Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 01-01-2019, 01:24 PM   #361
keioffice
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
keioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I can't believe my password still works! Have not logged in many years! Happy new year my fellow Nissan bros!
keioffice is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2019, 10:45 PM   #362
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJDANGER24 View Post
Here's an idea. Get off social media, build the car you want and stfu.

New year, new me!
You're 100% correct. I don't know why I even have Instagram. I need to get off this shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
By the time you filter out the "What I want" VS "What someone will pay"

Keep it. At this point with the way the s-chassis community is, I'd rather let my car be a barn find in X amount of years than sell it, unless of course it was some ungodly amount of money.

You all talked shit to JIMBO about crushing that shell in his build thread. Worst come to worst, I'd probably part my car out to a shell and cut it in half, just so it wasn't someone elses.
Yeah I romanticize these pieces of shit so much I'd rather store it forever...unless I could sell something to fund another 'on-the-list-to-own' car. I mean fuck, someone from Australia offered to buy my Type X last year and now I wish I would've taken it.

I don't think I talked shit on Jimmy doing that...but if he was done with the shell it could've been sold to someone looking for a stripped, track-ready shell and said person may have not found a clean, bone-stock SE with low miles to turn into a track heap. Just a possibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
Just the musings of another grumpy old asshole on Zilvia.
I agree with tuzzio and lonewanderer. Just keep it and maybe even bite the bullet an import it. Are you permanently in Europe or are you in the military? At any rate, why would you make the same mistake you made with your S30?

I've been where you're at. I still am. I have two friends that really want my fastback in the US. Even though I don't foresee myself coming back to the US (if I can control that) I don't want to sell the grey fastback. I'd rather sell my Type X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellslikecurry View Post
Everyone have a grumpy new year! ya assholes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by keioffice View Post
I can't believe my password still works! Have not logged in many years! Happy new year my fellow Nissan bros!
Happy New Years, guys!
Old 01-01-2019, 10:57 PM   #363
keioffice
Zilvia Member

keioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymore
I got a thing, you got a thing, everybody's got a thing. When we get together, doing our thing, in order to help each-other.
Old 01-01-2019, 11:32 PM   #364
Farzam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
...yeah I don't know what the fuck is up with American companies that make forged wheels. Brada, HRE, ADV.1...does it really cost so much in the US that the prices have to be exponentially more than a set of BNIB, 'store-priced' Volks from your local vendor? I honestly don't know. If it's all mark-up that's pretty lame.
It's funny you mention those brands, cause one of the companies you mentioned might as well be Chinese if you catch my drift.

Well, for one thing. A good amount of Japanese wheels aren't forged, they're cast. Most of the higher end companies in the US multipiece market are forged. Some aren't and sort of ride the wave and get away with charging stupid prices bc Americans are easily fooled by marketing. I'll get to that.

Then, there's concave forged multipiece wheels like someone mentioned earlier being exorbinantly priced. A concave face requires more metal and tooling time. Then there are intricate face designs which require extra tooling time. Most wheels are made by a third party. You usually pay a flat fee per set with a set amount of tooling time but then pay $x.xx/min thereafter. So that is usually factored into the price. A lot of popular Japanese wheels are relative simple from a CAD standpoint.

Finishes are also a major factor. Most people ordering fancy US wheels from me usually opt for premium finishes whereas I sell pretty much all my JDM wheels in standard finishes. Maybe upgraded hardware on occasion. Even if I offer someone a standard finish 90% similar to what they want, they want want to go the whole 9. A lot of these companies outsource their finishing (you'd be suprised, some of these companies literally don't even physically touch their wheels lol) so if they outsource, that company is marking it up, now the wheel company is too.

Back to marketing. People start a lot of these companies as of late because the market is expanding and although we don't necessarily see it reflected on zilvia so much, more people are willing to drop $5k+ on a set of wheels than 20 years ago. Very few companies want to spend $2k+ per set to just sell them for $3k. The companies that do own their own equipment OR probably get their faces cut overseas. At that point why not just get the rim halves there too if they aren't already? Lol. Just offer premium finishes as standard and have some pretty designs and nobody will be the wiser.

So...sometimes it's markup, sometimes it's legitimate, and sometimes it's a legitimate markup. I'd go more in depth but 1. my friend just got here and 2. I don't want to burn any bridges lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post
It is all mark-up. US forged wheels aren't any stronger or lighter than Ray's
It's not so much strength, it's the cost to manufacture.
Old 01-01-2019, 11:37 PM   #365
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
were all grump assholes here... and Farzam, i know we didnt like each other a fear years ago, but youre officially a down ass fool with me now

PS: kinda drunk lol

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 11:38 PM   #366
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farzam View Post
amazing how people dont realize this... even with my own aero parts!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 11:49 PM   #367
keioffice
Zilvia Member

aggro as ever, no wonder drifting never took off in the USA. To many egos... Every one eating their own...
Old 01-02-2019, 03:02 AM   #368
dizzariot
Post Whore!

dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:
*drops knowledge bomb*
That's intersting for sure. What about the Rays case, though? If you knew (and I'm sure you do) what a BNIB set goes for from a licensed dealer here in Japan, you'd know that there's a ton of room between that price and the $3K+ they're sold for in the US. I just can't believe shops still sell these wheels for that price. The power of ignorance is truly remarkable in that aspect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keioffice View Post
aggro as ever, no wonder drifting never took off in the USA. To many egos... Every one eating their own...
It's hard to find common ground, nowadays. I think it's a generational thing if anything.
Old 01-02-2019, 03:41 AM   #369
keioffice
Zilvia Member

Quote:
It's hard to find common ground, nowadays. I think it's a generational thing if anything.
Dunno, all the tracks around the midwest didn't like drifting events because they would tear up their infield. Also the people who did set up events were very hostile to any one who wasn't someone who knew some one. Doesn't matter to me, I appreciate the the car I have, and I am glad I didn't beat the piss out of of it.
Old 01-02-2019, 06:43 AM   #370
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Quote:
The cost of manufacture a 'forged' wheel (like the bs USA wheels) that still weighs more & is weaker than a cast wheel from a proper manufacturer.
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 07:28 AM   #371
marshun
Leaky Injector

marshun is an unknown quantity at this point
happy new years. hope everyone had a good one
marshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 08:56 AM   #372
smellslikecurry
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (33)
smellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Quote:
That's intersting for sure. What about the Rays case, though? If you knew (and I'm sure you do) what a BNIB set goes for from a licensed dealer here in Japan, you'd know that there's a ton of room between that price and the $3K+ they're sold for in the US. I just can't believe shops still sell these wheels for that price. The power of ignorance is truly remarkable in that aspect.
Ain't that the truth. I have access to pricing information through my shop and there is a ton of wiggle room. As long as the hype is there, people will pay.
Old 01-02-2019, 12:03 PM   #373
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juucso View Post
I’m waiting for you!
damn, still can't get a rise out of you! more of the "younger generation" could learn a thing or two from you. such fragile egos.
Old 01-02-2019, 09:32 PM   #374
Farzam
Post Whore!

Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
were all grump assholes here... and Farzam, i know we didnt like each other a fear years ago, but youre officially a down ass fool with me now

PS: kinda drunk lol
I'm definitely good at rubbing people the wrong way, especially 10-12 years ago when I was a shithead teenager thanks man, I appreciate all the stuff you do for the community

Quote:
The cost of manufacture a 'forged' wheel (like the bs USA wheels) that still weighs more & is weaker than a cast wheel from a proper manufacturer.
Well, that's a very broad statement so in some instances you may be correct, and in others I think you're looking at it the wrong way.

I feel like it's safe to say that most modern modular wheels aren't designed with performance in mind. They are designed to look cool. The ones that DO have that in mind are generally pretty light and are a good choice for some situations. Like if you resize wheels (maybe you want to widebody your track car next season) OR in some case it is cheaper to replace a rim half than it is to replace the entire wheel. Of coure if you bend your face then all that goes to shit lol.

A lot of popular race wheels aren't really that durable, either. Most track guys I know want cheap and light. Wheels are a disposable item for them. I certainly do advocate the use of more durable items for safety purposes, but that's not necessarily what makes cars the fastest.

I've hit a concrete barrier going 1xx mph with 57dR on my car and it saved my car from turning into a crushed tuna can. RLCA snapped in half and brake rotor shattered, wedging the wheel into the wheel well and spacing the car off the wall. Had it been an inferior wheel, things could have been a LOT different.

Regardless, if it costs more for them...it'll cost more for you. It's how business works.

Quote:
Anything purchased in the country of origin is generally cheaper. Someone has to import the wheels here and store them, that isn't cheap, and naturally any expense a business incurs gets marked up and passed onto the customer. Oh yeah, and TARIFFS. Trumpito is fucking the wheel game up rn lol

I sell wheels for awesome prices. Zilvia just isn't my target demographic, although I do sell some stuff to S/Z/R chassis people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellslikecurry View Post
Ain't that the truth. I have access to pricing information through my shop and there is a ton of wiggle room. As long as the hype is there, people will pay.
Well, there has to be meat on the bone for the vendor to make their $$, otherwise they'll just push other stuff. I do b2c and b2b with my products as well as being a consumer of items in the same industry, so I have a weird view on these scenarios.

Plus, almost nothing nowadays gets sold for MSRP/MAP. I have people sending me screenshots from BIG shops offering crazy low numbers. That wasn't how things were a few years ago. So yeah, in theory you can make $500 on that set of wheels if you sell at FULL price, but most of the time nowadays people shop around and then if you pricematch you'll have $250...then pay shipping, merchant services/paypal fees, taxes, etc...you're really not making dick. Lol.
Old 01-03-2019, 04:35 PM   #375
SAKURA
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (22)
SAKURA is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
Dumb thing to say not knowing the situation.
In today's world, with the way society has gone regarding marriage and divorce, and how screwed a man gets when his wife all of a sudden doesn't love him anymore and gets cash and prizes for it, there is no upside for a man to get married.

Unless you marry a chick just to immigrate to another country. That is the only reason a man would get married in today's social climate. Just my opinion though.
Old 01-03-2019, 05:21 PM   #376
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAKURA View Post
In today's world, with the way society has gone regarding marriage and divorce, and how screwed a man gets when his wife all of a sudden doesn't love him anymore and gets cash and prizes for it, there is no upside for a man to get married.

Unless you marry a chick just to immigrate to another country. That is the only reason a man would get married in today's social climate. Just my opinion though.

............................................______ __........................
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,..................
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,............
.........................,/...............................................” :,........
.....................,?........................... ...........................\,.....
.................../.................................................. .........,}....
................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}....
.............../.................................................. .,:”........./.....
..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../.....
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../........
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`. ......._/...........
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}...........
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../............
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`... ..}............../.............
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”...............
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\...................
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__...........
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|........... ...`=~-,....
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\... .....................
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\............. ..........
................................`:,,.............. .............`\..............__..
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``.......
........................................_\........ ..._,-%.......`\...............
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\..............

Old 01-05-2019, 07:35 AM   #377
mad-ass
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
mad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mad-ass
I have done my "log in and check what's for sale every 3 month with Zilvia" deal this fine morning and I landed on this fucking gold mind. Sup everyone, Happy new years for 2019.

I am waiting for the fight to happen between the LS-swapped S14 and Prius, I would like to know the out come as I own both myself.

I've officially owned my S14 for 11.5 years now, and 6 years of those owner ship with Tein lowering springs and KYB GR-2 shocks and absolutely love it. fuck...that's what old person says right??
Old 01-07-2019, 08:08 PM   #378
MiamiGrinch240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
MiamiGrinch240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
No new posts, I’m getting grumpy.
Old 01-07-2019, 09:58 PM   #379
Farzam
Post Whore!

I've had numerous people ask if their coilovers came with camber plates on vehicles with double wishbone suspension that's not how it wooooooorks. Not very grumpy about it but it's kinda stagnant in here.

My car is supposed to go into the paint booth this weekend and I need new side skirts. Grumpy about dat
Old 01-07-2019, 10:41 PM   #380
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
hey dudes... im still into 240's and visiting on the regular... going to have to focus on going back to school and finishing my degree before i buy my next one though.
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 11:44 PM   #381
dizzariot
Post Whore!

I got some stuff for you, fam.

Stancenation guy just posted about how he's got a ton of ideas on how to rice out his hatch. This of course comes after all the 'inspirational posts' about how much he loves the S13 in OEM form. Need dat clout.

CA just passed a law that smacks you with an instant fine for having an aftermarket muffler (whereas it was a ref ticket before) and people are mad. The video of a cop giving a ticket to someone is on IG. He essentially attributes the crackdown to the street racing and highway takeovers.

I keep having to block 'JDM vehicle importers' on IG. The comments are fucking terrible and full of nut-swingers. What's worse is that the ads are normally incorrect...like the model and trim level are incorrect. It all goes to show you that no one importing cars is passionate about this shit. They can't even be bothered to get the ad right. I think it was Abautomotive or something in FL selling an S14 K's for like $15k. That's S15 SpecR money.

DISCUSS
Old 01-08-2019, 07:03 AM   #382
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

Capitalism ruins all things.

:hides:
Old 01-08-2019, 02:53 PM   #383
mad-ass
Nissanaholic!

mad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud of
SAE J1169 dB test procedure is 0.5M(20 inches) aft of tail pipe at a 45 degree offset, and engine RPM revved to 3/4 of max HP[if peak HP is at 155 hp @ 5,600rpm(figures are for S14 KA24DE), it is tested at 4,200rpm. (your peak HP rpm)*0.75=your tested rpm] and tested limit is 95dB for vehicles under 6,000 lbs. The sound level meter must be parallel to the ground at the same height as the exhaust tip, but no less than 0.2m (8") from the ground.

I just need to find someone with ANSI approved dB meter.

if you get this ticket, PLEASE FIGHT THE TICKET!!

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...xhaust-Tickets

Example of J1169 Test readings
http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/images/...i_SAEJ1169.pdf

Fucking hell, I'm getting old enough to care how the test is actually done for this stupid ass law.
Old 01-08-2019, 03:14 PM   #384
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Some good info, you should post in the other thread going. This is just the beginning, once you get to the referee he will find everything else
Old 01-08-2019, 03:30 PM   #385
mad-ass
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afishysilvia View Post
Some good info, you should post in the other thread going. This is just the beginning, once you get to the referee he will find everything else
Fair point on Ref finding everything else, but for a controlled scenario, you are only there for the said loud exhaust/modified muffler ticket. As long as you have all your O2's and Cat's in place, modified exhaust system is not changing anything for emissions so R.E.F./B.A.R. should not care and should only be testing the said SAE J1169 to determine your dB reading; which should not involve in peeping under the hood.

But that is in a perfect world where you ONLY get written up for the exhaust ticket and nothing else.

If you want to post what I've posted on other threads, go ahead. I won't waste my time to post it where people won't even appreciate the information being posted and ask questions on what's been answered already. At least some of you old grumpy assholes will find it useful.
Old 01-08-2019, 04:05 PM   #386
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Juucso is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I got some stuff for you, fam.

Stancenation guy just posted about how he's got a ton of ideas on how to rice out his hatch. This of course comes after all the 'inspirational posts' about how much he loves the S13 in OEM form. Need dat clout.

CA just passed a law that smacks you with an instant fine for having an aftermarket muffler (whereas it was a ref ticket before) and people are mad. The video of a cop giving a ticket to someone is on IG. He essentially attributes the crackdown to the street racing and highway takeovers.

I keep having to block 'JDM vehicle importers' on IG. The comments are fucking terrible and full of nut-swingers. What's worse is that the ads are normally incorrect...like the model and trim level are incorrect. It all goes to show you that no one importing cars is passionate about this shit. They can't even be bothered to get the ad right. I think it was Abautomotive or something in FL selling an S14 K's for like $15k. That's S15 SpecR money.

DISCUSS

#1. I absolutely love how an S13 hatch can look with OEM+ look on it, but still I seem to find it a bit boring and would not own one myself. Maybe if I had three of these, then I'd have one. Going a bit "crazy" and over the top like he usually does on his builds, I saw it coming. Do I think it is a bad thing? Nope. Better than the 2014 trend that people cutted their bumpers to get "drift stiches"....

#2. Cali seems to go nuts with the car enthusiasts. Do they think that giving tickets for your stupid ass fart can will stop street racing? Who's idea is it? He needs a good smack to his/her pretty face. <3

#3. Luckily I live in FInland and do not get ads like that. There are only few companies who import JDM cars to Finland and people here are really strict what they want and usually get something nice. I've taken few looks to the US JDM car market and it is insane. Are the people insane for buying for those prices or are the importers crazy for asking that kind of money for them? I dunno..
Old 01-08-2019, 04:20 PM   #387
mad-ass
Nissanaholic!

The new exhaust law's intent is to keep the noise pollution down, and I am a bit tired of Harley Davidson's lane splitting while revving their shit box and basically blowing my ear drums out in traffic. I already have disability with hearing and I don't need more help reducing my hearing capabilities. Also 1 less straight piped 350Z/370Z on the road is good news for everyone honestly, literally no one like how that sounds except the owners, and I'm pretty sure they are over 115 dB.

Where the hate for this law comes in is how it is enforced. Same law, just not able to correct it to pay less of a fine for the offense, except 99.99% of law enforcement are willing to go above and beyond what is necessary to enforce the law because they all have calibrated ears(and it's a new law so they gotta enforce it 1000% more than what they used to).
Old 01-08-2019, 04:47 PM   #388
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Capitalism ruins all things.

:hides:
then go somewhere else.

christ, i may start to use the ignore list. keep it up.
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 05:00 AM   #389
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juucso View Post
#1. I absolutely love how an S13 hatch can look with OEM+ look on it, but still I seem to find it a bit boring and would not own one myself. Maybe if I had three of these, then I'd have one. Going a bit "crazy" and over the top like he usually does on his builds, I saw it coming. Do I think it is a bad thing? Nope. Better than the 2014 trend that people cutted their bumpers to get "drift stiches"....
This is obviously where we fundamentally disagree. It wouldn't be as annoying if he didn't spend most of his time pandering to kids on IG waxing poetic about how he loved the cars so much in their stock form. I'll never understand the need for 'clout' or attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad-ass View Post
The new exhaust law's intent is to keep the noise pollution down, and I am a bit tired of Harley Davidson's lane splitting while revving their shit box and basically blowing my ear drums out in traffic. I already have disability with hearing and I don't need more help reducing my hearing capabilities. Also 1 less straight piped 350Z/370Z on the road is good news for everyone honestly, literally no one like how that sounds except the owners, and I'm pretty sure they are over 115 dB.

Where the hate for this law comes in is how it is enforced. Same law, just not able to correct it to pay less of a fine for the offense, except 99.99% of law enforcement are willing to go above and beyond what is necessary to enforce the law because they all have calibrated ears(and it's a new law so they gotta enforce it 1000% more than what they used to).
In all honesty the intended target I was trying to hit was that dipshits gave CA another reason to pull over modified cars lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman2334 View Post
then go somewhere else.

christ, i may start to use the ignore list. keep it up.
Yeah but there's a point there. Capitalism means the power lies with the seller. That's great. The problem is that most of the people in the Japanese car markets are total cunts, selling an item they have no knowledge of, for a profit margin pulled out of their ass.
Old 01-09-2019, 06:05 AM   #390
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Juucso is on a distinguished road
Quote:
This is obviously where we fundamentally disagree. It wouldn't be as annoying if he didn't spend most of his time pandering to kids on IG waxing poetic about how he loved the cars so much in their stock form. I'll never understand the need for 'clout' or attention.
Well that is completely true. He has so large fan base that I feel like he is not doing it for the likes or internet fame. He already has it. It could be tho, not trying to be his white knight, but I can somewhat agree with him.

I love to look at the "Type X" threads in here since I love how good OEM+ car can look without any large customization and body kits, but I still would take the "overly" done then stockish one as you know.

My three favorite S13 hatch's are V2 Bunny by Nakagawa, Seki Motorsports and just a nice stock body Type X ones with nice fender to wheel fitment. There are so many cool ones that I don't know which one to pick.