clean and concise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-13-2019, 09:16 AM   #11929
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
Less is more guys. KISS
Less what, Effort? Mustang's interior looks like dollar store parts bin. Camaro = Fisher Price design. Like Exitspeed said, see Volvo/ Mazda for inspiration.
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 09:35 AM   #11930
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Mazda 3 Interior:

Mazda's design language inside and out is just perfect atm.
Old 05-13-2019, 12:09 PM   #11931
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

I'm okay with a so-so interior as long as the infotainment is easier to use.

I don't mind a good interior either, but I'd much prefer pick a car I'd enjoy driving more than something I'd enjoy staring at. I think the Miata strikes a good balance, but anything else from the company I'm not too crazy about. Give me a fiesta st over a mazda 3 any day.
Old 05-13-2019, 12:26 PM   #11932
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by [240sx] View Post
Less what, Effort? Mustang's interior looks like dollar store parts bin. Camaro = Fisher Price design. Like Exitspeed said, see Volvo/ Mazda for inspiration.
man, im a 240 lover in a 240 forum. If they came out with a similar dash setup as the s13 today I would fucking love it... I dont even care about navigation or entertainment, i never even use navigation.
Im a 240 guy, I like econoboxes.
Old 05-13-2019, 01:11 PM   #11933
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I don't mind a good interior either, but I'd much prefer pick a car I'd enjoy driving more than something I'd enjoy staring at.
I agree, but if the vehicle's your daily driver for a lengthy commute...then staring at a eye sore interior space gets old. Specifically, for something 25k+ you're financing. Better interior design, and material is all I'm getting at.
Quote:
Give me a fiesta st with a mazda 3 cockpit any day.
FTFY

Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
man, im a 240 lover in a 240 forum. If they came out with a similar dash setup as the s13 today I would fucking love it.
I forgive my car's interiors, but that more of an 'classic'/ enthusiast car excuse. I'm no luxury car buff, I actually liked the BRZ's interior.:shrug:
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 01:29 PM   #11934
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

I think a car should have a touch screen infotainment system and analog climate controls. I hate having to fish through menus to change the temperature or fan speed, a la Acura and many others. And let us have a damn volume knob, Honda! At least they corrected that more recently.
Old 05-13-2019, 01:52 PM   #11935
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [240sx] View Post
I agree, but if the vehicle's your daily driver for a lengthy commute...then staring at a eye sore interior space gets old. Specifically, for something 25k+ you're financing. Better interior design, and material is all I'm getting at.
FTFY

I forgive my car's interiors, but that more of an 'classic'/ enthusiast car excuse. I'm no luxury car buff, I actually liked the BRZ's interior.:shrug:
it just depends on what you want in a car. i daily a ‘08 civic sedan with an interior most dashstrokers on here would scoff it. I really like the car as a daily because it does it does most things well enough.

I spent about a week driving an audi tt-s on a roadtrip to AZ. the interior design I totally loved, but after a while I just take it for granted and dont even notice it. my life wasnt ruined when I went back to driving my civic and evo. I do miss a good stereo though and carplay is nice to have. essential? not at all.
Old 05-13-2019, 05:17 PM   #11936
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Mazda 3 Interior:

Mazda's design language inside and out is just perfect atm.
Hmm looks awfully like the European Fiesta st mk8 dash
https://www.google.com/search?q=2019...rJNzNF1YSNaKM:

Or the 2019 Focus dashboard
https://www.google.com/search?q=ford...Y-XZ8vzSyZTPM:

One forgots, since Ford US decided to axe cars we got stock with the last iteration of dashs on some cars. The 2018 Fusion actually has a modern dash that also looks a like the new Mazda.

Quote:
I'm okay with a so-so interior as long as the infotainment is easier to use.

I don't mind a good interior either, but I'd much prefer pick a car I'd enjoy driving more than something I'd enjoy staring at. I think the Miata strikes a good balance, but anything else from the company I'm not too crazy about. Give me a fiesta st over a mazda 3 any day.
Ya new Mazda 3”s have funny looking rear quarters. Mazda kinda messed up the design language on them IMO.
Plus a FiST will just dominate the car in performance. Mazda really has not had an answer to the FiST or the FoST since the MSP3. Though the discontinued that in 2013.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 05-13-2019, 05:21 PM   #11937
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Hmm looks awfully like the European Fiesta st mk8 dash
https://www.google.com/search?q=2019...rJNzNF1YSNaKM:

That disaster? Lol. No, it looks nothing like that. Lincoln isn't even in the same ballpark as Mazda right now (interior wise).

One major thing to note, that is entirely intentional, is the placement of the screen in the Mazda. See how high and out of the way it is? While it IS a touch screen it's meant to be almost entirely controlled by the center knob, which is way more concise than trying to touch a screen. They did extensive testing and found it to be far superior. Plus it puts the info closer to your eye level instead of having to look down and away.
Old 05-13-2019, 05:28 PM   #11938
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

^That may be because the European market is more fussy about interiors. May be related to the fact that Corvettes and other 'Murican cars have had cheap, plasticky interiors for a long time. Getting better now doe.

But I'm not huge on interior anyway. I just like soft touch points and an intuitive touch screen infotainment. I prefer manual seats too. Electric are slow and heavy
Old 05-13-2019, 05:34 PM   #11939
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:

That disaster? Lol. No, it looks nothing like that. Lincoln isn't even in the same ballpark as Mazda right now (interior wise).

One major thing to note, that is entirely intentional, is the placement of the screen in the Mazda. See how high and out of the way it is? While it IS a touch screen it's meant to be almost entirely controlled by the center knob, which is way more concise than trying to touch a screen. They did extensive testing and found it to be far superior. Plus it puts the info closer to your eye level instead of having to look down and away.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. While the Mazda is nice I do not like how high up its touch screen is. It also is seating position height dependent as well . You sit lower in the MK8 FiST than you do in a Mazda 3 . Ford lowered the seating position, perhaps you judge before knowing all the details?
That whole knob thing is annoying as well in my opinion. I drove a 3 for a few months. The Knob was weird.
Oh and I hate the looks of your Volvo dash lol.
Its all a matter of opinion and ours differ.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 05-14-2019, 06:33 AM   #11940
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Certainly design is subjective, but there are designs that are universally praised. Cars like the E Type, 250 GTO and pretty much any Aston Martin are all universally praised as beautiful designs. People that disagree are in the minority. Scandinavian Design and other minimalist architecture throughout history like Japanese homes are looked as universally beautiful designs. Many of the the most beautifully designed things throughout history tend to be clean and minimal. Less is more.

I think when you look at Mazda and Volvo right now they are making cars, inside and out, in that vein. When you compare like the new Mazda 3 to say a Civic this design philosophy really becomes apparent. They’re total opposites.

The design choices between the 3 series interior and the fiesta are the differences between a clean and elegant and just another interior.

Again, there’s always varying opinions, but there are design elements that are universally praised.