Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 08-30-2019, 10:52 AM   #1681
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
someone mentioned cabin noise above... funny thing is, since i replaced my hood bumpers, hatch bumpers, hatch weather stripping and sunroof trim, the cabin is SILENT!!! no rattles, no creeks, no clunks... NOTHING!!! i can drive on the fwy cruising at about 75mph in my S13 with my SR20, Yellowspeed coilovers, heim jointed control arms, HKS Sports Exhaust (ZERO drone btw) and have a 100% normal voice level conversation now! its like having a brand new fucking car!!!!!!!!!!!! my S13 is ironically quieter than my daily driven Protege5 lol

hell, ive driven brand new cars at work that have come in the shop and they had more road noise than my S13 does now.

point being is its amazing what happens with old cars when you go thru and start replacing all the worn out rubber. i have 2 pieces left to replace (the inner door/window trims and outer window trims), but im beyond amazed that my S13 now makes ZERO cabin noise. i never thought my S13 would be as quiet as it is and i am beyond happy

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2019, 06:31 PM   #1682
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I'm a stickler for reducing wind noise but most vintage cars have quite a bit of it. We take steps to keep it as quiet as possible but there are just so many noisy bits. Wasn't aware so much of the weatherstripping is still available for the 240SX- that's a good sign. I need an in at a dealership so I can check inventory.

I think my hatch is going to get painted a vintage Porsche color and use Porsche upholstery to reflect my professional background. It would be unique.
KA24DESOneThree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 09:32 PM   #1683
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
ebay... yahoo auctions japan... z1 motorsports.

you dont need a stealership

Old 09-04-2019, 09:32 PM   #1684
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

ebay... yahoo auctions japan... z1 motorsports.

you dont need a stealership

Old 09-05-2019, 10:57 AM   #1685
Farzam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sooo...trying to post a thread and getting a 403 forbidden error, but I can post just fine, and i'mn not browned/pinked. Not really sure who to ask about this, so I'm posting in here. Flame suit on.

Hope you all have been well. I would bring some stuff discussed the past few weeks back from the dead but I'll let it ride. Nobody cares anyways lol
Old 09-05-2019, 12:25 PM   #1686
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
I need the dealership to tell me what kind of inventory Nissan has. If Nissan's low, and I wait, restocking may take years (if they're even going to reorder)- I'll buy now. If Nissan's got good inventory, I'll wait until after we roll out our new product line. To buy all the seals for a hatch and a coupe is fairly spendy.

There's nothing like new seals, although Z1 doesn't have certain seals that nissanparts does.
Old 09-05-2019, 04:26 PM   #1687
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farzam View Post
Sooo...trying to post a thread and getting a 403 forbidden error, but I can post just fine, and i'mn not browned/pinked. Not really sure who to ask about this, so I'm posting in here. Flame suit on.

Hope you all have been well. I would bring some stuff discussed the past few weeks back from the dead but I'll let it ride. Nobody cares anyways lol
its not just you... ive gotten a few messages from random members expressing the same problem. i have no idea what it is either.

Old 09-08-2019, 03:16 PM   #1688
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
its not just you... ive gotten a few messages from random members expressing the same problem. i have no idea what it is either.
damn, this shit is still going on
Old 09-09-2019, 02:09 PM   #1689
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Is there a thread for cars with higher ride heights but an eye for good fitment and proper aesthetic? I'd like to build a suspension specifically for the roads I like in SoCal, which do not reward low ride height and give zero shits how rare your lip is before grinding it to dust.

I have no idea what I'm going to build, but I kinda want to build something I can use, including trips across the desert (NV/AZ/NM) and up to northern California.
Old 09-09-2019, 02:39 PM   #1690
Standard
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Standard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
On the topic of forum issues...

I'm unable to leave feedback for users after a purchase in the marketplace. I copy and paste the for sale thread as required and get an error saying "deal thread URL invalid"

Hope this is fixed soon!!
Standard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 03:56 PM   #1691
deolio
Post Whore!

deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
Is there a thread for cars with higher ride heights but an eye for good fitment and proper aesthetic? I'd like to build a suspension specifically for the roads I like in SoCal, which do not reward low ride height and give zero shits how rare your lip is before grinding it to dust.

I have no idea what I'm going to build, but I kinda want to build something I can use, including trips across the desert (NV/AZ/NM) and up to northern California.
like this one that is stickied????? https://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=166563

Quote:
Originally Posted by Standard View Post

I'm unable to leave feedback for users after a purchase in the marketplace. I copy and paste the for sale thread as required and get an error saying "deal thread URL invalid"

that shit's been broken for years. don't hold your breath
Old 09-09-2019, 05:23 PM   #1692
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
like this one that is stickied????? https://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=166563
No, that's maximum rubber. I'm looking more for "Adequate TIRE (Rubber) fitment thread for people whose roads are sandy and dirty with root bumps, potholes and general disrepair because like nine people live out there and the county doesn't give a shit."

It's really not that important. I'll just run either my mismatched CE/TE combo or I'll buy another pair of TEs and run them. Then I'll pick a ride height I like, have my shock guy build dampers the right length and run bump stops that are adequate. Just need to get the fitment proper.

I helped get the ball rolling on that stickied thread and have multiple posts on the first page.
Old 09-09-2019, 05:33 PM   #1693
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I like the idea of having a thread for functional and moderate setups. Not bone stock, but streetable suspension, practical ground clearance and full functionality of an everyday street car.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 07:19 PM   #1694
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
I like the idea of having a thread for functional and moderate setups. Not bone stock, but streetable suspension, practical ground clearance and full functionality of an everyday street car.
but then none of the hot boi's will care about you

is it that much of a challenge to build a "normal height" modified car? don't aftermarket companies kinda already figure that out for us? koni yellows, eibach springs, 17x9 +28 with 245/40's? isn't that like the old "i-just-got-into-cars" combo? seems to have worked in the past.

but also, i think it'd be fun to see the old man-spec s chassis thread lol
Old 09-09-2019, 10:36 PM   #1695
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
is it that much of a challenge to build a "normal height" modified car?
Not if you dont mind going unnoticed.
I know I dont
Old 09-09-2019, 11:10 PM   #1696
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Is there a thread for cars with higher ride heights but an eye for good fitment and proper aesthetic?
Quote:
Dizz got ya both...

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

Sadly, the amount of contributions really speaks for the need of what you seek.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 08:10 AM   #1697
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Quote:
but then none of the hot boi's will care about you

is it that much of a challenge to build a "normal height" modified car? don't aftermarket companies kinda already figure that out for us? koni yellows, eibach springs, 17x9 +28 with 245/40's? isn't that like the old "i-just-got-into-cars" combo? seems to have worked in the past.

but also, i think it'd be fun to see the old man-spec s chassis thread lol
Hot bois never cared about me anyway. Always spent all my money on function not form. I'm now debating a functional form build or a build that takes a lot of the street function out and focuses on very specific form.

It's a challenge to build a "normal-height" modified car that works. Koni Yellows aren't terribly well valved, Eibachs are too soft, 245s all around are good for overall grip but the light weight and light steering of a 240SX does lend itself to a slightly stretched 225 setup all around.

The questions raised in my mind are:
  • Is it low enough to look good but high enough for my use?
  • Does the ride height work with the kit on the car, i.e. Kouki Type X?
  • Does the kit on the car need to be partial for the setup to look good at a higher ride height?
  • How does camber affect aesthetics at a higher ride height?
  • What tires look good enough but are functional?
Old 09-10-2019, 08:47 AM   #1698
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
I wish the just-got-into-cars combo was koni yellows and springs instead of racelands and ISR exhaust....

I built (and parted out) the street car s13 you're describing. Never put the kouki bumper + lip on that I bought for it, and I think at taller heights it looks a little goofy.

Nonetheless, I did Koni 8611s with 450/300# rates (that's 8k/5k), 17x9s with 245 Continentals.

The new Continental ExtremeContact Sport or Michelin Pilot Sport 4s is probably the tire you're looking for.
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 09:06 AM   #1699
spooled240
Post Whore!

spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by [240sx] View Post
Dizz got ya both...

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

Sadly, the amount of contributions really speaks for the need of what you seek.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
That thread is pretty close, but it's more about the OEM style and aesthetics. There's a few cars in there that have OEM style, but don't look like could be daily drivers
Old 09-10-2019, 11:01 AM   #1700
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Spooled speaks truth.

A lot of those cars are too low to drive some of the low-lying canyon roads around me, with the overflow divots and root cracks, not to mention that you need travel for the camber changes and high amplitude bumps around here. I like shitty roads because, more often than not, they go nowhere- and nowhere can have some great scenery.
Old 09-10-2019, 05:37 PM   #1701
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Spooled speaks truth.

A lot of those cars are too low to drive some of the low-lying canyon roads around me, with the overflow divots and root cracks, not to mention that you need travel for the camber changes and high amplitude bumps around here. I like shitty roads because, more often than not, they go nowhere- and nowhere can have some great scenery.
I daily my S15 posted in the thread. It’s low enough to barely have a finger gap but it’s still perfectly fine on Japanese roads. Anyone that’s ever lived here will tell you how bad they are...
Old 09-11-2019, 08:51 AM   #1702
spooled240
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
I daily my S15 posted in the thread. It’s low enough to barely have a finger gap but it’s still perfectly fine on Japanese roads. Anyone that’s ever lived here will tell you how bad they are...
They're bad?! I've always heard they are great, or at the very least much, much better than the roads here..
Old 09-11-2019, 09:43 AM   #1703
dizzariot
Post Whore!

dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:
They're bad?! I've always heard they are great, or at the very least much, much better than the roads here..
Yeah the toll roads and highways are awesome for the most part but normal city roads can be ROUGH.
Old 09-11-2019, 01:31 PM   #1704
EFITTZY
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
EFITTZY is making a name for him/her selfEFITTZY is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Standard View Post

Remove the letter s from the beginning of your url ie : http://zilvia.net...

Had the same issue, I believe there's a thread about it.
Old 09-11-2019, 03:00 PM   #1705
BenRice
Leaky Injector

BenRice has a spectacular aura aboutBenRice has a spectacular aura aboutBenRice has a spectacular aura aboutBenRice has a spectacular aura aboutBenRice has a spectacular aura aboutBenRice has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
That thread is pretty close, but it's more about the OEM style and aesthetics. There's a few cars in there that have OEM style, but don't look like could be daily drivers
In a similar boat tbh

I've gone hard on the OEM look, but can drive it 2 hours on B & C roads (ie no highways) quite comfortably. Don't have to inch in and out of driveways, but top of tyre is level with the guard

It's actually great to see there's a subculture out there that sits in between the POS millenial hack, impractical stance cars and jacked-up Naoki spec
BenRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 04:53 PM   #1706
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenRice View Post
...and jacked-up Naoki spec
LOL this shit might be the worst of the bunch, because these dudes have money for all the shit that gets the car to sit like that and STIL can't pull it off.
Old 09-11-2019, 05:20 PM   #1707
spooled240
Post Whore!

One time my gf and I drove to SD and I took my s14 for fun. We get to the Hilton hotel parking garage and began driving up a narrow one-way ramp only to hear a nasty scraping sound from "teeter tottering" my low ass car at the top of the ramp where it leveled off.

That was one of the moments that made me question wtf I was doing driving around tucking tire
Old 09-11-2019, 08:01 PM   #1708
BenRice
Leaky Injector

BenRice has a spectacular aura aboutBenRice has a spectacular aura aboutBenRice has a spectacular aura aboutBenRice has a spectacular aura aboutBenRice has a spectacular aura aboutBenRice has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
LOL this shit might be the worst of the bunch, because these dudes have money for all the shit that gets the car to sit like that and STIL can't pull it off.
I have mates that swear by it. They will never go back to slammed cars again because they love how the chassis handles with more suspension travel.

I'll keep inviting them to 4WD meets until they get the hint
BenRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 01:50 PM   #1709
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Holy hell stock springs are gigantic. It's weird to go back to stock on something after going down the rabbit hole on quite a few cars. I have new KYBs either here or coming, new bump stops, new front lower control arms, new tie rods, subframe bushing stiffeners, new front strut mounts, and new rear damper mounts on their way as well. I'll do all of that along with new wheel bearings, braided brake lines, braided clutch line, new motor mounts, and new trans mounts.

I think I'm going to put the car on some 205/70R15 Yokohama Geolandar's for now. We're coming up on fall and that means dirt roads won't be quite so damn hot. I don't really care about the handling; I'd rather have more ground clearance and more chip resistance. They're 1.5" taller than the optional 205/60R15s but 0.8" shorter than the 205/75R15 General Grabber AT2s.

While I get my other projects under control and sold off, it'll be nice to have something I can just hop in and drive wherever I want to go.

This is not the car's final form, but it's something for now.
Old 09-23-2019, 02:20 AM   #1710
dizzariot
Post Whore!

...is anyone else barred from posting threads? I can't get a thread to work anywhere...